Maxx D and Jun D's Teepee

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soquili~teepees
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Welcome to the home of Maxx D, Jun D and their soquili.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Canticle's Stats
Strength: 8%
Courage: 12%
Speed: 12%
Intelligence: 11%
Luck: 11%
Stamina: 11%

Leibowitz's stats
Strength: 10%
Courage: 7%
Speed: 6%
Intelligence: 12%
Luck: 7%
Stamina: 6%

The Teepee
They all live in the mountains.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 am
User Image

Once upon a time...

Canticle remembers nothing of his parents, his original herd, nor of how he strayed from the migrating pack as a young foal to wander, lost and helpless, through snowy mountain paths. His recollections only begin from the monastic enclave of Roman Catholic missionaries he collapsed close to, and the kindly monks who took him in and named him. They never suspected their young charge of being anything but a slightly unusual deer, and treated him as a helpful pet; on his part, naive and impressionable Canticle wholeheartedly loved his benefactors, aided with their daily tasks where he could, eagerly listened to their teachings, and immersed himself in their spartan lifestyle.

When it became apparent that Canticle had become a fine young buck (or so they thought...), out of a misguided respect for nature in this strange country, they sent him back into the wild with their fond blessings. This is a cautionary tale. |: Totally ignorant of all things outside the monastic world and mistakenly believing he was on some kind of evangelising mission, Canticle struggled for weeks in a bewildering and hostile landscape, surviving on nothing but bark in the certainty that spare living would bring him closer to a God from another land he had only fragmented (if potent) impressions of.

It was in this state that he was overjoyed to run into another just like him - Leibowitz, an itinerant Cerynei who had too been separated from the herd at a young age and gained his name and manners around the settlements. It was only after he was no longer delirious from hunger that he was horrified to learn that Leibowitz had not so much been separated as "sauntered vaguely downwards," tiring of herdlife even as a foal, and had gained his name and manners around the drunken, carousing, Godless areas of the settlement. In other words, he was a heathen soul.

Ever since, he has followed Leibowitz ceaselessly about in his travails, trying to convert him to the light and frantically interfering in his casual attempts to "duck in and make off with a bit of the harvest" etc. whenever their paths cross through Kawani lands. Which is just is well - if the latter didn't make sure his annoying companion ate something other than bark (which he's not even very good at stripping) once in while, Canticle would probably be with his God by now...

OOC Notes: I never thought I would own a Soq, much less a dapple grey Cerynei! The lovely plushie was originally gifted to me by dear Kaisanti, and then Canticle was so very kindly CC'd by Sabin Duvert! Now a mismatched pair of Soqs with Maxx's Leibowitz (geek points if you catch the ref)! XD I'm very invested in his silly backstory, and tried to make it as believable as possible for the Soq setting, lightly researching missionaries in the New World era and other related facets. Having said that, I'm still not sure if it's an acceptable backstory, though I hope that Cerynei, returning from a far-away land, could possibly pass through more varied areas on the way back to the Kawani region.

[Note: I mean no offense by the portrayal of religion here! I just thought from the moment I laid eyes on him that he looked like he should've been raised by monks and ran from there. XD This portrayal is merely the confused imaginings of a Cerynei brought up by missionaries from another context in the Land of the Great Spirit.]

Jun D

Shoujo Shounen

Maxx D

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 am

A rebellious and generally quite unbearable young Cerynei foal left the herd and rambuctiously raided the suitcase of a wayward European who ran off screaming back into civilised travel areas, and the deer-thing followed to the colonised regions and into a bar. He had shreds of the gentleman's passport in his mouth, and naturally a drunkard grinned up at him and read off the words the foal couldn't read:

"Leibowitz!"

So the not-so-little deer-thing grew up into a buck and engaged in a hedonistic lifestyle which partially involves stealing of food from colonisers and later on, villagers alike - well, he never discriminates. Then he ran into the dumbest other-deer-thing called Canticle and has been trying to feed him ever since while rejecting his evangelising proposals. It's a tough life and secretly, Leibowitz is starting to believe a God exists simply because he's obviously being punished...

OOC notes: Kaisanti's plushie for me - a handsome little reindeer fellow - got CC'ed by Ririka, who drew me out of HyTech to post in the Soq thread. Sacre bleu! This happened after Canticle, and both Jun and I were and are very pleased to have the dysfunctional duo.

Teepees

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games