Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Edgeworth Family Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:13 pm
Open my chest and colour my spine
I'm giving you all, I'm giving you all
Swallow my breath
And take what is mine
I'll be the blood, if you'll be the bones

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODAUROR

Marina had always considered herself a fairly heavy sleeper, but she would have had to have been in a coma to not rouse at the bloodcurdling shrieks emanating from the hallway. Still half asleep, she sat bolt upright in bed, snatching up her wand with one hand and fumbling for the bedside light with the other. The light snapped on just as the door burst open and Lucia tore into the room, still screaming, and Marina shoved back the covers and scrambled out of bed. She was too shocked and tired for any actual alarm to register; it'd been a long night at work and she'd only gotten home at half past nine.

Missing dinner wasn't something she enjoyed, but it was a hazard of the job... one of many. And the office was certainly more stressful than usual when your previously assumed dead mother in law was a suspect in multiple homicides. There was a reason she'd sent Gid off to Hogwarts with more warnings and lectures than was typical even for her, and why she'd been 'this' close to making him forgo the train ride entirely and dropping him off at the gates herself. As stressful as it was, she'd at least had the comfort that he was still far safer at Hogwarts than anywhere else... even their own home, loathe as she was to admit it.

She could set up as many spells and charms as she liked, but every halfway decent auror knew that all magical defenses had their limits. Anyone passingly proficient in the dark arts was more than capable of breaking into a (reasonably) secured home that wasn't a bloody stronghold, and Marina refused to carry out her every day life in fear and paranoia. She'd faced- if not worse- than Dahlia Edgeworth Wynters Nott whatever the hell her name was- well, she'd faced more than the typical share of murderous bastards, and in the end, things had always seemed to culminate in some sort of confrontation no matter what precautions were taking.

Marina had just been rather hoping said confrontation would take place outside of the confines of their flat, in the light of day, and preferably within range of backup. Of course, that was just wishful thinking. Dahlia was hardly going to make this easy for her- the woman had been making things difficult for her since the age of bloody fourteen, for Merlin's sake. It was just that Dahlia hadn't been quite to the point of murdering entire families then. Bit of a slow build with her, really. But the point remained that this was far from ideal, and she knew it was Dahlia before even glimpsing the woman's face because frankly, Lucia was not the type of child to run screaming anywhere, ever, at all.

Barefoot, the tiredness slowly giving way to a combination of fury and cold strategy, and wishing she was wearing more than one of Damien's old shirts for clothing at the moment, Marina practically bounded towards Lucia in an attempt to grab her before a dark witch came through the doorway, and in the midst of that swipe at said child, screamed, "PROTEGO!" while slashing her wand in the direction of the hall. "Stupefy!" she hastily followed this with, not willing to cast anything more complex when she still didn't even have her bearings straight- what if she accidentally hit Brownie, or a spell rebounded and caught Damien? She'd never quite realized how small and penned in the master bedroom was until now.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

So lift up my body, and lose all control
You hover like a hummingbird
Haunt me in my sleep
You'll sailing from another world
Sinking in my sea, you're feeding off my energy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              fαтнєя ∂ι∂ уσυ мιѕѕ мє, вєєи ℓσ¢кє∂ υρ α ωнιℓє
                                              ι gσт ¢αυgнт fσя ωнαт ι ∂ι∂ вυт тσσк ιт αℓℓ ιи ѕтуℓє
                                              ℓαι∂ тσ яєѕт αℓℓ му ¢σиfєѕѕισиѕ ι gανє ωαу вα¢к ωнєи
                                              иσω ι'м νєяѕє∂ ιи ѕσ мυ¢н ωσяѕє, ѕσ ι αм вα¢к αgαιи

spaceDahlia sneered when her first spell, a hastily thrown expelliarmus, had splashed rather uselessly off of Marina's equally hastily thrown shield. She managed to dodge the stunning spell that followed, but the time this little exchange took was apparently sufficient for her son to realize what was happening. Before she could say or do anything about it, a loud crack sounded, and he, along with the little girl, disappeared.

spaceHad she been in a more rational frame of mind, she might've skipped all the drama of a proper fight and simply killed Marina. But, in her current state, she was too wound up to perform a killing curse. It wasn't even worth the attempt. Of course, that didn't stop her from making an attempt, and snarling as the spell fizzled half-formed from her wand. She gave it another go, then gave up, a strangled noise of frustration escaping her before she tried, once again, to disarm Marina.

spaceWhether or not this attempt was successful, she didn't know; her attention was drawn by the opening of a door behind her. From it, the house-elf appeared, looking distraught. Dahlia's expression grew manic, a twisted smile forming. Well, then. She'd have a chance to kill them both, here and now. She could worry about Damien and his children later.

spaceThat thought in mind, she cast a knockback hinx in the direction of the creature, cackling in glee when Brownie was sent flying down the hall.
                                              "Not so fun, being on this side of the equation, is it, you little rat?" she screamed, repeating the jinx for good measure.

fσя тнє ωαуѕ тнαт ι нυят, ωнєи ι'м нιкιиg υρ му ѕкιят
                                              ι αм ѕιттιиg σи α тняσиє ωнιℓє тнєу'яє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ∂ιят
                                              fσя тнє мαи тнαт ι нαтє, ι'м gσιиg тσ нєℓℓ
                                              gєттιи' нєανу ωιтн тнє ∂єνιℓ, уσυ ¢αи нєαя тнє ωє∂∂ιиg вєℓℓѕ

wнere - Damien's Flat
                                              wнen - Midnight, Fall 2042
                                              wιтн - Lucia
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

#a54657 Lucia

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:45 pm
Swallow my breath
And take what is mine

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina was relieved that, in retrospect, they hadn't placed any anti-apparition charms on the flat. She didn't have to much as look before thrusting Lucia at Damien, which allowed her to keep her focus on Dahlia, who, while no world class duelist, was still a very much active threat. Honestly, she seemed so unhinged that Marina would be surprised if she even had the concentration necessary to properly cast any Unforgivables. That wasn't to say that Marina was thrilled to be fighting a madwoman, but she'd take an erratic madwoman who couldn't manage a Killing Curse over a stone cold, hyper-focused assassin any day.

Now that she didn't have to work around her civilian husband and child, Marina allowed herself to weave easily to the side, dodging Dahlia's disarming attempt. If her wand was taken all hope wasn't lost, since she did have some skill with wandless magic, but frankly Marina didn't like her odds in a wandless duel. She'd never had the natural affinity for it that some wizards seemed to. Her eyes widened when she heard the sound of a door opening down the hall, but before she could call out a warning to Brownie Dahlia's spell had sent the elf flying. At least she'd only used a knockback jinx. Hoping to keep the woman's attention and allow Brownie time to escape as well, Marina stepped out into the hall herself, although she didn't want to be completely pinned down in such a narrow space.

"I see your repertoire hasn't expanded much in the past decade," Marina called more lightly than she currently felt, which was furious, sending a Petrificus Totalus Dahlia's way. "Come on, Dahlia, what have you been doing all this time? Keeping up that awful dye job? Filing your nails? I would have thought you'd have more to show for yourself- BRACHIABINDO!" She advanced down the hall, trying to force Dahlia back into the sitting room- this cat and mouse game of batting at each other from opposite ends of the hall wasn't going to last forever. "Then again," Marina said breathlessly, "you were always were resistant to progress- EXPELLIARMUS!"

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Haunt me in my sleep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDahlia was so distracted by the elf, she very nearly failed to defend herself from Marina's spell. A hastily thrown shield charm saved her, just barely. She narrowed her eyes as the redhead advanced on her, glancing briefly over her shoulder at the house-elf behind her. She was surrounded, which was rather unfortunate. The only way to get out of the middle of them was to acquiesce to Marina's obvious attempts to get her out of the hallway. She sneered, backing into the sitting room. Intending to throw another knockback jinx at the elf (hopefully one that would throw her into some furniture and break her little neck), she raised her wand. But, before she could attempt the spell, it flew from her hand.

spaceDahlia shrieked in rage, cursing her age more than ever as she attempted to scramble for her wand, impeded as much by the brittleness of her bones as she was by her dress and heels. She almost had it, the thing just within her grasp, when Brownie beat her to it, jumping back with the wand in hand and a triumphant giggle. Dahlia lunged for the creature, intent on getting her wand (as well as a hand around the elf's throat), when she was thrown back against the wall opposite.

space"The Brownie is thinking that this feels quite familiar, mistress," she said, her glee not overshadowing her obvious anger. Nor did it cover the sarcastic way she addressed her former mistress.

spaceDahlia sneered.
                                              "It'll feel just as familiar when I tie you down and torture you within an inch of your life," she snarled, lifting herself up from the ground, fists clenched. Wandless had never been her forte, she didn't quite have the focus for it. The patience. But she had no real choice at the moment. The stunning spell she sent towards Brownie was half-powered at best, but enough to get her to drop the wand. Dahlia lunged for it once again, the tip under the creatures throat as she grabbed her.

spaceDahlia spun to face Marina, the smile on her face nothing if not completely unhinged.
                                              "Come on, then, dear. Let's have it. She's old anyway, right? Won't last much longer on her own. Is she worth letting me live?" All she had to do, she knew, was piss Marina off. Make her sloppy. And the bleeding heart would never hurt the house-elf, so as long as she had her, she was fine.

wнere - Damien's Flat
                                              wιтн - Lucia
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

#a54657 Lucia

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Swallow my breath
And take what is mine

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina couldn't help her smile when Brownie disarmed Dahlia, life-threatening situation or not. She quickened her previously slow and steady pace as soon as the wand was out of the woman's grip, closing the distance between them until they were barely more than a yard apart, and was about to cast another stunner when Brownie sent Dahlia hurtling into the wall. That was certainly going to leave a dent in the plaster. Marina tensed as Dahlia attempted a wandless spell- she had no idea how proficient she was with wandless magic, although she was willing to hazard a guess of 'not very'.

Unfortunately, while her spell failed, it did allow her to regain her wand, and Marina was instantly infuriated with herself for not acting faster to get it out of the woman's reach. Brownie was capable of defending herself, but she was still much smaller and weaker than any adult witch or wizard. Now Marina circled Dahlia warily, trying not to let her alarm or fury show. Dahlia was obviously hoping to set her on edge and gain the upper hand. It didn't help that they were in such close quarters. There wasn't much room to dodge or run in the admittedly small sitting room.

Steeling herself, Marina stilled, lowering her own wand, and adopting a slightly placating look. "Alright," she said, if not calmly, then at least quietly. "You want to live? Dahlia. Let's be reasonable. In order to kill me you're going to have to point that wand somewhere other than at Brownie, and the moment that happens she's going to send you through the ceiling, if not a window. You don't have much time. Damien will have already alerted the Ministry. In a few minutes this place will be crawling with aurors and hit wizards. Don't you want to settle this?"

As if to acquiesce, she almost lightly dropped her wand onto the sofa she was standing beside; "In fact, why don't you give it your best shot, expelliarmus-," Marina's other hand flew up to point a finger at Dahlia's own wand. She was never going to pull off any advanced magic wandlessly.... but she could certainly manage a disarming spell, and her own wand was still within reach. She immediately dropped to the floor, snatching back her wand off the sofa and rolling over the coffee table, ignoring the way her back felt, and scrambling back up onto her feet. She was younger and more nimble than Dahlia by far. She had to keep moving and use her speed and dexterity to her advantage; the older woman was wearing heels, for Merlin's sake.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Haunt me in my sleep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDahlia almost wanted to laugh when Marina asked if she wanted to live. Technically, she supposed, she would like to survive this particular altercation, since she still had work to do. But she was well aware that her own life was forfeit at this point, that eventually she'd end up dead as a result of what she was doing. And she was fine with that. Her life had been nothing but misery since the day she got the letter informing her of the incident Damien's first year. "Have you ever known me to be reasonable, my dear?" she sneered, the tip of her wand digging into Brownie's throat ever so slightly. Personally, she thought she'd been quite reasonable throughout most of her life, this most recent venture notwithstanding. But even this was reasonable, provided you understood things like breeding and bloodlines and what really mattered. Unfortunately, it seemed no one else in the world cared much about any of those things anymore, which left her looking... well, insane. But she was fine with that.

spaceHer eyes narrowed as she watched Mari drop her wand onto the couch; her own arm relaxed marginally, less out of comfort and more out of confusion. What sort of person deliberately left themselves wandless, even if they were proficient at doing magic without? Before she could really question it, however, Marina had taken advantage of her state and disarmed her.

spaceDahlia shrieked again, eyes blazing as she threw the house-elf out of the way.
                                              "You filthy little b***h," she snarled, stalking towards her daughter-in-law. "Thorn in my side, you ruined everything!" Years of pent up anger, aggression, bitterness, were seconds from bubbling over. "My son, my child, I did everything for him, built everything for him, and you toppled it all down. Stupid, foolish boy, I raised him better!" As she drew closer, she lunged for Marina, arms extended as if to put her hands on the other woman's throat. Wand or not, she was going to kill her.

wнere - Damien's Flat
                                              wιтн - Lucia
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

#a54657 Lucia

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:43 am
Swallow my breath
And take what is mine

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina kept moving, brushing against the back of the couch, ready to dive out of the way at any moment. But to her surprise, instead of immediately going for her wand again and thereby leaving herself momentarily open, Dahlia instead went straight for her. She'd known the woman was unstable, but it took a certain breed of lunatic to charge at an auror wandless. Instinctively, she backed up, bumping into a discarded pillow on the floor, and nearly stumbled, but then realized Dahlia was going for her (literal) throat and her wand arm came up instinctively. A cold sensation, as if she'd just drank a jug of icy water, began to spread in her gut.

Yes, she was probably physically stronger than Dahlia, but if the woman grappled her to the floor and got on top it was anyone's game. Marina was certainly physically in-shape, if not as lean and adrenaline-fueled as she had been before two pregnancies, but that didn't mean she'd necessarily come out the winner when contending with pure murderous rage. And if Dahlia got her hands on her wand- there was no time to think anymore. "Avada kedavra!" she gasped out, just as Dahlia's fingers brushed her throat, her other arm coming up to physically block the woman. But her spell was too close to miss, at this range, and Marina blinked in almost surprise as it struck true.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Haunt me in my sleep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDahlia could see the fear in Marina's eyes, reveled in it as she closed the distance between them. If she couldn't best her with magic, she'd kill the b***h with her bare hands. These weren't really conscious thoughts, of course, because her body was more or less moving on autopilot as she sought to dole out her justice, to right all the wrongs. Marina had been the start of everything, had ruined everything. Originally she'd intended to let her live, to make her suffer the loss of her husband and children. Then, when it'd become obvious she was too much of a threat, she'd wanted to use magic, a quick killing curse to snuff her out in her sleep. But as her fingers barely brushed the skin of her daughter-in-law's throat, she realized she preferred it this way.

spaceThat was her last thought, the last thing that ever crossed the mind of Dahlia Wynters, Edgeworth, Callidora Tempest or Nott or whoever else she might've been. All her identities collapsed in on themselves, all the names and thoughts and beliefs fleeing in a flash of green light, a curse cast too close for her to do anything about it. She never even realized it happened, her body collapsing to the floor with that manic, crazed look permanently etched on her face. Eyes stared up at the ceiling and saw nothing, the chaos ending as quickly as it had begun. It was over. She was dead.

wнere - Damien's Flat
                                              wιтн - Lucia
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

#a54657 Lucia

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100