Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
): what if the devil is deceiving us all?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ants In Your Pants

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:52 am
The bible says that everyone is decived
well i got to thinking what if gods bible had stuff added in it by the devil
because i read someone the cross used to be a pagon symbal D:  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:10 am
Can you cite the passage in the bible where it says we are all deceived?
I highly doubt that the devil has added things to the bible.
And yes the cross has been used as a pagan symbol, but symbols are just that, symbols. They only have meanings when man gives them one. The cross isnt the important part of Christianity any ways. Christ is and what He did for us.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:54 am
If that was so, he would have taken that out so that people would not wonder and therefore be deceived even more.

Also, even though the devil is the devil he still needs to answer to God. He can not do something without the lord's knowledge or approval in such matters. (Check Job 2:1-7)

This is not some ordinary book, this is the Lord's word we're talking about. His word which he gave us to give us guidance, wisdom, and knowledge through this life. He wouldn't let that be changed. Why? Because it's his word. Do you let people just simply change your words around? (Ex: You="I want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich." Friend:"She says that she wants a tuna sandwich.") Or Add to your words? (Ex: "She says that she wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some beef chowder.")

Also, Mathew 5:18. "For yerily I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Said by Jesus in the beatitudes. And, Revelation 22:18-19. "18For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away form the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

As for symbols. There are a lot of symbols in this world, some coming from before Jesus was born. However, people from every religion, every walk of life through out the ages have looked at these symbols and made them as their own. It's been done to the holidays too. While the cross may be a symbol of remembrance of Jesus dying for us, it may be something else for a pagan. No one symbol means one thing and one thing only.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 am
Br1ttana
If that was so, he would have taken that out so that people would not wonder and therefore be deceived even more.

Also, even though the devil is the devil he still needs to answer to God. He can not do something without the lord's knowledge or approval in such matters. (Check Job 2:1-7)

This is not some ordinary book, this is the Lord's word we're talking about. His word which he gave us to give us guidance, wisdom, and knowledge through this life. He wouldn't let that be changed. Why? Because it's his word. Do you let people just simply change your words around? (Ex: You="I want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich." Friend:"She says that she wants a tuna sandwich.") Or Add to your words? (Ex: "She says that she wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some beef chowder.")

Also, Mathew 5:18. "For yerily I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Said by Jesus in the beatitudes. And, Revelation 22:18-19. "18For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away form the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

As for symbols. There are a lot of symbols in this world, some coming from before Jesus was born. However, people from every religion, every walk of life through out the ages have looked at these symbols and made them as their own. It's been done to the holidays too. While the cross may be a symbol of remembrance of Jesus dying for us, it may be something else for a pagan. No one symbol means one thing and one thing only.

and another thing scares me why does it say when HEAVEN and earth pass away :< whats going to happen to heaven/us/jesus  

Ants In Your Pants

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:54 am
Ants In Your Pants
Br1ttana

and another thing scares me why does it say when HEAVEN and earth pass away :< whats going to happen to heaven/us/jesus

Since heaven is not capitalized in that verse, I think that it means Heaven in terms of the sky and outer space. Either way it isn't anything you have to be afraid about. It's something to be happy about. ^^ For there will be a new Heaven and a new earth. ^^

1. Rapture: Jesus comes back to earth shortly to call all of us saved in his name, up to Heaven.

2. 7 yr Tribulation.

2A. 3 1/2 yrs of 'peace', being made by the antichrist. Of course, most people will be deceived by him and not realize what he really is. Second 3 1/2 yrs are of what those would call "The end of the world" or the main part of the Tribulation. Those who have come to know Christ during the 3 1/2 yrs will either survive some how or be murdered by the antichrist and his army. Those who have still refused to acknowledge Christ but turn to the devil and his antichrist will receive the "Mark of the beast." All those to be murdered can be easily identified by their not having the mark.

3. Jesus will come back to throw the antichrist and beast into the Lake of Fire. Then satan will be bound up in hell for 1,000 years. The Lord and Jesus will leave down here on earth with all of us. All those in Heaven who have gone before, will come down with Them. This would be including of those taken up in the rapture. There will be true peace, unlike what was proclaimed as 'peace' during the antichrist's reign.

4. End of 1,000 years. Satan comes back to one last time to deceive and find an army to go against the Lord. We all prepare for battle, but really all that need to be said is one word from our Lord and it is finished. Then satan is and hell is thrown into the lake of fire; forever destroyed.

5. The Lord makes the new Heaven and new earth, more particularly, the New Jerusalem as it shall be called/is sometimes called.

6. Peace, happiness, love, safety, perfect health, every thing good from the Lord lives on forever and ever. : D ^^

If you want to know more, the other important details; read Revelation. : )

(Also, don't quote me on this. I could be off on a few things. It's been a a while since I've really dived into this topic and I forget things easily. ><)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:44 am
Ants In Your Pants

It depends on what Bible you are using
Bible Comparison
No Liars In Heaven  

Robotic Chewie19

Robotic Chewie19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 am
Ants In Your Pants
Br1ttana

Revelations 21  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm
Ants In Your Pants

All scripture is breathed out by god and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness so that the man of God man be competent and equip for ever good work.
2 Timothy 3:16

It comes down to what the bible say about itself and how much faith you have
in God. Satan is the ruler of this world (Ephesians 2:2), and he does deceive
us, but God also promises us that scripture is his words to us. To say that
Satan has the power to distort the word that God gave us us you are saying
that Satan has more power than God and the power to challenge, AND BEAT
God. It was written by the hand of humans but the author is God, his power is
absolute, the word of God is the one thing we can hold onto, because it is
from God too us. If he promises us it's from him and that all of it is truth,
that's good enough for me.

_0pal-Heart-

Sparkly Genius