Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Questioning my Christianity. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Gregar828
Alright then VK, obviously my post has been misinterpreted. I blame myself and my word choice. Please say something if you still don't understand what I am truly trying to say, or if I am addressing the wrong point.

All I was trying to say with my post was that while we all have friends that we PERCEIVE as mega-Christians, we should not feel less christian about ourselves. By accepting Jesus, being a good person, and being genuinely sorry for when you are not (because it does happen), you are a good christian. So, in actuality, I wasn't really telling her to compare herself to her friends in terms of Christianness (did I just make a new word?), I'm saying that she is a good christian based off her OWN actions.

Besides, I'm fairly certain that a priest, deacon, etc. would probably be a christian. It would be silly to say they aren't.

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Actually, there are people in high positions in the church that are not true Christians. They may be 'Christians', and know a lot about the Bible, but they might not be a true Christian. Just because a person is a priest, do not automatically assume that he is born again. There are churches that are mostly just 'feel good' churches, and who is delivering that 'feel good' message? That Priest/minister/pastor.        

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 pm
Br1ttana
Gregar828
Alright then VK, obviously my post has been misinterpreted. I blame myself and my word choice. Please say something if you still don't understand what I am truly trying to say, or if I am addressing the wrong point.

All I was trying to say with my post was that while we all have friends that we PERCEIVE as mega-Christians, we should not feel less christian about ourselves. By accepting Jesus, being a good person, and being genuinely sorry for when you are not (because it does happen), you are a good christian. So, in actuality, I wasn't really telling her to compare herself to her friends in terms of Christianness (did I just make a new word?), I'm saying that she is a good christian based off her OWN actions.

Besides, I'm fairly certain that a priest, deacon, etc. would probably be a christian. It would be silly to say they aren't.

Actually, there are people in high positions in the church that are not true Christians. They may be 'Christians', and know a lot about the Bible, but they might not be a true Christian. Just because a person is a priest, do not automatically assume that he is born again. There are churches that are mostly just 'feel good' churches, and who is delivering that 'feel good' message? That Priest/minister/pastor.        

Alright, maybe there's the odd exception to the rule, but in general, if you're a clergyman, you're probably a person that God would give the thumbs up to for heaven. Assuming that the majority of them are NOT true Christians is just silly.  

Gregar828

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm
Gregar828
Br1ttana
Gregar828

Alright, maybe there's the odd exception to the rule, but in general, if you're a clergyman, you're probably a person that God would give the thumbs up to for heaven. Assuming that the majority of them are NOT true Christians is just silly.

I don't know the percentages (really no one can except for the Lord who knows our true hearts), but it seems like the 'Christian' leaders in our churches are growing more every day and it's to make people happy which will make them think "This church makes me feel good, I think I'll stay (increasing their much coveted church attendance) and donate to them every week!" It's sad, but it's true, out there, and definitely happening. : (     

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 am
Gregar828

Try Christianity. That's the real word. Also, you're right, you can't compare people to other people. That's wrong.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

thedenomerator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm
You know what? Congratulations! You should feel happy to be a new Christian. The new ones are to be celebrated. Don't worry about being embarrassed. And nobody's perfect. You can answer everything right about the bible and not be a Christian. You can answer everything wrong and have the fundamentals right. Don't compare, don't judge (and don't let anyone else judge you, either), and don't feel bad.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff