Submit

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:26 am
Since I'm allowed to, I'm completely re-writing my very first NaNoWriMo. As in starting from scratch, only this time I'm gonna have an outline.

The story is about Mark Argent (whose profession I'm still debating on between full-time college student, or part-time college student who works at his dad's business), someone who thinks that his life is all mapped out for him, so he's grown bored with it. However, his life starts to change when he meets Yaris, a 3-foot imp who was sent from parallel world where only the moon shines by an Oracle. The reason he was sent was to fulfill an ancient pact between Mark's world, Solaria (land of the sun) and Yaris's world, Lunaria (land of the moon), where Mark learns magic from this new arrival and they bond as Magician and Familiar.

The antagonist in the story is an old soldier who leads the special forces. She fought in a war some ten years back, where Magicians were used as a sort of "last resort". One of them accidentally backfired and wiped out an entire unit of troops, so now this commander wants to wipe out the Magicians and Familiars entirely, so that they can't do any huge damage on purpose.

I've had this idea of parallel worlds (one dark, one light) in my mind for a while, and I've refined it a lot since I first imagined it. <3 It's a modern setting too, which is something I enjoy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm
I'll be writing a story I've been thinking about for quite some time. I've given it a bit of time for things to change so I'm pretty sure the major points are stuck where they are. It combines two of my favorite genres at the moment: dystopia and fantasy. Plus, a little sci-fi just because. So far, I have the whole story planned out (which could span more than the three intended books).

In other words, I'm super excited for this year!  

Todd186

Slytherin Avatar Legend generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Slytherin Avatar Legend

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am
I'll be writing the first novel in my series, which has grown exponentially backwards since 1993. I think I finally find the beginning, and then find I have to write an earlier book to explain the subsequent trilogy (and series). Go, me!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 pm
Hello. I'm kinda new to posting in the forums here...

But wanted to say, I'm going to be trying to write a story I've had outlined for a while... I think the title is going to be either Ghost Stories or Gray Zone. Or something like that.
It's a supernatural/sci-fi/fantasy story about three boys who have to save the world from a bunch of demons who have broken out of Hell. It's a lot more complicated than that, especially when some dimension traveling starts taking place, and especially since I have three totally separate groups of villains, but that's the general idea.

I don't expect it to get done, mostly because of how complicated the story is, but I'm really hoping to get to 50k this year at the very least. If not, then I'm also setting myself a story-goal to aim for: get at least to my lust vs greed scene before the end of November.  

Daricio

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:37 am
I'm debating between three completely (almost) different ideas:

And We Stood Before Him: A modern supernatural/light fantasy about an underground fighter who is introduced to an (allegedly) corporate-sponsored worldwide fighting syndicate with some very interesting rules and only one way out. The fun part being this guy's kind of addicted to violence, and is going through hell and high water to stay IN the illegal martial arts league-thingy.

(I promise I'm an infinitely more elegant writer than that^)

Muse: A tale about a librarian with the ability to bring the written and spoken word to life, who's been set the task of taking down the lingering spirits and forms of others with similar abilities. Like, for example, Howard Lovecraft. Supernatural/Suspense.

A Turn of the Page: Another library setting, inspired by some of the plot ideas for Muse, wherein Average Joe #374 walks into a haunted library where the beasts that dwell within can bring the nightmares straight of the page, and make them exponentially worse. Supernatural Horror/Psychological clusterf*&k.

I'm leaning towards #3. Anyone who's a veteran of this guild who's read my other horror materials can probably tell you why.

Also, Daricio, I'd suggest Gray Zone as a title. Ghost Stories is already being used as the name of an anime.  
NaNoWriMo [And Other Contests]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff