Reply Character Concepts
Plese! I need help with a character!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueberryCondomBomb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm
I need help with a started long ago but never finished. I want to finish it but I need help with my OC:
The story is based on post-L Death Note.
In short: My character's name is Echo and she's a nomad gypsy who comes to Japan searching for Kira, who she believes is the god of death she was taught by her religion. She wants to find Kira in order to be blessed so she can become a shaman.
She comes to the city with her sister, she sets up a fruit stand and meets Matt, who is buying oranges for Mello, who is sick. She comes to see Mello because she believes she can heal him and slowly grows close to the genius couple.

Here's the issue:
Both Mello and Matt are strong characters so if I want Echo to remain on their level she has to be strong too.

I picture her personality as flawed, bold and conflictive.

I'm not sure how I want the story to end but I've been contemplating making her a traitor...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:22 pm
Bump!  

BlueberryCondomBomb

avearia

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm
To be honest, I think your main problem would be the fact that Echo idolizes Kira, but Matt and Mello are trying to identify and arrest him. Why would she get involved with them at all? Why would Matt let her come see Mello in the first place? If someone walked up to YOU and said "Hey, I have magic healing powers, take me to your sick friend so I can heal him," then I don't think you'd just invite them in... especially not if their shaman powers come from a religion that worships a death-bringer like Kira.

I guess I'd need more information on that point to make this story make sense in my mind.

As for her personality, the best way to establish a personality is just to write scenes as you see them playing out in your head. At the end, re-read it and see if you like that take on her personality; if you don't, re-write it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:26 pm
avearia
To be honest, I think your main problem would be the fact that Echo idolizes Kira, but Matt and Mello are trying to identify and arrest him. Why would she get involved with them at all? Why would Matt let her come see Mello in the first place? If someone walked up to YOU and said "Hey, I have magic healing powers, take me to your sick friend so I can heal him," then I don't think you'd just invite them in... especially not if their shaman powers come from a religion that worships a death-bringer like Kira.

I guess I'd need more information on that point to make this story make sense in my mind.

As for her personality, the best way to establish a personality is just to write scenes as you see them playing out in your head. At the end, re-read it and see if you like that take on her personality; if you don't, re-write it.

Well i actually had them meet before either of them knew what each other were up to. I guess the fact that they're both looking for Kira brings them together but you also make a good point.
thnx biggrin  

BlueberryCondomBomb

Character Concepts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces