Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Special edition of Four Swords? Hellz yes!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm
User Image
User Image

So, for everyone that has a DSi/DSi XL/3DS, Nintendo has released Four Swords for free download in the shop. It's for a special promotion for Zelda's 25th Anniversary. While it unfortunately has no Wi-fi capability, you can link up wirelessly if you know someone else with the game. As far as I can tell, it is different from the other versions, though I am unsure about how the Gameboy Advance version was. I've only played the Gamecube version in the past.

Discuss:
-This
-Something else you'd like to see Nintendo do this with.

User Image

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Thanks for that! I wouldn't have heard about free LoZ otherwise. Yay!  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:38 pm
I'm impressed that they distributed this for free. Not really surprised, since it's Nintendo and they've been doing lots of awesome stuff lately (free games for 3DS "ambassadors" and offering giant AR cards as reward prizes for only a few points, sending out more copies of the LOZ: Ocarina of Time soundtrack because the website went all wonky).

They could have easily released a simple port of the game and people would have been ok with it. But this version was specially made with a 1 player mode. That much effort and they give it out for free? crying I. LOVE. NINTENDO!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:07 pm
User Image
User Image

I'm very impressed with Nintendo's handhelds right now. The only problem I've been having with it is that Nintendo's Wi-fi service has been s**t. It might very well be the service in my house, but the number of complaints I've seen from other pokemon players, I'm doubting that.

I am, however, very unimpressed with Nintendo's new console. Wii U? Really? Kinda reminds me of the WiiDS april fools prank they did a while back. Of course, I will have one for the new Super Smash Bros, new Zelda, pretty much any of the series that I follow. I see this bringing Nintendo down, though. They used to be console gods, but now it's seeming like the only thing they are doing right right now is handhelds.

Also, I loved the Realm of Memories in this game. Revisiting all the old games I've played way too much? Hellz yes. Link's Awakening is probably the only Zelda Game I'll never play again, I've played that game sooooooo muuuuuuch. xd

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:17 pm
I have the Link to the Past/Four Swords for GBA but can't play the Four Swords because of not having anyone to play with. I have a DS lite, so I can't play the new one... but yes, the 1 player mode option sounds really nice.

I've never finished Link's Awakening.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:36 pm
Lobo-chan

I've never finished Link's Awakening.

I remained in the darn wind fish egg for over a year. I finally gave up and looked at a walkthrough. emotion_bigvein  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 am
User Image
User Image

I got my copy of Link's Awakening with my original Gameboy brick. Even though I only upgraded to a pocket once before eventually getting my DSlite, I played the hell out of LA. That GBPocket still works: In fact, I stumbled upon it today and fired it up, enjoying the beginning of Pokemon Gold where Professor Oak talks to you about pokemon until the batteries died. xd

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:29 am
I skipped straight from gameboy color to DSlite. My color still works, but some of the games don't... but I've been told how to fix them if I just get around to it! =D
Both my color and my DS are all ugly. The color accidentally got dropped and kicked across some asphalt, so it's all scratched up. The DS... I'm not sure what happened to it since I bought it used, but it looks suspiciously like a small dog chewed on it. But it still works, and the teethmarks knocked the price down so it was cheaper than all the others when it was the one that came with all of the extra stuff.

I got stuck trying to find I think the fourth dungeon on Link's Awakening.
I should go beat Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons again. Ages is so much harder than Seasons @.@  

Lobo-chan

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff