Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
So one of my manager's best friends died...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 am
A guy named Paul Macci got in a surfing accident yesterday (or 2 days ago since it's 12:26 AM right now) and I just learned today (or yesterday since it's past 12) that he passed away. He was surfing down by the cliffs and the tide pulled him out into the rocks. He was under for more than 4 minutes and passed away as they were attempting to revive him at the hospital. I had just met him a few days ago and was introduced by my manager because I reminded him of Paul. We had some fun and actually took a lot of pics together while I was in Oahu and now, less than a week later, he's gone. I guess it just goes to show that you really can't take anything or anyone regardless of how long they've been around for granted because they can go anytime and anywhere.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:05 am
that sucks...I don't know him,wrong island, but still....  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 am
It was very surprising really. My manager would always tell me about how I needed to meet Paul. Then I finally do, and a few days later he's gone. It really makes you think. What if the next person you meet will die in a few days? Is it really worth trying to "be cool" when for all you know they could be gone tomorrow? I mean you can hear people say "Seize the day as it might not be here tomorrow" all day, but once you finally experience it, it just feels that much more true.  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games