Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Prayer request for someone most likely demon possesed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 am
I'd like to ask for prayers for someone. Her name is Frida and most likely she is demon possesed and according to her they also talk to her if I remember correctly. Prayers on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:13 pm
A good way to help is to pray the blood of Jesus over her. Demons tremble at the sound of Jesus' name, so how much more powerful is His blood?  

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

starry night-163

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 pm
Alex Trevell
A good way to help is to pray the blood of Jesus over her. Demons tremble at the sound of Jesus' name, so how much more powerful is His blood?

Well actually Jesus isn't his name. His name is actually Yahusha. The J never even existed until some hundred years ago and much less has it even existed in Hebrew so therefore, Jesus is ruled out but is there actually a bible verse(s) that teaches they tremble at his name? I always heard that but I don't think I can think of any verses that support that. I'm not trying to be rude by the way, I know in writing things can sound rude sometimes. I'm just asking a question >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugP_kvmzROU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyxsniy4jDo

(The name for the Father is, Yahuah, the name for the son, our Saviour and Mashiach, is Yahusha, and the name for the Holy Spirit, is Ruach ha'Qodesh. The ch in Ruach and Mashiach makes like a k sound, so Ruach would sound like Ruak ha'Qodesh and Mashiach like Mashiak and Mashiach means Messiah)

(Elohim is a Hebrew word meaning "god(s)," )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm
starry night-163
Alex Trevell

Well actually Jesus isn't his name. His name is actually Yahusha. The J never even existed until some hundred years ago and much less has it even existed in Hebrew so therefore, Jesus is ruled out but is there actually a bible verse(s) that teaches they tremble at his name? I always heard that but I don't think I can think of any verses that support that. I'm not trying to be rude by the way, I know in writing things can sound rude sometimes. I'm just asking a question >.<

(The name for the Father is, Yahuah, the name for the son, our Saviour and Mashiach, is Yahusha, and the name for the Holy Spirit, is Ruach ha'Qodesh. The ch in Ruach and Mashiach makes like a k sound, so Ruach would sound like Ruak ha'Qodesh and Mashiach like Mashiak and Mashiach means Messiah)

Bible also says that Jesus has a name that is known only to him, if we want to get into semantics. It even says that he has other names, none of which are even close to Yahusha.
Elohim is great, but so is El Shaddai, Adonai, etc. Literally nobody alive knows exactly how to pronounce YHWH. Fun fact - the KJV of 1611 calls him Iesus, because in Latin (where English draws the majority of its vocabulary and pronunciation) an I in the beginning of a word made the J sound. Let's be honest though. I'm not worthy to use his name in any language, let alone what he has called himself. If a prophet felt he was unworthy, then I, some schmuck, am also unworthy.

As for me, I'll stick with Jesus, because we're speaking English. (Unless you want Spanish. I can do that too)

Anyway, on to what we're actually discussing.

Demon possession sucks. No way around that. Nobody wants to deal with it. I'll pray for you guys. I've been there with a friend of my sister. It wasn't fun, it wasn't something I'm really anxious to ever do again. Tell you what, though. It was probably one of the best things that ever happened to my faith. I was sitting there talking to my sister and a friend (not the same guy but also involved) and I was reading through the Psalms and Isaiah, because why not. I had not realized before then how amazingly beautiful our God is until then. Yeah, I knew that God is good, God is great, etc, but things changed that night. I can't ever go back. A favorite preacher of mine on Youtube once said that something along the lines of "It's impossible to be hit by something as large as a truck and not be changed. It's impossible to by hit by something as wonderful as God and not be changed." (Paul Washer. Don't agree with him always, but great to listen to)

Yeah, there are demons. There's big nasties (box nasties <3 'Bait) out there. But our God is bigger, badder, and a whole lot more terrifying to them than they are to us. After all, the scriptures say that "it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31)."
My advice? Pray. Humble yourself. This isn't about you, this isn't about your friend, even (perhaps even especially) if she is possessed. This is all about God. All about seeking his glory. Your goal is to glorify him. That's it. Pray, read your scriptures. Ask that his will be done, because it will.

"The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14.
It isn't your fight, your life, your desires, or anything else that matters. Love God first, love your friend second, and then love God some more. If he saves your friend from this, good. If he doesn't, then while it will be hard, you have to trust that he knows best.

I suggest reading Job, throughout chapters 38 and 39, where God basically says "Who are you? I made the world, I set the stars in the sky, shut up and let me be God."

Pray earnestly, seek humility, and above all, love God.  

rosadria

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm
Not to be rude, but a demon and the holy spirit can't inhabit the same body. If a person has really accepted Jesus as their savior, they can't be possessed.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:01 pm
VK Fox
starry night-163
Alex Trevell

Bible also says that Jesus has a name that is known only to him, if we want to get into semantics. It even says that he has other names, none of which are even close to Yahusha.
Elohim is great, but so is El Shaddai, Adonai, etc. Literally nobody alive knows exactly how to pronounce YHWH. Fun fact - the KJV of 1611 calls him Iesus, because in Latin (where English draws the majority of its vocabulary and pronunciation) an I in the beginning of a word made the J sound. Let's be honest though. I'm not worthy to use his name in any language, let alone what he has called himself. If a prophet felt he was unworthy, then I, some schmuck, am also unworthy.

As for me, I'll stick with Jesus, because we're speaking English. (Unless you want Spanish. I can do that too)

Anyway, on to what we're actually discussing.

Demon possession sucks. No way around that. Nobody wants to deal with it. I'll pray for you guys. I've been there with a friend of my sister. It wasn't fun, it wasn't something I'm really anxious to ever do again. Tell you what, though. It was probably one of the best things that ever happened to my faith. I was sitting there talking to my sister and a friend (not the same guy but also involved) and I was reading through the Psalms and Isaiah, because why not. I had not realized before then how amazingly beautiful our God is until then. Yeah, I knew that God is good, God is great, etc, but things changed that night. I can't ever go back. A favorite preacher of mine on Youtube once said that something along the lines of "It's impossible to be hit by something as large as a truck and not be changed. It's impossible to by hit by something as wonderful as God and not be changed." (Paul Washer. Don't agree with him always, but great to listen to)

Yeah, there are demons. There's big nasties (box nasties <3 'Bait) out there. But our God is bigger, badder, and a whole lot more terrifying to them than they are to us. After all, the scriptures say that "it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31)."
My advice? Pray. Humble yourself. This isn't about you, this isn't about your friend, even (perhaps even especially) if she is possessed. This is all about God. All about seeking his glory. Your goal is to glorify him. That's it. Pray, read your scriptures. Ask that his will be done, because it will.

"The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14.
It isn't your fight, your life, your desires, or anything else that matters. Love God first, love your friend second, and then love God some more. If he saves your friend from this, good. If he doesn't, then while it will be hard, you have to trust that he knows best.

I suggest reading Job, throughout chapters 38 and 39, where God basically says "Who are you? I made the world, I set the stars in the sky, shut up and let me be God."

Pray earnestly, seek humility, and above all, love God.

We were given a name to call him by though and it wasn't Jesus. What does that name even really mean? If we can call him as we want, say somewhere his name is said as Bob, would you call him Bob? The name Yahusha is found 216 times in the tanak http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/YahushuaTransliteration.jpg and this here would be the name of the father and the son in Paleo Hebrew http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/LettersHebrew.gif which was the way they are written in the dead sea scrolls. Seek the truth on this, ask our Father to guid you on this and show you the truth about this, I even like to say don't believe everything I say because I know even I can mess up although I believe this to be true. I do like to be corrected though so thank you but I still believe what I have said is true about the names unless our Father would show me otherwise. And thank you very much for taking the time to write a reply! I agree with what you have said on the matter of my prayer request. I would rather leave it to him always and just be led by him in the situation although this is a prayer request on behalf of a friend of mine who actually knows her, I hardly know her actually >.< but I do love her so of course I'd like this fixed and her be saved because she rejects the truth and refuses to come to Yahusha and be saved from what I know but our Father's will be done! Never mine.  

starry night-163

Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff