Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
A newbie in pink! (2nd time newbie?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

siophaooo

Mythical Giver

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:09 pm
Keira Lorelei

You'll be fine smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:20 am
It´ll be okay, getting money here is not all that hard anymore. Not compared to what it was back when I started on Gaia wink  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Keira Lorelei

Friendly Noob

11,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:01 am
Gaju-nim
You'll be fine smile

You think so? Haha.... I'm not so sure about that sweatdrop

Madeleine Heilburg
It´ll be okay, getting money here is not all that hard anymore. Not compared to what it was back when I started on Gaia wink

I think I remember someone told me to play booty grab or something to earn gold? But that game lagged for me so I didn't get much....
I have been thinking about making a quest thread but I'm horrible with layouts, do you know somewhere I can get free ones?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 pm
Keira Lorelei
I came.... I left.... and came back with zero memory of what I had learnt crying

It should come back to you soon. :3 Hey, you were able to get back to your thread in this guild so I think you'll pick it back up in no time. ^ __^

I don't want to hijack your convo with Madeleine too much, but~ here are some things you can try in order to earn gold. There are other methods, but those ones have more steps involved.

Switchem: Not sure if you saw this game before. It used to only be available during events, but is now a permanent game. It's free to play and you earn gold as a reward. I only played two levels so far to check it out. I earned 250,000 gold in less than a minute.

Don't forget to collect the Daily Chance carts. They're the red carts that you see on the main landing pages in the header on the right. When you log in for six of seven days, those carts turn yellow. I usually have gotten least a million gold each day after I've clicked them all. That doesn't include the gold you can earn from selling the Heart, Star or Diamond charms that you might find.

Dumpster Dive: This one's hit or miss. You can dive once every five minutes. When you dive, you're given an item that was donated by another user. The item will range from cheap to expensive. But hey, it's free. Anything expensive is a big bonus. And anything cheap.. well.. it's one more item that you didn't have before diving. ^ __^; You can always donate the item back to others or sell it.

Cash Tree: This method will take a few minutes for several days before you see any gold from it. Watch the videos to earn Gaia Cash. I can earn anything from 1 cash to 50 cash in one day. It depends on what videos are available. Save up your cash. You can spend it in the cash shops to buy something for yourself... or buy something to sell on the marketplace for gold.
Here's an example. The Gentlemen's Corner currently costs 99 cash in the Cash Shop. It has an average buy price of almost 15 billion gold. That could take you anywhere from two days to ten days or more to earn 99c. However, that's not too bad for clicking on a few videos. (I leave one open in a different tab, mute my computer and do other things while it plays.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Keira Lorelei

Friendly Noob

11,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:52 am
sdrawkcab

Whoa, such wall of text! eek
But thank you so very much for all that info, I will be saving those tips in a folder so I will for sure remember them! I really appericate your help!

I will try them all out, especially that game. It will get convenient when I have nothing else to do, I really like playing games *smiles*

Hey, would you mind if I added you as a friend? Ohh and do you have any thread I can come and chat in? I like chatting with people but I'm afraid in going into threads all randomly because the last time I did the person pretty much yelled 'beggar' in my face when I just asked if we could chat.... so.... yeah sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:22 pm
Keira Lorelei
sdrawkcab

Whoa, such wall of text! eek
But thank you so very much for all that info, I will be saving those tips in a folder so I will for sure remember them! I really appericate your help!

I will try them all out, especially that game. It will get convenient when I have nothing else to do, I really like playing games *smiles*

Hey, would you mind if I added you as a friend? Ohh and do you have any thread I can come and chat in? I like chatting with people but I'm afraid in going into threads all randomly because the last time I did the person pretty much yelled 'beggar' in my face when I just asked if we could chat.... so.... yeah sweatdrop

Ahhh~ I see. XD Well, if you like games then the rest of my suggestions won't be much fun. They're a click and be done sort of thing.
As to most of Gaia's games, I don't think you'll make much gold playing them. Well, Fishing can be good. And I've heard that tickets sell for a decent amount (Blakjack, Slots).

That sounds great! Umm XD this made me realize that I don't have any chat threads anymore. I have threads in forums that aren't for chatting... Ummm... do you have a thread? XD;

And x -x; I'm so sorry that happened to you. I had my moments in the past where others treated me like s**t just because my avatar wasn't expensive so... ugh. But to be called a beggar just for trying to chat? That's a new one.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Keira Lorelei

Friendly Noob

11,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:36 am
sdrawkcab
Ahhh~ I see. XD Well, if you like games then the rest of my suggestions won't be much fun. They're a click and be done sort of thing.
As to most of Gaia's games, I don't think you'll make much gold playing them. Well, Fishing can be good. And I've heard that tickets sell for a decent amount (Blakjack, Slots).

That sounds great! Umm XD this made me realize that I don't have any chat threads anymore. I have threads in forums that aren't for chatting... Ummm... do you have a thread? XD;

And x -x; I'm so sorry that happened to you. I had my moments in the past where others treated me like s**t just because my avatar wasn't expensive so... ugh. But to be called a beggar just for trying to chat? That's a new one.

Ohh but all tips in how to make gold are highly appreciated! Just because I like games it doesn't mean I will just do that, I'm aiming to learn every single trick available whee
But tickets? Ohh I will try those out, even if I suck on card games... and I did t know we could fish in this site, how do I do that?

Hahaha you have no chatting thread? Maybe you are no chatting person? (Just teasing with you)
I have no thread at all yet, I want to make a quest thread but I'm not good with layouts. Have been trying to find a place who have free layouts or something like that, but no luck yet.. sweatdrop

Why must the avatar look expensive out? I mean, you use the items you like on the avatar, then what they are worth shouldn't matter. I like looking at different avatars and what color combos that have been used, gives me some tips on what to use too. But right now I'm mainly going for pink so there won't be many color combos to wait for *laughs*
And I like your avatar, it's really pretty! heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 am
If you want to fish you can try it out HERE smile
Some fish sell for a rather decent price on the Market Place and it´s not all that hard to actually collect a good chuck of fish. It can be a little hard at first (well for me it was =w=;; ) to learn how to fish. But you need a fishing rod and some bait, which can be found HERE.

And as for gold earning. Well daily chances are always amazing to do, plus you can get lucky enough to get some okay items and charms, which you can use to make your own items at GoFusion. Other than that, well I have found Switchem to be a nice little way to earn gold, actually ^^
I hope it helped a little? Good luck with the gold earning and fishing biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:59 am
...and then my internet died.

I was going to submit a post ten minutes ago, but my modem is acting up. I'll have it fixed soon, but will be off to bed after that. I'm on my phone. I'll post tomorrow.
Ciao for now c:  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:21 am
Keira Lorelei
Ohh but all tips in how to make gold are highly appreciated! Just because I like games it doesn't mean I will just do that, I'm aiming to learn every single trick available whee
But tickets? Ohh I will try those out, even if I suck on card games... and I did t know we could fish in this site, how do I do that?

Hahaha you have no chatting thread? Maybe you are no chatting person? (Just teasing with you)
I have no thread at all yet, I want to make a quest thread but I'm not good with layouts. Have been trying to find a place who have free layouts or something like that, but no luck yet.. sweatdrop

Why must the avatar look expensive out? I mean, you use the items you like on the avatar, then what they are worth shouldn't matter. I like looking at different avatars and what color combos that have been used, gives me some tips on what to use too. But right now I'm mainly going for pink so there won't be many color combos to wait for *laughs*
And I like your avatar, it's really pretty! heart
And this is what I was going to post last night. I've seen your QnA thread about Quest Threads. I know you don't really need this info now, but I'm leaving it there anyway. ^^;;
Yeah... it's good to try all the different ways until you find one that you enjoy.
Madeleine helped you out with the fishing~ c: Random unnecessary info: Gaia Fishing was Gaia's first game. O: It's been around a looong time. There are three lakes (three difficulties). The better you get at fishing, the rarer the fish you can catch, the more gold you'll earn.

XD I did at one time. And then I got used to doing what you said... I started hopping around and visiting people in their threads.

Hmm... It's funny you say that. XD I had an urge a couple months ago to write a small guide on making a nice-looking quest thread. I didn't because I figured "why would I make that?" XD;;
I'd say keep your quest thread as simple as possible. This is a guide to making quest threads. [Guide: Making a Quest Thread] The problem is, it's exactly what you shouldn't make. x ----x It's soooooo hard to read. The post formatting should be consistent and text needs to be easy to find and read.
Now, here's another thread... This one's a guide for making art shops. The great thing about it is that the concepts apply to pretty much any thread. The downside is that it's so thorough, you'll want to sit down with your favorite drink and snack for a bit of light reading... [Sarcastic Guide]
For fancy coding tricks, this thread is also way too thorough, but I like it. RP Layout Guide
Past that, um, things to keep in mind:
      Include the following: short intro about your quest, what you're questing, your progress, list of donations/donators (thanks), incentives (if applicable) like donators get art or a dice roll game to encourage bumping (not in this guild's quest subforum),
      use multiple posts to make it organized and easy to read
      keep the layout consistent from post to post
      images are nice here and there
      reserve extra posts just in case

Also, I'm pretty sure that I've seen user shops where people are willing to create thread formats... for a price.
I'm over complicating it though. Simple and easy to read really is the best.

;D I like how you think. I feel the same way. I don't care how expensive an avatar is. Problem is, some people do. Annndddd the incident I mentioned was a looonngggg time ago. I swear that people were snobbier back then. But, then again, I’ve still run across plenty of snobs over the years. XD; Oh well. Their loss. ;D
I also love looking at avatars and seeing what others come up with. And XD that sounds like a good idea to focus on pink right now. All your items must be easy to mix and match.
And thanks. I’ve been dressing in “throwback” outfits all month. I’ve always loved that hot pink hair. @ .@

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Introductions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers