Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm
I can be the only one who understands the KH continuity in full, right?

I mean, pretty much everything is explained in the games.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm
there's one or two things i'm not getting but it's all from CoM and 358/2 Days, both which are kind of confusing yet not confusing at the same time. And no, I haven't played those games because I either don't have the console/handheld necessary to play either.

But I have watched video playthroughs and cutscene videos of each, so I do know what's happened. My mind just doesn't want to fully wrap around the ideas and things that happen in those games.  

ShizukathePudu

Mind-boggling Shade

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm
ShizukathePudu
there's one or two things i'm not getting but it's all from CoM and 358/2 Days, both which are kind of confusing yet not confusing at the same time. And no, I haven't played those games because I either don't have the console/handheld necessary to play either.

But I have watched video playthroughs and cutscene videos of each, so I do know what's happened. My mind just doesn't want to fully wrap around the ideas and things that happen in those games.

Well those 2 are being re-released on the HD collection, so there's that.
What don't you get?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu

What don't you get?

it's mostly when the two games take place on the timeline. i know at one point they happen at the same time... but i'm not sure when.

also, i'm really confused as to who Xion is and what her role is in the series.  

ShizukathePudu

Mind-boggling Shade

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 pm
ShizukathePudu
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu

What don't you get?

it's mostly when the two games take place on the timeline. i know at one point they happen at the same time... but i'm not sure when.

358/2 Days started toward the end of KH 1, and continued through CoM + most of a year until Sora woke up. It can be assumed that CoM didn't last too long on the timeline, judging by how the points would have to match up.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu

What don't you get?

358/2 Days started toward the end of KH 1, and continued through CoM + most of a year until Sora woke up. It can be assumed that CoM didn't last too long on the timeline, judging by how the points would have to match up.

ok... but what about Xion? she's the only other thing i'm confused on.  

ShizukathePudu

Mind-boggling Shade

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 am
ShizukathePudu
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu
B1g_crunch
ShizukathePudu

What don't you get?

OK... but what about Xion? she's the only other thing i'm confused on.

Xion was a puppet meant as a back-up keyblade wielder to use in case something ever happened to Roxas, if I'm not mistaken. She was made with some of Sora's leftover memories so she could wield the keyblade, and when Roxas killed her those memories were absorbed into him, letting him wield 2 keyblades but erasing everyone's memories of her existence.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:06 pm
To finish and polish your timeline placement:

358/2 days takes place during both the end of KH1, CoM, and the year Sora was sleeping, as shown by the events. As we know, it took a full year for sora to awaken, and we have 365 days a year. Which shows when 358/2 days ended, was when KH2 began, the week you place as Roxas. The final day being cut a bit short by Sora's awakening, completing the year.  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

ShizukathePudu

Mind-boggling Shade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:11 pm
B1g_crunch
Xion was a puppet meant as a back-up keyblade wielder to use in case something ever happened to Roxas, if I'm not mistaken. She was made with some of Sora's leftover memories so she could wield the keyblade, and when Roxas killed her those memories were absorbed into him, letting him wield 2 keyblades but erasing everyone's memories of her existence.

oh! ok... i just remember watching the cutscenes with her going "WTF?!" thank you for clearing that up.

ZimbuTessen

358/2 days takes place during both the end of KH1, CoM, and the year Sora was sleeping, as shown by the events. As we know, it took a full year for sora to awaken, and we have 365 days a year. Which shows when 358/2 days ended, was when KH2 began, the week you place as Roxas. The final day being cut a bit short by Sora's awakening, completing the year.

that... makes more sense. thank you both for clearing that up.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm
ZimbuTessen

All hail the great pumpkin.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers