Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Christolaide's Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                I don't like my mind right now
                                                Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
                                                Wish that I could slow things down
                                                I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris awoke with a gasp. Something was wrong, and he couldn't pinpoint what quite yet. It was still daylight, though it looked like the sun was just about to set, so why was he awake? He didn't need to go to work tonight, but there was a terrible cold running through his system like he'd been doused in ice for a year. He felt around his body, trying to figure out why he felt so cold, and yet couldn't find anything. There was something wrong, and he knew there was something wrong, and he was cold, which didn't bode well.

He stumbled to the bathroom, determined to see if there was maybe something he could see that was the problem. It almost felt like that dreaded foreboding he got right before he ran across Chalmes in the graveyard years before, and yet it was much, much worse. There was almost a sense that something had died within him, and he couldn't pinpoint what. As he looked into the mirror, he searched his face to see something of what was wrong, but all his mind could come up with was Chalmes, and his brother's face, and-.

No. Chris backed away from the mirror, staring in horror at his reflection, not quite seeing it but instead seeing one very similar and years older. Chalmes was just fine, right? He'd get a letter or something if something was truly wrong. However, the foreboding just wouldn't leave, and Chris sunk down along the wall in the bathroom, not quite seeing anything but feeling so very cold, colder than he had felt when he initially died. Wrapping his arms around himself, he tried to stop the shivering that was starting to wrack his frame and dispel the idea that Chalmes just wasn't there anymore.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Something's VERY wrong...
                                                OOC:

-❤-

I'm holding on
                                                Why is everything so heavy?
                                                Holding on
                                                To so much more than I can carry
                                                I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
                                                If I just let go, I'd be set free

Cara MiaKItty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                        уσυ αи∂ мє нανє ѕєєи єνєяутнιиg тσ ѕєє fяσм вαиgкσк тσ ¢αℓgαяу
                                        αи∂ тнє ѕσℓєѕ σf уσυя ѕнσєѕ αяє αℓℓ ωσяи ∂σωи
                                        тнє тιмє fσя ѕℓєєρ ιѕ иσω вυт ιт'ѕ иσтнιиg тσ ¢яу αвσυт
                                        '¢αυѕє ωє'ℓℓ нσℓ∂ єα¢н σтнєя ѕσσи ιи тнє вℓα¢кєѕт σf яσσмѕ

spaceSomething was wrong, Ada knew the moment she opened her eyes. It wasn't all that uncommon for Chris to wake before her, being slightly older than she was. But normally it wasn't by more than a minute or so, and normally he stayed in bed with her until she was awake, too. She sat up slowly, glancing around the room, frowning slightly. The bathroom light was on, but she couldn't hear any movement inside, and didn't smell a drawn bath. After a brief debate, she reached out with her abilities, and felt herself grow cold. Swallowing thickly, she made her way to the bathroom to find her husband sitting curled up against the wall, looking like the world had ended.

spaceThe sensation magnified the closer she got to him, until she laid a hand on his arm and it hit her full force. It took a moment for her to center herself and separate this strange desolation from her own emotions, to compartmentalize it and focus only on understanding it, rather than experiencing it herself. She drew her hand to his face and turned it towards her own, trying to meet his eyes.
                                        "What's wrong?" she asked, voice faint and slightly broken. As much as she was trying to keep his state from affecting her, she couldn't keep a little of the cold from seeping in, feeling it in her bones. She didn't understand this, had never felt anything like it. Something was... missing. And not in a vague, poetic way. There was literally something gone from him.

spaceShe tried to sort it out, but his emotional state was overwhelming. Worrying her lip with her teeth, she tried to center herself, debating on doing the same to him. She hated using her empathy to control anyone's emotions, but it did have its uses. Most of those uses being bringing people back to center when they were overwhelmed. He could certainly use it right now. But she really only ever used it on children, who weren't capable of controlling their own emotions, and only in extreme situations. She couldn't quite tell if this was extreme, or if she was just overreacting. Then again, she could feel exactly how he did, and it certainly seemed extreme to her. But, he was an adult, he could make decisions for himself.
                                        "Chris, do I need to help?" she asked softly, brushing his hair back from his face. She couldn't recall ever having had to use her abilities on him before. But she'd happily do so now if he let her. She swore that what he was feeling was almost physically painful, and yet somehow numbing at the same time. Uncomfortable, wrong, like the world was off-balance. But if he couldn't tell her what was wrong, sh couldn't do anything to help. And this was disturbing her enough that it was hard to wait for his consent before she took over.

ιf нєανєи αи∂ нєℓℓ ∂є¢ι∂є тнαт тнєу вσтн αяє ѕαтιѕfιє∂
                                        ιℓℓυмιиαтє тнє 'иσ'ѕ σи тнєιя να¢αи¢у ѕιgиѕ
                                        ιf тнєяє'ѕ иσ σиє вєѕι∂є уσυ ωнєи уσυя ѕσυℓ ємвαякѕ
                                        тнєи ι'ℓℓ fσℓℓσω уσυ ιитσ тнє ∂αяк

wнere - Bathroom
                                        wнen - Summer 2040
                                        wιтн - Chris

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 pm

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris didn't even realize Ada was in the same room. He was too much in shock, and he didn't even know why. It was much too cold, and empty, and he started when he felt her run her hand through his hair. He started, blinking slowly before he registered that she had said something. His brow furrowed and he looked at her, a small frown pulling at his features. "Something's wrong. I don't know. I'm cold, and I don't know..." He shuddered, trying to pull himself together, but that emptiness just wouldn't go away. He looked toward the mirror, recalling what he saw there, and the fact that something was wrong and it somehow had something to do with Chalmes.

He tried to focus on it again, and nothing made sense except his twin was... Suddenly Chris's eyes widened, and he stared in horror at Ada as dawning realization hit. He was cold, something was missing, and all he could think about was his brother. He shuddered, and he prayed he was wrong. Except, it didn't make sense. Chalmes wasn't his fledgling, had never been turned, and would have loathed the idea. Chris had never even offered it as an option to his twin as a result. So why did he feel like Chalmes was just gone? "I don't know why, but it feels like Chalmes is gone. Like, I can physically feel it. I can't explain it." He took a shuddering breath before he tried to figure out how else to quantify what he was experiencing, but coming up short. "There... there hasn't been an owl today, has there?"

════════════════════════

OOC:

-❤-

I'm holding on
                                                Holding on

Cara MiaKItty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

уσυ αи∂ мє нανє ѕєєи єνєяутнιиg тσ ѕєє fяσм вαиgкσк тσ ¢αℓgαяу
                                        αи∂ тнє ѕσℓєѕ σf уσυя ѕнσєѕ αяє αℓℓ ωσяи ∂σωи
                                        тнє тιмє fσя ѕℓєєρ ιѕ иσω вυт ιт'ѕ иσтнιиg тσ ¢яу αвσυт
                                        '¢αυѕє ωє'ℓℓ нσℓ∂ єα¢н σтнєя ѕσσи ιи тнє вℓα¢кєѕт σf яσσмѕ

spaceAda chewed her lip lightly as Chris tried to explain what was wrong, but he wasn't really giving her much to work with at first. Nothing she couldn't feel herself just by reaching out with her powers, anyway. When he finally brought his brother up, she felt herself go cold as well, completely independent of her tether to her husband's state. Once again, the phantom beating of her still heart seemed to stutter in her chest, and she felt her throat constrict. On the one hand, it sounded ridiculous. On the other hand, so did just about everything else about their entire existence. And if Chris was this distraught, it had to be something.

spaceShe took a couple of deep breaths to try and get herself in check, sorting out her thoughts. No need to jump to conclusions. No need to panic over speculation. Right?
                                        "I'm not sure," she said softly, hand carding through his hair to try and soothe him. "You were gone already when I got up, I knew something was wrong so I came straight to you." After a brief hesitation, she stood, and called out to Pumpkin.

spaceThe house-elf appeared in the doorway, frowning in concern at the sight of the two vampires. "Mistress? You were needing me?" she asked, eyeing Chris with concern.

spaceAda nodded.
                                        "Pumpkin, has there been any mail? From Chris' family, maybe?"

spacePumpkin's expression grew thoughtful, and she shook her head. "Not that I am remembering. There was the paper, but that is all I am believing." She glanced at Chris again before meeting Ada's eyes. "I can be going to check and make sure, though," she said firmly, and then left the bathroom to go in search of any mail she might've missed.

spaceAda sighed lightly, returning to Chris' side. Instead of lowering herself to sit with him again, she reached down and grasped his hand.
                                        "C'mon, you need breakfast," she said firmly. "Maybe things'll be clearer on a full stomach." The contact with him only reminded her of his emotional state, and she fought the urge to soothe him more effectively. He hadn't said he needed it, so she wouldn't. Not unless he seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown.

ιf нєανєи αи∂ нєℓℓ ∂є¢ι∂є тнαт тнєу вσтн αяє ѕαтιѕfιє∂
                                        ιℓℓυмιиαтє тнє 'иσ'ѕ σи тнєιя να¢αи¢у ѕιgиѕ
                                        ιf тнєяє'ѕ иσ σиє вєѕι∂є уσυ ωнєи уσυя ѕσυℓ ємвαякѕ
                                        тнєи ι'ℓℓ fσℓℓσω уσυ ιитσ тнє ∂αяк

wнere - Bathroom
                                        wнen - Summer 2040
                                        wιтн - Chris

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:14 am

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris rubbed at his chest, hearing Ada call for Pumpkin but not really registering that she was questioning the house elf. He was trying not to panic though, and only heard enough of Pumpkin's response that no, there had been no mail. It's too soon for news to have come if it just happened, a small voice murmured in his mind. Which, if the death had just happened, made sense. However, why was Chris thinking it was a death? He felt cold and empty and his brother just felt like he was gone, but that didn't say that anyone was dead.

When Ada grabbed his hand to tug him out to get something to eat, he shook his head. He knew logically he should eat something before he got too hungry and attacked the first living creature he could, but the thought of blood made his stomach churn. He wasn't sure he wanted to eat. He just wanted to curl up in bed and try and get warm again. "I'm not hungry. I don't think I can eat anything right now anyway." He tried to keep himself from shivering again, but failed and realized that the cold and the emptiness was just seeming to grow. He shoved himself to his feet regardless, stumbling just enough before he found his balance. "I Maybe I can read or something? It might distract me enough that the feeling will go away?"

════════════════════════

OOC:

-❤-

I'm holding on
                                                Holding on

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 pm
User Image
                                                It's time for me to take it
                                                I'm the boss right now
                                                Not gonna fake it
                                                Not when you go down
                                                'Cause this is my game
                                                And you better come to play

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Eretria looked into the cup her brother had brought her, wondering if it'd be safe to drink. He'd said he made it himself, which considering his lack of ability to taste, she was doubtful he could make it well, but there was hardly a way to ruin a cup of tea. Chris sat across from her, drinking his own glass, but Eretria knew very well what was inside of it. Not like he could hide it from her, and to be honest, he never tried. Although, his wife was a perfect counter to her own abilities, which made her a bit wary around Adalaide, but she'd never say as much. Besides, there was nothing more in this visit than just checking up on her brother, nothing more. Ever since Chalmes's death (and that still hurt, she wasn't going to deny that), he'd become more withdrawn, though that was starting to ease. unlike their own father, who still hadn't recovered. She figured that was because everyone expected Chalmes to survive a mugging. Sighing, she looked up at her brother, giving him a faint smile. "So, how are you doing?"

"Trying to psychoanalyse me Eretria?" Chris's own lips twitched into a smile, and he shrugged. "I'm doing just fine. Kids are back in school, and it's been quiet around here. There hasn't been much going on."

Eretria rose an eyebrow, but decided not to comment. Instead, she stirred her tea, considering it for a moment. "I almost thought I'd have to come over to drag you out of the house for a bit. Granted, we're still in your house, but it's not like you're avoiding people. That's a good thing."

Chris nodded, though he grimaced minutely. Eretria's brows furrowed as she examined him again. Before she could speak though, Chris beat her to it. "Father's talking about giving me the shop."

"Is he now? I'm surprised he hasn't done it sooner." Eretria cocked her head to the side. "You don't like that idea. I thought you'd always wanted to take it over."

"I don't like what it insinuates." Chris sighed, rubbing his face. Eretria almost snorted, because apparently even twenty years after being turned, he still breathed on occasion. "Father's not going to be around forever, I know that, but..."

"But you think it's too soon after Chalmes died." Eretria sat back, sighing and shaking her head. Honestly, she thought her brother was being rather obtuse, and she resisted the urge to reach over and slap him upside the head. Then again, her brother had started thinking in longer terms than she could imagine, and part of that was likely due to his own immortality. Wizards had longer lives, yes, but they were nothing compared to a vampire's. "Whether you think it's too soon or not, I'm just going to tell you you're being an idiot. Chance isn't going to take it over, even if Father wanted Chalmes to take over the business one day, and your son? I don't even think he'd want to either. Timothy's spent more time as a cursebreaker than a writer, and Echo, well, I don't think Father wants to have it leave the Whitethorne family. You've worked there since I left school, and you know it better than anything else." Eretria narrowed her eyes. "I'm sorry that you never became a doctor, and I know that's what you wanted to be. But the facts are facts. You're the best person to take it over."

"Is it right though?" Chris shook his head. "I'm a vampire. If nothing else, I might outlive the shop itself. Plus, it doesn't feel right. What if there's someone that would do a better job and I'm taking away the opportunity?"

Eretria snorted. "Really? We're going to go there? Can I just say that you're going to outlive everyone? Me, my children, Tanya's, Timothy's, even Chalmes's? You're going to outlive your own. I bet you anything Father knows this, and he wants to make sure that you have a place. Your own place. Yes, you own your own home, and sure, you probably won't need much, but after we're all gone? Will you even have a connection to life outside of vampirism?"

Chris opened his mouth, moving it for a moment before he shut it. He then studied Eretria herself, and she crossed her arms, daring him to dispute her. "I... don't know. I have Ada, but-"

"But nothing. Do you really want to be the monster you keep claiming you are? Are you really that stupid? The best way to prevent that is to keep some sort of contact with living people. Surrounding yourself with people that won't die isn't going to help you with that. You'll grow detached, distant, and you know what?" Eretria sneered. "You won't be you anymore. You won't be Christopher Whitethorne, you'll be some unfeeling thing that won't care about life. Do you really want that?"

"No. I... I'd hate myself if I became that."

"No you won't. Because if it got to that point, you wouldn't realize it. That's why you actually need people around you, not just vampires. You need humans too. Otherwise you lose your humanity." Eretria crossed her arms again, studying him closedly. "Stop trying to make yourself a monster. You're not, but you'll become one if you don't try to make an effort to have a connection."

Chris pinched the bridge of his nose, his eyes closed as he looked to be thinking. "You really believe that? That that's what's going to happen to me?"

"Only if you let yourself. So don't let yourself. Sure, it's going to suck. You're going to watch everyone die. But you know what?" She smirked before she looked seriously at him. "I don't think anyone wants to see you like that, and if I know Chalmes? He would come back from the dead just to kick your arse for moping around and avoiding life. Hell, I would too. Keep that in mind."

Chris sat back, blinking. "You're serious about that."

"Deadly."

"Well, I hope you're right about that then. I'd rather not be meet the sun if I can't handle it" Chris gave his sister a look.

"You have Adalaide to help with that. Trust me, if nothing else, she'll likely slap you out of it before you get to that point, and if I have to, I'll make sure she knows to." Eretria's expression softened. "Though I doubt I have to remind her. She seems the sort to be able to manhandle you into thinking straight."

════════════════════════

Location: Christolaide's Cottage
                                                Thinking: Chris is being such an idiot right now.
                                                OOC:

-❤-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I used to hold my freak back
                                                Now I'm letting go
                                                I make my own choice
                                                b***h, I run this show
                                                So leave the lights on
                                                No, you can't make me behave

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100