Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Techno's Tree House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXGryffin dor Alu m niXXX⒧⒪⒱⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXαиιмαɢυs

I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

Tanya waved the last of their friends through the floo and the moment the fireplace was empty she flopped onto the couch with an audible "oof!" looking around at the decoration, wrapping paper, and food they still had to put away. Mainly her since she didn't want the birthday boy..man..guy to do anything. He should relax and enjoy all his gifts like any lazy teen would. "Pretty awesome turnout right? I rather outdid myself if I do say so myself. And I do. Obviously." she said with a chuckle before groaning as she took off her heels and flexed her feet for a few seconds. Adorable they may be they were most certainly "sitting" heels rather than "get up and conduct an entire party" heels. Although she was sure to her Aunt Fi and Ada they were one and the same. Damn them both. "And you're not to lift a single finger, you got that? Enjoy the next....15 minutes of freedom!" she told her boyfriend mocking wagging her finger before grinning and getting up and sliding out her wand. Hell, she put up 90% of this stuff with magic, why shouldn't she take it down the same way?

She muttered under her breath as she cleaned up the crumbs and vanished plates (paper plates, she wasn't stupid!), cups, general tomfoolerly in the form of star wars shaped glitter (best ten quid she ever spent). She was just finishing up the living room when she noticed the closet was open and prayed to every deity Gypsy and Jer hadn't done the do in there when they went missing for ten minutes. Although really she doubted they would've done much in ten minutes, as disgusting as it seemed she was sure the two liked to take their time with things. Ugh, she had just started looking the two in the eyes again! Cautiously she peered into the closet and gave a sigh of relief seeing that something had just gotten wedged at the top of it, but for relief of mind she used a handy spell she had recently learned to view any bodily liquids and was relieved to see that there was none. Tanya reached up to grab the thing that was keeping the door from shutting properly and was surprised to see it was the thing she had ordered just weeks ago. Ever since her grandfather's visit to her family's home she had been thinking about the premise of marriage and whatnot. Though if she were seriously honest with herself it had probably been weeks before that. She came around eventually to the rational side of thinking, knowing that marriage didn't turn people into crazed abusing lunatics. Hell, she would just need to observe Chris and Ada to disprove that. They were like the Disney-est couple to ever not be a prince and princess. And of course her own parents. And she supposed Gypsy and Jer. And disgustingly enough David and Leo. So on a whim she had gone into a jewelry shop and had been drawn to this simple celtic band. It wasn't flashy, it didn't have any nooks for gems or diamonds, and to her it was the perfect thing. She shelled out a good chunk of her paycheck to get it sized and engraved. She wasn't sure who had given her odder looks; Echo when she told him she needed a plaster of his hand for a lesson or the jewelry maker when she handed over said plaster). It had arrived and she put it in this small chest she had found in a knick-knack shop and...she had hidden it away. From him or from herself she had no idea.

The young woman thought about what she had just told her boyfriend moments ago and in the span of a few seconds made up her mind. With a firm grasp on the box she went in search of Echo keeping an eye on the time. Just five more minutes. When she found him Tanya only took one unhelpful calming breath before her word vomit commenced. "I know there's like, 4 and a half minutes left in your birthday and that this is probably coming completely out of the dark but, I love you. Actually no but, but always seems to signify there's something else and there really isn't. I love you and there's literally nothing else to do or say except I guess put up or shut up so..so will you marry me?" she finally got to the question and opened the box seconds after realizing she had just asked the question and was sure her face was brighter than Big Bens'.

Cara MiaKitty

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

WearingWhere: HomeWith: EchoThinking: DearmerlincanIbeanymoreawkward?OOC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:06 am
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          тanya wнιтeтнorne
                                                          Looking Quiet in the Living Room with Tanya
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Surprised
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh my God she actually did it ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

в o y ѕ and g ι r l ѕ oғ e v e r y a g e ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          woυldn'т yoυ l ι ĸ e тo ѕee ѕ o м e т н ι n g ѕ т r a n g e ? ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          coмe wιтн υѕ and y o υ w ι l l ѕ e e тнιѕ, oυr тown oғ н a l l o w e e n ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          т н ι ѕ ι ѕ н a l l o w e e n тнιѕ ιѕ нalloween т н ι ѕ ι ѕ н a l l o w e e n ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho had to admit, he hadn't really expected his birthday party to be so... well, party-like. Normally when he did 'parties', everyone came over and vegged out in his home theater. This had definitely not been that. Which, he hadn't minded, he'd actually had a lot of fun, but now he was bloody exhausted. People tended to wear him the hell out. Some days, he wondered how he'd managed back at school. And how he could live with Tanya, considering that she was basically an energy vampire. Bloody extroverts. His lip twitched a bit in a smile, thinking that if she could read his mind, she'd kill him over that. But it wasn't like he was really complaining. He loved her, even if she did wear him out just by being near him.

spaceWhen she insisted that he stay put while she cleaned up, he considered staging a fake-protest just for the sake of seeming like he wanted to be helpful... for all of a second. But he was tired, and it was his birthday, and she was stubborn, so why bother? He might as well take advantage of her allowing him a moment to be lazy. So, he simply blew a raspberry at her, then laid his head back on the couch, thinking that bed would be bloody fantastic right now. He swore, he might've fallen asleep right there, if not for the fact that, in spite of her magic, she still somehow managed to be loud cleaning up. Still, he found himself dozing off, and was jarred from the half-asleep state by her return.

spaceThe Ravenclaw didn't quite know what to do when she started rambling at him, eyebrows raising up practically to his hairline as he tried to follow what exactly she was on about. She was definitely about to tell him something important. For a brief moment, he half-wondered if she was about to tell him that they'd managed to continue on what was apparently becoming a trend among her siblings and that she was pregnant. Normally that thought would've concerned him more, but he was too tired for the panic... which was probably for the best, since that wasn't it at all. He blinked at her. When it registered, suddenly he wasn't so tired. She... She... Echo found himself staring, dumbfounded, at his girlfriend. When he'd told her months ago that she was going to have to be the one to propose since they both knew it was her they were waiting on, he hadn't actually expected her to take him seriously. Even if he had been a little serious about it. But... apparently she had.

spaceHe tried to swallow the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat, sitting up properly, a small smile forming, blue eyes bright. "Hm... I dunno," he teased, well aware that he might be signing his own death warrant, but he couldn't resist. Before she could get mad, though, his hand reached to grab her wrist, and he pulled her forward and down so that he could kiss her. "Of course I'll marry you," he said as he pulled away, his other hand reaching for the box she held, curious. She'd gotten a ring and everything? Adorable. "... That's what the hand was for," he realized, snorting at her and shaking his head. The girl was insane. But, it'd been clever. It wasn't like he'd had any other rings she could check his size off of, he wasn't his sister. And if she'd asked, he would've known. Still, the amount of forethought she'd clearly put into this was really touching... and a bit amusing. He had a feeling he was going to be teasing her about this for a very long time. In the most loving way, obviously.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ιn т н ι ѕ т o w n , don'т we l o v e ι т n o w ?
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ everyвody'ѕ waιтιng ғor тнe n e х т ѕ υ r p r ι ѕ e !
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ 'r o υ n d тнaт c o r n e r , мan н ι d ι n g ιn тнe тraѕн can
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ѕoмeтнιng'ѕ waιтιng now тo p o υ n c e and нow y o υ ' l l ѕ c r e a м !

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx|| ωιтн [his luggage] || ωнєяє [Doorstep] || ωнєη [Early Summer 2035] || xxxx
                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxxYᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs
                                                          xxxxxxIᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇʏ ғɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇʟʟ,
                                                          xxxxxxOʀ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ﹐ sᴏ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ?
                                                          xxxxxxWᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ﹐ I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴜʀɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It's been two weeks since Avian returned home from school, which means that it was another time of a not-good summer time. He felt that the longer he stayed in that house, the worse he had been feeling inside. He took every word his father gave to him as if he believed it, no matter how he wanted to say or argue with that. Instead, the young Ravenclaw took the words and bottled it up in his mind, trying not to show that he felt dead inside. Maybe, Ezekiel was probably right, Avian really was a total burden for the family. The day before he went to the train back in the Hogsmeade Station after the Ending Feast, he was at the very end of his weary rope of thinking that there was hope between him and his parents. But now, after one week of his summer? He didn't think such a rope existed, and he just gave up.

Avian could no longer take these toxic words and the silent treatment anymore because it just kept on going and going as if this was going to go on forever, he thought. Two weeks of Winter did that to him, and another in the Summer. Sure, he wasn't legally disowned but that was only because they were holding on the reputation in the social circles, and not because they gave him a second chance. But one thing for sure, they did legally removed him out of the will, only that they kept it quiet from the other pureblood families.

That being said, he decided to pack up his things stealing some old luggage from the attic when the people in the estate were sleeping, probably about two in the morning. He even got rid of that old ring his father gave to him three years ago, Avian didn't know the exact reason why he wanted to get rid of it, but all he knew was that he wanted to get rid of it. That's all. He avoided the house elves roaming around and doing their jobs until he was finally out of the house. He remembered at he was actually seventeen right now, so he pulled out his wand and apparated at the Diagon Alley first to sleep in the Leaky Cauldron with his remaining money. Well, the money that he saved from school, that is. But he couldn't stay there when it was only going to drain more than ten galleons, so he had no choice but to go to one of his cousins.

The next morning (well, after eight hours later, technically speaking), he apparated to the Cotswolds- at the treehouse's doorstep. It's been so long since he had visited this place, the interior at least. The last time he visited the Cotswolds was when he was invited to Echo and Tanya's marriage, he recalled he was around fourteen when that happened. Carrying his stuff and luggage, he felt sad that he didn't retrieve his old guitar as he didn't want to get skewed for attempting to accio it. Doing so would either break it or drag attention, and he just wanted to leave the house so he had to leave it behind.

He raised his hand to knock at the door, but Avian halted for a moment. He froze, contemplating if he was going to burden Tanya and Echo for staying in their house for the time being. But, he was here now, right? Did he look like he had a choice? Avian's forehead was pressed against the door and his breath was shaking but nonetheless, he nervously knocked the door and was anxious over who will answer it. The Ravenclaw knew that he probably disturbed them in her sleep, he was probably giving them a hard time this morning.

Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʀᴜɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴏᴜʀsᴇʟᴠᴇs?xxxxxx
                                                          Fᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʜᴀs ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪᴛs ᴛᴏʟʟ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇʏᴇsxxxxxx
                                                          Bᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ "ғᴜɴ" ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢxxxxxx
                                                          Cᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀʀᴇᴅxxxxxx

|| Dating Grace Mitchell || Attire || Theme Song ||xxxx

((ooc : stuff ))space

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxFront Door
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAvian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused, Concerned
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

вlacĸ ιѕ тнe c o l o r oғ мy т r υ e l o v e 'ѕ нaιr xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          нer l ι p ѕ are lιĸe ѕoмe r o ѕ e ѕ ғ a ι r xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнe ѕweeтeѕт ѕ м ι l e and тнe genтleѕт н a n d ѕ xxxxxx
                                                          ι l o v e тнe g r o υ n d wнereon ѕнe ѕ т a n d ѕ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho wondered if the fact that he worked for his father-in-law was going to be in his favor, or work against him. Given that the blame for his running late this morning could be placed entirely on his son, and the fact that his sister hadn't showed up to take care of said son, he was trying to be optimistic. Mr. Whitethorne wasn't completely unreasonable. A bit strict, maybe, but he would obviously want his grandson looked after. Typically, Echo tried to avoid having to bring the child into the office, since he could be rather disruptive, but given the time, and the fact that Gypsy still hadn't shown up, he didn't figure he had a choice.

spaceHe was just getting ready to head for the floo when a knock sounded at the door. Frowning, he stalked to the door, muttering under his breath that if it was his sister, right as he was ready to leave, he was going to kill her. When he looked through the peephole and saw it was Avian, he blinked, annoyance dropping in favor of confusion. He had no clue what his cousin was doing here, after all. The rest of the family tended to ignore them more than anything else these days, after all. Not that Avian was doing it intentionally, he was just stuck. Or, he had been. Apparently not anymore; he'd turned seventeen though, which explained it.

spaceEcho opened the door, concern pulling at his features. His son followed behind, standing behind his father's legs and looking up curiously at Avian. "Uh, hey, Avian," he said, brow wrinkling in confusion. "Uh, what can I..." He trailed off, noticing the luggage. Blue eyes widened, then looked back to meet his cousin's. "... Is everything okay?" The answer, he figured, was no, but he didn't really know how bad it was. There was a tiny voice commenting on how late he was going to be, but Mr. Whitethorne would understand a family emergency. Although, he needed to write the man, sometime soon. The longer it took, the more trouble he could potentially be in.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι l o v e мy l o v e and well ѕнe ĸ n o w ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ι love тнe g r o υ n d wнereon ѕнe g o e ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι н o p e тнe d a y wιll one day c o м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx wнen ѕ н e and ι wιll вe a ѕ o n e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:55 am
                                                          xxxxxxxxx|| ωιтн [his luggage] || ωнєяє [Doorstep] || ωнєη [Early Summer 2035] || xxxx

Apparently he had been leaning his weight on the door for so long that he almost lost his balance when Echo opened the door. Maybe his eight hours of sleep wasn't enough to get his composure upright, or maybe he was being exhausted again after one apparation. Adjusting his red glasses, Avian glanced at his older cousin when he met his eyes before looking away from him. The student looked really tired from emotional causes, didn't even noticed that there was a two-year-old behind Echo, and he didn't feel like he was the same as his cousin perceived him to be. He didn't feel like he wanted to greet him back, nor did he want to answer his cut-off question.

However, when the older one decided to ask him if anything was okay, Avian was really tempted to just go away and avoid the question. Did he want to tell Echo about everything? Did he even want to hear that? The Ravenclaw wasn't sure, all his mind was telling was 'go to sleep' that's all. "Maybe, I guess I'll be fine..." His voice was barely audible compared to his normal volume, Avian just shook his head slowly to imply that it everything wasn't okay. Then, he decided to continue talking, "I'm really sorry about going here but, stuff happens at home. You don't need to hear about it, I guess... I don't mind." His other hand was clenched and shaking, while the other was tightening it's grip with the luggage- as he was trying his best not to release anything that was in his chest. The longer he was doing it, the heavier his chest was becoming- and he was again very tempted to just say it, but again, he didn't want to burden Echo- His cousin didn't deserve that.

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:24 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxFront Door
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAvian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused, Concerned
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

вlacĸ ιѕ тнe c o l o r oғ мy т r υ e l o v e 'ѕ нaιr xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          нer l ι p ѕ are lιĸe ѕoмe r o ѕ e ѕ ғ a ι r xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнe ѕweeтeѕт ѕ м ι l e and тнe genтleѕт н a n d ѕ xxxxxx
                                                          ι l o v e тнe g r o υ n d wнereon ѕнe ѕ т a n d ѕ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho gave Avian an odd look, arms crossing. Tris's eyes flashed from blue to brown and back, the child staring questioningly at him. The child mumbled something incoherent, drawing his father's attention, and Echo turned to pick him up, holding Tris on his hip. The child's face screwed up oddly as he looked at Avian, then he leaned and 'whispered' something in Echo's ear. Truth be told, it wasn't much of a whisper, being that Tris wasn't even two yet, but he was a fairly quiet child to begin with, so it wasn't particularly loud, either. Echo frowned faintly. "Avian, my cousin," he answered easily, "Like Mal and Jack are yours." Seemingly satisfied, having no memory of who Avian was or if they'd ever met, the child's expression calmed, though his eyes were still wide, the blue almost electric in its brightness.

spaceThe elder Lovette considered for a moment, then stepped aside, gesturing with his head to indicate that Avian should come in. He maneuvered his hold on Tris to take out his wand, and levitated the younger boy's things into the living room. "I want to ask," he began, "And later, I will, but I know enough about our family that I figure most of it goes without saying." He could only imagine what'd happened now. He generally kept his nose out of the Lovette family business. He and his sister had always been outsiders anyway, and aside from his the well-being of his cousins, he didn't really care to change that. "You look exhausted. You can sleep in my sister's old bedroom. I gotta run Tris to her place and get into the office, but you're free to whatever while I'm gone. I'll probably make it home before Tanya, but in case I don't, I'll stop by the hospital and let her know you're here." His expression couldn't seem to settle, shifting from hard and angry at an injustice he knew nothing about, and soft and concerned for Avian's well-being. "... Unless you need to talk about it. I can write Mr. Whitethorne and let him know."

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι l o v e мy l o v e and well ѕнe ĸ n o w ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ι love тнe g r o υ n d wнereon ѕнe g o e ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι н o p e тнe d a y wιll one day c o м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx wнen ѕ н e and ι wιll вe a ѕ o n e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Avian blinked when he heard some sort of an inaudible mumble and looked down to see a really young toddler/baby, whatever you call it. Watching Echo pick up the toddler and holding him on the hip, as the kid looked at the young Ravenclaw, he tried to force a smile and slightly waved at him. He didn't honestly think Echo has a kid until now, so maybe it explained why the kid was looking at him weird. "Hello." He greeted the toddler tiredly, but enough effort to give a sincere expression.

He nod in acknowledgement when Echo stepped aside conveying that he should come in, which he did. Listening to his cousin's remark about how he knew his family enough to know what was going on, Avian couldn't help but make a self-deprecating chuckle, "Oh really? What do you think happened?" Well, it wasn't like he told to his cousin everything about him in his past school lives, sometimes he had to keep some details out for them to not worry much.

He quietly nod his head when the older Lovette informed him that he could sleep in Gypsy's old bedroom, then went to "Right. Thank you." Figuring that Echo has a job and stuff to do, Avian immediately felt bad about interrupting when he was supposed to be going to his job right now. However, his face immediately stiffened when Echo decided to offer if he wanted to talk about it, which was hard to decide if he should do it now or not. Then, he decided to ask him instead, but he didn't look at his cousin, "Well I... I don't know. It's just... It's something that people will judge on me for if I say it..." Avian nervously shifted his glasses again, and he felt that it was terrible of him to say that his father was probably worse than their grandfather- because no matter how terrible it had been, Ezekiel was still his father through and through.

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Oᴡɴᴇʀ ᴏғ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Gearvin stood outside of his daughter's house, hands clasped loosely behind his back as he realized he was going to have to deliver bad news to his obviously happy daughter. Then again, he'd gotten a phone call about it, and even hearing his grandson's distressed tones hadn't made it quite real for Gearvin. At least, not until he'd managed to get down to the hospital and witness Elliryanna's distraught features while she tried to keep it together for her children. He knew that Chance had told him first since Gearvin had to be the logical choice to tell the rest of the family about it, but Gearvin wished he'd been delivering any news other than this. He shouldn't have to bury his son. It should have been the other way around. Gearvin was old, and getting older. Chalmes had young children to worry about and should have outlived Gearvin by quite a bit.

Raising his hand, he knocked politely on the door to Tanya's home, thinking that he could keep it together long enough to deliver the news to those that needed to know. Later, when he was alone, he could grieve, but right now he had a duty to his children. He;d already told Eretria about it so that way she could be the one to break it to Christopher. Despite the fact that Gearvin had come to terms about him being a vampire, he wasn't sure how he'd react and felt it best to have his eldest daughter handle it. Timothy and Tanya were altogether different, and considering Nicole was probably breaking it to Issac as best she could, he felt it only right and proper to personally tell them about it.

When the door opened, he nodded politely at Tanya and rose an eyebrow curiously at his granddaughter standing with her.
                                                "Good evening Tanya, Elaina. I hope I am not intruding. Is this a good time to speak with you privately?" He certainly hoped so, He didn't want to distress her daughter or son with the news he was bringing.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: I had hoped I would be visiting with news better than this...
                                                OOC:

-❤-

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

𝒢𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈 𝒲𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑀𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya was wrangling her daughter away from her new keyboard that she had received for her birthday with a mental note to get her coworker's son a set of bongo drums for his next birthday as revenge. It was cute the first few days she was trying it out; she had enough pictures and videos to cause cuteness overload and a healthy amount of embarrassment once she was older, but it was slowly becoming a problem. Ella had figured out that there was a specific button that would play her favorite nursery song in a never-ending loop while she could bang on the keys and it's certainly been never-ending. Maybe if she taught her some actual songs it'd be a tad bearable. She had actually managed to grab the elusive toddler and swung her up in her arms when they heard a knock on the door. Tanya frowned since she was pretty sure they weren't expecting anyone but she was pretty sure she recognized such polite knocking. And after opening the door she was proved right, rolling her eyes comically as he still insisted on calling his granddaughter by her full name and asking so Jane Austen-ly to come in. Good grief he'd only raised her, he could stand to be a little more familiar.

"Hey, and it's as good a time as ever." she said with a chuckle opening the door wider for him to come in. Ella waved to her grandfather and would've dragged him over to her newest toy had her mother not shoo'd her out the room. She was familiar with his neutral facade but this was a whole different level and she was pretty sure he didn't need a toddler to hear or do whatever he came for. "Soo, what's with the late visit? Something happen?" Tanya asked wondering if it was about her mum or Issac.

And should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need
I'm so in love, so in love

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:03 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Gearvin allowed a faint smile to cross his lips as he watched Tanya shoo her daughter out of the room. He had a feeling that Elaina wanted to talk to him, in her own way, but while he was very sure that she was a joy to be around (well, maybe not to her parents if he recalled how exasperated he got from his own children when they were that age), he knew that the conversation was not for children's ears. He glanced around the living space and gestured for the couch. "Perhaps it would be best if we both took a seat." He sat down politely, not sure how she was going to handle the news. The last time she had heard about any of her relatives dying, it had been her biological father and he hadn't brought up warm feelings for the family. Quite the reverse, actually. He folded his hands into his lap, waiting for her to take a seat before he spoke next.

"This is about your brother, actually. Chalmes, not any other. He was involved in a mugging earlier today, and I just received the news about it. I..." His usual eloquent tongue seemed to stutter for a moment before he took a deep breath and continued, regardless. "Unfortunately he didn't survive the encounter."

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

-❤-

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Your silhouette over me
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya was definitely sensing something wrong when her father told her it'd be better to take a seat. She sat on the edge of the couch and looked at him expectantly waiting for whatever news he had to share with her. Her eyes widened when he finally began talking and mentioned it actually had to do with her eldest brother not the youngest. She steadily paled as he told her he'd been involved in a mugging and even while her brain caught on to the connotations and heard what her father was saying, the young woman still shook her head in denial. It hadn't even been that long since she'd seen him! She dropped off extra birthday cake just a week or so ago, he'd been fine. Logically she knew getting mugged wasn't some pre-existing condition but the idea that he had just been here and now he wasn't, nothing was adding up. "Wa-what do you mean he didn't survive? Is he still at the hospital? Maybe,maybe there's still something we can do, maybe they just, or we need-" Tanya stammered standing up running a hand through her hair. She knew enough to help a mugging depending on the wound. Maybe if he could take her to whatever hospital he was at she could help because the alternative was just not ok. He had young kids! Chance and Kory were still in Hogwarts, the twins had just started getting independent. None of this was fair. "This isn't right, it's not fu-it's not fair! What about the kids and Eli? Was he even thinking that stupid fecking sonuva-" She wiped away her tears hoping to catch them all before they fell further but it was mostly in vain once she started crying in earnest.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Gearvin watched as Tanya lost her composure at the news, and found himself struggling to maintain his. Chalmes had been his son, he'd defended him even when Gearvin's father had insisted on obliviating Chalmes and Christopher when they turned out to be squibs, and although the two had their disagreements in the past, he never thought he'd outlive him. He swallowed past a lump in his throat, taking a deep breath and reminding himself that he had to be the calm one here. It wouldn't help anyone if he broke down right now. "He was stabbed, and from what Chance had said, help had come late. He ended up bleeding out during sturgery." What that was, Gearvin had no clue, only that Chance had said it was supposed to help. Which, looking at what happened, hadn't helped at all. A sudden flash of anger stabbed at his chest, and he fought to maintain his composure at the apparent ineptitude of muggle medicine.

At least Tanya's ranting about it not being fair helped Gearvin find his focus again. He nodded, sighing and rubbing his forehead.
                                                "He does-did seem to jump into situations without thinking. Also it is not fair. Unfortunately life does not seem to care much for what is and is not." He stood, walking over to Tanya and giving her a hug and trying to ignore the fact that he himself needed it just as much as she did. "Is Echo around, and if not, do you wish for me to remain until he gets here? I have yet to tell Timothy, and Eretria is going over to Christopher's home to tell him. I just want to make sure that you are all right before I leave."

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

-❤-

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Your silhouette over me
Is the Tenerife sea

Tanya didn't know what was worse: the fact that her brother had died through a ******** stabbing-in this day and age!-or that her father had mispronounced "surgery" while explaining it. He couldn't blame him though, for all his open-mindedness he was still a pureblood and most muggle stuff was still sort of beyond him, let alone muggle medical procedure. Still, it didn't make her feel any better knowing that if he had been a wizard or if he had been closer he could've been taken to St. Mungos and they'd never have to deal with this situation. Guess she was part of the suck alternate world. She scoffed through her tears as he reiterated that it wasn't fair, because it damn well wasn't and eagerly wrapped her arms around him as he comforted her with a hug. At his questions, Tanya shook her head negatively before realizing he probably wouldn't understand it before she pulled away from his suit wiping at her eyes. "Echo's here, he's probably still in the media room with Tris. I'll just, I'll go and you go tell Timmy I'm fine. That's a damn lie, the hell, but I'll stay here you just. Yeah." she finished lamely wiping away the last of her tears. It wouldn't do her much good to go into the next room and have the kids see her still crying. It was going to be awful enough telling them without her blubbering.

Diamond Wales

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items