Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Praise God ~ praise reports
New Christian Friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lillybabe789

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:36 pm
Today I was talking to a friend of mine in class. She had something written on her arm and I read it and found that it was a bible verse! I wrote it on my hand b/c I was curious to what it said. She saw me do this and then we started to talk about bible verses, our favorite book in the bible, christian music, and etc. It was so nice to be able to talk to someone at school about my religion!
Have any of you ever had an experience like this?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm
Sadly no.
Back in high school everyone and their dog was into Wicca. =/
Or they were Atheist.

However i did find a Mormon girl, she was really nice. =)
And we are still friends to this day.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lillybabe789

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
Sadly no.
Back in high school everyone and their dog was into Wicca. =/
Or they were Atheist.

However i did find a Mormon girl, she was really nice. =)
And we are still friends to this day.

Coolio!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 am
The only experience I had that could be even relatively close to that was when I was in art class in the 7th grade and this one guy at my art table was saying something about God and asked if I had been baptized before and I said I was the previous summer and he's like, "That's cool." and that was about it. He got a tattoo in high school that said, "PUSH" which stood for, "Pray Until Something Happens". I wasn't really friend with him, but we had quite a few classes together. He seemed like a sensitive guy, but then something happened with him and getting caught with drugs, I believe. Hopefully that wasn't what everyone thought it was. I believe he's a good guy that made a bad mistake. He was also a football player, so he did whatever he could to keep good grades...like copy off of other people...so I'm not sure if he was actually a Christian, or if he was a different religion...perhaps a Christian that didn't always make the best choices.

Other than that, I didn't usually see many that believe in God, but I could've had classmates that were Christians and I just didn't know it. Although it sometimes felt like I was the only one. I had my best friend, but we didn't really talk about God and the Bible all that much at school.

Oh yeah, and I remember once that I was sitting in the cafeteria before school started with some friends and there were these guys that were dressed fairly nicely...nicer than the average high school male. One of them stepped on the table and stated what church they went to (I don't remember which one it was), but they were telling the whole cafeteria about their church and how Jesus and God can save them. I was thinking, "Wow, that must take a lot of guts." Then his other friend also introduced himself and they started talking about Jesus. I was listening to them, but the people I was sitting with, as long as a majority of the cafeteria started yelling, "BOOOOO! GET DOWN!" and, "STUPID BIBLE THUMPERS!" and started throwing their milk cartons, and other garbage, but the two teenagers kept on talking, which I thought was awesome. After a few minutes they decided to end it, perhaps before it caused more than a group booing and throwing trash. They just said, "Thank you for your time." and walked away. It kinda hurts even seeing fellow believers be persecuted like that, but I sure hope that perhaps they planted a seed somewhere among the hateful high school students.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Servant Reforged

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm
Well, this didn't happen in high school because I did not know God at the time, but it has happened in college. Two of my cast mates are Christian and there are two who are Catholic. From those, it seems only two are truly dedicated believers.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:47 pm
Back when I was in high school, I was more or less agnostic, but I had a belief in God...I just didn't know if I wanted to believe in Him...if that makes sense. Any ways, I was really good friends with a guy who was LDS and we debated about religion quite a bit. Scripture, revelation, doctrine, etc. were our main focuses. I learned a lot and it actually made my testimony about God stronger.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am
I've not had an experience like that before. I was more or less homeschooled from the time I was 11. And everyone I was around were either those who didn't believe in God or were wanna be wiccans (I only say wanna be because they held none of the values of a wiccan they just said they were)  
Praise God ~ praise reports

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games