Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Just thought I Would Ask... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm
Gregar828
That's an interesting point. We can all say what we think is a good christian, but usually when we SEE a good christian, we know. So maybe a good christian cannot be defined by words, but by actions.

WOOOOOoooooo! ^(^.^)^ somebody reads their Bible!

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?"
Matthew 7:16

Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Matthew 7:20

"Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right."
Proverbs 20:11

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit."
Matthew 12:33

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit."
Luke 6:43

"Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers."
Luke 6:44

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
(Galatians 5:22-23)

"When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning."
(John 15:26-27)

blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm
I was answering the question from the standpoint that God is the source of all good. Either from the beginning of man God sent down His law to the generations that currently exist. Also, when we become Christians, God cleanses us of the sins we have done. He also does work in us to make us good. My initial perspective was looking at the source...you guys looked at works...I can see the confusion here.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 pm
Lol, I never said you were wrong.
I agree with you as well.

Just answering on point. "What makes you a good Christian, and how are you a good Christian? "

You can tell by the works of the Holy Spirit, like the Bible says.
Not much more not much less than that.

Obviously God being in our lives is implied if I answered that by the fruits of the spirit you can tell.
^___~

As Jesus said," I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." (John 15:1)
If you are in the right vine with the right gardener then you will bear good fruit. You cannot bear fruit if you do not remain in him.

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff