Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 183 184 185 186

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:42 pm
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

June 2062

Why are you going away, Rey?” asked Holly. The little girl with long dark brown hair was watching as the girl she’d gotten to thinking of as her older sister was loading things into an old-fashioned steamer trunk. Rey glanced down at the seven-year-old, pausing in her task long enough to give her a side-hug. She saw no harm in telling her the truth, not when the Obliviators would soon arrive, and erase all trace of her short presence in this household. “Because I don’t belong here, Holly. I was never supposed to be here.”

The younger girl frowned in puzzlement as she tried to work out in her mind what was told to her. “So where are you supposed to be, Rey?” she asked, as she started handing clothes to her sister. Rey shrugged, and answered soberly, “Don’t know, don’t know if really matters. I do know I’m going someplace called ‘Hogwarts’, wherever that is, where I’m told I’m going to learn how to be a witch” Her tone revealed how she really didn’t buy into the whole thing. ‘Except it explains a lot of the things which have happened of late.’

A witch? You mean like Glenda and the one with the icky green face?” asked Holly brightly. It wasn’t long ago she’d read ‘the Wizard of Oz’. Rey drew a deep breath, and she answered, as she pulled things from drawers and loaded them into the school trunk, “Sure, Holly, why not?” The younger girl nodded along enthusiastically, and said, “Ooooh, well that sounds cool. My sister, the witch. So, are you going to be a good one or a bad one?” Rey clutched a box containing a priceless, to her, heirloom, all she had of her original life, to her small chest, and replied, “I’ll settle for being a competent one; the particulars can wait, and added to herself, ‘I may not have had a house land on me, but I had one burn down around my ears.’

Summer break had started so well for Rey, she’d already seen her friend Finn, who’d come home from some boarding school on the far side of the Irish Sea. She found out he was performing at one of the concerts during the big Arts and Music Festival that apparently was the event of the year in Waterford. Rey wanted to go, but she knew there was no way her foster mom could afford tickets for all the kids, so she didn’t bother to ask. He surprised her the next day with a concert shirt featuring the band he was in, and an expensive looking artbook. Both of which were carefully loaded into the trunk. Today there was a knock at the door, and now…now, nothing would be the same.

At first, Rey thought nothing of it, although it was odd that somebody would be at the door at that time of day, and it was her foster grandmother who answered. They, meaning she and Holly, her older foster brothers, Zac and Ben, and their mother, were living with her since their foster dad was murdered practically in front of Rey at the grocery store last year. A lady named Nora Heulwen came calling, and wanted to speak to her. Rey had no idea of who she was or why she was interested in her; the school year was over, and she didn’t cause any trouble and done nothing out of the ordinary to draw any unusual attention.

She was there to present her a letter, an invitation to the same boarding school Finn attended. Grandma Kinkade told the lady there was no way the family could afford some fancy school, but it was explained that the matter was already taken care of. It was also explained Rey was a young witch who was just coming into her magical potential, and it needed to be kept under control and honed, and Hogwarts was the place to do just that. When Rey called the idea of her being a witch and having magic, the question was put to her: ‘have you had anything happen to you, when you were mad or scared, something you couldn’t explain?’ Rey closed her eyes, nodded, and felt the burning tears come.

It was Saturday morning, a cool clear day, and Rey went with her father to pick up some scones for breakfast and medicine for Mom. That time of day there was already a queue to see the druggist, and Dad suggested Rey go look at the books an aisle over, so she wouldn’t be standing there bugging him to let her fiddle about with his phone. Not long after she got there, and was paging through a magazine about tours of castles in Romania, when she heard a loud sound. A moment later, she was hearing screams and there were people scurrying frantically about, and Rey called out, “Dad? Dad?

The ten-year-old girl ran towards the druggist’s window, hoping to find her foster father, and she saw sprawled on the floor, smoke rising ominously from his body. Screaming, “Dad!” Rey ran to him and skidded to a stop on her knees beside him. It was only then she became aware of a man looming a few feet away, a recently discharged pistol in his fist. She looked up at him, and shouted, “You shot my dad! What did he do to you?” The man, now aware of her snarled, the maw of the weapon shifting in her direction. “Stuff it, you little brat!

Deaf to common sense or self-preservation, Rey screamed, “Or what? You’re going to shoot me too? Do it, you flaming coward! Do it!” It was then he stared down at her, abject horror writ large upon his face, the gun slipping from his grasp to rattle upon the polished industrial tile floor. Rey screamed, “Devil take you! Devil take your soul, you fething coward!” With legs shaking, the man fled from the angry girl and her fallen father, all thought of his ill-advised errand lost. He blundered straight into the arms of the arriving first responders.

Rey cradled her foster father’s head and shoulders in her lap and the crook of her arm, and she shook him gently. “Dad? Dad, please say something,” she begged him desperately. “ Please don’t leave me.” Cameron Kinkade’s eyes fluttered open, and he breathed Rey’s name as he feebly brushed his fingers upon her long curly red hair, before falling back. As she watched the life fade from his eyes, Rey cried, “Dad, please, please don’t do this. Don’t leave me, too.”

She read later the men who killed her father never made it to his arraignment the next morning; he was found dead by one of the sheriff’s deputies, though the news article didn’t provide further details. So far as the world was concerned, the books were closed on another tragedy. But now, Rey was confronted with the problem of staying or leaving, knowing there was the possibility of more things coming up, events that might endanger those who were kind enough to take her in. As she saw it, by leaving, she was easing the family’s financial situation, one less kid to look after. She was assured she could take Rosie, her cat who resembled a miniature bobcat, with her, which made her decision much easier. ‘I don’t belong here,” she told herself, and before Grandma Kinkade could say anything, Rey sighed and said solemnly, “It’s all right, I understand. I’ll go pack.”

When am I going to see you again, Rey?” asked Holly anxiously, as she and her sister continued to load the trunk. “We’re going to play on the beach again, right? I’ll see you at Christmas.” Rey gave the smaller girl’s shoulder a gentle caress, and told her, “I don’t think that’s going to be possible, Holly. Not the way the cards were dealt, but that’s okay. You won’t be missing me for very long, the men in the black coats will see to that.” Holly asked nervously, “Who are they?” Rey drew another deep breath, and told her, “They steal the truth and replace them with lies, diminish lives by taking memories. I know this, because they came for me last spring. They failed in their theft, because I see them and what they tried to take in my dreams. Perhaps you might see me again there.”

The Present, September 1st, 2062

Rey was on the platform staring at the gleaming red Hogwarts Express and the passenger cars attached behind it. Nora made sure she got here today, by having her meet up with Finn and his family in Waterford and they all travelled together via something called a ‘Floo. They arrived at the train station in a flash of smoke and sparks, and Rey was impressed this was accomplished with her none the worse for it.

For day’s outing, Rey was dressed simply, wearing a longish gray skirt and knee socks, dark brown leather loafers, paired with a long dress shirt and a navy-blue jacket with the school crest on the breast pocket. ‘I don’t belong here either,’ she thought, taking in the sight of all of the other students who were laughing and greeting each other, while they bid farewell to their families. ‘But I’m out of other options, so I need to make the best of this.’

The girl with the long curly red hair was a bit overwhelmed as looked around at all the other students and their families as they prepared to depart from school. She cuddled Rosie as she wandered about the platform, hoping to catch sight of a familiar face. Somehow, she managed to lose track of Finn and the rest of the Grey Family, and now she was confronted with a dizzying profusion of people in black robes. “Finn? Finn!”

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 7:44 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Currently Racheal Ross-Kinkade, but family is nearby
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Departure Day!
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This poor dear needs a good family

Over the summer, Nora had had lots of busy days. From helping Declan and Sebastian with their annual shopping trip to tagging along on her grandson and his cousin's big shop as well, she had a lot of work to do. Though there was one of her new students that really tugged at her heartstrings. Racheal Ross-Kinkade had really been through the wringer as a kid. She'd lost her parents, then her adopted parents as well. On top of that, she had been present when her foster father had been fatally wounded. Bless her sweet heart. Nora had gone to their home to explain magic, and the whole thing seemed a worried mess. Bless her poor heart.

It was about then that Nora knew more chaos was happening to this poor kid. Her foster family agreed to keep her through the rest of the summer, but it seemed they wouldn't continue after that. But Nora kept up a smile for the girl as they shopped, happily explaining everything she might need to know about Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and magic in general. Dropping her back off at home was hard, but the girl seemed brave about everything going on. From there, Nora went back to her office to file some very difficult to file paperwork.

The day of the train departure, Nora was pleased to see that indeed the Grey family had brought Racheal onto the platform. They were such a lovely family who had come to the rescue of wayward children more than once. However, as Nora was standing with her family, her green eyes noticed that Rey seemed a bit lost. Nora spoke with her daughter, then kissed her grandson before hurrying off. As she was nearing the redhead, she could hear her pleadingly calling her friend's name. "Racheal, dear, don't worry. We'll get you safe. Did you just get shuffled about in the fray?"

Nora carefully tidied the girl's lovely curls, hoping to provide an emotional anchor of sorts. "Don't you worry, my dear, you're not going to be alone at all and I'm sure you will make so many lovely friends. And, unless Finn and his wonderful family claim you this winter, I would love you to come home and stay with me those two weeks. You deserve a proper holiday with a family that will love having you along. If you would rather stay with the Greys or perhaps another friend you should make, that is fine too. I can send you letters throughout the year, because I know how scary it can be to not have too many connections in school."

She glanced around, spotting the wayward family. "How about we walk together to drop off your trunk here, then we'll get you back over with the Greys. Otherwise, you can join my crazy family for a few minutes before the train departs. I've got my grandson and his cousin heading in and I can promise they'd love to have another friend. Especially one just as wonderful as you." Nora offered a smile, holding out a hand to make sure Rey would have someone to hold onto. The platform was chaotic as always, with people coming and going, lots of big families, and just general pre-school jitters all around. But Nora was determined to make sure this girl was well taken care of. She noticed Sebastian and Declan chattering happily, accompanied by Kinzlie Moon, who Nora would be bringing to the Heulwen home after all the students had left. Kinzlie was another that had been taken under Nora's wing, having been abandoned by such a terrible family.

Nora was a collector, her daughter always said, of broken hearts and wayward souls. From her own adoptions to her career with the Governors, Nora seemed to always find those that could need a bit of family. But she didn't mind. All her own kids were out of the house, so she had the room to bring in more that could use a place to be. Heck, she even Max and Phee's old rooms set up as guest rooms in case she needed to make a home for people. If anyone needed a home, it was Nora's delight to give them a place to be loved.

{{Wearing :: Florals
Graydon Ironshield

I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:28 pm
User Image
Luna Tamara Lovette
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ravenclaw Third Year
Pureblood Thirteen Year Old

User Image
                                                  Company : Naomi and the fam (Avian, Grace & Auron)

The Lovette family made their way onto the platform for the first day of school. The younger girl trailing behind her sister who was leading the charge so to speak. This location and the Hogwarts express were familiar from previous years. Luna was a veteran as far as Naomi was concerned. Grey eyes looked at her sister curious what she was thinking. Normally they drop her off and that would be that. This year however she’d be boarding the train too. Luna seemed unaware of her sister’s gaze. She was too excited to be heading back.

“Got everything?” Their Grace asked them, gaining both girls’ attention. “Yes mum,” Luna replied along with Naomi’s small nod. “You two stick together already.” Told them fluffing Naomi’s hair. “Don’t worry, we got each other, right Ni?” Luna said looking to her younger sister. “Right.” Naomi answered with a quick nod. They had this, nothing to worry about.

Feeling a tug on her sleeve, Naomi looked over to see her brother. “Take care of Bead okay.” He told her. Turning her attention to the tiny lizard sitting with her stuff, she smiled. “Course, so long as you look after Pierre.” She stated putting her hand on his shoulder. He nodded before sticking himself back to their father’s side. Their brother Auron had told Naomi she could take his tiny lizard Bead to school with her so she wouldn’t be lonely. Her Raven Pierre couldn’t come to school with her due to ‘rules’ so she took him up on it.

“We should get going,” Luna spoke up. Saying goodbye to their parents and brother they headed off toward the train. Naomi stayed close to Luna like she promised their mother unsure what the plan from here was. “Don’t worry Naomi, we’ll get a seat on the train together and we’ll get there in no time.” She assured her sister. “You’d know I suppose.” Naomi answered keeping Bead close. “I am the expert out of the two of us.” She commented back with her hands on her hips. “Don’t need to rub it in.” Both girls shook their heads. Perhaps they’d run into somebody.

OOC : Naomi & Luna open for interaction

Creative, smart, and quite a curiosity on you, eh?
                                                  You are your parents' child
                                                  and their home will be yours too!
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 3:57 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

So far as Linsey was concerned her seventh and last go-around at Hogwarts started nearly as soon as the previous term ended. When she received her letter letting her know she’d been selected to be Head Girl for her last year was something of a bit of wish fulfillment for her. She admired the way Aria and Milan worked as a team to make things happen during their run, and she’d taken notes last year while working with Cass, hoping to carry forward their example.

Along with sending out letters asking for ideas for a club carnival, she also sent out letters to both Professor Clarke and Headmaster Steele, asking that Serghei’s status as Prefect at Durmstrang carry over as well as his class credits, citing the benefits of having an extra Prefect. She also sent Nora a courtesy letter explaining herself and the reasons for her petition. Whether she achieved anything or than maybe annoying her teachers remained to be seen, but, if nothing else it served them notice she was to be a Head Girl who planned to get things done.

Linsey drew her plans together for her clubs, as she’d learned once the school year started, time would go quickly and NEWTs would be upon her before she knew it. ‘Wasn’t it like last year when Aunt Lynn first took me to the station, after taking me away from seeing Freya’s birth?’ she thought, needing only to glance over at the other grouping of Greys to know the answer. Freya had the same fire engine red hair as her mother and her brother, Finn, and at seven years old she was definitely not a baby; indeed, she was about as tall as Ella at this point.

For the start of her last trip to Hogwarts, Linsey was dressed rather conservatively, wearing a long wool skirt in a muted Ravenclaw tartan with a brass skirt pin and sensible walking shoes. This she paired up with one of her cream-coloured dress blouses with full, puffed sleeves and her House tie, along with an item she designed for Milan’s fall and winter collection. She used his iconic corset-style vest and crossed it with a soft fuzzy sweater to create a corset-vest that didn’t look like one, and was made to be a cute variation on the theme. Her vest was a saturated cobalt blue, because she felt the need to have that punch of colour, and her Head Girl badge was attached to it with rare earth magnets. Over top of a navy-blue school jacket with the Hogwarts crest and her Prefect’s badge upon the breast pocket. Her long snowy-white was pulled back into a ridiculously long and bushy ponytail and tied with blue and bronze tartan ribbons.

Linsey had her bag over her shoulder holding stuff she planned to keep with her for the train ride, a pillow and blanket that was more likely to be used by Ella than she, as well as a spare pair of noise-cancelling headphones for her younger sister, and her ‘Prefect kit’, something she encouraged all the other prefects to assemble as best they could, and treats for her massive sidekick who padded along happily at her side, tethered to her by a reel attached to a belt around her waist.

You lot are going to a magic school, not a music conservatory, right?” she heard her dad ask, half-kiddingly. Linsey answered back, saying lightly, “Aye, that we are. I only brought my practice guitar, not the Gibson I got in the States. Not like Finn, who’s taking along three guitars and his fiddle.” It was then the red-haired incoming Second Year Gryffindor piped up with, “Tis, only the two, Linz. Dad willnae let me bring along the electric.”

Linsey chuckled, and commented, “The Mad Rabbits will muddle along without it, then.” Over the marathon sprint between Christmas and finals, Finn was teaching her how to play acoustic guitar, which she started playing during their little jam sessions with Ella in the Music Room. It was at the Art and Music Festival where the family really got to hear how much she’d progressed in her study of the instrument, and one of her performances wound up on the Causeway Hares ‘Live at Waterford’ concert album. Some of the second-generation kids who would show up for occasional gigs formed up an informal line-up dubbed ‘Mad Rabbits’ by their elders. Before the end of summer, Linsey created the art for the logo that everyone involved got a big kick out of.

Finn was walking along with Aunt Fi and Uncle Loch, with Freya practically skipping along beside them. The two-family grouping had a fairly sizable amount of luggage, with school trunks for three students, cases for musical instruments and broomsticks for Quidditch. Linsey also had what amounted to a portable library of additional books and notebooks, and other heavy-duty box loaded with additional supplies and materials for Art and Culinary Club. Finn wanted a dog of his own, but there was a simple matter of logistics and transporting a second wolfhound was just too prohibitive. Adding in Rey, with her trunk and the cat she hung onto like Linus would his security blanket, and…

Finn, aren’t you forgetting something?” asked Linsey. Finn gave her a frown, his brow furrowed as he struggled to come up with an answer, and after a beat, Linsey helped him out by saying gently, “Rey? Where’s Rey? She was walking with you.” At this, the young man was suddenly looking around frantically, and realized his friend was lost in the swirling mass of returning students and well-wishers. Being only about Ella-height it was all too easy for the little incoming First Year with long curly red hair to be swept away in the crush of humanity on the platform. Choosing a direction, Finn immediately rushed off, calling out, “Rey? Rey!”, and he too was quickly lost to sight. Holding out her arm for Ella to take, Linsey shook her head, sighed and asked rhetorically, “At what point did I become den mother to this lot?”

Hannah chuckled, and she said to her elder daughter, “You’re handling it better than your Aunt Lynn did, dear. Truth be told, she resented getting saddled with us while she was trying to get through her OWLs and NEWTs, and, admittedly, we didn’t make it easy on her, since she basically hand-carried me through OWLs. We banged heads frequently, had some dandy rows down in the tunnels on patrols; we treated Lynn pretty shabbily, and she didn’t deserve it. Pretty sure your Aunt Fi and I were partially—scratch that, fully responsible for a couple of her stays in Hospital Wing for exhaustion, and I’m not joking. There’s good reasons why Aunt Lynn didn’t come home very often once she got on at Gringotts, and it took a lot of years to fix things between us afterwards. Sounds to me the three of you have more fun with each other than we ever did at school, and that’s good.”

Thoughtfully looking in the direction Finn went off in search of his friend from school, Hannah shook her head, as she could still hear him calling for Rey. “Oh, dear. I will take it as a personal favour were you to include Rey in your little circle. She’s had a hard enough journey, and she’s going to be feeling lost enough in that school, more so than many First Years, I reckon.” Linsey shook her head and looked down at Ella, and gave her hand a soft squeeze, as she said softly, “I can’t believe the Kincaids did that to the poor thing, jus’ givin’ her up like thot.”

Spotting Linsey’s small gesture of affection and assurance towards Ella, Hannah shook her head, and she told her elder daughter, “This isn’t like what happened with Ella and the Antonovs, Uain Bheag, so please don’t think of it like that. Callie’s taken three jobs to make ends meet, and Saoirse hasn’t been right ever since Cameron was murdered. Don’t care to think what it would be like to bury a child, it’s not the way it’s supposed to work: I’d die inside if something happened to either of you. They’re scared and a little bit desperate; somebody gave them an out, so they took it. Might not have been the choice I would have made, but its not for us to judge. Doesn’t matter now, the Obliviators are doing their work, if they haven’t already. Before long, so far as most folk around here are concerned, there never was a Rey."

Looking at both of her daughters, Hannah said to them in a gentle tone, “Take care of each other, I mean it. Don’t do anything which might tear the two of you from each other; day may come when each other’s all you have. Okay, all that aside, keep up with your studies, which I know you both will do, be sure to have fun down in Hogsmeade. Which reminds me, Ella, there’s a pouch of Galleons in your trunk from your Aunt Lynn. Lord alone knows how much she put in it, but the bag’s got some heft to it, and that’s so you have walking around money to use on your Hogsmeade weekends. Linsey, take time to look around and savour things; this is your last year at school, you will regret it if all you do is stay busy, and these wonderful years will never come back for you.”

Having returned from handing off the baggage carts off to be loaded aboard the train, Conall chuckled, and he said half-kiddingly, “Through talkin’ their ears off, are ye, Luv? How aboot I handle the rest from ‘ere. Lasses, we love the both of you, more than either o’ us can tell ye, an’ as proud as can be te boot. As was usual, yer Mum covered all the important stuff. Linsey, its already too late te ask ye not to have grown up so quick, so I’ll ask ye not te be in such a hurry to finish the job. Thot, an win a Cup fer wise ol’ Ravenclaw, would you?”

Linsey laughed aloud, and she said, “We came so close last year, Dad. I think we have the winning formula this year. Getting the Cup one last time is about the only thing left on my list to cross off; well, that an’ acing all my NEWTs, an’ getting Ella trained up for next year.” Conall laughed, and replied, “Aye, now thot be m’girl.” He gave his eldest daughter a bear hug, nearly lifting her from her feet, and kissed her gently on her forehead as he set her back onto the platform. Linsey laughed softly as he reluctantly let her go. She went over and kissed and hugged Mom, and as she did, she caught sight of Serghei in the corner of her eye.

Looking at him properly, she instantly knew something was wrong in the way he was holding himself as he leaned against one of the support columns. “Serghei?” she said, not with the warmth she would have liked, but with alarm in her tone. Without a second thought, she passed the leash for Blannat off to Ella, and rushed over to where Serghei was. “Oh, my God, Serghei! What happened to you? Who did this to you?” She looked him over, and saw how bruised up he was, and she said, concern clearly writ upon her face and evident in her tone, “Let me get you on the train, so I can get a better look at you, and I can do my work” She positioned herself so could help him walk if it came to it.

The Seventh Year looked over at her mother, and gave her an anguished look, and Hannah told her, “Honey, go, go; do what you need to do. We’ll see you at Christmas.”

Hannah waited until she was sure Linsey wasn’t paying attention to her, she closed her hand about Ella’s and gave it a gentle squeeze. “One last bit of advice from me, Ella. Linsey loves you, more dearly than I think she could ever put in words, and she was proud to hear you stick up for yourself with your brother. She also makes plans than I did when I was her age. Right now, she wants for you to take over the Culinary Club after she graduates, just as she’d like to see you make Prefect, and maybe even Head Girl. She wants for you to have all the oppourtunities she’s had to do things. All we, you know, Mom and Dad, want from both of you is to be happy and healthy, and to do well in your classes, that’s it. All the other stuff is gravy. If you don’t think you can handle all that gravy, or you just don’t want it, you need to let her know that. Just make sure you give her enough lead-time to find somebody else. Don’t worry, she won’t love you any less, and she won’t be mad, and she will respect your choice, because it is your choice. Now, we’ll come get all of you for Christmas, or Lynn will show up and take you all shopping somewhere cool.”

With that, Hannah gave her younger child a warm hug, and a kiss, as she tried not to tear up. In his turn, Conall gave her a bear hug, and a kiss on the forehead. “Not so sure I want to give you up to that school either, but I suppose its too late fer that. Have fun, Uain Ella, an’ be sure to be you.”

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom & Dad, Linsey, Serghei, and Blannat
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Saying goodbyes
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why'd she hand me the lead?

It had been an absolutely wild summer. Music festivals, fashion shows, and a million other things were on their schedules, though she also a big ol' huge one in the middle. Serghei. He was not only back in her life, but he actually wanted to be there... with her. He didn't want to hit her, yell at her, or even throw her out a top floor window... but he wanted to make a genuine effort to actually be something of a brother to her. It was all very confusing, but if Linsey could see the good in him, maybe it was worth a try.

As they got to the platform with about triple their normal luggage, dad teased the others about bringing too many instruments. "If I could fit the piano in my luggage, I would have!" Ella added her soft voice to the fray, a smile on her face as she laughed along with the others. She had hoped perhaps her cousin could work to teach her the violin, even if she'd already been learning through books borrowed. It would be a small measure of connection, if naught else. Over the summer, she'd hesitantly played for her family, glad that everyone seemed to like it. It was something to be admired, she figured. The adults could all do it, and maybe someday she'd be brave enough to join them in more public settings.

While they were sorting out their take-alongs (of which Ella had the least amount), Linsey noticed something missing. And it was then Ella realized it wasn't a something but a someone. Rey, the girl they'd brought along with them was missing. Her story was one that resonated way too strongly with Ella, one that made the brunette's heart hurt. Her family too had given her up, though it was for entirely different reasons, but it made Ella want to try to take care of Rey the same way Linsey had taken care of her as a first year (and both years thereafter, of course). It was Linsey's question that made Ella giggle a bit, however, the smaller girl responding with a bit of sass. "About when was Finn born?"

Her words were quickly added to by their mom, explaining how the caretaking had put a big strain on hers and Aunt Lynn's relationship, which was far from what Ella wanted to happen. The brunette gently squeezed her sister's hand, in some small way trying to send thanks for the care she'd always offered. When mom asked for them to include Rey, Ella nodded, speaking with a bit of firmness to her tone. "There's always room at family dinners, mom." She nodded, then looked at Linsey when she said she couldn't believe Rey's family had simply given her up. The Hufflepuff sent over a frown, about to ask if she'd remembered exactly what caused Ella to become a Grey, but mom spoke up first.

Brown eyes swiveled over to look at Hannah as she explained the difference between Rey and Ella's familial situations. And it was true. From what Ella knew, Rey's family tried to be close, but multiple tragedies drove in a wedge. And they had to get Obliviators on the job, whereas apparently the Antonovs celebrated a supposed death. Though Ella's sad thoughts were halted by Hannah speaking up once more. This time she told them to remain close, which Ella figured wouldn't be too difficult to do. She rather loved her big sister, after all. But then mom said that she had a pouch of money in her trunk from their aunt for Hogsmeade weekends. "Sh-she didn't have to do that. I'd be perfectly content just going to look about..." The Greys did so much for her, always making sure she was included and incredibly well taken care of.

And that's when dad walked back over, having put up their trunks. He teased mom, earning a small grin from the small girl. He and Linsey spoke about quidditch, which Ella wasn't sure much about (though she did try to watch for her sister and cousin!). Ella tittered when dad's hug lifted Linsey's feet off the ground... before Linsey called out for Serghei. Ella looked after her sister, who was prepared to run off. Blannat's lead was thrust into the smaller girl's hands, causing the brunette incredible worry. Carnelian eyes looked away from Linsey and over to the large dog, a bit of fear in her eyes. Ella then looked up when mom took hold of her hand.

She listened with a small frown as the woman spoke about Ella finding her voice and telling Linsey if she didn't want certain things. With a tiny sigh, Ella nodded. "It's hard to find my voice sometimes, but I can promise I'll try." Ella gave a more resolute nod, hoping to sound confident. This was before she was given a soft hug and a kiss, which she happily reciprocated. But then she was pulled into a far more squeezy hug by dad, earning a laugh. "You're gonna squeeze all my bravery out, dad!" She kissed him back, leaning into the hug for a second before being stood back on her feet. "I promise I'll be safe, dad. Safer than safe, even. And I'll be home for Christmas." She pat his hand, then turned to hurry over to help Linsey with a rather beaten up looking Serghei. Apparently they were headed to the train, which was a wise call, if naught else.

{{Wearing :: Uniform}}

Ella - #5B92E5
          Serghei - #32CD32
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey and Ella... and this huge bear-dog
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A slow shuffle
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is helping distract my brain

As Serghei watched all around the platform, on a very intense edge. He didn't think that his family would be dumb enough to attack here, in the center of everyone, but at this point, only Father or one of the older boys alone would probably be enough to drop him. He knew something of Dark Arts, but Durmstrang never really focused on the "defense" part, as Hogwarts did. He leaned his head back against the column, one arm clutching at his ribs, still pained from one of them using the stop-breath curse.

While he knew some of the counter curses (enough so he didn't look quite as bad, anyway), he was far from a healer. Dark eyes glanced at the train, knowing the walk would probably be enough to kill him. Serghei knew he didn't have enough strength to apparate again, especially not without splinching so bad he'd simply pass in a puddle... but he'd have to figure something out soon. It was then that his discombobulated brain heard his name called out. Immediately he struggled to pull out his wand, a hiss of pain with just that limited motion. Thankfully, the voice belonged to a friend, rather than family.

He looked over at the blonde as she immediately asked a million questions. "What happened... about a million blesteme întunecate, eh, dark spells. And who... was Father and his soldati perfecti." He called back to the moniker he'd already explained to her, hoping she remembered. His head was spinning too hard for all the details right now. He was just worried about potentially getting her tangled up in the cross fire, should things come to blows. He also noticed Ella, her hair tied back and a smile on her face. Good. He was ever glad that she had something to smile for in this world.

"Eh? No need to worry, Linsey. I'll be fine. I always end up fine." Sure, it felt a bit like his lungs were going to explode, but that was just part of the deal when dealing with the Antonov brood. Linsey sent a look over to Hannah, her mother, who waved them along. "I probably cannot walk too... tsk.. schnell...." he tried in German, but that wasn't right... perhaps, "repede? No... it's, oh! Swift in Engleză, da." As came with someone using a tertiary language, he often stumbled over words. Though his quiet practice to the language was helping a bit. Definitely not enough so these things wouldn't happen, but better.

The tall brunette pushed himself up, teeth gnashing as he tried to hide the pain. His face fell into a solemn mask, having had to endure worse, followed by ranting lectures by one or both parents. And if he showed pain - showed weakness - to them, well. Things only got worse. As they started their slow shuffle, Ella joined in, clutching a lead reel with both hands as a large dog trotted after. "Lasă-mă să ghicesc, ai fost descoperit?" The tiny girl said, her soft voice a bit sharper thanks in part to the accent needed to speak Romanian. "Da, dar voi trăi, ca întotdeauna. It is good to see you once again, Ella."

Ella sent over a look of... concern? hesitation, perhaps... but then nodded. "Linsey'll take good care of you. She's the best healer in the whole school, probably." The girl spoke with confidence, which was at least a little reassurance. "Oh, well good to know I am in good hands, then. Are you in Medical class? Has Hogwarts done Opțiuni yet?" Ella frowned, wondering why Serghei was suddenly so interested in her life, much less her studies. It wasn't something she was used to from anyone even vaguely associated with the Antonov Family. "Electives, and yes. Well, sort of. I sent in my requests over the summer. But I am going to try for Healing class."

Serghei nodded painfully, looking between the girls for a moment. "Oh, and mulțumesc, ah, thank you... The letters written to Direktorin Clarke." He slipped his hand into his pocket, pulling out the shiny Ravenclaw Prefect's badge. "It seems your kind words had an beeinflussen" That wasn't the word he'd wanted, but he couldn't think of the right one... in English, at least. "No one can translate. I wasn't allowed to learn German, Serghei." Ella's words carried a hint of sadness, though perhaps both should have recognized she wasn't ever intended to go to Durmstrang. "Ah, yes. Perhaps 'a afecta' is right? Not the right language, but... better."

Ella sighed, tapping her nails on the lead casing.... which led Serghei to a new question. "Why do you have a dog thrice your size? He' practically a urs. Oh, bear." He wasn't even sure if the animal would fit on the train, which would surely be quite full. Hopefully Linsey was indeed a good healer, because several hours on a train in this pain would be brutal. But if Ella had faith, he should too.

{{Wearing :: Uniform + Ravenclaw Scarf}}
          {{Ella - "Let me guess, you were found out?"
          Serghei - "Yes, but I will live, as always."}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Ella - #5B92E5
          Markus - #990000

Eᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ' 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟs sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
          Lɪᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ, ᴛʀʏɴᴀ sᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇɪɴ' sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ. Iᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴋɪʟʟɪɴ' ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ?
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ's ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ! Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 4:21 pm
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Rey was looking around with increasing anxiety, trying to figure out how she got separated from Finn and the rest of his family. Short as she was it was hard for her see much beyond the figures clad in black immediately around her. With one hand holding onto the cart with her school trunk and the other straying towards the soft-sided cat carrier the Greys were kind enough to loan her, she looked around in vain for some sign of the rest of her party. Rosie seemed to sense her distress and she cried in feline sympathy. “Its okay, Rosie. I’m right here, I won’t just leave you,” she told her feline companion.

She heard somebody calling for ‘Racheal’, and it took her a long moment to figure out it was her who was being called for. ‘Nobody calls me by my actual name,’ she thought, ‘nobody still living, anyway.’ Rey didn’t finally see who was calling her until Nora was standing practically in front of her. When asked if she if she’d gotten shuffled about, Rey nodded, and she answered, “They were right here, I was with Finn one moment, and then they were gone. I don’t know where they went; they’re probably on the train already. Finn said we were sitting together with Ella and maybe the dog they brought.”

Having Nora brush the stray curls of red hair from her face made her feel a little better, as did the thought of having friends at school. She wondered if her friends at her old school had a visitation from the men in the black coats, and now they’d forgotten about her too. Her old life was being erased, and now… Nora mentioned the holidays, and that filled her with a measure of hope for better days. Last Christmas was particularly…grim.

After foster father was…. after foster father… she barely think about that morning and what happened without raw emotion ripping through her. Grandma Kinkade wasn’t feeling well, and Mom had to work, so it was just the kids trying to make the best of it. “I’d like that Miss Nora, she said as she tried hard to keep up a brave smile. “Christmas doesn’t usually work out for me most years. Rosie can come too, right? It wouldn’t be right for me to leave her behind.” She held her hand to the mesh window, so Rosie could rub and lick it.

Rey nodded along, and she pulled her handcart in the direction Nora chose to lead her. As they were walking, she heard a voice call out, “Rey? Rey? Rey, where are you??” Finally, Finn emerged from a throng of well-wishers, and he rushed over to her. “Rey, oh, I’m glad I found you, we’re getting ready to board the train. We don’t want to be late.” As he was talking to Rey, Finn realized who else was there, and immediately stood a little straighter, and started to wonder if he’d just blundered into something he shouldn’t have. “Um, hi, um, Madam Lady-Governor. I, um… I’m not interrupting something, am I?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Currently Rey and Finn, but family is nearby
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Departure Day!
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She didn't think Finn was looking for her?

Nora was glad she'd managed to find Rey before anything bad happened. The poor girl looked scared and upset, both of which Nora quite understood. She remembered back when she was a a little baby first year and she'd got separated. It was so frightening to be lost amongst all the taller kids and their grown ups... and that was with Nora having a family nearby. Rey was doing this largely alone, on an even busier platform! So when Nora found her, she was glad that the redhead was safe. She explained that she figured Finn had opted to leave her and just go onto the train.

"Oh no, dear. I saw Linsey and Ella and their parents just over there. I'm sure Finn is around here somewhere, perhaps looking for you." Hearing the cat, Rosie, crying, Nora dug through her purse and handed the girl a small pack of cat treats. "Here. Sometimes snacks are just what's needed on a hard day. So here's a good one for Rosie," she paused, handing over one of the many snack boxes she kept on hand during the platform trips in case certain kids might not be able to afford the trolly. "And here's one for Rey as well. That should be enough to get you through the trip, then at school you'll have more food than you can shake a stick at."

It wasn't until after Nora invited Rey for Christmas that she noticed the poor dear about to crack. "Oh, dear yes. You and Rosie are both quite welcome. I'll even pick up some fancy food for her. Then we can do whatever your favorite food is and do a feast when you come over, deal? You'll just need to send a letter when you get to school. And let me know which house you go into. It's always such fun to see how it happens." She pulled out a small notepad, quickly writing down her address before setting it atop the snack box. "And I can promise that you'll have yourself a lovely holiday. It'll be surrounded by family and all the love you could have." If nothing else, the Heulwen holidays were always lots of love.

The woman looked over when a familiar voice shouted out, waving over the boy toward them. Finn explained that they were preparing to board the train, then looked startled to see Nora there. "No, Finn, you are perfectly fine. But you are right about needing to hop on the train shortly. And if you, or you... need anything, feel free to write. I'd be glad to help with whatever I can. Even if you think it might be something small... or something waaaay big. I'll do my best." Nora gently brushed Rey's hair back once more, then pulled the girl into a gentle hug. "I'll meet you right here when the train returns, okay? You do your best to have fun and make loads of friends. I'm sure it'll be grand."

{{Wearing :: Florals
Graydon Ironshield

I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 183 184 185 186

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash