Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I have a problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 pm
Uhg, this will sound weird.
but anyway...

Ok so my mind and thoughts, I cant control them at all.

I have a really really bad mind, and really bad thoughts.

Thoughts like...
just pointless cursing or bad images.

I don't want to be this way.
What do I do to make it stop, I want a clean mind. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:52 pm
What helps me control my thoughts is by thinking of my favourite hymn or favourite Christian song, then singing that over and over again. Or I try thinking of my favourite verses from the scriptures.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Azkeel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm
I used to have that problem when I was an Atheist... As soon as I converted the first thing I prayed for was a clear mind and I was blessed with it. Pray for a clean pure mind like that of our Messiah. And know! He will bless you with it!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm
You are not alone in that. I struggle with that as well. I recognized that I couldn't control it myself, or at least how I wanted to. So I gave it to Jesus and prayed for His help. And He did =)  

WoodSorrelWitch

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 pm
Azkeel
I used to have that problem when I was an Atheist... As soon as I converted the first thing I prayed for was a clear mind and I was blessed with it. Pray for a clean pure mind like that of our Messiah. And know! He will bless you with it!

I've been asking, but I haven't received. And I feel like a failure.
I also now doubt that I'm saved because I haven't received that...
Plus I was told that if you doubt then you weren't saved to begin with.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm
PawzPrint
You are not alone in that. I struggle with that as well. I recognized that I couldn't control it myself, or at least how I wanted to. So I gave it to Jesus and prayed for His help. And He did =)

How long did it take? An did you have to stop doing some things like listening to certain bands or watching certain TV shows?  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:35 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

How long did it take? An did you have to stop doing some things like listening to certain bands or watching certain TV shows?
mmm, I don't really remember how long it took. I gave it to Jesus and kept praying about it so I guess it really wasn't up to me anymore. It didn't take long though. I saw the change.
I stopped watching one TV show but I don't remember when I did that or if it was even in response to the matter.
Though, I don't watch any TV at all now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 pm
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

mmm, I don't really remember how long it took. I gave it to Jesus and kept praying about it so I guess it really wasn't up to me anymore. It didn't take long though. I saw the change.
I stopped watching one TV show but I don't remember when I did that or if it was even in response to the matter.

i rarely watch TV as well, although I am guilty of watching TLC or Lifetime XD
I mainly watch little kid movies.
I think I'm going to quit listening to ICP and other bad bands... I should delete their music videos off of my Youtube tonight...
Am I still saved though? Or was I to begin with?  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:27 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

I think I'm going to quit listening to ICP and other bad bands... I should delete their music videos off of my Youtube tonight...
Have you confessed with your mouth that Jesus is Lord? And do you believe He was crucified and was resurrected to save you? If yes, then you are saved. Jesus knows we are not perfect. We are not worthy of salvation; that is why it is a gift.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 pm
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

Have you confessed with your mouth that Jesus is Lord? And do you believe He was crucified and was resurrected to save you? If yes, then you are saved. Jesus knows we are not perfect. We are not worthy of salvation; that is why it is a gift.

I think I have, I'm not for sure how I worded it.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

I don't think God is going to ding you on a technicality....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

I don't think that I am saved because I don't remember. If you are saved you remember. But I believe everything, I believe that he exists, I believe that the virgin Mary was his mother, and I believe that he died for our sins.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

I don't think that I am saved because I don't remember. If you are saved you remember. But I believe everything, I believe that he exists, I believe that the virgin Mary was his mother, and I believe that he died for our sins.
Then if you are not sure, say it again and ask Jesus to help you to remember that you are saved and that you belong to Him.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 pm
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint
Testicular Diabeetus
PawzPrint

Then if you are not sure, say it again and ask Jesus to help you to remember that you are saved and that you belong to Him.

I will ^.^  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 am
Testicular Diabeetus
Azkeel

I've been asking, but I haven't received. And I feel like a failure.
I also now doubt that I'm saved because I haven't received that...
Plus I was told that if you doubt then you weren't saved to begin with.
Well go fast, repent, and pray.

Listen to nothing but our Father of Heavens Words. If someone gives you "Advice" look into scripture to see if it matches up. People have tongues like vipers spewing venom forth instead of giving words of love and healing.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games