Support!
  Gold!
View Results

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm
User Image

Thank You For Visiting!
Be it out of curiosity, support, or anything else, I would like to thank you for your interest, well wishes, and/or bumps!
And thank you Lat for the main banner! <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm
User Image

Hi there! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Pumpkin, and the beautiful neon girl in the banners is my wonderful Midori.

Now, Midori is seven and a half years old, and while I love her dearly, something about her just isn't what it used to be. I'm not saying that she's not as lovely as she was when she got here, or that I've lost her character somewhere in the deep dark corners of my dusty muse, simply that the world is growing and changing around her. So why shouldn't she? ^_^

Midori has a plethora of plots surrounding her, and her family has grown both through births and through other means of arrival, and she just sort of seems overshadowed by the new arrivals.

When I originally got Midori, she was a gift - a RL custom through Sirenz gifted to me by a generous regular (Hime) wishing to make a newbie's day, and ooooh am I glad she did. <3 This one mare has brought forth seven and a half years of plots, herd expansion, and things I feel I may have never been brave enough to get into had it not been jump started.
But, because this kind and caring person was using their real, hard-earned money to give me such a wonderful gift, some things on the form were changed. Mostly, her edits. I completely took out her edit section on her form from when I originally was questing her, because edits = more money that this person would have to pay, and I felt that it was unfair for this benefactor to pay so much just so I could get a pipe dream. At the time, the fact that I was getting anything was incredible. And it still is. <3

But, like I said, times are changing, and Midori's family is changing, too. Thus far, she's got a menacingly handsome father, an incredibly fluffy half-brother, and a sly, cunning sister. She's also got a mother being quested, another helf-brother, and a previous lover, all of which are snazzy and full of charm and fluff. But before this family grows even further, I'd like to get Midori a fresh, updated look, that she'd certainly rock (as she does with everything she aspires to, of course)!

I have the funds for her through customs, but donations are accepted in the case of bribes (I'd give the moon to get her redone so if bribes come, everything I've got is going into it).

But mostly, I'm looking for support and awareness of my cause to give Midori some fluff! <3

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:50 pm
User Image

Midori's Plots
This Far

Okay so as I said, Midori's got plenty going on already. But why not let you in on it, no? ^_^

The Arrival
Midori arrived to the Soquili lands in a fairly typical way. She wandered here from a land she refused to speak of, and although see seemed a bit quirky in character, she was a fairly normal mare. At first she was shy and quiet, but when she gained her confidence, she became a loud, prissy know-it-all who tended to rub others the wrong way. Even though she was humbled quite a few times, she remained this way until she matured, which happened quite a while later.

Fitting In
It wasn't exactly difficult for Midori to stand out in a crowd, and it wasn't always a good thing when she did. It was usually in tiffs with other mares about some stallion she'd flirted with or some hairdo she didn't like, and so word got around that she wasn't exactly the friendly type. She did, however, get along with most stallions. Most notably of which were Scythe, a hulking warrior of a horse, and Viscoso, a less-than-hulk-like unicorn halfbreed.
Scythe was kind and caring and seemingly concerned for Midori with her constant shenanigans. His passing hurt her dearly.
She and Viscoso had quite an odd little friendship, with her constantly teasing him and picking on him, and him resisting but giving in to the blunt of her jokes. Her favorite game was always "find the apple," one in which she would distract him long enough to stick an apple onto his horn and run away. For some reason, Vis didn't seem very fond of this game, but put up with it regardless.
Over time, they all got mates and made their separate paths, seeing each other fairly seldom.

Finding Love In All The... Special Places?
Not horribly long after her arrival, a stallion caught her eye. He was handsome and sweet, if not incredibly simple minded. Midori, being young and foolish, instantly fell for this stallion and what she confused for charm. Disconium often times wandered off for long periods, but he always returned. The way Midori saw it, she needed her space anyway. One day he just didn't come back.

Motherly Love x2!
After trying for quite some time with Disconium, they conceived and Midori gave birth to three lovely foals. Alongside her, Viscoso and his mate were expecting. One of Midori's baskets was charged to their father, another to Scythe, and the third she kept to raise herself. Of course, Disco continued his periodic disappearances, so she made sure to check on all of her children frequently to ensure their safety. Along with her own daughter, Phaedra, Midori sort of "adopted" one of Viscoso's baskets. She says adopted, he says abducted, but Amitola was loved none the less. He wandered freely (with supervision, of course) between his parents' teepee and Midori's, and once he reached adulthood he decided to stay with Midori on account of Phae being able to use a bit of accompaniment.
This is when Midori discovered her complete adoration of foals, and she soon began adopting them whenever possible.

Finding Foals
Not long after she'd given birth, Midori found a little blue basket that seemed to have been abandoned in the woods. To make matters harder, it was on Mother's Day, and there was a celebration in the village for all of the mothers. She managed to drag the basket back to the village and when she couldn't find any parents willing to claim it, her heart broke for the tiny foal inside. With Phaedra and Amitola's help, she got the basket back to the teepee to care for it. Dichali turned out to be quite a fine stallion, and she helped him to raise the three of his children he was charged with, although she tsked him for his lack of commitment.
After Dichali had grown and had his first child, Midori stumbled upon another basket. This basket was incredibly heavy, and she wished to peek into it to see if it were a joke or filled with rocks as a ruse for a kalona or skinwalker attack, but it was sealed tightly as it should be. She took a chance on this gray basket and whatever may be lurking inside, and when the tiny filly inside emerged, Midori got quite the scare. The foal was covered in thick sheets of metal, from her head all the way to her tail. For some reason, it was impossible to remove, or at least by her. Ambrosia didn't seem bothered by the armor, though, and she carried on like any other foal would. When she was grown, the mare went on to fulfill her quest, and Midori often worries and wonders about her.

A Bit of a Surprise
It had been quite some time since she'd seen Disconium when Midori discovered she was pregnant with another batch of foals. Disconium still hadn't returned when she gave birth to the children, and she did her best to raise them on her own. Early in their lives, though, it was evident that one of the foals was a little bit different. Toxic Sludge had these fits where she'd be a happy-go-lucky child, and turn instantly into an angry, violent creature who had a great distaste for her mother. In these instances, only Blake, Toxi's brother, could calm her. Toxi became more and more violent as she grew, and Midori blamed herself but could not allow her into the teepee any longer.

You Seem Familiar...
Midori discovered a hulking beast of a unikalona near her teepee one day. Instantly switching into mother mode, Midori confronted the stallion in attempt to scare him off. Oddly, the hybrid instantly became submissive and apologized to the mare. While she was close enough, she noticed his oddly similar coloring and demanded he explain his presence. To her amazement, Wallace told her that his father had described a lesser mare who he'd sired failed children with. Midori looked exactly like one of the foals described.
Wallace said that his father was likely headed toward the Soquili Land, and that he felt as if Midori and her family may need protection. Midori felt the stallion was genuine, and if he were correct, and their Kalona father was headed that way, some protection may be useful.
Midori allowed Wallace into the teepee, where her two-legger crafted a muzzle out of leather to prevent any serious mishaps and comfort those living in the teepee.

Facing the Facts
With the very real threat of her father coming to destroy everything she loves, Midori finally came to terms with Disco's disappearance. With only half of her children having even met him, the severance was fairly easy for them. Blake despised the stallion even before Midori broke the news to her children. Toxi vowed to find and kill him. Phaedra cried, not for her parents splitting up, but for her mother's broken heart.
Midori's world was shattered with this decision, and she tried very hard to come to terms with what her next steps in life should be. As of now she's vowed to never be naive to fall for another stallion, but you really never know. ;D

More Than One To Fear
While Midori and the rest of the teepee are worried about Haborym's return, Toxic Sludge had a mental breakdown and found her way to Midori. She attacked her, hurting her greatly before Wallace intervened. Very lame and unable to walk, Midori was watched over day and night by Wallace and her grandchildren. Luckily, Haborym hadn't discovered them yet and she made a full recovery.
Midori still blamed herself for Toxi's actions, and forgave her quickly, but is terrified of the mare.

Threat No More
News hit fast when Haborym arrived. He was instantly asking around about Wallace, and recruiting scouts and warriors, but there was absolutely nothing spreading about Midori or her family. Deeming himself as more of a threat than protection, Wallace left the teepee in an attempt to keep Haborym's scent away from his half-sister and her small family. Midori's heard very little from Wallace since, and even less about Haborym's presence in the lands.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm
User Image
The Custom Form!
Now this is a full recustom, which means her whole base will need to be recolored.
I'd like to thank Ryuu for the awesome edit reference!

Edit Category: Heavy
Soquili Species: Regular
Body Build: Regular
Starting Stage: Adult
Concept Origin:
• Original Character

WIP Needed? I'd like one please

~*~ Colors & Markings ~*~
Body: Black. True black, please. Her current black is more of a dark grey. D: Lime green stockings, as in her original, black hooves. I want fluffy fetlocks please! Also, her biohazard sigh, of course!
Face: Green eyebrows, green eyes that are glowing. I want SFX glow. Like radium. That is how they were supposed to be in her original form but it got left out.
Mane: I do not want a premade mane, please.
It should be voluminous and long, but it should be straight. Please see her Dad and Brother. When I say volume, I want oomph! It should stay the same color, lime green and black. And like I said, i'd like it long please, and I would like for it to taper into a braid at the ends, which should lay around her feet. Please see the edit ref.
Tail: Long and fluffy and straight like her mane please. No braid for her tail.
Hooves/Fetlocks: Just. Super fluffy and pretty and guuuh. <3
Reference Image(s): Midori original!, Midori uncert, Midori edit ref

~*~ Physical Traits ~*~

Other Notes: This is a recustooom~

~*~ Accessories & Edits ~*~
Trading Post Items: None please. I also do not want the standard dream catcher necklace.
Custom Items: I would like a bucket of green apples by her feet. Either standing or on its side with apples pouring out. But they must be green apples, no red please.
I would also like some apple blossoms in her mane. White only, no pink please.
Reference Image(s) for Items: Apple barrel~, Apple Blossom

~*~ Tag Specifics ~*~
Name of horse: Midori
Owner: .Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Breed: Spirited
Temper: Optimistic
Mate: None
Tag Background: CC Tag

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage