I've got good news and bad news, the good news is I think I've come up with rational proof for the soul (I did have faith before that, but I also wanted a rational proof to go along with it). Bad news... I'm having trouble putting it into words, because it's so basic.

As close as I've been able to get it (keep in mind this is still off the bullseye for what I'm trying to say, metaphorically speaking). The proof of the soul is something of a mix between 'point of view', perception, and consciousness. I'd assume on the issue of the soul, an atheist would say there is none, we are all meat based robots. However, if we do not have a soul, they how come we as, as people, perceive? Not in the sense of simply 'I see a tree', in these sense of 'I see a tree'. If you didn't have a soul, then you wouldn't be you technically. Why would you be able to perceive from your point of view if you didn't? Think as you do? As Rene Descarte once said 'I think, therefore I am'. How do you know what your thinking about, how are you in control and not on biological autopilot.

---
Yeah... Look, I know bragging isn't really virtuous, but it's the only way for me to get out a basis for logic for an alternative reason that simple linguistic difficulty. Look, I have a full scholarship to the university I'm in, and I hardly studied in high school.

Though I believe that overt divine intervention is rare, I am not totally willing to throw it out of the question. God might have seen me trying to use faith and logic to come up with a rational explanation. He then might have given me the insight... in a 'for your eyes only' sort of way, and made the knowledge in a way that I would understand it, but not be able to put it into words.