Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
What did I miss?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 pm
For the most part, work has been slow, and school doesn't start for a few more weeks. I should be more active here on gaia at least until school starts. I'll probably try to maintain this thread again (feel free to help if you'd like 3nodding ) How much did I miss while I was gone? Any upcoming events I should know about?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:56 pm
maui boy no ka oi
For the most part, work has been slow, and school doesn't start for a few more weeks. I should be more active here on gaia at least until school starts. I'll probably try to maintain this thread again (feel free to help if you'd like 3nodding ) How much did I miss while I was gone? Any upcoming events I should know about?

Hey Maui :3

There's actually currently a huge (& hugely superb, of course 4laugh ) Summer Treasure Hunt event going on! It's an incredibly impressive, creative, & superbly well executed event... In all honesty, in the 3 & a half or four years during which I've been an active member of NSTG, I personally think that this is without question one of the very best -- hell, perhaps even the very best -- event I've ever seen NSTG host!
Needless to say, if you haven't checked out the event yet, you definitely should!

Other than that... I honestly have no ******** clue how long you've been gone from NSTG for. I'm assuming it's been at least two or three months, though. Everything about the current event aside, the only thing that currently comes to mind that you would have missed that occured during the past two or three months is that KittyKat62 unfortunately had to step down from her position as Captain of NSTG due to the demanding & time-consuming nature of all her real life commitments. Ebony was - quite appropriately - chosen to be her "successor", & she's been doing an absolutely superb job as the newest captain of NSTG :3  

elyzia

elyzia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm
maui boy no ka oi

Oh, &, I forgot to mention... I would certainly be interested in helping you out with your thread promoting NSTG. However, I unfortunately simply don't have the time, I think, to be actively engaged in your thread. That said, however, if you ever need or would like any help financing contests & events that are or will be taking place in your thread, don't hesitate to contact me about it, & I'd be more than happy to send you however much gold you may need smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am
The last post in that thread would probably be a good indication (October 2010). I saw the event but totally missed it by one day. But eh. I usually try to post info on the upcoming events on the first page. For the most part, all I need help in is to keep the thread on the front page. CB is where most newbies go to earn some quick gold by posting on the forums so I think it would be the best place to put a newbie recruitment thread (so long as it stays on the front page lol). As for the contests, I don't actually expect anyone to win them LOL. Only 2 people in the thread other than myself have actually won any of the contests and both were close friends of mine who basically told me I didn't have to give them anything (since both of them would be quitting soon and giving me their stuff anyway). Still I do have a little stash for emergencies so I'll be good unless I impulsively buy something like this. For the most part, just up to date information and bumpers to keep the thread visible are all that is needed for now although criticism and ideas to make the thread's first page more appealing are always welcome.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items