I support Lulzsec
View Results

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 pm
As most of you know the past year has seen a battle between Anon Ops (Anonymous) and many large scale organizations including Sony and the Spanish Government. Anon Ops attacked Sony as part of an operation in retaliation for a cracker/hacker named Geohost being sued by Sony for posting the Rootkey of the Ps3 online making the Ps3 an open ground for anyone. Their first two attacks on Sony were resounding failure creating minor connection issues to the Sony websites and embarrassing themselves with a failed real life protest. Their third attack was allegedly only a DDoS on the PSN network, but after Sony detected an intrusion into their mainframe they shut down the Playstation Network (PSN) for nearly a month. When alleged Anon members were arrested in Spain Anon shot back and attacked Spanish government websites again in retaliation.

Lulzsec is a group in the style of Anonops, but with much less in the way of justifcation. They allegedly attack simple for 'teh lulz' and have hit Sony, Nintendo, and Bethesda among other high profile targets. They also attacked websites like the escapist because of the 'cry babies there. Anonops refereed to Lulzsec as bros, and recently joined forces with them to create Antisec.
TLDR; Antisec is a group of people who attack websites for their own reasons and have made a splash. On the Internet with their disregard for restraint and success.

I am of the opinion that this group of people are qualified to call themselves Internet terrorists. I do not believe they are activist fighting for the people, nor interested in protecting anyone but themselves. I wish them nothing but prosecution under the full extent of the law, but what does the ATG think about the "Internet hate machine"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm
I wish those who hack would just do it only to show the companies/peeps the security issues/weaknesses they might have instead of stealing all kinds of information from innocent people.

Then I'd love them. They'd just hack, and say, "Look at this spot, beef it up." then go out and poke someone else.

That'd be nice. But so many jerky things going on that seem to just be causing trouble for both consumers and the companies.

: (  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas