Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Kamenev English Manor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am
Kamenev Family

User Image

Kamenev English Manor
Cromer, Norfolk, England

Perched on the edge of a clifftop, the house seems to gradually grind into the edge of the steep mountain, though miraculously remains stable through magic. A narrow, winding path leads down the hillside to the swamp submerged beneath, inhabited by foul creatures and carnivorous fish. On the other side of the manor lies a deep forest stretching over Cromer and drowning out the sunlight through the thicket of leaves high overhead.

Grounds
Cursed Vault
Enchanted Dungeons
Oubliette
Dark Forest on the Western Border
Steep Cliff on Eastern Border
Shallow Lagoon

First Floor
Foyer
Grand Staircase
Tea Room
Kitchen, Buttery, and Pantry
Dining Room
Living Room
Ballroom
Nursery
Parlor
Sitting Hall
Master Bedroom

Second Floor
Bedrooms
Linen Room
Wardrobe Room
Grand Library
Hearth Room
Owlery

Attic
Locked, and barricaded
Living Quarters of Semira the Dementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am

H O U S ExxO C C U P A N T S
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

я никому не уступлю
ya nikomu ne ustuplyu
"I Yield To No One"

Main Branch

Aleksandr Kamenev
Squib
Second-born Son

Dmitri Kamenev
Patriarch
Fourth-born Son

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm
яesidential cяeatures

Kulzak, Aleksandr's half-kneazle, "AKA" Fat Cat
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 pm
Ка́менев семья

User Image
                              Years had come and gone, in fireflies and lullabies, with the rolling clouds of the storm, the lightning and thunder, the wisps of snow, small and heavy, and the kiss of spring. But she’d never felt so broken before. Even as Ilari stood before the ornate vanity mirror in the parlor, awaiting the anxious news of her daughter, she still smiled. She smiled more often now, it was a recent development, the smile of madness. A midnight rendezvous with her sister-in-law had changed her world, from the way that she viewed it to the colors it sang. She hadn’t yet realized it, but her fingers had curled around the edge of her vanity, tight, to hold on and stop herself from floating away…

Nadya, on the other hand, waited just on the other side of the door of the parlor with a heavy sigh in her throat and a deep frown etched on the canvas of her features. A small book was clutched in her long, bony fingers and tucked against her chest, as if might just escape from her grasp at any moment and make her mother wait, longer. A shuddery breath had escaped Nadya’s lips, and she nearly lurched out of her skin at the sound of her mother’s voice echoing from the other side.

”Nadya, darling dear, do come.”

Nadya couldn’t help but bristle at the thought of being discovered, he lip stiffened and her posture straightened automatically, not even given a second thought. Before she gave her mother a chance to speak and surprise her again, Nadya’s fingers swiveled around the doorknob and strolled in diligently, she was intent to be the one to surprise her mother this time, to see a shred of real happiness in her mother… Not the abomination of hope that was killing her like a slow poison. ”I found the book you wanted, the one with the names of who—“

”Aaanndd?” The long, winding, reproachful tone of voice rose in a high pitch as she sat with her back turned towards Nadya. Her fingers were busy, pristinely shining a glass matryoshka doll, each and every single little one inside and out.

Nadya bit back the sour stain on her tongue and straightened herself again, dropping her shoulders to hold her head straight. ”It was William Nott, he was the one who opposed. Nonetheless, Zabini, Greyor, and Kladick were involved, as well as Nott. From the behest of—“

I know by who, dear! She practically shrieked all at once. In the reflection of one of her Russian nesting dolls, she saw the silhouette of her daughter jump with a start. Ilari made no noise to acknowledge it, she smiled bright and gleaming and cleaned her dolls, placing one inside the other to join the slew of dolls with their friends that lined the shelves of the room, hundreds and hundreds of dolls to be cleaned.

”Er—Bernadette does not seem to remember anything, I—“

”Send Vlad—“

”Mother, he’s away at Durmstrang.”

”Then you go, dear, I want to know everything. I van know vat she had for dinne’, I van know vat socks she wears! Now go!” Ilari’s rapid fire speech permeated deep into her native tongue, thickening the consonants and harshing her vowels for a deep, brusque speech. Nadya barely batted an eye as she turned on her heel and walked away.

Ilari, with a deep breath filling her lungs, sat with a poised smile as she adjusted the perfect little doll on her desk, with long red hair, pale skin, and a somber, sad face, alongside a man with blonde hair, sharp features, and a bold, supportive smile.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm
User Image
Ка́менев семья

Alek had wandered about the manor, half-lidded eyes lazily flashed back and forth with barely a flinch for the glint of light that reflected off of his spectacles. His aunt wasn’t in the parlor, where she’d always been as of late, and he needed her—which was an odd thought to boast, in all reality. A dreary sigh had escaped the second born son of Nikolai and Anastasia, he had no qualms against his aunt, but, even in their madness, she was a little more tipped over the edge than the rest of them.

All the same, though, what could he expect—especially from someone who’d lost a child so young. After he rounded about the pillars at the mouth of the parlor, he swept long legs up the staircase and cast a lethargic brown eye up and down the second floor corridor. It was quiet, he realized somberly, he missed having a poor soul to torment--Nadya was no fun, and besides, he hadn't seen her in days. The rest of his family were all away at school, business, or hiding somewhere or other. The bedrooms of his own brothers were to the left, but it was his cousins bedrooms he needed to find, down the right hall and wrapped around-about the manor. And it was just as he feared, too. His footsteps on the hard wooden floors did little to rouse the attention from his Aunt Ilari, who sat, dead, but a smile on her face, on Misha’s bed. It was like a shrine in there, everything was exactly as his cousin had left it years ago when he went missing. A heavy gulp weighed down his throat as he rasped his knuckles against the open door, too scared to cross the sanctum bordered by the white plush carpet to reach her.

”Aleksandr, my sweet, you’ve come to say your goodbyes too,” her soft, wistful voice swam melodiously in the night air.

Alek froze with a fright as his foot hung in the open air, interrupted by her stirring voice, and awkwardly took that last step forward as he cleared his throat. He didn’t know what to say, not when she was like this. ”Tetya Ilari,” Alek’s deep, brusque voice gnarled in his native tongue momentarily. ”I… I finished those portraits you’ve asked.”

”Ah, da, da,” her frail, bony fingers were wrinkles and wrinkles, it was all Alek noticed as she waved him closer. ”Come, me dear, come. I have much yet for you to do.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:05 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

”Now, watch me, Dimi,” Ilari, his aunt, had been clear on instructions as she stood before him in the sitting hall with her fingers coiled around her wand. She waved it delicately, light and airy, but simple, and then she said, ”—adhearo.” A small glow of light emanated from the tip of her wand as she thrust it towards the vase from where it rested against the marble pedestal. The glass vase forged in dragon fire (or at least that’s what they say…) was suddenly stuck together, practically melted in. ”See, there vous are, Dimi. Now, you try.”

”I don’t see why I have to learn this, she’ll cast the counter anyway.” He groaned, a stifling sigh was on the edge of his lips as he balanced his weight from one foot to the other. But his aunt didn’t seem to notice, her stark wave beckoned him forward to try his hand. She was quick to cast the countercharm, and he held his wand deliberately in front of him as if he were going to duel.

”Adhearo!” He decreed, his wand in a wisp of flurry as he thrust it forward upon the vase and waited hesitantly. A soft, amiable glow was a beacon at the end of his wand, but when his aunt deftly stabbed her index finger against the vase, it fell over and shattered on the floor with an echoing crash.

”No, no, no, Dimi. No. Try again.”

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:12 am
User Image 𝕬leksandr 𝕶amenev
____ 27, 6' 3", 210lbs, Bartender
___________𝕹adya 𝕶amenev
_______________ 28, 5' 9", 135lbs, Healer
___________________𝕯mitri 𝕶amenev
_______________________ 20, 5' 11", 185lbs, Obliviator

It was tense; dinner was always tense these days. Mostly because anything resembling a family dinner had been rather scarce as of late. But here they sat, a family, nonetheless—or what was left of the bitter and broken fragments hiding inside this empty skeleton house. Nadya nursed at her bowl of soup; Alek stared out the dusty window; Dmitri, on the other hand, was ready to break the table under his knuckles.

”This is disgusting,” Dmitri said suddenly, ”I'm tired of this...this der'mo.” His cursing had startled Nadya, but Alex lowered his gaze.

”You don't get to complain,” Nadya snipped back, clearly enunciating her speech, as if to prove a point. ”Not like I see you making an effort.” She rolled her eyes, and for a moment, the boys' assumed that would've been the end of that. But Dmitri ruined that notion by slapping his bowl across the table. Chicken broth and vegetables splattered everywhere; all down Alek's lap and he toppled over his chair to jump to his feet. ”Dmitri! What the hell!” Nadya shouted for him.

”You! Both of you!” Dimi was on his feet now too, and Nadya stared up at them with her arms crossed defiantly over her chest.”This isn't right! How could you stand this! They took everything from us and you're not even going to do anything about it! We can—“

”Dammit, Dimi, not this again,” Alek's deep voice roared over his brother to cut him off, They didn't do anything Dmitri. It was our parents. All of our parents,” he paused to acknowledge his cousin who seemed ready to wring her hands around Dmitri's neck. ”They used us and they lied to us; they tortured that poor girl for years. That's not right, god dammit, do you know how <********> that is?—Of course not, because you're an egotistical bloody maniac who can't pull his head out of his arse!”

Silence filled the room and nobody was looking at anyone. All of their eyes had somehow diverted to a certain speck of dust on opposite corners of the bare kitchen. No one wanted to admit the truth of it, and Alek wouldn't bring himself to apologize. Dmitri was the first to recover. ”They were just trying to protect what was ours....” Somehow, he managed to stay calm. But Alek wasn't so kind.

”I bet they never even told you,” Alek snarled, stressed and fed up with the conversation, so he shoved his mismatched chair underneath the rickety table, moved his dishes to the cluttered sink but never stopped his shouting from across the room. ”Why would they? You're fourth born—you were just a kid—they never told you anything. I bet you didn't even believe it when you heard it at the trials!.. Or...wait...that's right,", he paused and sneered, "You weren't there, were you? Did you even read it in the papers?”

”Alek, stop it,” Nadya warned him, a vicious glare caught him off-guard, she had never seen him be so cruel. But he never did stop.

”I bet you just avoid it! Don't you Dimi? You were always so fond of running. Running from Vlad; from Rurik.”

”Shut up,” Dmitri hissed under his breath, an itchy finger finally reached for his wand at the mention of their eldest brother, the first one to have been locked away. Dmitri hadn't even started Hogwarts when it happened. But he'd been so fond of Rurik—and Alek knew it.

”They murdered dozens of innocent people, Dmitri. They blackmailed, extorted, manipulated, and tortured.” Alek emphasized harshly, lingering in the doorway to the corridor. ”Most importantly, they lied to us! They hurt us! They ruined this house, our family—they did—not the ministry. Stop running from the truth, Dmitri! ...You don't run fast.”

Nadya was on her feet, gliding around the table to try and comfort her younger cousin. Bullheaded and delusional as he was, they were the only family they had left and she was desperate to do anything to keep them together. Dmitri wasn't in the mood to even humor her; he slapped her hand away and darted around the other end of the table as heavy feet led him toward the front door. He didn't know where he was going but he knew he needed to get out of there, as if the situation wasn't bad enough, he couldn't stop himself from passive aggressively shouting over his shoulder, ”I don't need your comfort, woman, back off.”

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games