Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Walsh Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:11 pm
The Walsh Family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Pierced, but not dead."

Cora Mercy Walsh (nee Darien)
NPC

Garrett Lucan Walsh
NPC

Uriel Adair Scott
Married, moved to Scott thread

Jessamine Cathlin Xanders
Married, moved to Xanders thread

Tobias Philemon Walsh
NPC

Veronica Kiss-Walsh
((played by mc2, accepted in chatzy by The Forgotten Weasley 2/3/16, 6:30 EST in Chatzy))
NPC

Talia Kiss Walsh

Zatara Kiss Walsh
((originally played by mc2, accepted in chatzy by The Forgotten Weasley 2/3/16, 6:30 EST in Chatzy, adopted by Kungfudemoness 1/9/19))

Eleazar Draven Bradley

Violante Faye Lillantine
Married, moved to Bishop thread.

Althea Leigh Bradley
Deceased

Pended by: CREW MEMBER, DATE
Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/21/2017]
Accepted Characters:
Eleazar [03/21/2017] Violante [03/21/2017] Talia [03/21/2017] Zatara [01/25/2019]
Updates Accepted by: ❝Yukitty❞ 7/17/19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am
Hi, my name is Cora Mercy Walsh (nee Darien).

I'm a female

I'm 48 years old.

My birthday is September 18th, 1984

I work in St. Mungo's as a healer, on the Spell Damage floor.

My dream job is a healer.

My blood status is pureblood.

The house I was in was Gryffindor.

I was in the class of 2002.

I'm interested in Garrett, of course!

I'm currently with my husband and best friend, Garrett.

I may seem stern and logical but I'm really warm and loving.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a woman with a big heart. I'm kind, caring, and gentle, though I can seem very strict and cold about some things. I love helping others, and I was always had a very close bond with my friends and family growing up. I'm a serene, content person, and my patience is boundless. Though I occasionally get grumpy with my husband or children, my bark is mild, and my bite nonexistent. However, I can be quite protective when it comes to my family. I dislike strife and chaos, and I tend to be the one who makes sure things get done, both at work and at home. I'm very hardworking, and can't just sit around not doing anything. I've been told I can't think out of the box, because of I simply think in a clear, unvarying manner, but multitasking is easy for me.

My background story is my family was a small, pureblood one, full of cheerful people who were all sorted into Hufflepuff. My sister, Bellamy, and I broke that tradition. I was sorted into Gryffindor, which came as a surprise, but not altogether unwelcome, and Bellamy four years later was sorted into Slytherin. My poor parents almost had a heart attack, but my sister had always been a rebel. My Hogwarts years were happy, if uneventful. I dated a few boys, discovered my love of helping others, especially the injured and sick, and even played Quidditch for a while. Upon graduating, a few friends and I went on a celebratory vacation all around the UK. In Ireland I met Garrett. He was a muggle boy, just starting university, and we had an instant connection. He was smart, and reliable, and hilarious, and his accent was adorable, okay? There was only one problem: he didn't know I was a witch. I didn't want to scare Garrett off; I was falling in love with him! In fact, I ended up staying in Ireland for the rest of the summer, getting to know this muggle who had intrigued me so better. Of course, I had to return home eventually, but we kept in contact, through muggle post. At that point I was living in London, and he actually moved there to be closer to me, having also just gotten a job as a doctor at a hospital. When we were twenty, he proposed. I said no, because I hadn't told him about who I really was, and I couldn't see how I was going to. We were both heartbroken, and didn't talk again until a few years later. By that time, I was ready. I was older, wiser, and knew he was the man I was going to marry. So I did tell him, and he took it surprisingly well, though he was convinced I was lying at first.Until I levitated him upside down and kissed him. Hey, Gryffindor forwardness, remember? When we were both twenty five, we were married. Then came the trouble.

I was having difficulties having children. We saw healers and muggle doctors, and they all said the same thing: for whatever reason, children were going to be hard for us to have, if have them at all. For the time, we gave up, and contacted an adoption agency, a muggle one. I didn't care that our child would never use magic or attend Hogwarts. We just wanted a child. After a few months, we were told there was a newborn baby up for adoption, whose birth mother was a young woman who could not care for him. We eagerly agreed, and the day came when our new son was given to us, Uriel. Then we found out he was magic. Uriel was a muggleborn wizard, it turned out. He was moving his toys around the room by himself before he was a year old. We were even more delighted, and it seemed like luck was even more on our side the following year, because I got pregnant. It was completely unexpected and out of the blue, but we were more than happy. And even happier when we were told it was twins! A boy and a girl, born perfectly healthy halfbloods. We named them Jessamine and Tobias, and our family seemed complete. Then, just two years ago, Garrett and I met Eleazar and Althea. They had been abandoned at a young age; Eleazar was only six, and Althea just one. Neither could remember their parents or whether they were magical or not, but it was clear both of the half siblings were. Eleazar had managed to avoid getting by hit by any cars while running through rush hour traffic, and Althea made her toys come to her. We figured we should take them in; they were so young, and we would be able to deal with two magical children better than a muggle family. They fit in just fine with their new siblings, though things did tend to get a bit crazy with five kids. But all good times must come to an end, right? My sister and her husband were killed in a freak accident this year, and we found ourselves as the new parents of their young daughter, Violante.

Vile things have been happening recently. There was that circus where dark wizards attacked, for one. I managed to get Garrett to take the kids and go, but I had to stay to look after the wounded. It was terrifying, but I managed until the Ministry arrived. 40 minutes late. I was furious. How could they take so long? Children were fighting and people were dropping like flies! And there was Uriel's second year, where some group of lunatics decided to try and cull the muggleborn population of Hogwarts and he fell asleep and would not wake up. Thankfully, he woke up at the end of the year, so I didn't have to hunt down some people and put the fear of a mother's anger into them. Then the following year there was that festival... a group of rogue vampires decided to feast on the attenders. Gare went to look for Jess and Toby, and was tortured by a vampire while trying to protect them. I found him before it was too late, thank goodness, but it took him a while to get back on his feet. I don't ever want to see him lying there broken on the ground again.

This past summer Eleazar and Althea went out for the day. Only Eleazar came home. My daughter is dead, and it hurts even more than when I lost Bellamy. My little girl is gone, my sweet Thea. She was her da's little imp, and now she'll never sit on his shoulder again, or dance around in the kitchen singing. I'll never look out the window to see her playing with Violante ever again. Eleazar knows who killed her. He witnessed it. He watched his sister die, but he won't say anything about, and I worry that if we press too hard he'll snap, though it's so hard for me not to try to demand it out of him. I just want to know who took her from us, even if we never find them, even if I never get to watch them pay for what they did to us.

Eleazar was turned into a vampire, which he claims was of his own free will. I can't even begin to... I love my son, and I always will, but I can't pretend to be happy that he's dead. At least he seems happier than any of us have seem him in a long time. Additionally, my Jess just got engaged. I still think of her as a child, so of course I was stunned, but she's thrilled about it, and her fiance, Dori, is a good boy.

Toby got his longtime girlfriend Ronna pregnant, married her, and made me a grandmother, all in rapid succession. I think I'm still reeling from it. I'll never forgive him for having someone call me 'Gran' before I'm even fifty, but Talia, or Tally, as everyone's already calling her... Well, I'm very pleased she's my first grandchild.

Jess is now married as well, and I'm a grandmother of two with the addition of Toby and Ronna's second daughter, Tara. What possessed them to get pregnant just a few months after their first, I'll never know, but at least everything went smoothly.

I enjoy healing, reading mystery novels, baking, being with my family, and plays.

I despise bad hygiene, ridiculous prejudices, abuse, uncaring people, and senseless violence.

I'm afraid of my family dying, and leaving me all alone.

My strengths are figuring out what ails people and solving family disputes.

My flaws are being in terrible moods sometimes and not listening enough when my kids are trying to tell me something.

I look like this.

My wand is a laurel wood wand, 13 and 3/4 inches, flexible, with a unicorn hair tail core.

My pet is a barn owl, named Alban.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Potions - O
Transfiguration - E
Charms - E
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
Herbology - O
Astronomy - A
Healing - O
Divination - E
Care of Magical Creatures - E
Muggle Studies - A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Potions - O
Charms - E
Herbology - O
Healing - O
Care of Magical Creatures- E
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
Transfiguration - E
((Special permission obtained from Violet the Maestro and Diamond Wales to add in Transfig as an OWL and NEWT))

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My sister's husband was not fond of muggleborns or halfbloods, though my sister never shared his...opinions. I never liked him. Okay, I really didn't like him. As in, I punched him in the face when he was seventeen. I assure you, the snake started it.

NPCed  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm
Hi, my name is Garrett Lucan Walsh

But I mostly go by Gare.

I'm a male.

I'm 48 years old.

My birthday is December 10th, 1984.

I work in a muggle hospital, I'm a doctor, well, emergency room surgeon specifically.

My dream job is a doctor.

My blood status is muggle.

I was in the class of 2002.

I'm interested in Cora, obviously.

I'm currently with my wife and best friend/worst nightmare (I'm joking), Cora.

I may seem overly formal and emotionless but I'm really funny and a bit immature.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of a joker. I have an immature steak, and I can act more like a teenage boy then a grown man sometimes. I do have my own serious side, which is shown when I'm at work and lives are at stake. I'm an excellent actor, if I do say so myself. Good thing I have the killer looks to match. (This is usually the part where my wife tells me to stop bragging and leave the nice people alone.) I'm pretty reliable, and very loyal to those I care about. I have to admit, I'm not nearly as hardworking as my wife when I'm not actually at the hospital. I'm more than content to just play with my kids. All six of them. Er, yes. I have six kids.

My background story is I was born in a small village in Ireland. My mother took off when I was still a little kid, and my da wasn't the best father. He was always getting fired from his work, and we moved around a lot, always staying in Ireland though. I was determined to prove I was more than the son of my parents, so I worked my arse off and got good grades. I figured out I wanted to be a doctor when I started volunteering at the local hospital. I got into a pretty good university, and then I met Cora. I knew she was different from the moment I met her. I could never figure out what it was about her, but whatever it was drew me closer. She was so warm and caring towards others, and she actually tolerated my immaturity and jokes. I knew that she was the one after a few months of dating. After years of letters back and forth (I saved almost every one), I did ask her to marry me. And.... She said no. I was in shock. This wasn't how it was supposed to work out. I loved her. In every movie, every book, the girl always says yes. But not in my real life. We both went our separate way, each nursing a broken heart. Until a few years later, where after one chance meeting, long discussion, and upside down kiss (it was bloody awesome if you must know), I asked again. She said yes this time. I may or may not have started crying. Because you know, I was finally engaged. and my fiancee was a witch. All those times she could have hexed me for making bad jokes... That's some self control, right there. ANYWAYS, we got married when we were both twenty five. Then came the trouble.

Cora was having problems having kids. Every doctor and healer (?) we went to see told us it was going to be really hard, if not near impossible. She was shocked. I was shocked. We both blamed ourselves, but tried to move on. After contacting an adoption agency, we found ourselves a newborn son, Uriel. His parents were definitely muggles, like me, so imagine my surprise when I walked into his room to see him him getting his toys by himself. Without using his hands. After having a mild panic attack, Cora and I realized he must be a muggleborn wizard. The next year was a blessing, because Cora found out she was pregnant, shockingly enough. And it was twins. Twins! A boy and a girl, Jessamine and Tobias. It seemed like we now had the perfect family. Then we met Eleazar and Althea. They were brought to the hospital because Althea was almost hit by a car, and her and this older boy were inseparable. They looked nothing alike, but we found out that they were indeed related; half siblings to be specific. They had two different fathers, and their mother had just left one day and never returned. It was hauntingly similar to my own childhood, and then we realized they were magical. Pureblood, halfblood, or muggleborn; they could use magic, plain and simple. We really had no choice but to take them in. I mean, we could take care of them and their magic better than any muggle family, right? So now we had five kids and a whole lot of magic in one house. I sort of got used to the random explosions and sparks flying. God knows how many different kitchen appliances we go through in one year alone. My children like making toasters spontaneously combust, apparently. Then this year, we got one more addition to the family. Cora's sister and her husband died in a freak accident this year, and we now found ourselves as the new parents of our niece, Violante.

Some things are going on in Cora's world. There was that circus where she scared me to death by going off to help the wounded in the magical equivalent of a live battle zone, which she made it out from unharmed, to my relief. There was Uriel's second year, where he fell asleep and didn't wake up until the end of year. Some curse thing or something, I don't know...And then there was the festival, where I managed to attract the attention of some creepy vampire b*tch, sorry Cora, and get tortured in front of my kids. Not my proudest moment. I felt entirely weak and helpless, which I'm not. I cut people open for a living.

This summer we lost Thea. I don't.. really know what to say. I loved that little girl, from the moment we adopted her and got to know her and Eleazar. Now I'm worried I'm losing my son, too. He won't talk about what happened to his sister, he rarely writes us... None of its healthy, and I'm torn between letting him grieve however he wants and dragging him out to a therapist.

Some Nosferatu wannabe turned Eleazar into a vampire. Just when I thought things couldn't get any... I'm not sure if 'worse' is the word to use here. He claims he's much happier now, and I don't even.... At least my son is still my son, is all I can say. In brighter news, Jessie's engaged, and I look forward to cheerfully threatening her husband to be with a scalpel the next time I see him.

Toby made me a granddad! Little b*****d. Him, not the baby, that is. He and Ronna didn't waste any time tying the knot. I'd be more annoyed about it, but they're good to each other and the baby, and I have always wanted a little grandkid of my own.

Jessie got married, much to my dismay/joy, and Ronna had her and my idiot, but well meaning son's second child, another little lass, Zatara. ...I said I wouldn't joke about the name, but... Cora and I were merciful with 'Tobias' and 'Jessamine', compared to that.

I enjoy helping people, playing with my kids, my wife's baking, date night (well, when we still had time for a date night), and movies.

I despise seeing hurt children, messes, being looked down on by magical folk, anyone who messes with my family, and bullies.

I'm afraid of not being able to protect my family.

My strengths are understanding and relating to my kids and cheering up my wife.

My flaws are not knowing when to shut up (according to my wife and kids), and jumping to conclusions.

I look like this handsome lad.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have some skill on the guitar. And there was a time (long, long ago) when I may have been in a band. That resided in my garage. Don't judge.

NPCed  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm
Hi, my name is Uriel Adair Scott

I'm a male.

I'm 23 years old.

My birthday is March 15th, 2010.

I work in Artefact Accidents at St. Mungo's, training to be a Healer.

My dream job is a healer, like my mum.

My blood status is muggleborn.

The house I was in was Hufflepuff.

I was in the class of 2028.

I'm interested in er, girls.

I'm currently with no one.

I may seem constantly exasperated, unenthusiastic, and overly serious but I'm really sensible. I generally have good judgment and I think I'm a pretty reasonable person. I tend to be down to earth; practical and realistic. I'm horrible at glossing things over or covering things up anyways. I try my best to be approachable to other people, though I don't always succeed. Above all, I'm reliable. I rarely let people down or don't do what I promised I would. I'm known for being consistent with both what I say and what I do, even if it makes me very predictable. I've always been mature, even from when I was a child. I try to take things in stride and roll with the punches, but I still get tripped up by things that bother me sometimes. I refuse to let myself slack off on anything I do, and I know I'm smart, but I still have to work hard to understand things and to get things done. I genuinely want to help other people, and I enjoy doing so, but I can't stand being taken advantage of or used as a doormat by people who think they can get away with it. I've never been someone who's extremely outgoing or needs a lot of friends, but knowing I have people to support me and back me up if need be is nice. I can be sort of brave, or at least defensive of the people and the issues I care about. I'm not afraid to stand up to other people, but I don't really enjoy it.

My background story is well, my mum was really young when she had me, and my da wasn't really father material. So I was given up for adoption when I was baby. then my parents, my real parents, adopted me. My mum is a witch and my da is a muggle. They're probably the best parents out there, at least in my opinion. I mean, they somehow manage to take care of six kids and not go insane. I'm the oldest, so sometimes I help out a bit with the younger kids. I'd do anything for my family, no matter what. We live in Evesham, and it's great. I always knew I had magic, and my mum explained everything to me when I was a little kid. My first big magical act was blowing up a toaster. I don't think my da has forgiven me yet, years later. This year when I got my letter on my birthday it was expected, unlike it is for most muggleborn witches and wizards, but I was still really excited about it. I can't wait to actually go. Getting away from all my siblings for a while will be nice too.

School Years:
My first year was pleasant enough. Everything was so new, and I spent a lot of time just studying and in class. I was sorted into Hufflepuff, no big surprise there, and it's really nice. Everyone is so friendly and happy all the time. I'm not sure that I quite fit in yet, having not really found a group of friends, but I'm patient. Everything will come in due time. Of course I'll be dealing with Jess and Toby next year. Let's hope they don't scar Hogwarts forever or anything.

Well, I didn't really have a second year. I actually fell asleep in the beginning of the year and didn't wake up until the end. It was a little unreal. So much time wasted away... It'd be depressing if I thought about it too much, but now that I've seen just how fast time flies, I'm determined to make the most out of everything. The Daily Prophet is going on about it being some crazy plot by dark wizards, but no one really knows for sure. My family definitely freaked, though.

My third year was... better. Some bad stuff happened, like that festival where Da got hurt...no one really wants to talk about that, though, but Jess and Toby saw it happen... Jess made me stay up with her and sit in front of the Common Room fire and just tell her stories until two in the morning for a few weeks afterward. Then she'd finally fall asleep. And Toby... he kind of shut down for a little while, though he tried to hide it from his friends. Also, they found some boy's body in the dungeons... I have no clue what that was about. I wonder what the cause of death was? Anyways, I kind of have friends now! Well, a friend. Claire is nice. As a friend, I mean. Not that I don't think she's not nice, like in any other ways, but I- you know what I mean! She's nice.

My fourth year was significantly calmer. Claire lost her parents and her younger sister over the summer, so I just tried to be there for her, I guess. I didn't really know what to say. And Liv Catlin pretty much had a breakdown in front of me in the Owlery, about her dad, a right b*****d if you ask me... So yeah. A lot of crying girls. Next year is OWLS, oh joy, so I really have to try and focus on my studies and not get wrapped up in other stuff... but that doesn't mean I can't pretend that I have the slightest chance with the girl I like.

My fifth year was studying. That was pretty much all I did. I practically lived on the library. I didn't see much of Claire, which was a shame. But I did well enough on my OWLs, I hope, anyways.

I bit the proverbial bullet and asked Claire out at the very beginning of my sixth year, and to my pretty ecstatic relief she actually said yes. I just can't believe I'm dating someone, since I've never really been one for flirting or romance. But Claire was my first crush, anyways, so I suppose it all makes sense. The year was fairly quiet and relaxing with no OWLs or NEWTs to worry about. I'll save all that anxiety for next year.

Over the summer my youngest sister, Thea, died. I spent most of the summer at home, trying to help out as best I could. It was very disarming to see my parents so shaken, especially my mum. She's always been my hero, so to see her bow down under the weight of something like this was unnerving. That said, I'm extremely relieved to be going back to school for my seventh year, if just to get away from all the memories at home.

My seventh year was uneventful, other than me obsessively studying for my NEWTs. It's not wrong to want to ensure I can get the job I've been working towards, though I do wish I'd maybe enjoyed myself a bit more my final year... I was Head Boy, though, and while it wasn't necessarily "fun", I was proud of it. It all went by very quickly, and now I've graduated.

I'm hoping to be accepted to start my training as a Healer as soon I get things sorted out and can get an application in. I can't really move out until I get a job, after all, and I don't want to live at home any longer than I have to.

As it turns out, I was accepted, which was great, because I really needed some good news. Claire and I decided to break things off, after about two years of dating. There was no huge fight, nobody cheated on anyone, we're just... different people than we were. And it's okay. Really. I'm sort of shocked with myself that I'm not freaking out more. I'm not mad or bitter just... down about things. That's why it'll be good to start training so I'll have something to throw myself into wholeheartedly.

I reconnected with Lyv, and Jess is ENGAGED. Bloody hell, way to make me feel ancient.

Lyv and I started dating, Toby got his girlfriend pregnant and married her, and now I'm an uncle. So. That's been a thing. Tally's pretty cute, I have to admit, even if my brother's still an idiot, just an idiot, ridiculously happy dad now.

Jess got married to her boyfriend, Toby had another kid because he's completely mad, and I moved in with Lyv.

I enjoy reading, being with my siblings (sometimes), muggle movies, and helping out others.

I despise bullies, seeing people hurt, getting sick, violence, and liars.

I'm afraid of ending up unwanted and unloved.

My strengths are dealing with children and making sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to.

My flaws are I can be easily misled and tricked and I tend to concentrate on the details too much and not see the whole picture.

I look like this.

My wand is an English oak wood wand, 10 and 1/4 inches, griffin hair core, strong but supple, good at transfiguring.

My pet is a rabbit named Honey. (I let Jess name her. Worst. Mistake. Of my life.)

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE
Alchemy ~ A
Ancient Studies ~ EE
Arithmancy ~ A
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ EE
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ EE
World Studies ~ EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~EE
Herbology ~O
History ~EE
Potions ~EE
Transfiguration ~EE
Ancient Studies ~A
Cursebreaking ~A
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~A
Healing ~O
Study of Ancient Runes ~A
World Studies ~A
((Special permission obtained from Violet the Maestro and Diamond Wales for Transfig score to be an EE))

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
I sometimes wish I could know my birth parents, even though they didn't want me.

Married; moved to Scott thread  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 pm
Hi, my name is Jessamine Cathlin Walsh

But I mostly go by Jess.

I'm a woman, obviously.

I'm 21 years old.

My birthday is June 26th, 2011.

I work as a spell inventor.

My dream job is a spell inventor.

My blood status is halfblood.

The house I was in was Hufflepuff.

I was in the class of 2029.

I'm interested in guys.

I'm currently with Dorian Xanders.

I may seem annoyingly nosy, competitive to the extreme, very, very social, and far too loud for someone so small but I'm really all that and more! I've been told I can overbearing- sort of domineering and always wanting things to go my way, but I know when to dial it back. I'm competitive in that I'd love to be great at everything, even though I'm obviously not. Generally, I'm still a graceful loser, though. Most of the time. There's always next time. I'm very fond of company, and I like being around other people in general. There's nothing I like more than talking with others, and I've always wanted to have a large group of friends. I am loud, but I feel like I have to make myself heard. It's not in me to be meek and unassuming. I want to be noticed, to be appreciated. Growing up in a large family, and as a twin, drilled that into me, that you're not always going to be noticed as someone apart from the crowd unless you force people to see you that way.

My background story is I was born the second oldest of six. I had two sisters and three brothers, and I always liked to think of myself as the informal leader of the women in the family. Anyways, we always lived in Evesham, in a sort of organized chaos. I do love my family, and I've always been close with them all, even my twin, Toby. Despite him being really annoying, especially as a kid. Besides Toby, there's was our older brother Uriel, and the younger ones, Eleazar, Vio, and little Thea. I could never wait to go to Hogwarts and be known for myself, not my family. I wanted to make sure everyone knew my name

School Years:
Okay, first year was super cool until Uriel had to go and ruin it by passing out on me and not waking up. FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. I was worried sick, and the idiot wasn't even really ill! He was just sleeping! Whatever. Deep, calming breaths, Jess. Breathe. Ugh. Still, it was a pretty good year. I'm totally excited for this summer!

Second year was... okay, I guess. There was that body Gypsy and Jer found in the Dungeons (those are my friends, by the way), and that's totally creepy and scary, and then there was the Festival. Yeah. Um.. some bad stuff happened. Not to me or Toby... but to Da. And I don't really wanna talk about it. I'm just glad he made out okay, and I never want anything like that to happen again. Anyways... the rest of the year was fine. Everyone's fine. I can't wait to get to take electives next year, though! It's gonna be so much fun!

Third year sucked. Terren died. Our quidditch captain, Dhylan, committed suicide. We lost every game, and I was the seeker. What does that say about me? I'm about to turn 14, and I'm still short as a stump and flat as a board. Gypsy looks like she could be 16 when she wears makeup. I look like a clown. I'm really, really trying to stay positive about things. But it's hard. It's so hard sometimes. I just want summer. Summer is always fun.

Fourth year was okay. I sorta had a mini meltdown in the girl's loo, but Gypsy found me and cheered me up. We actually won a game! I beat Slytherin's seeker, and she's a seventh year! Gypsy was acting kinda weird this year, and I figured it was 'cause of her boyfriend, Daniel. He was nice enough but I don't think he was her type. I wonder when Jer will work up the nerve to ask her out. She dumped Daniel, anyways. Uriel and Mum seem to think Toby and I need to start growing up, or whatever. God, we're only about to turn fifteen. You'd think they could just lay off it for a bit.

I was made a prefect for my fifth year, which was a shocker, but not exactly a bad thing. It's kind of fun, getting to boss the younger kids around and all. I also decided that I want to- no, I'm going to become an animagus. I always wanted to be special, and what's more special than being able to transform into an animal? It'll take a lot of hard work, but I really want it. Also, Jer and Gypsy got together, as did Toby and Ronna (lord knows why she settled for him, though). All my ships, they are a-sailin'. Anyways. I took my OWLs, aced them, naturally, okay, not really, but I'm not ashamed of any of my grades, though Uriel practically had a fit when he saw the T I worked so hard to get in Wandlore Studies. What a stupid class.

Thea died over the summer, and... and I just don't want to talk about it. I stayed with Gypsy most of the time. We went to the beach and got drunk and hung out in arcades and went shopping and even were each other's dates to a wedding and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life, in a terrible way.

Sixth year was interesting. I even went to the Yule Ball- well, I got asked, by an underclassman, Dorian Xanders. Forget pride, I was flattered. We're friends, but I figured he didn't see me as much else. Now... I think he may have a crush on me. Which I am totally not opposed to, for the record. I don't care if he's two years younger. He's cute and he makes me feel good about myself. I don't know if it's just a passing thing, though. After all, I'll be gone after next year. I don't want to make a move if he's about to get over me. I also discovered my animagus form- a hummingbird, which makes sense, as they're supposed to be the same as your patronus. But the best part is that now I really have wings of my own.

The summer after sixth year I helped Dori sneak out of his house by tricking his parents into thinking we were going to study. We went to the movies instead. It wasn't really a 'date' but I really enjoyed it.

My seventh year was pretty good, but I felt like everything went by way too fast. On the train I eavesdropped- don't give me that look- on Dori talking to his brother, and found out he was a werewolf. And that his crush on me was like. Big time serious. I was freaking out more about the crush thing than him being a werewolf, because by that point I kind of seriously liked him back like that, too.

I also stalked Eleazar to find up what the hell was going on with him, and maybe I shouldn't have pried, because I found out his dad, his biological dad, is some lunatic who tracked him down and ended up murdering Thea. That's where he was last summer- with his dad, who pretty much abducted him until he managed to get the hell out of dodge. He refuses to tell Mum and Da because he thinks they'll lose it, but I think he's about to lose it. That kind of stress can't be healthy, right? So he told me all about his grand solution for all of this- he won't go to the Ministry because he says he has no actual proof, and he's afraid of what his dad might do if he heard about it, so his greattttt plan is to- brace yourself- become a vampire.

No. No, I'm not joking around. Why would I joke about this? He literally thinks if he's a vampire, he'll get out from under his dad's thumb because he'll basically be dead, he'll be super strong and way more powerful than he'd ever be as a human, and he'll have the clan or coven or whatever they're called or whoever turned him to back him up. For a smart kid, I think that's pretty stupid, but I promised I wouldn't tell, and this seems to give him hope. I don't want him to lose that. I really don't, because I'm afraid what he might do if he loses that hope.

While trying to deal with that s**t load, I also confessed to Dori that I knew that he was a werewolf, and about his feelings, and... told him about mine. We ended up snogging. It was amazing, even if I had to like jump to reach him because he's so tall and I'm so.... vertically challenged. Now we're going out, and even though I've graduated this year, I'm just really happy about the whole thing. I like having a boyfriend, and I really like that my boyfriend is him.

As for Quidditch, it was my final year as seeker, and Hufflepuff won both cups! I even beat out Kenny fecking Lowery for the snitch in a game against Slytherin.

I'm moving out on my own, and I think I want to be a spell inventor. We'll see how that goes, yeah?

In recent news, Lea went through with his 'great plan', is now part of Blood Drinkers Anonymous, and I'm engaged to Dori. Life's looking pretty good.

Holy crap. I'm getting married this coming spring, and now I'm an aunt. Toby married Ronna over the summer, Tally was born in September. I think she looks more like Ronna, which means I'll have to be warning off blokes by the time she's a teenager before my twin sets a dragon or two on them. And Gypsy's about to have her baby, too. Can't say I'm not the teeniest bit jealous...

I enjoy singing, flying, talking, hanging out with friends and family, and competing. In anything.

I despise being ignored, getting hurt, fights, rumors, and boring people.

I'm afraid of going my whole life invisible.

My strengths are Charms, and getting people to open up.

My flaws are my tendency to mock others and being a bit selfish sometimes.

I look like this awesome chick.

My wand is a pixie wings, walnut, 10 1/2 inches, springy, tiny intricate details carved all over the shaft .

My pet is a half kneazle named Tova

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ P
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ A
History of Magic ~ D
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ A
Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
Cooking with Magic ~ EE
Divination ~ P
Music ~ EE
Wandless Magic ~ EE
Wandlore Studies ~ T

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms ~O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~A
Transfiguration ~A
Care of Magical Creatures ~A
Cooking with Magic ~O
Music ~EE
Wandless Magic ~EE

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
I may seem super confident and a bit full of myself, but I actually have a lot of insecurities.
Animagus

Married, moved to Xanders thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm
Hi, my name is Tobias Philemon Walsh

But I mostly go by Toby.

I'm a guy.

I'm 24 years old.

My birthday is June 26th, 2011.

I work in the Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau.

My dream job is something to do with dragons.

My blood status is halfblood.

The house I was in was Gryffindor.

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with Veronica Kiss-Walsh.

I may seem fun loving, an immature joker, on the sly side, a bit too bold for my own good at times, and slightly wild but I'm really pretty much that, and some other stuff. I like to enjoy myself, and I often don't think about the consequences of my actions until it's too late. I can be very immature, and okay, sure, some of my jokes are a little... inappropriate. I like playing tricks on people, though I also like to think I've outgrown at least some of that. But yeah, sometimes I do like having a laugh at the expense of others. Hey, usually they deserve it. I'm generally not mean spirited or rude, but I can get carried away and I do have a temper. I have a good handle on it, but I'll snap at times. I've never cared what anyone else thought of me, and I've never been afraid to say what's on my mind. What's the point of living if you go through life too scared to speak up for yourself?

My background story is I was born the third eldest of six kids. well, technically, second eldest, as I have a twin sister, but Jess is 15 minutes older than me. Believe me, she never lets me forget it. We lived in Evesham, with our mum and da. I had a pretty good childhood, I guess. We weren't rich, but we weren't poor either, which was lucky, being a family of eight and all.. The oldest is Uriel, then after us twins is Eleazar, then Vio, and finally little Thea. Actually, only Jess, Vio, and I are related to my parents by blood. Jess and I are their birth children, and Vi is their niece and our cousin. Her parents died when she was very small, so now we're her family. Uriel, Eleazar, and Thea were adopted. Eleazar and Thea were half siblings. I couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts so I could get away from my parents's watchful eyes and do whatever I wanted. It didn't quite work like that...

School Years:
My first year was pretty awesome, except for Uriel falling into a coma for the entire year. Consequently, the year wasn't as carefree as I would have liked, since I had to worry about my stupid brother, plus my crazy stupid sister. Seriously, Jess went ballistic when he woke. She nearly gave him a black eye. I had to hold her back. But yeah. Hogwarts is soooo wicked. I can't wait to go back.

Second year was alright. Besides the dead body in the dungeons. And all those people being killed by vampires at the festival. And Da getting tortured by a vampire in front of me and Jess. And us not being able to do anything but run away. Yeah. I made second reserve beating and put a with a bunch of crap from Ronna Kiss about not taking the position seriously. Let's just say summer could not come quicker.

Third year was okay. Still got reserve beater, but I was cool with it. Ronna Kiss tried make amends... it's better than fighting with her, I guess. Jess got a bit weird a few times this year... typical girl insecurity stuff. Her friend Terren passed away, so that was sad. Things got busy, because of electives and all that rubbish. I can't wait to finally be able to relax over the summer.

Fourth year was... meh. Went to class, fooled around, same old routine. Jess seemed depressed- I guess, don't look at me like that! I'm her twin, not her mind reader. But I think she cheered up after Gypsy gave her a pep talk or something like that. Finally made the Quidditch team for real, though!

Fifth year was- well, I was made a prefect, so there was that. Prefect with Ronna, of course. That made things a bit more... awkward. To cut a super long story very short, we're now dating. I'm still not entirely sure how that happened. I mean, I asked her out. Because I kissed her again. After she kissed me. We snogged a lot. It was pretty awesome. I did as expected on my OWLs.

Thea died this summer... so I spent a lot of time at Ronna's place. I didn't want to be home much. It made me nervous. For the first time ever I was relieved for summer to be over.

Sixth year was alright. Got made vice captain of the quidditch team, though I think everyone was surprised Crash picked me and not Ronna. I really hope she doesn't quit the team; she's our best beater, and she is my girlfriend, after all. Mum's been bugging me to let her meet her. I'm not sure how that will go, so I've been trying to put it off without offending anyone. Ronna and I went to the Yule Ball... we didn't stay all that long, though. You know. Broom closets to find.

My seventh year was good. I was team captain of the Quidditch team, and though we definitely didn't win the cup, I was glad to be their captain. Course, the whole house got a huge lecture on underage drinking because some people can't stay sober at school (coughcoughTheoandAlecoughcough). That was annoying, especially because I'd had to confiscate Alec's freaking flask and turn into a pissed off Head of House. But the rest of the year was alright.

Ronna and I are still together, and we're going to move in together right after graduation, I think. We both want to work in the Ministry, anyways. Should be interesting. I just hope Mum and Da don't give me crap about moving in with my girlfriend.

WELL JESS GOT ENGAGED AND LEA'S TECHNICALLY DEAD NOW. So. Things have been... interesting. Thank God Ronna and I are sane compared to the rest of these lunatics.

Sh*t. I jinxed things. I knocked Ronna up when we both went home drunk the night of Gypsy and Jer's wedding. At least Ronna and Gypsy got to be pregnant together? Right? I thought Mum and Da were gonna kill us, but things worked out pretty good. We got married over the summer, and now... I'm a dad. I'm an actual dad, with a baby girl. Her name's Talia, but I've called her Tally since the first time I held her. She's beautiful. Just like her mum.

So maybeeeee we did something slightly mad and decided to have another kid not even a year after our first. But hey, at least they'll get to be in the same year at Hogwarts. And I wouldn't give up Tara for the world.

I enjoy pulling off pranks, learning more about dragons, causing trouble, Quidditch, and being with my friends and family.

I despise overly serious people, rule sticklers, ridiculous rules, people who will rat you out to give themselves a lift up the ladder, and boring people and things.

I'm afraid of being publicly ostracized and mocked.

My strengths are ingenious plans and my acting skills.

My flaws are getting too carried away and being insensitive of others.

I look like this. Pretty handsome, I know.

My wand is a dragon heartstring, hawthorn wood, 13 inches, surprisingly flexible, bent shaft .

My pet is a frog named Jude

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~P
Charms ~EE
DADA ~O
Herbology ~A
History of Magic ~D
Potions ~A
Transfiguration ~EE
Care of Magical Creatures ~O
Cursebreaking ~A
Divination ~D
Music ~EE
Wandless Magic ~A
Wandlore Studies ~T

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms ~A
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~O
Transfiguration ~EE
Care of Magical Creatures ~O
Cursebreaking~ A
Music ~EE
Wandless Magic ~A

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm actually fiercely protective of Jess, and sometimes treat her like the younger twin.

NPCed  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:20 pm
Hi, my name is Eleazar Draven Bradley

I'm a male.

I am a vampire, turned by Christopher "Jedi" Whitethorne of the Dragon Clan.

My special power is psychometry.

I'm 35 years old, but look around 16.

My birthday is August 17th, 2013.

I work as a potioneer.

My dream job is a potioneer.

My blood status is halfblood. My dad's an insane pureblood. My mum is a Hogwarts dropout who lives as a muggle.

The house I was in was Ravenclaw.

I was in the class of 2031.

I'm interested in asexual.

I'm currently with ....you have to be kidding me.

I may seem socially awkward, clumsy, very quiet, and a bit odd but I'm really that and some other things, I guess. I've never been good with people, and I tend to keep my mouth shut, rather than end up putting my foot in it. I can't stand small talk, and my introductions... never seem to go well. When I was young my magic always seemed to act up at the worst possible times, and I'm still always a bit nervous and on edge, especially in public. I guess I'm a nerd; I've always loved reading, and studying, and I always did very well in school, even if I never really made any friends. I used to be embarrassed about it, but as I matured I've accepted it as part of who I am. I can't change myself, no matter how much I might want to. I tend to be very self conscious, and somewhat easily aggravated, though I think I'm a lot steadier now than I ever was a kid.

My background story is until I was six, I lived with my mum. She wasn't the greatest. She'd leave me and my half sister, Thea, alone for a long time and sometimes not give us dinner or anything. We lived in a really rundown neighborhood in London, and there always a lot of crime. I used to get really scared about someone coming and hurting us while she was gone. She had a lot of boyfriends, and Thea and I have two different dads. We never met them, and she didn't like to talk about it too much. I think sometimes she really regretted having us. But she wasn't too horrible. She never hit us or anything, and she wasn't all that bad. But one day she left and never came home. I still don't know what happened to her, but I think she just got tired of having to take care of us. So I took Thea with me, and we started living on the streets. Though a few weeks later, I almost got hit by a car while trying to run across a busy road, and Thea and I were taken to the hospital. They thought I might be hurt or something. We met Garrett, well Da now, there, and then he saw my and her magic. I had no idea other people could do magic too, I thought it was just us. Now it's time for me to go to Hogwarts, which I'm not exactly looking forward to. I don't want to leave my parents and my sisters still at home. I'm really close with Thea and Vi, and I dunno how Thea will react to being left alone by family. Again.

School Years:
My first year was pretty good. I didn't make any friends, but I don't mind. I don't really need much company, though I wish Thea could have been here. The twins were so busy with school stuff that they didn't have time to bother me much. I especially like the library. There's just so much to read... I'll probably never get through all of it. And the classes are all good, except maybe Flying. I'm almost excited to go back next year, though I didn't think I would be.

Second year was boring. I'm looking forward to electives next year. Still no friends. Still don't really care. There's not that much to say about it.

The summer before third year I met my father. I already hate him. He thinks I'm his "heir" or some crock like that, but I never asked for any of it. I didn't want his blood, despite how highly he thinks of it. I don't want him. I have a father. I have a da. But in all seriousness, Roald terrifies me, and I don't know what he'll do if I don't do as he says.

I spent third year in a state of paranoid anxiety, barely ate anything, but saw my grades soar higher than ever. Lots of studying motivation when you're trying to get your mind off things. The boggart in DADA nearly made me sick to my stomach with worry. I just wanted to go home, but I'm a bit afraid to. What if he knows where I live, who I live with?

He murdered Thea, and I can never tell anyone. My little sister. My best friend. I can't even tell our parents what their daughter's last words were, whether she died terrified or not. It hurts so much I can't even breathe half the time, but at the same time I'm not as scared anymore. I feel like the fear's steadily being replaced with this cold, hard sort of rage, filling in the cracks. I don't like it, but I'm not as bothered by it as I should be.

My fourth year was... I don't know. I definitely slacked in terms of grades. I attended class when I felt like it. I'd never done anything like that before. It felt really good. Hogwarts is a reprieve from being at home and worrying about Roald coming after me or my family. Things with them are already shaken because of Thea dying and me refusing to talk about the how or why. I'm pretty sure they think I need counseling.

The summer before my fifth year Roald showed up. At the house. I almost had a panic attack, but I left a note saying I was basically running away and left with him. I thought that was for the best. It wasn't. It really wasn't. His idea of being a father was trying to brainwash me into mindlessly going along with whatever he said while torturing me. I had to ask permission to sleep and eat. At the end of the summer he slipped up and I managed to get my wand back. I stunned him and ran for it.

Jess cornered me my fifth year, and I broke down and told her mostly everything. She freaked, but I talked her into not telling Mum and Da. That's the last thing I need right now. They'd probably pull me out of school. I have a plan, anyways. Obviously I'm not going to hunt Roald down. I'd have no idea how to even do that, and offensive magic isn't exactly my talent. It'd end with him getting fed up and killing me or me probably ending up trapped somewhere. If I was going to kill him I would have after I stunned him, but I can't. I want to but I don't think I'd be able to do it. I don't- I'm not like him. I can't do it. I want to so much but I can't. It probably makes me pathetic. I'm sort of beyond caring right now. Anyways, the plan is- well, he can't have an heir if I'm dead, can he? And I can't kill myself- it'd destroy my parents. They'd blame themselves. But I can be something in between...can't I? It has to work. It has to.

My sixth year was... better, surprisingly. I'm a vampire now. So that happened. I ran into a man... boy? named Chris in Hogsmeade in the winter, and convinced him to turn me. Obviously, my condition is going to make school much more difficult, but no one can do anything about it now, which is what I was counting on. I'm depending on Chris, or Jedi, to show me the ropes, but for the first time in a long time I can actually sleep. I feel safer dead than I did alive. Guess it's sort of sad. I sent my mum and da a letter. I don't think they'd want to talk to me right now, and I'm basically moving into the spare room above Whizz Hard in Diagon. At least I have a place to stay. And Jedi's wife, Ada, is really nice. They even have kids, twins. I suppose they're half vampires? Still not sure how that works. There was an incident with neo Death Eaters while kids were getting on the train to leave this year... I was already gone, but Vio was there. I don't know if I'm going to be forgiven for that, more than anything else.

I didn't really go home the summer before my seventh year... Now I stay in the flat above Chris's dad's publishing place. I guess I should count myself lucky I have a place to stay. My actual seventh year... wasn't that bad, aside from having to do tons of work because of not being able to actually attend any classes during the day. I did about as I expected on my NEWTs. At least I'm done with school now... Hopefully they accept vampire potioneers. They should, right? Grace is one. And... Mum and Da might be not as angry with me? I mean, they let me come over for Christmas. It was really, really tense at first, and everyone was angry besides Jess, but I don't think they hate me.

I'm done with Hogwarts... I think I was a bit relieved by the end of it all. Mum and Da have moved on from being angry with me for technically killing myself to obsessing over Jess's engagement, so that's a plus.

I tracked down my mother. She was a witch. And a Ravenclaw, like me. She's married to a muggle and has another kid. Not sure what her plan is when he starts to show the signs, but I don't really give a s**t. I have other things to worry about. For example, I'm now an uncle. Toby got married and had a kid. Not really sure what to make of that.

...Toby had another kid, Vio's been writing me letters complaining about the Lillantines, and that's about it.

My vampire power (aside from the whole super strength and speed and sense thing), developed. I can 'read' the history of objects by touching them. Greatttttt.

Essentially I used my psychometry to help Balder Borson and co. find out where Roald was, they went off, like complete morons, to try to save Balder's cousin- my half-brother, I guess-, and a bunch of s**t went down. I'm lucky Ada didn't kill me, but then again, what, was I supposed to somehow predict that her brother would act like a mentally deficient five year old and go skipping off to Norway after I specifically told them not to and to contact the Ministry? No. Thank ******** God my father is dead. Small victories.

When my half-brother DJ showed signs of magic, my mother got in contact with me again and asked me to look after him. The plan was to hide his magic from her new husband, Dan. Obviously, that didn't work so well in the long run, and DJ ended up getting thrown out of his own house the summer before his sixth year. But I've been taking him under my 'wing' for a while now, and at least I can say I helped him have a better childhood/adolescence than I ever did. He gets along well with Desi and Zach, which is saying something.

I enjoy learning, studying, reading, puzzles, and football (soccer).

I despise bullies, braggarts, arrogance, stuck up people, and being made fun of.

I'm afraid of losing my family.

My strengths are figuring out problems and remembering small details.

My flaws are being awkward around new people and getting too easily upset over small stuff.

I look like this.

My wand is a hazel wood, demiguise hair core, twelve and 1/2 inches, brittle.

My pet is a goldfish named Zygmunt.

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Alchemy ~O
Astronomy ~A
Care of Magical Creatures ~A
Charms ~A
Cursebreaking ~A
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~A
Herbology ~O
History of Magic ~A
Muggle Mythology ~EE
Mythology ~EE
Potions ~O
Transfiguration ~O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Herbology ~ EE
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Muggle Mythology ~ A
Mythology ~ A

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 pm
Hi, my name is Violante Faye Lillantine

But I mostly go by Vio.

I'm a young woman. Don't be ridiculous.

I'm 23 years old.

My birthday is February 7th, 2017.

I work in the Improper Use of Magic Office. (pending application acceptance)

My dream job is something important.

My blood status is pureblood.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2035.

I'm interested in anyone, so long as I like their personality.

I'm currently with Ivy Bishop.

People can describe me as the perfectly well-mannered. Or close enough, anyways. I'm generally quiet and reserved, but I'm perfectly capable of making polite small talk. I've been told I'm very charismatic, and I'm good at giving out compliments and getting on someone's good side. I'm generally serious, but I do have a sense of humor that reveals itself on occasion. I tend to take the lead in most situations, usually because I have a lot of confidence in my decisions. I'm rarely indecisive or wishy washy about things. I can be impatient with other people and what I see as their failings, which I'm quick to point out to myself. I enjoy seeing through other people's lies, because it makes me feel better about my own insight. When I'm pushed to my limits I can be harsh and brusque with others and even cruel with the way I treat them. I can say very cutting things without thinking, and I tend to be even more irate if I end up regretting what I said. I don't like to sit around and let other people decide things for me, and though I try to appease everyone, at least initially, I'm going to do what's best for me. I can be really secretive, even unnecessarily so, and I've been known to tell little white lies just because I get a kick out of it or don't think the truth is required of me. I have a sentimental streak, and I have a habit of wanting to look out for those I see as weak or in need of help, specifically my help. I'm very respectful towards strangers but I can be too personal with my friends, bringing up things they'd rather not discuss because I'm sure I know best. I'm certain I know best. I try my best to be flexible- no one likes a stubborn idiot who won't budge from their views. Sometimes I can be too flexible, to the point where I don't take full responsibility for my choices or try to shift the blame to anything and anyone but myself. I rarely feel bad about myself and I can be downright snobby and cold in regard to people I dislike, especially behind their backs, because I don't like offending people to their face unless I've lost my temper.

My background story is I was the first and only child of Julius and Bellamy Lillantine. My parents died tragically when I was four, and this really would be a lovely tale of woe if it wasn't for the fact that my father used to hit my mother and I'm fairly sure she was planning on leaving him with me before her untimely death. Make of it what you will. My family hasn't been what I'd call "open" to discussing it. Guardianship of me was left to my mother's older sister, Cora Walsh, and her husband. Cora is a Healer, her husband Garrett is a muggle doctor. I call them Aunt Cora and Uncle Gare, though they've acted as my parents for most of my life. It was a bit of culture shock, going from a large, ornate house with a mother who stayed home full time and a father who worked and was... emotionally distant where my parents spent their time fighting or attempting to take their anger out on each other, to a smaller cottage with parent figures that both worked busy jobs, and had five other children to care for besides me. I had to dis-learn using the word "mudblood" in regular language, and learn how to cope with my new "siblings". I just call them my cousins. The one closest in age to me was Althea- Thea. She was a year younger and never left me alone for more than a minute. At first all she ever did was make me cry, because we were like oil and water, but were close all the same. We rarely agreed on anything, but I loved her like a sister. She died last year. Or, she was murdered. With everyone else at Hogwarts, suddenly I was an only child again with two grieving adults and an empty, hollow house. It was a little too reminiscent of the time leading up to my parent's death. I'm glad to be going to Hogwarts, to be finally leaving home, and to maybe discover some things about myself. Isn't that what people my age do? "Discover their identities?". Though I mean it a little more literally. I want to know more about my parents, about the family that shares my surname, because I'm not a Walsh, even if I was raised as one. I've met this boy- he's probably a man now, Luke, and as it turns out, he's my older half brother. I know enough to know what that means.

My first year was good, though I learned my half brother's in prison for murder. Well, attempted murder. He didn't seem like the murdering type to me. I want to visit him, but I don't know if Aunt Cora and Uncle Gare would let me go. Anyways, I was sorted into Slytherin, just like my parents. It probably sounds like a bad omen, but I wasn't bothered by it. I like being in Slytherin. Some of my house mates are idiots who pick fights for no reason, but I can overlook that for now. I'm trying to make friends with my cousin in my year, Anti. I think she's scared to talk to me because of her brother. Vander doesn't scare me. I'll do what I want.

My second year was fine. Less exciting than my first, because of less newness and such, but still alright. I haven't really made any close friends yet, which is always a concern, but I'm not panicking yet. There's still time. I can't wait to start electives next year, and to learn some serious magic. Vander's as unpleasant as ever, Anti avoids me, same old, same old. Dark wizards attacked at the end of the year, and I got hurt looking for Lea at the station. I never found him, and I have no idea where he is. I'm furious with him for that. But on the other hand... my half brother is out of prison, all charges cleared. He didn't do it. Which is good.

My third year was nice. I made an actual friend; Ivy Bishop from Gryffindor. She's reckless but loyal and I like talking to her and feel like I can trust her and that's really all I require in a friend. The summer before Luke and I went over to the Lillantines for dinner and I actually enjoyed myself for once, because he gave Uncle Callius and Aunt Desdemona what for. Cy started at Hogwarts this year, and was sorted into Slytherin, no surprise there. He might be the sweetest of my cousins, but that doesn't mean his bite's any less. Oh, and Lea is a vampire, as it turns out. That made for an interesting Christmas holiday. Oh, and Jess got engaged the summer before my fourth year.

My fourth year went very well, all in all. Ivy and I told one another how we felt, and now we're girlfriend and girlfriend. I quite like having a girlfriend. We went to the Valentine's Masquerade the school put on together. I'm not looking forward to NEWTs next year, of course, but there's no sense in worrying over it. The summer was... let's just say I'm going to kill Cyrus. But oh, I'm technically an aunt now.

My fifth year mostly consisted of my prefect duties, studying for OWLs, and keeping an eye on Cyrus. He killed Anti's owl over the summer, and my aunt and uncle might be in denial, but I'm not. Something's going to have to be done about him, eventually. But for now I'm content to be happy with Ivy and finish my last two years in school. Vander will be graduating next year, and him and Wendy can get married and have no doubt deeply disturbed children. Oh, and Toby and Ronna had another baby right before I had to go back to school. Zatara, they're calling her. Very odd, if you ask me.

My sixth year was fine, I suppose. Nothing of note happened. I'm still dating Ivy. I got word that Jess was expecting right after the school year began, and the baby is supposedly due around the time I'll be coming home. Anti and I are a bit closer. She's not going home again after this year, thank the gods. I'll do my best to keep my aunt and uncle off her trail. Vander sucked up his pride and asked me to be his 'best woman', essentially, because he has no friends, at his wedding in July. I gave in and agreed. It will infuriate Callius and Desdemona, anyways.

My seventh year was rather relaxed. I studied obsessively for my NEWTs, and was pleased with my results. Ivy and I are still going out. Anti is happy for once in her life. Vander has to deal with a screaming newborn, and now that I'm graduating, keeping an eye on Cyrus is no longer my problem. I learned some unpleasant truths about my parents, but there's nothing to do until I can find out more.

Well, Callius is dead, Vander and Anti have been revealed to be bastards due to my father and Aunt Desdemona's indiscretions, and Cyrus is heir. I'm not sure if this is all wonderful, or all terrible. Either way, I'm going to find a way to get control of the family money and name back from Cyrus. We can't have a complete madman running whatever is left of the Lillantines into the ground.

I enjoy being with my cousins/siblings, even if we're not always that close, and we certainly don't always get along, getting compliments from people, looking my best, lively conversations, and reading books, especially mysteries and stories set in history.

I despise getting myself dirty, getting into trouble/being reprimanded by adults, when people start yelling, being pitied, and being told I like "just like my mother".

I'm afraid of being the sole survivor of my entire family.

My strengths are keeping things hidden, both physical objects and things I'd rather not reveal, and knowing when actions speak louder than words.

My flaws are saying cruel things without fully thinking it through and telling lies out of a force of habit.

I look like this.

My wand is a decorated shaft, flexible, rowan, 12 and 1/4 inches, with a hippogriff feather core.

My pet is an owl named Balthazar.

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ P
History of Magic ~ P
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ O
Art ~ EE
Cursebreaking ~ O
Healing ~ EE
Music ~ EE
Mythology ~ O
Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ O
Wandlore Studies~ A
Wizard Law ~ O
World Studies ~ EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Healing ~ EE
Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ EE
Wizard Law ~ O

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I resent it when my aunt tries to talk to me about my parents. I don't need her child friendly version of events. I know I look like my mother, but I had a father too, and while there was plenty to dislike about him, my mother wasn't some angelic creature either. I would know, I was her daughter, and I remember more than people assume I do. I'm the product of both of them, flaws and all.

Married, moved to Bishop Family thread.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:47 pm
Hi, my name is Althea Leigh Bradley.

But I mostly go by Thea.

I'm a girl!

I'm 9 years old.

My birthday is June 17th, 2018.

My dream job is a job? Why do I need a job?

My blood status is unknown. What does that mean?

The school I will be going to is Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quirky, fun loving, hyper, and silly. I like to laugh and have a lot of fun. Sometimes I do and say weird things for no reason. I have tons of energy, and I run around all day. I can't be serious, because I'm always smiling.

My background story is I used to live with Mummy and Eleazar. Then Mummy left one day, and it was juts me and Eleazar. But he got hurt and we had to go to the hospital. We met Da there, and then we went to live with him and and our new Mummy and a bunch of siblings. I can't even remember how old they all are. But everyone is so fun and nice! I like it a lot better than our old home. Though I sometimes wonder where my old Mummy is...

I enjoy having fun, running around, laughing, smiling, and hearing stories.

I despise crying, bad things happening, frowning, when nobody wants to play, and people being mad.

I'm afraid of our new Da and Mummy leaving.

My strengths are making people smile and telling stories!

My flaws are not knowing when to be serious and being too loud sometimes.

I look like this

My wand is a

My dream pet is a kitty!

My O.W.L. Scores Are:

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Eleazar says that we had different daddies. I don't understand. We're brother and sister, right?

((character deceased))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 pm
xxxxxVeronica Kiss-Walshxxxxx
Ronna
née Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor Alumna

User ImagexxxxxBASIC INFORMATION
General Alias: Ronna
Other Aliases and Nicknames (by her late father and his friends): Ronnie and Ron
Prefers: Veronica

Currently: 21
Date of Birth: June 22, 2011
Place of Birth: Dover, Kent, England
Hometown: Hawkinge, Kent, England

Magical Status: witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel Wood, Dragon Heartstring Core, Inflexible and Slightly Knobby
Magical Heritage: muggleborn
Last Name Origin: Hungarian-has been pronounced in the British fashion for generations
Family Heritage: British

Blood Type: O+
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Complexion: Freckled, Caucasion
Will Stop Growing at: 5'9.5" (at 20 years of age)
Current Height: Tall for Age/5'8"
Distinguishing Features: Freckles
General Description: A taller than average young woman with curly blonde hair, blue eyes, and obviously freckled skin.

Face Claim/Reference Looks: Freya Mavor

xxxxxPersonal Information
Personality: Veronica is stubborn and has a bit of a temper. She has always refused to bend on her beliefs and is very rash by nature, unafraid to confront something that bothers her-which can get her in trouble. She is also said to be loyal and tends to keep people a bit at a distance due to her natural shyness which she tends to hide. She was always getting into fights when she was younger due to her standing up for what she thought was right, though, she likes to say she grew into a more mature way of handling such problems at this point.

Veronica has also realized as she gets older she is overly rational, believes that there is only a 'right and wrong' and nothing else, is easily annoyed by something she can't easily categorize and that includes her own feelings on things. While she handles large problems fairly well, it is the smaller matters that can easily derail her composure.

Fears: wasps and bees (though, more so now fears failing others)

Stengths:
xxx(1) maths of all sorts
xxx(2) her tenacity in regards to her code of morality
Weaknesses:
xxx(1) her temper
xxx(2) her stubbornness, especially in trying to classify things on a dichotomous scale (inability to see the gray)
Favorite Things:
xxx(1) Bitter food and drink (particularly coffee, but also dark chocolate)
xxx(2) Spicy Food
xxx(3) Maths and Arithmancy
xxx(4) Clever and Intelligent Conversation
xxx(5) Baseball
Despised Things:
xxx(1) Arrogance
xxx(2) Sweet Food
xxx(3) Immoral people: including thieves, bullies, and those who jump to conclusions
xxx(4) Fickleness
xxx(5) Breakers/breaking of any clearly written or stated rule

xxxxxEducation/Training/Professional History
Current Occupation: Witch Watcher (Applying)
Current Income: Middle-class
Past Occupations: N/A
Dream Career: As a kid before she knew about magic was a police detective-she is quite happy with what she is now and can't imagine a better job.

Magical and General Education:
xxxxxxPrimary School/Pre-Hogwarts Education: Hawkinge Primary School
xxxxxxAttended: Hogwarts
xxxxxxHouse: Gryffindor
xxxxxxO.W.L. Scores
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxAstronomy: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCharms: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxDefense Against the Dark Arts: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHerbology: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHistory of Magic: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxPotions: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTransfiguration: O

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxArithmancy: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCursebreaking: A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHealing: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWandlore Studies: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWizard Law: O

xxxxxxN.E.W.T. Scores

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCharms: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxDefense Against the Dark Arts: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHerbology: A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxPotions: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTransfiguration: EE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxArithmancy: O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCursebreaking: A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHealing: EE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWizard Law: EE

xxxxxPast
Background Information: Veronica is the only child of a muggle, Brian Kiss, a police officer for the Kent police force. She grew up in Hawkinge, a farily small country-side town in Southern England near Dover. Her mother left when Veronica was still a baby and little was ever spoken about her. Brain Kiss always said that there was nothing to say besides the fact that they divorced for personal reasons. Though, what was more accurate was Trisha Paulson up and left and sent divorce papers along with releasing any legal guardianship rights to Brian Kiss via post.

It was assumed that Veronica would continue to go to one of the two local schools in Hawkinge and then one of the nearby prepatory schools for her later years and eventually university. Her father had pushed her to be a lawyer, while Veronica wanted to live in London as a detective starting out on the police force.

However, both Veronica and Brian's plans were slightly changed on Veronica's eleventh birthday. An odd sort of gentleman showed up at their door, introduced himself as a wizard and proceeded to explain how the odd things that happened to Veronica as a child-like the fact she was always jumping off the roof or getting into physical fights but never managed to break a bone or cause herself major harm and only lost one or two baby teeth for all her efforts. Or how the time she got annoyed at the neighbor boy who had made fun of her freckles and woke up with no hair the next morning. All were due to the fact Veronica was a witch, but thankfully there was a school for people like her who was willing to provide her the help to learn to adjust and master her magic.

Veronica was thrilled at the thought, though both Brian and Veronica were a little skeptical until the man pulled out a oak wand and turned their table into a flower pot and then back again. A week later Veronica went to London with a Hogwarts school governor who helped Veronica pick up all her supplies and even suggested some books to catch up on the wizarding world.

-------

Veronica progressed through Hogwarts and her summers fairly ordinarily, receiving the full support of her father, who read various books about the wizarding world and subjects so he could take an active interest in his daughter's education. However, after Veronica's third year at Hogwarts, four days after she returned home her life was turned upside down: her father was killed in the line of duty after responding to a break-in call. In the end the murders have yet to be caught and Veronica moved to live with one of her father's long time friends-Carl Manhattan. During this time Veronica also re-met her mother who initially wanted legal custody but quickly backed off due to Carl Manhattan's and Veronica's stand on the matter.

When Carl Manhattan, as her new guardian, was informed his best friend's daughter was a witch, Carl took it fairly well though he has stated the less he knows about magic and the magical world the happier he will be. Since, Veronica's mother has no rights as a legal guardian and is a muggle, she and the rest of her family have no knowledge that Veronica is a witch due to laws of secrecy.

-------

Veronica had a fairly ordinary time at Hogwarts, with the typical and occasional school drama and upsets. She had a very successful career at Hogwarts, having been a prefect, head of the Dueling Club, a beater for the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and Head Girl. At the end of her fifth year she end up dating Tobias Walsh (after an entire school year of off and on avoiding him because they kissed in Diagon Alley-Ronna argues she did it out of practicality at the time still, but it wasn't as if she minded). By graduation she had become fairly close friends with Toby's "crowd" which included Gypsy, Jer, and Jess; as well as keeping her own friendships with Theo Gibbs and Danica, both underclassmen in her house.

After graduating, Ronna decided to move into a flat in London (which Carl had helped look for her while at school) with Toby Walsh. She immediately applied to the Witch Watchers, having after several years decided it was a career that fit her interests and talents best.

During Gypsy and Jer's wedding, Ronna and Toby may have had a slight argument of sorts considering Ronna's general distaste for marriage but unspoken emotional conflict about slowly warming up to the idea. They both had a few too many drinks and they forgot to use proper protection that night after the wedding of their friends. A few weeks later Ronna came to the realization she was late and promptly bought several pregnancy tests for accuracy. She was pregnant. Her and Toby decided to marry that summer before the birth of their first child Talia.

xxxxxFamilial Connections
Birth Order: Paternal Side-Only Child, Maternal Side-Eldest of Three (two half brothers, both muggle)
General Family Links: Kiss Family
Family Rank: Next of kin to the Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police
Extended Family:
xParents:
xxxFather: Brian Kiss (died in early June of 2025)
xxxMother: Trisha Paulson (gave up all legal custody in 2012, during divorce of Brian Kiss)
xLegal Guardian: Carl Manhattan (npc, age 41, Muggle, lawyer, friend of Brian Kiss, and lawyer of both Brian Kiss and Veronica Kiss)
xOther Relations (Maternal Side): All Muggle, no legal guardianship
xxxMother: Trisha Paulson
xxxStep-Father: Peter Smith, muggle, reporter, age 41
xxxxxHalf Brother: Andrew Smith, muggle, age 14
xxxxxHalf Brother: Nathan Smith, muggle, age 13

xxxxxRomantic Preferences
Sexuality: primarily heterosexual
Current Relationships:
xxxxxMarried to: Tobias Philemon Walsh (Toby)
xxxxxOther Relationships of Importance: N/A
Past Relationships:
xxxxxFormer Boyfriends/Girlfriends: None
xxxxxNon Specified Relationships: None

xxxxxOTHER/EXTRA
xxxPets: an ordinary barn owl named Bessie that was originally her father's. It has a habit of biting and generally is irritable but listens well if it likes who it is dealing with.
xxxLanguage Fluency: English (British), French (very slight knowledge of-no fluency or real understanding), Latin (knowledge of Latin roots in English only and Latin legal terminology)
xxxExtra Relevant Skills: Clever Student, who gets good grades thanks to hard work and quick reading.
xxxAny Other Important Information: Poor relationship with her mother, and only officially re-met the woman after her father's death. Her mother and her new family are unaware of her magical status, the story officially she is going to an all girls boarding school focusing on maths in particular.

NPCed  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:46 pm
xxxxxxT A L I A xxxK I S SxxxW A L S Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxA B O U T MExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES »» Tally
              AGE »» 15
              BIRTHDAY »» September 17th, 2032
              GENDER »» Female
              FACE-CLAIM »» Daria Sidorchuk
              BLOOD STATUS »» Halfblood
              WAND »» Vine, phoenix feather, 12 and 1/2 inches, supple, knobby
              LANGUAGES SPOKEN »» English, a bit of Cockney
              ACCENT »» Estuary
              PET »» Tabby cat named Leona

xxx»» Chocolate (especially dark)
              xxx»» Numbers and charts
              xxx»» Cats of all shapes and sizes
              xxx»» Citrus (especially grapefruit)
              DISLIKES
              xxx»» Indecisiveness
              xxx»» Gelatin
              xxx»» Displays of wealth
              xxx»» Baths (loves showers)
              xxx»» Sleeping in
              HOBBIES
              xxx»» Quidditch
              xxx»» Football
              xxx»» Bike rides

xxxxxxP E R S O N A L I T Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SHORT-TEMPERED
              xxx»» Try as she might to keep a level head, Tally was pretty much doomed on the temper front, being the child of two fiery Gryffindors. While she isn't overly sensitive, once you do get her wound up or outraged, especially if someone is being bullied or singled out, it's a bit hard to calm her down. She has her mother's whip-like tongue and can say things she regrets in the heat of the moment, although she rarely picks fights. (But she does tend to finish them).

HONEST
              xxx»» Tally is an unfailingly honest person. While she does have some tact, she does not always use it to its full advantage, and she can come across as overly blunt and straight-forward. She's certainly not one to lie to anyone's face, even for minor reasons, and she absolutely hates feeling as though she can't trust people. She's quick to write people off if she founds out they've misled her, even if they didn't think it was that serious.

STUBBORN
              xxx»» Unfortunately, Tally is about as stubborn as a bull, which is to say, very. She tends to dig her heels in when confronted with an opposing opinion, and her instinct is always to argue and defend, rather than necessarily change her mind or acknowledge that someone else has a good point. While she usually isn't unreasonable, she can be, especially when she's already in a defensive mood.

RELIABLE
              xxx»» Tally is a very loyal and dependable friend. She will stick by someone for as long as they're a friend to her, and she is extremely protective of her family and the people she holds dear. She's always on time for things and she always does her homework, even if she hates it. To her father's relief, she takes after her mother in that regard and didn't pick up his 'slacker genes'.

RATIONAL
              xxx»» Tally prides herself on being very rational and logical, or so she thinks. She's not a very superstitious person and likes to see proof and facts, not fairy tales. She takes things a bit seriously at times, and sometimes has to be prodded out of her overly logical funks. While she is capable of blowing off steam and having fun like everyone else, she does tend to think towards the future, rather than the present.

ASSERTIVE
              xxx»» Tally has never had any self esteem issues and was raised to be confident and stand up for herself, as well as others. She's not easy to push around or intimidate, and has no problem with standing her ground, even in the face of mockery or peer pressure. Rarely does she feel very badly about herself, and she has never been a shy or nervous person. She has little difficult making friends or meeting new people.

STRENGTHS
              xxx»» Tally is a very honest and trustworthy person.
              xxx»» Tally is assertive and confident in herself and her opinions.
              WEAKNESSES
              xxx»» Tally has a short temper and can be easily ruffled.
              xxx»» Tally is incredibly stubborn and can be very argumentative.
              FEARS
              xxx»» Disappointing the people she cares about.
              xxx»» Insects of all shapes and sizes.

xxxxxxB A C K S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CHILDHOOD
              xxx»» Tally is the eldest child of Toby and Ronna Walsh. Her conception was an accident, as her parents were only six months out of Hogwarts and unmarried. While they hadn't intended to 'settle down' so soon, they ended up marrying three months before Tally was born. Shortly after she was born her parents wound up pregnant again, a decision that can likely be attributed to new parent psychosis. Still, her mother argued that since they only intended to have two children, it would be easier to space them very close together, especially given Ronna's intense job as a witch watcher. Because of this, Tally's younger sister Tara is her 'Irish twin' since they are only eleven months apart. Naturally, the two have been inseparable ever since, even if they occasionally fight like cats and dogs. Growing up Tally always considered herself the more responsible and mature sister, although she was often pulled into her more rambunctious sister's schemes and pranks. As the eldest grandchild in her family, she was very excited to go to Hogwarts, and determined to be sorted into Gryffindor like her parents before her.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR »» Tally was sorted into Gryffindor and her sister to Slytherin, to quite literally no one's surprise. She embraced her new house, having heard all about it from her parents, and set about making friends and exploring the castle.
                  SECOND YEAR »» Tally began her second year by trying out for the quidditch team, and to her delight and her parents' pride, made first string chaser as a lowly second year. Thus her year became consumed by Quidditch, although she still made time to talk to portraits and harass Nearly Headless Nick with prying questions.
                  THIRD YEAR »» Tally continued her time on the Quidditch team, even if they didn't do as well as she'd have hoped, tying with Slytherin for second place. She was also much busier, having chosen electives the spring before, and did not enjoy her new heavy homework load, although being able to go into Hogsmeade and buy as much chocolate as possible to stress-eat was some consolation. On the plus side, Billie came to Hogwarts, which thrilled her.
                  FOURTH YEAR »» Tally was overwhelmed when asked to become the vice captain for the Gryffindor quidditch team. Nevertheless, her parents were very proud, and she found it easier to adjust to her homework load this year, even if she was already worrying over her OWLs.
                  FIFTH YEAR »» - - -
                  SIXTH YEAR »» - - -
                  SEVENTH YEAR »» - - -

xxxxxxS C H O O L AND C A R E E Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING »» Hogwarts
              HOUSE »» Gryffindor
              YEAR »» Fifth
              BEST LESSONS
              xxx»» Defense Against the Dark Arts
              xxx»» Transfiguration
              xxx»» Cursebreaking
              WORST LESSONS
              xxx»» Astronomy
              xxx»» Potions
              xxx»» History of Magic
              DREAM JOB »» A position in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, like her mother.

xxxxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEXUAL/ROMANTIC ORIENTATION »» Unknown
              RELATIONSHIP STATUS »» Single
              SIGNIFICANT OTHER »» None

FAMILY
              xxx»» PARENTS Tobias Walsh and Veronica Kiss-Walsh
              xxx»» SIBLINGS Zatara Walsh
              FRIENDS
              xxx»» BEST FRIEND Tara
              xxx»» Jack Lovette, Roland Bishop, Billie Xanders
              ENEMIES
              xxx»» 'Uncle Theo'
              ACQUAINTANCES
              xxx»» DJ Shepard, Mallory Lovette, Nicodemus Lovette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:08 pm
xxxxZ A T A R AxxxK I S SxxxW A L S H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Tara

AGE 0

BIRTHDAY 3 August 2033

BLOOD STATUS Halfblood

WAND n/a

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION n/a

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English (eventually)

FACECLAIM Stefania Owen (starting at age 7) [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              TO ATTEND Hogwarts

HOUSE n/a

YEAR n/a

BEST LESSONS
                  n/a
                  n/a
                  n/a

WORST LESSONS
                  n/a
                  n/a
                  n/a

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

NEWT SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Baby Sister

DREAM JOB magician or escape artist

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ LOYAL Tara has a select few in her life that she chooses not to torment with screams or vomit. This limited list includes her family, Gypsy and Jeremy Lovette, and does not go farther than that. For those she chose to dedicate herself to she is a good baby, for others she is the worst baby one has ever seen. Ronna and Toby has been black listed by three baby sitters in a month due to this trait of Tara's.
              ■ STUBBORN While her sister may be stubborn, Tara works hard to give a new definition of stubborn. There is no changing her mind. When she is happy with something she is perfect, when she is not she screams and terrorizes all around her.
              ■ INTUITIVE Tara has a gut instinct about people and things true nature that is slightly more accurate than most, though she is not one to give a new face a chance very willingly and often judges new people in a more negative manner than positive.
              ■ IMPATIENT Patience may be a virtue but this is one that Tara lacks. She feels that things should be addressed immediately and will happily let those around her know via screaming if she wants something. And if she wants something, she wanted it five minutes ago not just now.
              ■ QUICK TEMPERED Hardly surprising, Tara inherited her parents's Gryffindor tempers. Teamed with her impatience Tara can terrorize an entire home in a few quick minutes.
              ■ FORGIVING While Tara, as much as an infant can, likes to pretend she holds grudges she is incapable of holding one. While she is quick to anger and impatient she lacks the ability to hold ill will towards those close to her for any true length of time.

Her sister (not that she'll admit it)
                  Displays of magic
                  The dark
                  Sweet food

DISLIKES
                  Silence
                  When Tally screams
                  Anything too salty or spicy
                  Bright colors
                  Flashing lights

HOBBIES
                  Playing with Bunsie (Stuffed Bunny)
                  Tormenting Tally

STRENGTHS
                  Strength
                  Strength

WEAKNESSES
                  Weakness
                  Weakness

FEARS
                  Theo Gibbs
                  Strangers

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Information

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR Information
                  SECOND YEAR Information
                  THIRD YEAR Information
                  FOURTH YEAR Information
                  FIFTH YEAR Information
                  SIXTH YEAR Information
                  SEVENTH YEAR Information

POST GRADUATION Information

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Tobias Walsh (father), Veronica Kiss-Walsh (mother), Talia Walsh (older sister), Uriel Walsh (paternal uncle), Jessamine Walsh (paternal aunt), Eleazar Bradley (paternal uncle), Violante Lillantine (first cousin once removed), Andrew Smith (maternal half-uncle), Nathan Smith (maternal half-uncle), Cora Walsh (paternal grandmother), Garrett Walsh (paternal grandfather)
              FRIENDS Daddy and Mumsies and Tal-Tal
              BEST FRIEND Bunsie
              ROMANTIC INTEREST n/a
              ENEMIES "Uncle" Theo and new babysitters
              PETS Stuffed bunny named Bunsie

Adopted by The Forgotten Weasley, 1/1/17  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 pm
xxxxZ A T A R AxxxK I S SxxxW A L S H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Tara

AGE 6

BIRTHDAY 3 August 2033

BLOOD STATUS Halfblood

WAND n/a

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION n/a

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English (eventually)

FACECLAIM Stefania Owen [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              TO ATTEND Hogwarts

HOUSE n/a

YEAR n/a

BEST LESSONS
                  n/a
                  n/a
                  n/a

WORST LESSONS
                  n/a
                  n/a
                  n/a

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

NEWT SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ X
                  Charms ~ X
                  Herbology ~ X
                  History of Magic ~ X
                  Potions ~ X
                  Transfiguration ~ X
                  Elective ~ X

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Baby Sister

DREAM JOB Magician or escape artist

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ FINICKY Tara seems to operate purely in extremes. She either loves you and wants to be your best friend, or she can't stand the sight of you. She is either very happy, or incensed. She likes everything to be a very specific way, and she doesn't like it when people don't behave the way she expected them to.
              ■ DIFFICULT Tara goes beyond merely picky; she can argue and complain about almost everything. Her ice cream is too cold. Now it's too warm. Now it's melting. She doesn't want to go to bed, but she's tired, and so on, and so on. She seems to almost take pleasure in exasperating everyone around her.
              ■ INTUITIVE Tara certainly trusts her gut. If someone gives her a bad feeling, she is forever leery of them, and she takes first impressions very seriously. She's not very forgiving or tolerant of things she doesn't like in other people, and can hold a grudge like no one's business for a very long time.
              ■ IMPATIENT Tara has no patience at all. Nothing and no one is ever fast enough for her, and no one seems able to keep up with her constantly changing whims. She doesn't like having to pause and explain things, or wait on other people. She wants it all. Right now. No interruptions. Sitting still is a constant struggle.
              ■ QUICK TEMPERED Tara is easily irritated just as much as how easily she irritates other people. While her tantrums don't tend to last too long, she can be downright nasty and bratty when in a foul mood, and usually doesn't think before she opens her mouth.
              ■ DEVIOUS Tara likes to sneak around and get into all sorts of trouble, and is especially good at getting out of it. She's constantly trying to blame things on her older sister, and is quite the liar, even if most of her lies are borderline ridiculous, and it is often very obvious she's not telling the truth.

Her sister (not that she'll admit it)
                  Displays of magic
                  The dark
                  Sweet food

DISLIKES
                  Silence
                  When Tally screams
                  Anything too salty or spicy
                  Bright colors
                  Flashing lights

HOBBIES
                  Playing with Bunsie (Stuffed Bunny)
                  Tormenting Tally

STRENGTHS
                  Her intuition
                  Being sly

WEAKNESSES
                  Her difficult nature
                  Her impatience

FEARS
                  Theo Gibbs
                  Rodents, especially rats and mice

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          CHILDHOOD Zatara 'Tara' was born the younger sister by roughly eleven months. Her parents decided they might as well get all their baby-making out of the way at once, and she was conceived not long after her older sister Talia, or Tally, was born. Her mother, a witch watcher, returned to work shortly thereafter, as did her father, who worked for the Ministry, something to do with researching dragons, and thus began Tara's reign of terror over various babysitters who had the misfortune to look after her and her sister. The more difficult child by far, Tara always delighted in making life harder for the adults around her, and while she tended to tease and torment her more mild-tempered older sister, the two remained very close.

SCHOOL YEARS
              FIRST YEAR Information
              SECOND YEAR Information
              THIRD YEAR Information
              FOURTH YEAR Information
              FIFTH YEAR Information
              SIXTH YEAR Information
              SEVENTH YEAR Information

POST GRADUATION Information

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          FAMILY Tobias Walsh (father), Veronica Kiss-Walsh (mother), Talia Walsh (older sister), Uriel Walsh (paternal uncle), Jessamine Walsh (paternal aunt), Eleazar Bradley (paternal uncle), Violante Lillantine (first cousin once removed), Andrew Smith (maternal half-uncle), Nathan Smith (maternal half-uncle), Cora Walsh (paternal grandmother), Garrett Walsh (paternal grandfather)
          FRIENDS Daddy and Mumsies and Tal-Tal
          BEST FRIEND Bunsie
          ROMANTIC INTEREST n/a
          ENEMIES "Uncle" Theo and new babysitters
          PETS Stuffed bunny named Bunsie

Adopted by Kungfudemoness  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 am
xxxxxxZ A T A R A xxxK I S SxxxW A L S Hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxA B O U T MExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES »» Tara
              AGE »» 13
              BIRTHDAY »» August 3rd, 2033
              GENDER »» Female
              FACE-CLAIM »» Stefania Owen
              BLOOD STATUS »» Halfblood
              WAND »» Holly, dragon heartstring, 13 and 1/8 inches, bendy, bent shaft
              LANGUAGES SPOKEN »» English, a bit of Cockney
              ACCENT »» Estuary
              PET »» White rabbit named Johnny.

xxx»» Gullible people
              xxx»» Lock-picking
              xxx»» Spray-paint art
              xxx»» Custard
              DISLIKES
              xxx»» Spicy dishes
              xxx»» Coffee
              xxx»» Quidditch
              xxx»» Hot weather
              xxx»» Libraries/museums
              HOBBIES
              xxx»» Experimenting with prank items
              xxx»» Painting/drawing people she knows
              xxx»» Football

xxxxxxP E R S O N A L I T Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IMMATURE
              xxx»» - - - Tara rarely acts her age. She much prefer play over work. She she expresses emotions freely with out regard to it it the right time and place

DEVIOUS
              xxx»» - - - Tara likes to plot and plan her pranks and tricks. She also prefers to worm her way out of trouble. Less time getting in trouble means more pranks

RECKLESS
              xxx»» - - - Tara likes to go full speed ahead in life. Time waits for no one. This can cause her to forgo safety in favor of time or convenience.

INTUITIVE
              xxx»» - - - Tara while barreling through likes to make sure everything is how it should be. While the plans are made fast they are thought out. She also pretty ibtuned to people and situations.

IMPATIENT
              xxx»» - - - Tara hates to wait. Even if she has no way to speed things up she will try to or complain about it taking so long. This can cause her to be short with others

QUICK-WITTED
              xxx»» - - - Tara is quick to react in action and in comment. She usully has a snarky reply or witty joke ready at times

STRENGTHS
              xxx»» Tara has good intuition and trusts her gut feelings about people.
              xxx»» Tara is quick-witted and clever, and can always make others laugh.
              WEAKNESSES
              xxx»» Tara is very impatient and can be irritable with others.
              xxx»» Tara is reckless and impulsive, not considering her actions.
              FEARS
              xxx»» Her sister abandoning her.
              xxx»» Rats.

xxxxxxB A C K S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CHILDHOOD
              xxx»» - - -
              Tara is the youngest child of Toby and Ronna Walsh. Shortly after the surprise that was her older sister Tally was born their parents wound up pregnant again. They argued that since they only intended to have two children, it would be easier to space them very close together, especially given their mom's job as a witch watcher. Because of this, Tally and Tara are ‘Irish twins’ since they are only eleven months apart. The two have been inseparable ever since, even if they occasionally fighting like siblings do. Growing up Tara always considered Tally the more responsible and mature sister, although she would often pull Tally's into her more rambunctious schemes and pranks. As the youngest grandchild in her family, she was very excited to go to Hogwarts, and determined to have as much fun as she can!

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR »» - - -
                  SECOND YEAR »» - - -
                  THIRD YEAR »» - - -
                  FOURTH YEAR »» - - -
                  FIFTH YEAR »» - - -
                  SIXTH YEAR »» - - -
                  SEVENTH YEAR »» - - -

xxxxxxS C H O O L AND C A R E E Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING »» Hogwarts
              HOUSE »» - - -
              YEAR »» third
              BEST LESSONS
              xxx»» - - -
              xxx»» - - -
              xxx»» - - -
              WORST LESSONS
              xxx»» - - -
              xxx»» - - -
              xxx»» - - -
              DREAM JOB »» Cursebreaker or spell inventor.

xxxxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEXUAL/ROMANTIC ORIENTATION »» Unknown
              RELATIONSHIP STATUS »» Single
              SIGNIFICANT OTHER »» None

FAMILY
              xxx»» PARENTS Tobias Walsh and Veronica Kiss-Walsh
              xxx»» SIBLINGS Talia Walsh
              FRIENDS
              xxx»» BEST FRIEND Tally
              xxx»» - - -
              ENEMIES
              xxx»» Theo Gibbs