Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Bump thread help? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talesian

Virtuous Muse

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 pm
Is there anyone who could clue me in on how to make a bump thread and link it to my tank? I'm trying to find a couple of places to post it in the aquarium forum also. I've got 10 fish and am getting only one or 2 hits a day from the random posting I'm doing around Gaia. It's a mixed tank though and not the "Professional" level of a lot of the tanks you normally see so I thought I might have to just make my own thread for each glow. Is that the best way to go?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm
In my experience... I own 6 tanks razz It is best to have it linked in your sig for sure smile

What you would do is create a thread in the aquariums area (where the glow threads are). And fill the first page (15 posts) with your own posts, delete all but one. Quote that one and set your url for the bump in your sig to the reply box, so whatever the url of the quote is BEFORE you submit it. That way, if you have notifications on to see when you are quoted, you will get a notification of when someone bumps it for you.

My Bump in my sig looks like this :

[size=18][b]Please [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/71780655/]BUMP[/url] if I GLOW![/b][/size]

I hope that helped smile

ALSO, fill your tank! 17 fish, even if they are cheaper ones, will for sure gain you more players smile I will send you a couple to start you out.  

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

Talesian

Virtuous Muse

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 am
Thank you so much! I think I can follow all that... if not I can I PM you for help? And thank you soooo much for the donation of fish!! I can't wait!! heart biggrin

Hmmm...I did the trade and thought it went through but when I checked my aquarium, the mini-monsters weren't there. Did they leave your inventory? It didn't stop or anything to tell me there was a glitch... What do we do now?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 am
Talesian
Thank you so much! I think I can follow all that... if not I can I PM you for help? And thank you soooo much for the donation of fish!! I can't wait!! heart biggrin

Hmmm...I did the trade and thought it went through but when I checked my aquarium, the mini-monsters weren't there. Did they leave your inventory? It didn't stop or anything to tell me there was a glitch... What do we do now?

LOL I just completed my side now smile It is all ok. And yep feel free to pm me if you have any troubles. I am not the best at explaining things razz  

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 am
Talesian

I think this is what should be in your sig so people can just click it! Rather than copy/pasting an url! Sorry it took me so long to come check on it!

Please BUMP!!! if I GLOW!

[size=18][color=darkcyan]Please [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/72461081/?quote=1]BUMP!!![/url] if I GLOW![/color][/size]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 pm
GillaGrrl
Talesian

I think this is what should be in your sig so people can just click it! Rather than copy/pasting an url! Sorry it took me so long to come check on it!

Please BUMP!!! if I GLOW!

[size=18][color=darkcyan]Please [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/72461081/?quote=1]BUMP!!![/url] if I GLOW![/color][/size]

Thank you! Thank you! That worked beautifully! It also helped me see what I was doing wrong by the way! Thank again for taking the time to help me out!  

Talesian

Virtuous Muse

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items