Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Two questions! (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

doodlekris

Invisible Girl

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:02 pm
1) What is questing?

2) Can you unsubscribe from the announcements somehow? They're too much and I don't have money to spend mad  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 pm
doodlekris
1) What is questing?

2) Can you unsubscribe from the announcements somehow? They're too much and I don't have money to spend mad

This has long confused new users. Usually when Gaians are saving up gold to buy an item, they say that they are questing. It's just slang. If I were saving up for Fairy Wings, I'd probably use the phrase "I'm questing Fairy Wings."

The questers haven't activated a quest feature or anything. But they've often made a thread in the [Charity/Quests Forum] and are actively trying to earn gold by playing Booty Grab, Fishing, collecting trash, vending on the marketplace, etc. Making a nice quest thread in the charity forum is often something that donators look for. They like to see the progress you've tracked and your dedication to your quest.

...And I'm 99.9% sure that there's no way to unsubscribe from announcements. It's too bad. Before 2014, they were rare and we looked forward to them. You just have to ignore them if you don't want to click on them, but at least it only saves the last 10 announcements.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

doodlekris

Invisible Girl

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:44 pm
sdrawkcab
doodlekris
1) What is questing?

This has long confused new users. Usually when Gaians are saving up gold to buy an item, they say that they are questing. It's just slang. If I were saving up for Fairy Wings, I'd probably use the phrase "I'm questing Fairy Wings."

The questers haven't activated a quest feature or anything. But they've often made a thread in the [Charity/Quests Forum] and are actively trying to earn gold by playing Booty Grab, Fishing, collecting trash, vending on the marketplace, etc. Making a nice quest thread in the charity forum is often something that donators look for. They like to see the progress you've tracked and your dedication to your quest.

...And I'm 99.9% sure that there's no way to unsubscribe from announcements. It's too bad. Before 2014, they were rare and we looked forward to them. You just have to ignore them if you don't want to click on them, but at least it only saves the last 10 announcements.

Thank you very much for the full answer cx I had piecing it together for a week but that was very thorough heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:02 pm
doodlekris

Thank you very much for the full answer cx I had piecing it together for a week but that was very thorough heart
No problem! I know how confusing it can be.  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items