Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Could someone clarify all the different types for me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PuellaSumDei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:27 pm
Ok, Christian is a lifestyle. But what about the denominations like Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Lutheran, Roman-catholic...Ect. I'd love to know the differences.
I mean, I'm not completely clueless, such as Catholics praise the Virgin Mary and have their saints, but there's more to it and I'd like someone to infrom me of what makes each unique.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:00 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I believe that there are many denominations of churches because there are a lot of gray areas that many true God fearing Christians disagree on so they chose to create a denomination of a the Church.

I'm not too sure though this is all opinion.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

PuellaSumDei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm
Well, I know that your reply is nearly on the nose, since the way people interpret thigns cause them to disagree and thus make the denominations...

Ijust wanna know some of the differences between Lutheran and Presbyterian and stuffs because I was asking the question and no one i knew had the answer -.-
^^
Any body have a slight idea as to the differences?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm
I don't know, but an example of differences amongst denominations is whether Jesus Christ is fully god and man, whether the Holy Trinity is true, how we are saved. Some use books and stories that are non-canon. There's a lot of things, but I just can't stick to one. I briefly glimpsed over some site detailing a couple of examples.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Robotic Chewie19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:48 am
The denominations don't really matter because denominations are just religion and religion is works that can not get you into Heaven.
I don't believe in religion but salvation in the blood of Jesus Christ God's only begotten son who died on the cross and shed his precious blood so that any one that excepts him as their Lord and Savior will be saved

John 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6
King James Version (KJV)
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:9-13
King James Version (KJV)
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games