Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Masters Family Beach House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:40 pm
Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move...
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ Kalin didn't realize that Lyre was there until he felt her touch on his shoulder and flinched violently. He quickly tried to dry his eyes with his hands but soon looked to realize that they were covered in smashed pasta and grimaced in distaste. Beneath the stickiness though he could see that his hands were red and when he flexed his fingers they stung and felt rather stiff reminding him that the pasta had still be hot when he lost his mind and tried boxing with it. "I-I-I'm fine L-Lyre. I just...just spilled some food, I'll p-pick it up..." he told her, his voice hoarse from the sobbing. He winced as he turned on the cold tap water to rinse what remained of the macaroni down the drain and some of the cold water splashed against his burns as he tried to maybe shield himself away from Lyre. When he turned to reach some dish soap and a scrubber, Kalin remembered that some of the water from earlier had splashed onto the floor and looked horrified from it to Lyre as she stood beside him. "You shouldn't be in here! There's water on the floor, what if you slip andand hurt the baby! I couldn't-James wouldn't-you, you should sit down! Away from the kitchen!" he rambled towards her gently coaxing her away from the mess he had caused so that she wouldn't trip and fall. He was sure he'd never forgive himself if his irrational behavior had caused harm to Lyre's baby.

Miss GryffindorK

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:08 am
User ImageUser Image
𝐸𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓏𝓏 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre flinched back when Kalin did, looking a bit surprised. He turned over his hands, which were covered in a paste from the pasta that was spilled everywhere. His poor hands looked like they'd been burnt to at least some degree, which made the woman, and mother-to-be, a bit concerned. Kalin never acted this irrational, and she had to figure out what was going on. He promptly said he'd spilled food, but judging by the mess and the sounds she'd heard earlier, it seemed like he'd thrown an entire pot of pasta at the wall. "Kalin, love, this wasn't a spill. Your hands look like they're in pain. Should I get some aloe?" Her words held concern, and she reached out to gently touch him again, stopping only because she remembered his reaction the last time. When he looked up at her in horror, the redhead's first thought was to lay a hand on the rather large bump in her belly. Her daughter was a very high concern, of course. Though when Kalin started telling her to leave and saying James wouldn't want her in there, she awkwardly crossed her arms over her chest. "Kalin, the issue isn't about me, nor is it about Maya. I'm standing still, after all! I'm not about to fall. Kalin, please tell me what's going on? I'be never seen you so upset!" He tried to coax her out of the kitchen, but she dutifully remained in place, trying to be adamant. Of course, she couldn't look very threatening when she was both very tiny and very pregnant. Lyre gently grabbed Kalin's wrists, trying to calm him in any way possible.

Yukina101

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇɴ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ-ᴡɪsᴇ Hᴇʀᴄᴜʟᴇs ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ ᴏᴅᴅs?
Isɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ғɪᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴇᴅ?
Lᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ I ᴛᴏss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴀ ɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғᴀsᴛ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇsʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʟɪғᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:35 pm
Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move...
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ Kalin didn't answer at Lyre's question about the aloe instead using the pain as penance as he scrubbed away at the dirty pot and tried not to feel any more guilt as he saw her place a hand over her swollen belly. He also tried not to think of how Thane might act around her. While he liked to act obtuse and distant around people he really had a soft spot for kids especially babies. He could barely keep in the sob threatening to spill over as he moved around the kitchen looking for a mop to clean the spilled water and pasta from the floor still avoiding looking at Lyre. He had given up trying to move her from the kitchen more from the fear that if he actually tried to use force he'd accidentally hurt her more than the water would. Kalin was going to try again to convince her when he felt her tiny hands wrap around his wrists and stilled his movements so he couldn't jostle her. It took him awhile to gather his thoughts and to get his breathing to work right but when he did all he could whisper was, "He never wrote back." His brown eyes found hers as the tears spilled over from their sides as he tried to explain. "Thane he, he promised he'd write back every two weeks. He-he promised that he'd tell me if he didn't want to,want me anymore. It's been two months and I haven't, I didn't get anything and my letters, my gifts, they're all returned." Kalin wiped at his eyes again, once again twitching at the slight burning pain coming from his hands.

Miss GryffindorK

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre watched Kalin, waiting patiently for an answer. He was clearly avoiding her, trying to mop up around and all. After she'd taken his wrists, Kalin finally stopped, though he sounded like he was struggling to breathe. When he started crying, she felt tears well up in her own eyes. Darn hormones! Finally, he responded, telling her of the promise he and Thane had made, the promise to write, but Thane had broken his deal. Lyre moved one of her hands to gently pat Kalin's cheek. What was she to say to a heartbroken fellow? Particularly one as gentle and loving as Kalin! "Oh, oh no, Kalin. Oh, you don't deserve that... oh no." She wiped her eyes with her hand before waddling a bit closer to the man and hugging him carefully. "Maybe something happened? Or... or maybe..." She tried to come up with a logical solution, but one wasn't coming to her mind. She'd never experienced something as tragic as this, as her most tragic heartbreak was being moved away from Xavier when she was still at Hogwarts. "Maybe he thinks it best to move on... And I know you don't want to hear it. Oh, I know you love him so much, Kalin, but perhaps it's for the best? Oh I sound like my mother saying that..." She sighed quietly, looking up at the younger male. He was very tall compared to her, or even to James, so she had to physically look up at him. He was in pain and she wanted to help him, but she was absolute rubbish at magic and her aloe was all the way across the house, so it would take her a rather long time to get it. She just wished she knew what to say.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝑀𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

════════════════

After an incredibly long labor that seemed to last days, Lyre and James had welcomed their beautiful baby girl into the world. Another three days in the hospital to make sure everything was going along alright had made the new mother a bit grumpy. She didn't rather enjoy staying in the uncomfortable bed and being tutted on by a multitude of doctors and nurses. Not to mention the crazy "lactation expert" that kept popping in. Honestly, Lyre was glad to be going home.

The redhead shuffled to the house, pushing Maya's little pram. She looked rather frumpy, her hair tied into a messy ponytail instead of a neat bun. In her defense, she thought, she was dealing with a screeching newborn! Lyre pushed open the door and wandered in, carefully scooping up her little baby. Maya was not very happy about all the moving and fussing, but Lyre wrapped her in her blanket and cuddled her, sighing in relief as the baby stopped squirming enough for the mother to put her pacifier in her wide open mouth. After a few seconds of consideration from the baby, Lyre sighed again, grateful that the terribly loud screams had finally stopped. It would be a very long time indeed before she got any sleep if the baby screamed all the time.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:04 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHome
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre, Maya
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelieved
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м looĸιn aт y o υ, yeaн, yoυ're looĸιn aт м e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕoмeтнιng a в o υ т yoυ'ѕ goт мe goιn' c r a z y xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕo wнaт ѕ н o υ l d ι d o? wнaт c a n ι ѕ a y? xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe'ѕ в e a υ т ι ғ υ l, υnυѕυal, тнe preттιeѕт т н ι n g xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames was a professional athlete. Not only was he a professional athlete, he was a professional Quidditch player. Quidditch, which was one of the most dangerous sports in the world, if he did say so himself. The knowledge that it'd been a very, very long time since the game had resulted in any casualties did not change the fact that he could very well die on the pitch. Magic was great, but that didn't mean it was infallible. One bludger, hitting him just right, and he could die. One slip off his broom, and no one to catch him in time, he could die.

spaceAnd yet, somehow, the endless hours of Lyre's labor managed to be the most nerve-wracking, terrifying thing he'd ever endured. She was so tiny. She'd been so round. He'd been utterly convinced there for a while that she was going to die. Him dying, he could handle. He'd hate to do it, because that would leave her alone. But hey, she was gorgeous and smart and clever and adorable and endearing and a thousand other things that meant as soon as she'd finished mourning him, she'd find someone else to keep her happy. He figured it'd be rather hypocritical of himself to be jealous of the bloke, so he generally accepted this fact and moved on with his life. But her dying would end him. He couldn't handle it. Especially not if she'd died giving birth to their child. And God forbid if something had gone wrong with the baby.

spaceNothing had, though. It'd be long, and hard (at least for her, he wasn't stupid enough to claim any difficulty on his part), and he'd thought it was never going to end. But it had, and now they had a beautiful baby girl. He'd stayed at the hospital with her, refusing to go home until they were ready to go as a family. He followed behind his wife, wanting to help her with the baby, but he was a bit busy carrying in everything they'd taken to the hospital (most of which had proved unnecessary, as he'd been told, but what if it hadn't been? He'd wanted to be prepared), plus everything that they'd been gifted while in the hospital from their respective family members. James hadn't seen most of his relatives since... God, he didn't even know how long it'd been. And yet, it'd seemed like the whole bloody Masters clan had heard about their bundle of joy, and felt obligated to show up and drop off various bundles for said bundle. Blankets, onesies, pacifiers, toys, diapers, if it weren't for magic he'd never have been able to get it in all at once. He did, though, and dropped it rather unceremoniously on the floor the second they were inside. He was at least quiet about it, though, because Maya had just gone quiet, and he didn't want to make her start crying again.

space"Luv, why don't you let me take her?" he asked quietly. "Go sit down, settle into bed, get comfy. You haven't gotten a second of proper rest in weeks." She was always beautiful, nothing would change that. But she was also obviously exhausted, dark circles under her eyes and a slow, plodding sort of walk. She needed to relax. And, besides... he wanted to have some time with the baby. He hadn't gotten much so far. It seemed like every time he'd gotten a chance to hold her, a nurse had appeared, or a relative, or Milo and bloody Wyatt, and they'd wanted the baby. Dammit. She was his daughter, why had he spent less time holding her than everyone else?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx no one elѕe c o м p a r e ѕ тo yoυ
                                                          xxxxxx jυѕт d o wнaт yoυ d o and ι wιll вe т н e r e ғor y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ιғ yoυ т a ĸ e мy н a n d, jυѕт g ι v e мe тнe c н a n c e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx don'т w o r r y aвoυт a т н ι n g, jυѕт dance, dance, d a n c e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝑀𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

════════════════

Lyre rocked her daughter carefully in her arms, not noticing her own swaying. She looked over toward James when he set down all their new things, wondering why he'd placed them there. Maya grunted and kicked her little foot, pondering being upset before her eyes drooped back down. The redhead adjusted the girl, laying her head on her shoulder. When James mentioned taking the baby in exchange for Lyre taking a nap. She was rather tired, after all. "I think you just want a chance to hold her. Admittedly, I don't blame you. She's very nice to hold." Her voice sounded almost dreamy as she looked between her husband and child.

With a small kiss to the baby's forehead, Lyre carefully handed her over to James, watching as the girl squirmed at the movement. "Well, you've been awake with me. The hospital wasn't conducive to sleep at all." She kissed James' cheek before flopping on the couch with a sigh. He was right, though. She was very tired. Lyre let loose her messy hair, thinking herself to need a shower, rather than a nap. After a moment, she pushed her shaky body off the couch and went to go take a quick shower. She exhaled in relief when she kicked on the hot water and let it wash away her stress.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHome
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre, Maya
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelieved

spaceJames considered arguing with her about their respective levels of exhaustion, but figured there wasn't much point to it. She was the woman who'd just given birth, if she wanted to be generous and pretend that he was even half as tired as she was, he'd give it to her. Instead, he made a faint noise of agreement, arms reaching out to take the baby. As soon as he was holding her, his expression changed, a dopey grin spreading across his face as he looked down at her. Augh, she was so cute! And tiny. So, so tiny. As Lyre stood and began towards the bedroom, he contemplated helping her to bed, but thought he'd let it go. He'd gone overboard with the over-protectiveness when she was pregnant, he should probably drop it.

spaceHe paused, though, when he heard the shower start, scowling. He started to shout that he'd told her to have a nap, not a shower, and couldn't she at least take a bath so she'd be relaxing and not on her feet. But, before the words came out, Maya made a soft noise, looking up towards him, and he thought the better of it. Couldn't send the child into tears again. Merlin only knew how long it'd take them to get her to stop again. He cooed at her gently, mumbling quiet nonsense about how cute she was, and how sweet, and pretty, how she was his perfect little girl and how much he loved her.

spaceApparently, his daughter found praise just as relaxing as he did; it wasn't long before she was sleepily closing her eyes, yawning and fidgeting as much as a newborn could manage when bundled up in her father's arms. His stomach rumbled after a couple minutes, and he wondered if he could manage to grab a snack without waking her. The seeker debated for a moment, and then carried her into the kitchen, opening the fridge to rummage around. At least Kalin kept them fairly well stocked, he thought. The only thing that sucked was, he only had one hand available to him. James sighed, staring at the fridge's contents while he lightly bounced his daughter to try and keep her sleeping. He should've called the younger man to come home with them and cook. That would've been the smart thing to do. Except, he'd wanted to be home alone with his wife and child for the first time... Now he regretted that. Oh, well. He'd figure something out, right?

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝑀𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

════════════════

Lyre leaned against the wall of the shower, letting the water rain over her. After taking a few minutes to wash herself, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped up in a fluffy towel. The woman then walked into the bedroom and donned a cozy nightgown. As wonderful as a nap sounded, she heard someone in the kitchen. Perhaps Kalin had heard they made it home? The redhead wrapped her hair in her towel and wandered into the kitchen. While she was expecting to see Kalin there, she was a bit surprised to see James. "Are you trying to make food? I can get you a sandwich or something, dear." She hurried over, hoping to prevent any movement from waking their fussy daughter. The first night with her, Lyre had sneezed and Maya cried for nearly an hour! The woman gently set her hand on James' shoulder, looking up at him. He looked so wonderful holding the sweet little baby.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused

spaceJames was sort of surprised when he heard the phone ringing; truthfully, they didn't get much in the way of phone calls. Given that most of their friends were magical, and he was estranged from his family, the only people they ever really heard from on the phone were Lyre's parents. But, she'd just talked to them earlier that day, so he couldn't imagine why they'd be calling again. Frowning, he made his way to the phone, answering it cautiously; he was pretty protective of their number, but you never knew when a telemarketer or someone was going to get hold of such information. But, to his surprise, it was his father's cell number that was showing on the caller ID. "'Ullo?" he answered, obviously confused about the sudden contact. Not that he didn't talk to his parents, but there was usually a reason for it. Even since Maya had been born, he didn't hear much from them, which was about par for the course.

space"James, it's your father," came the reply, and James had to roll his eyes. Duh, who else would it be? Possibly his mum, he guessed, she did sometimes use his dad's phone when they were out if she'd forgotten hers. "D'ya have a minute? Your, uh, your cousin Aaron needs to talk to you."

spaceJames paused at that; he hadn't so much as spoken to Aaron Master since he was... God, still in his teens? Their eyes met across the room on the holidays sometimes but he didn't think they'd said more than 'hello' to each other in years. They'd been sort of close when James was younger due to Aaron not being too terribly much older, but that was a long time ago. "Uh, yeah, sure," he replied finally, "But, is everything okay? This is a bit... uh..."

spaceBefore he could get the word 'weird' out, he heard the phone being handed off, presumably to Aaron. Sure enough, his cousin's voice soon was heard on the line. "Jamie? Aaron sounded very unsure, leading James to wonder what the hell was going on that they thought he had some potential solution for. His immediate thought was that something was wrong with one of Aaron's kids, and his dad had confessed to him about James being magic, resulting in Aaron wanting James to fix whatever was wrong. He wouldn't put it past his dad to forget about the statue of secrecy the second there was a family emergency he thought magic could fix. Too bad for him, it usually didn't work that way.

space"Hey, Aaron," he replied, trying to keep his tone mostly casual, and not accusatory. "Uh, is everything alright? No offense, but I can't really think of any reason for you to be calling me out of the blue like this." Especially not since he was apparently one of the members of the family that thought James was up to something illegal. He got it, the money looked suspicious, but why they couldn't just buy that he wasn't allowed to talk about his work was beyond him. He guessed it was probably because they didn't think he was smart enough for some kind of important secret spy type job. That didn't explain why they had to come up with increasingly insulting alternative explanations, though.

space"Yeah, sorry, I know this is random," at least he had the decency to sound sheepish, James thought, "The thing is, I've got, uh, kind of a unique situation, and your father said you might be able to help?"

spaceSuspicion solidified, and when he replied, his tone was much more clipped. "Unique how?" he asked, already filling in the blanks. This was related to magic, definitely.

spaceAaron apparently heard the tone, because he winced. "Ah, the thing is... James, do you think you could, um. Come by the house sometime and, uh, talk to Vince? Not my youngest boy, the next-to-youngest. Boy, anyway. He, um, he's..."

space"Like you," Robert's voice sounded from the background. James snorted faintly at his father's lack of subtlety. 'Like you' could only mean one thing, Vince was magic. Which he supposed made sense, one muggleborn in a family meant there were bound to be more here and there. Considering how many cousins he had, and how many kids they had, it was a wonder this was the first he was hearing of magic in the family outside his own.

spaceStill, he had to be sure. "Like me, how, exactly?" he asked carefully. One thing James tried not to be stupid about was breaking laws by blabbing about magic to his rather sizable family. It was the only reason he'd not tried to squash the drug dealer/pimp/whatever the hell else theories they had about how he got his money.

space"Uh, well, that is..." There was a long pause, and when Aaron spoke again, it was in a whisper. "We're out right now, and your dad said we're not really supposed to, um, talk about this stuff? But, uh, there's just... weird stuff. Around Vince. That, um, we couldn't explain. Your dad, he... um, we were telling him about some of it, complaining a bit, because it's... you know-" James tried not to be annoyed at his cousin for bitching to his dad about his 'weird' kid. "He just, he got this look on his face and, um. He asked a few questions, then, uh, told us about, uh, you know," magic, obviously, "We think Vince is, uh, that he might be going to your old school, if you catch my drift," caught it, "But we figured... Uncle Rob said that someone would come to talk to Vince, uh, about the school, come this Summer at the latest, but... we thought maybe, coming from family, it might be better?"

spaceJames resisted the urge to sigh in exasperation. He didn't see how him coming and talking to the kid was better than one of the Hogwarts Governors, truthfully. He was just as much a stranger as anyone else, plus the kid probably thought he sold drugs. But, whatever. Aaron had asked, he could at least go check it out... and report it to the Ministry if it turned out the kid wasn't actually magic. He was going to have to have words with his dad later. "Yeah, sure, Aaron, I can come by," he replied, rolling his eyes at the sound of gratitude his cousin made. The two made plans for James to stop by the house later that week, then hung up, leaving James to stare at his phone like it'd suddenly grown a head for a moment.

spaceShaking his head, he went in search of his wife. Finding her laying in bed, reading, as per usual, he knocked on the doorframe to get her attention. "Hey, luv?" Once he had her focus, he walked towards the bed, collapsing rather dramatically on it and wriggling until his head was in her lap. "So, uh, I just got off the phone with my cousin Aaron," he told her, still obviously confounded by the entire situation. "Apparently he's got a kid that's supposedly magic, he was whining to my dad about it being difficult dealing with the unexplainable weirdness, I guess, and Dad told him about me and since Vince was like I am." His expression grew unreadable. The entire situation was bizarre, truthfully. But, he figured it'd be better for him to check things out. "Aaron wants me to pop by later this week and talk to the kid, uh... dunno if you wanna come with or anything, but I figure if the kid is magic, he'll probably end up around us some, so you might wanna? Up to you." Truthfully, he wanted her to come just because he was so confused by the entire thing. It'd be nice to have her there to ground him. He wasn't really that close to Aaron anymore, and had only ever seen his kids, never really interacted with them. He didn't feel like they were really family. But, if Vince was a wizard, he supposed he ought to act like they were.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff