Total Votes : 12

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:35 pm
You can blame this post on the bad_rpers_suck LJ comm for this; for those who don't want to read the comments, someone jokingly mentioned gay rocks as an example of chatroom titles being blatantly ignored. (Fourth thread down, for those curious.)

My first thought? I can roll with this.

ANYWAY! You are a bunch of anthropomorphic rocks. Being gay is not a requirement by any means, despite the inspiration phrase.

Your mission? STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM A FROG-LIKE LIFEFORM WITH MIND-CONTROL POWERS (that you are conveniently immune to, being rocks). Any resemblance to the Dynarri/Ur-Quan/Taalo incident is entirely coincidental, for srs.

~*~RULES~*~
1. Your characters must be based off of actual minerals/rocks. Also, while diamond, sapphire, ect. are all okay, I'd prefer to see some less well-known minerals/rocks, like Sphalerite.
2. Attributes of the character must match those of the rock. I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MADE OF IRON TALCS. ALSO: Just because your character is toxic to carbon-based life doesn't mean they're evil. They're just toxic to carbon-based life. :I

And yes, I will be looking up your rocks.
3. While some OoC comments are okay, don't carry on conversations through them. That tends to hold up RP in almost any condition I've encountered it in. :I
4. Yes, you do have enemies. No, you do not have to fight them; in fact, it'd be smarter to go stealth mode in this case.
5. The ToS and Guild Law are still in effect. In addition, I do not want to see godmodding or anything like that. THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU, LET OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY THEIR PRETENDY FUN TIMES.
6. Tell me before you go off on a detour with your character; this RP may be fairly open-ended, but I'd like some warning for major miniplots so I can work them into the storyline.
7. If you can't decide who wins a fight with another PC for whatever reason, contact me. I will roll up some die, and you will deal with what you have been rolled. I'd prefer if you guys talked it out, though.
8. The minimum word count is roughly twenty words. This is mostly to make sure you actually contribute something. As a related note, IT IS OKAY TO USE SIMPLER WORDS IF THEY FIT BETTER. You don't need to show off your thesaurus-using abilities when you post here, really. :I

The World:

The year is 2112, and humanity has been spreading into the stars, making settlements and meeting aliens of various forms, not all of them benign.

Among those less-than-benign aliens was a frog-like creature capable of controlling the minds of other sentients. It is the last survivor of an attempt to remove their species from the face of the galaxy, and humanity soon found out why its species was so marked. The first encounter marked the beginning of the end of Sol-3’s freedom, and the systematic eradication of the species previously allied with humans.

Thirty years later, humankind’s new overlord has noticed areas it cannot reach, and those mindslaves it sends to investigate never return. Remote surveillance of the areas reveals human-like creatures that are immune to mind control, and provide a slight resistance to mind control to all humans nearby.

This, of course, cannot stand.

Robotic troops are deployed with the intent of exterminating all unidentified humanoids, but the humanoids appear to have vanished by the time they arrive at the former gaps in its control. Where there was previously evidence of human life, there were now only rocks.

The idea that the rocks might be alive never crosses its mind, luckily for them.

The rocks arranged a gathering so that they could select a few of their finest to go forth and BE AWESOME I mean save the world, yes that’s it.

What're you waiting for? Hop to it!

The important part: ~*~CHARACTER PROFILES~*~

Name:
Rock:
Appearance:
Personality: (Do NOT skimp on this one! I can deal with minimal description of what they look like, but gdit I will not stand for a poorly-defined personality!)
Attributes: (for better or for worse, these are your rock-related powers. Try to be creative here. :I)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:36 pm
CHARACTER LIST:

VenusRain
Name: Ran

Rock: Uraninite

Appearance: Appears to be a tall (roughly 6’6”) male of roughly 25, with metallic grey hair, dull black eyes and slightly shiny, dark grey skin with an odd scaly-smooth texture. Generally sticks to dark-colored casual clothing; he’s particularly fond of anything that covers a lot of skin, like turtlenecks. Also, he loves his trench coat. It is a thing of scruffy beauty. He also wears gloves designed to protect against radiation, to help keep from irradiating everything he touches.

Personality: A fairly quiet fellow, Ran tries to keep to himself most of the time, and doesn’t deal easily with people. He’s a terrible liar, at least in part because talking to someone face-to-face destroys his ability to hold onto a pokerface. The fact that he’s going to have to get used to being around people who will most likely be in his face all the time bothers him very deeply, so he’s especially twitchy and nervy. He also tends to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind under stress, which has the unfortunate side effect of making him appear stupid. Which he isn't.

However, while his people skills are terrible, he’s pretty reliable and tends to keep any promise that’s under his power to keep. Just don’t tell him your secrets if you think people will ask about them (the whole “terribad liar” thing, you see).

Attributes: Radioactive; toxic to most life forms. Unusually heavy for his size, so his punches hurt like hell. :I Also a walking techbane when his gloves are off; he fries electrical equipment by touch, you see.

Articx-Frost
Name: Alex Carter
Rock: Obsidian
Appearance: Alex tends to wear mostly black with white trim, matching her rock form through her clothing. She has a white snowflake mark on her lower back which is visible in rock form.
Personality: There are many sides to Alex, just as there are many things that make her. She can be very stubborn when she puts her mind to something and has a razor wit about herself. Previously known to break down under pressure, she tends to follow orders rather than give them. She is able to lie proficiantly when needed, but some people can see through her, abait with some difficulty.
Attributes: Quick Change – She can shift between rock and person with remarkable speed.
Half Shift – She can change parts of her body to rock while keeping others in human form.
Blade-kind Strife Deck – Utilizing her half shift ability, Alex can change one or both of her arms into blades sharp enough to split steel.

FlightlessPenguin
Name: Zirone "Ron"

Rock: Zircon

Appearance: Zirone is a rather short man, only 5'6 in his age of 20. He is rather lacking of weight, too. His light brown, almost transparent, eyes hold a crazy look in some times that things are not going well. His hair is a dark gray, or you could say the lightest shade of black.

He is a rather sickly male, always having a runny nose, and releasing sneezes now and then. He has a rather pale skin, nearing white. (Though you'd be amused at the colors his face will portray when you get him mad.) To make up for it, he usually wears bright colored clothes, though they are faded, because he likes keeping his clothes for a long time.

Personality: Even though Zirone is always looking wan and sick, he is actually a stubborn man, and will stand by his principles whether you like it or not. He is surprisingly strong, and can throw a strong punch in your way, and there's more from where that came from.

Ron can really be a pain in the neck when you argue with him, because, as I've said earlier, he refuses to let anyone lower his man pride, and will never give up until he gets what he wants.

He is a friendly and charismatic person, despite his stubborn manners, and can really be great when you just nod along what he says, and when you really get to know him, he's your friend, rain or shine.

Attributes:

Hardheaded. Literally. But you should apply that to his whole body; he's not one to punch and kick, for you'd probably end up in bruises, without him even doing anything.
Radioactive.
Sand-Hands. Can turn his forearms and hands into sand. Which when brushed against you really hard, can leave a lot of fresh wounds.

HitMeWithBrokenLeaves

Name: Lazuli (Laz)
Rock: Lapis Lazuli
Appearance: Laz is relatively short, standing at about 5'3'' at 19. She has shocking blue hair streaked with white, yellow, green, and different shades of blue, matching her eyes which have flecks of said color in them that shimmer and seem to change depending on the lighting. She prefers to wear long purple blue kimono's with lighter orchid colored flowers on them. Her smooth pale skin itself seems to have a shimmery almost silver-grey appearance.
Personality: Lazuli is quite optimistic and bright, always quick to point out the silver lining in a dark situation or cheer someone up. At times though she can be quick to point out the obvious or antagonize people, her anger or annoyance often veiled with passive aggressive remarks or guilt trips. Usually though, Laz is calm and mellow, preferring to 'go with the flow' so to speak.
Attributes:
Calm - Is able to extend a sort of mental relaxant on people. Relieves tension, Anxiety, sharpens mental clarity and aids the regenerative process of the body (a.k.a: Aids healing process).
Shield - Being more defensive than offensive, she can create a physical and Mental shield with her rock, buffering against some physical attacks and psychic attacks, being able to help other people close to her
Heal - Can soothe and heal internal damage (a.k.a: Throat, Heart, Thyroid,etc.), cuts and bruises as her stone is naturally anti-inflammatory, and detoxifies blood, making her immune to toxins.

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 pm
Ran shivered, and glared at the wall of rain outside of the cave. It wasn’t bad enough that he was going to need to go walk in that rain if he thought he saw anything moving outside, no, he also needed to find a bunch of people he’d never met before.

He sighed, and looked back at the photos he’d been given to identify them. Of course it would be nobody I’ve met before. No reason to try to make it easier for me to deal with.

He was several minutes into his mental rant when the sound of something moving around outside the cave jolted him into fight-or-flight. He didn’t have the time to shift if whatever-it-was saw the firelight and was hostile, but like hell he was going to make it harder for the people was meeting with to find him in the downpour.
He cautiously stepped into the rain, and deliberately stepped on a tick to see how the person (robots?) would react.

((THIS IS TERRIBLE AND I'M SORRY BUT I NEEDED TO POST THE STUPID THING ALREADY.

EDIT: oh god that tick was supposed to be STICK ugh HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT clearly i should not write at crazy o' clock in the morning. *facedesk*))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 am
Zirone covered himself from the rain, though not entirely, by the use of his sand-hands. Though he had to use them carefully - there was a big chance of getting caught in this world. Rock people like him were what the government were after. And it wasn't fun being one of the government's targets. Helicopters, lights and the people all around him terrified him.

Coming out from his hiding place behind a tree, Ron ran anywhere that he could be hidden quickly, for his sand-hands were very visible. Shivering, he kept sprinting towards the only recently spotted cave that was nearby, but he couldn't see what, or who was inside, for the thick downfall of the water from the sky was like a curtain.

Nearing the cave, paler than most of the times, his light brown eyes were closed, and his white teeth were chattering. He stopped at the mouth of the cave, unable to move anymore. Then everything went black.

((Lol, suckish post. I've been waiting forever on this to start, and I'm glad it finally has. heart ))

just call me butt

Prophet

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 pm
(( ...Is anyone out there? I waited because I thought you might want to get all posty-like... ._.; Also, I'm sorry if Zirone isn't actually hypothermic; it just sounds like he is. Also Ran luv assumptions it seems.))

Ran spun towards the sound of someone falling--yes, that was definitely a person that fell--and carefully walked over to the person lying in the cave mouth. Well, as carefully as someone who kept sinking into the mud could move.

As soon as he was close enough to see the man on the ground, he groaned. Of course he would be hypothermic and unconscious, that would just be how his luck went.

He lifted the surprisingly heavy man as far off the ground as he could (which wasn't far) and dragged him close to his pathetically small fire. He though for a moment, and decided that the other man living was more important than his comfort before throwing his coat over him like a blanket. He sat down next to the fire, and tried to focus on anything but the cold and wet air around him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A late introduction

Despite the dreary fact that it was cold wet and she would be shot on sight if she was caught, Alex was having the time of her life. If she kept anything sticking out of her clothes in rock form, they didn't get cold. Keeping under outcrops and in caves also made sure that she kept dry and warmer. And then she heard the sound of a snapping twig. In the blink of an eye, the only sign that she was there were the footprints leading to a rock which were washing away in the heavy rain. Feeling nothing coming towards her, she cautiously turned humanoid again and ran into the next cave to hide. Only to find it occupied by two others that she recognised by face. "Oh. You're both part of the team. I've seen your faces in the files. I think we're the last ones to arrive, so there might be others dotted around the place. I'm Alex by the way."  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

just call me butt

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 pm
((WAH, I didn't respond, for like, MONTHS!! WAH, me so sorry I abandoned you guys and Zirone, too.))

Zirone was weak. He was sickly, and often sensitive to almost everything around him. Simple rain made him easily become more warm than usual. He hated this joke of himself.

He was a ROCK, for crissakes. Since when did rocks get hurt, or sick? Rocks are the one who hurt other people. Rocks are supposed to be insensitive. They were supposed to be strong.

Why is he any different?

Still shivering from the coldness of the rain, Ron immediately woke himself from another unexpected collapse. "Tch," An empty look came over his light brown eyes, chattering teeth making it impossible to frown.

It took a while for the reality of it all hit him. There was fire. There was some sort of heavy cloth on him. Two people. Not robots. People. One male, the other female. They were in a cave. The woman was most definitely talking to them, but it was incomprehensible. Her mouth was just moving along, making distant noises.

Why was she so familiar?

And this man beside him. He looked awfully familiar too.

Suddenly, from too much effort of craning his neck and trying to stand up, or at least sit up, and understand their conversation, Zirone once again blacked out, his head hitting the dirt under him. Thud.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm
(FFFFFFFF-- oh god i forgot that this thread existed I'M SORRY GUYS ;_; I'M A HORRIBLE GM)

Ran nodded at Alex's greeting, and was in the middle of waving her over to the fire to talk without craning his neck when he was distracted by the man on the ground struggling to get up. He'd started to stand to help him up, but was too late to keep him from falling over a second time. He stood anyway, and shook him in a probably futile attempt to wake him.

"Alex, right?" Ran barreled on without waiting for her to answer, too irritated at the universe's curveballs to care about little things like social skills. "Can you help me get this guy up? I'm Ran, by the way," he tossed on as an afterthought.  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

just call me butt

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am
((Mu, shall we PM Frost, Venus? neutral ))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 pm
(( Just did, but you can PM Frost yourself if you want. I don't want to come off as too pushy, though. :< ))  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

just call me butt

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 pm
((Ah, one PM would be enough for Frost, I guess.))  
Roleplay Practice [Open!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games