Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Lassy's Penthouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at Les' Flat with Mother, Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Does she live with him, then? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Aиđ ωe'łł иeνeя вe яøчαłš ( я ø ч α ł š ) ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Iт đ ø и ' т я υ и ıи øυя в ł ø ø đ ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tħαт κ ı и đ ø f ł υ χ e נυšт αıи'т f ø я υ š ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          We ¢яανe α đ ı f f e я e и т κıиđ øf в υ z z ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori didn't know how to respond to Tassy's comment on how she looked in the photo, simply blinking at the woman. "It was a favorable enough photograph?" she replied after a pause. Well, she'd hardly looked like a train wreck in it, so that was good enough, right? Lori didn't really know. She tended to think people were far too preoccupied with their looks, anyway.

spaceCharlotte grew visibly embarrassed when the woman's eyes narrowed on her and she replied to the question of whether or not she was the nanny. Before she could respond, though, either to insult the woman or to apologize, Lori would never know, Tassy's attention was centered on the preteen, effectively shutting her mother out of the conversation. "I am Lorelei, yes. He did not include any mention of your name with the photograph, I'm sorry," she replied, wondering at why her brother had been speaking of her to this woman, but not thought to tell mention her in his letters. She didn't add that Leslie hadn't mentioned her at all, thinking that it probably wouldn't go over so well.

spaceThe Slytherin resisted the urge to smirk at how Tassy fired back at her mother, sneaking a peak at Charlotte's face to see her expression pinch up like she'd smelled something bad. "I'm her mother," the brunette said coolly, clearly unamused. "Where exactly is Leslie, then? Lorelei is supposed to be staying with him for a week or so, I was under the impression he lived alone... Well, with the obvious exception of his daughter, in any case." Lori huffed faintly at this, wanting to snap at her mother about being judgmental of her half-brother for something that had happened to her as well. Actually, Leslie had at least been trapped into his scandal; Charlotte had sauntered straight into hers without a care. Or, that's how it'd always seemed to Lori.

spaceBefore her mother could stop her, Lori had slipped past Tassy and into her brother's home, not wanting to give the woman a chance to decide she wouldn't be staying. But, she heard her mother speak behind her, and frowned. "As I said, Lori was supposed to stay with Leslie... But, perhaps I need to discuss the arrangement with him before leaving her here."

spaceThe preteen turned on her heel and frowned at her mother. "I'm sure I will be fine, Mum. You should leave, don't you have some event you're supposed to be attending tonight? Wouldn't want to be late, I'm sure it's important." The sarcasm was only barely noticeable, for which she was somewhat proud of herself. Charlotte glared at Lori, clearly not intending to move. Lori rolled her eyes, thinking that she was going to owe Les' girlfriend a very big apology by the time her mother left. But, there was no way she was leaving. She wanted to get to know her brother... and to not have to spend the next week at home, doing schoolwork and dealing with her mother's hovering and passive aggressive attempts at correcting her behavior. One school year in the presence of her housemates had done a lot to lessen Lori's patience, she thought; normally she wouldn't outright glare at her mother like this.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ Leт мe вe чøυя яυłeя ( я υ ł e я )
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Yøυ ¢αи ¢αłł мe Q υ e e и B e e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Aиđ I'łł яυłe ( I ' ł ł я υ ł e I'łł яυłe I ' ł ł я υ ł e )
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Leт мe ł ı ν e тħαт f α и т α š ч

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 pm
User Image
Just shoot for the stars if it feels right
And aim for my heart if you feel like it
Take me away and make it okay
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Single | Worker at Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy just chuckled at Lorelei's confused look and comment on the photo she had apparently been sent, without her consent mind, that showed her with her brother and niece. She was honestly curious over what picture it was he had sent her since she couldn't really remember a time they had actually taken some sort of candid "family photo." During the most weekday babysitting sessions she was prone to taking random selfies with the baby and sending them to Les in order to make him laugh but she doesn't remember him taking one of them all together. Unless Chalmes took one and Les knew about it. That could've probably happened. The mechanic wasn't usually sneaky but when he wanted to be, he could be just as sly as that undercover mercenary of a sister. She paid no mind to the mother but instead grinned at the preteen as she introduced herself and admitted that she didn't know her name since it wasn't included with the photo. Typical. "Of course he didn't, that would've been smart. I'm Tassy, friend and backup babysitter. And I'm sure you already know who this little person is." she told her motioning to the babe in her arms who seemed to be fighting whatever lethargy she had.

Tassy gave a noncommittal hum as the woman answered her earlier question replying that she was indeed Lorelei's mother while also asking where her friend was since she was supposed to be staying for the week. While of course making a slight jab that she assumed Les lived alone. She could've rebuffed her saying that she didn't in fact live with him but she had a feeling that the truth was wasted on her. Sort of like the oxygen she was sucking up. "I don't really see how it's your business who does or doesn't live with Les since it's your daughter that has to deal with him not you, despite your...intimacy with his father." Tassy told her with a questioning eyebrow raised. She really hadn't tried to be mean or nasty but really, just the woman's presence pushed her buttons. She flashed the preteen a quick grin as she practically ran into the flat before turning back her attention towards her mother sensing that the overbearing socialite wasn't going to back down easily. The squib opened her mouth to tell her exactly what she could do with her "perhaps" before Lorelei herself rebuffed her and made a quick quip about being late to some function. Oh yes, she was definitely Les' sister. "I agree; traffic can be such a hassle if you don't leave at the right time. I'll be sure to inform Les that you've done your duty for the month and I'm sure he'll contact you when it's an opportune time, for you I'm sure, to pick her up. Au revoir madame, attention à la porte!" she told her with a fake sweet smile before "accidentally" letting the door slip and close in her face. She'd probably hear about this later on but at the moment, the woman should just be glad that a door was the only thing that tried to knock into her face.

Tassy turned away from door back towards Lorelei and offered her a sheepish apologetic look. "Sorry about that but I really needed to get away from her because I don't think I could accurately plead insanity for kicking your mother down a flight of steps while also holding a baby in my arms." she told the preteen plainly rocking Ridley a little to see if she had actually fallen asleep and saw that no, she had not. Although her cute little eyelids were fluttering regularly so it was only a matter of time. "Are you hungry? There's still some leftovers in the fridge from last night and a few nights ago but if you want something fresh I'm sure I could whip you up something simple once I put down Not-So Sleeping Beauty." the Scot asked her concerned. She wasn't up to her mother's level of skill by any means, but she had a few meals she could make with relative ease, and had made in that kitchen matter-of-fact. But she didn't need to know all of that. While she waited for her answer she gently rocked the baby humming softly to try and help her drift off to sleep.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

You wanted control so we waited
I put on a show now we're naked
You say I'm a kid my ego is big
I don't give a s**t and it goes like this
[Wearing: Totes Not Offensive] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Ridley and Lori] [Feeling: Indignant] [Thinking: Go to sleep, go to sleep, my arms are getting heavy]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:43 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori decided right then and there that, whoever the hell Tassy was, Leslie's friend or girlfriend or whatever, she liked the woman, immensely. Actually, she kind of reminded her of Gia, which was interesting. Perhaps she and her brother had more in common than she'd initially thought. Apparently they shared similar taste in friends, at the very least. She watched the door swing shut in her mother's face, offering a mocking sort of wave before it closed. When Tassy apologized for it, Lori shrugged. "I do not think you owe me an apology; she was quite rude. I have never understood how someone who spends so much time preaching manners can behave so poorly when around strangers." The tween smoothed her skirt, approaching the woman, her attention on the child in her arms. Lori smiled, somewhat nervously, and wiggled her fingers at Ridley. "Hello, there, Ridley, it is very nice to meet you," she cooed, not really sure what she was supposed to do, but wanting to acknowledge the child and pay attention to it nonetheless. It was her niece, after all, and she was weirdly drawn to the baby, but had absolutely no clue what to do with her.

spaceWhen Tassy mentioned food, she straightened, offering a polite, but nervous, smile. "I typically do not care for leftover anything, but I don't want to be any trouble," she said. She wondered what exactly there was in the way of leftovers, supposing that it might to be so bad... But she'd much rather not. "Is there any fruit? I could make do with that. Or a salad," she said, thinking that if they had the necessities on hand, she might be able to take care of that herself, provided Tassy told her where to find everything. She shuffled her feet somewhat awkwardly, not really knowing what to do in this situation. She had never really been in one like it before, after all. Leslie's friend was nothing like the people she was accustomed to being around, at least not adults. She supposed that, were she closer to her own age, it wouldn't have been so strange, after spending the last year with Gia and their housemates. But having an adult who wasn't like her mother or stepfather around was a new experience... Not a bad one, though. She typically disliked the women her mother was friends with; they were all catty, and snobby. And thought far too much of themselves. If nothing else, Tassy at least was clever, and she didn't seem arrogant. Lori could be wrong, though.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy snickered as Lorelei told her that she didn't need to apologize to her mother since it was mainly her fault in the first place. Not that she didn't totally agree with that sentiment. She didn't even get offended when she told her that she didn't care for leftovers and asked for fruit instead. Had she not known the social circle she usually ran with she probably would've been and called her persnickety but she knew it wasn't really her fault. It was the way she had been raised, plus she couldn't really pull herself to dislike her after seeing what a ghastly ghoul of a mother helped raise her. Thank Legba for her adoptive father then. "You're actually in luck, I just sliced a pineapple this morning for a smoothie so there's still that and some berries in there for you if you would like a fruit salad. Just excuse me while I put down Ridley and I'll come join you." she told the preteen giving her a grin before walking out the room and into the nursery.

Once inside the room she didn't immediately put down the baby, she kept slowly rocking and humming with her until she was sure her sudden movement wouldn't awaken the beast...the baby and very gently laid her into her crib and slowly closed her curtain. She practically tiptoed from the room and only celebrated when she firmly closed the bedroom door and heard no noise come from it. The musician gave a happy sigh of relief before rejoining Lorelei in the kitchen grabbing two mugs from one of the cupboards so she could them some tea, like the proper Brit she was masquerading. "So tell me about yourself. All I know is the stuff Les knows which isn't actually all that much, you know besides the fact that you both sadly share an DNA donor. What do you like to do?" Tassy asked as she pulled out the tea tin putting a bag in each mug while she waited for the water to boil.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Totes Not Offensive] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Ridley and Lori] [Feeling: Indignant] [Thinking: Go to sleep, go to sleep, my arms are getting heavy]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori felt somewhat awkward when Tassy left her alone to put the baby down. She'd considered following, but the woman had said 'excuse me,' which implied that she shouldn't. Perhaps her presence would make it more difficult to get the baby to sleep? That would make sense, she supposed. The Slytherin shifted her weight from one foot to another, hands clasped behind her back as she waited. When the woman returned, she felt herself relax somewhat, relieved. She was caught off-guard when asked about herself, and scolded herself for it; she should have expected it, after all. "I enjoy puzzles," she replied thoughtfully. "And video games. Those two tend to go together, my favorite genre is puzzle games." Belatedly, she wondered if Les had any video game systems. He'd mentioned playing games with his best friend, so clearly he enjoyed them as well (though he seemed to prefer fighting games, which surprised her somewhat). "I also enjoy board games. Particularly complex ones." As she spoke, Lori realized she was making herself sound like quite the nerd... Well, she supposed she was a nerd. That wasn't a bad thing, right? She didn't think she sounded like a particularly fun person, though. Puzzle and board games didn't tend to attract a lot of attention. Though, she would argue that the co-op mode of Portal 2 was exceptionally fun... Perhaps she would see if Les or Tassy would like to play it with her. She'd not gotten to play co-op in a long time, even before going to Hogwarts, due to having no one to play it with. She'd had to satisfy herself by running through the story mode so many times she had the puzzles memorized.

spaceBefore she could suggest as much, the door opened, and she turned to see Leslie walking into the living room. He had an odd expression on his face, like he was torn between exasperated and amused. The man's eyes landed on Tassy, and he snorted at her as he approached. "Do you even know the meaning of the word 'behave'?" he asked, obviously only teasing. "I will have you know I was just accosted in the hallway by a very irate woman, who proceeded to yell so loudly about your behavior that she had t be escorted out of the building." If her half-brother were offended by this turn of events, it didn't show; Lori bet he thought it was hilarious, actually. She didn't think he liked her mother all that much, for some reason. She understood perfectly why Tassy didn't, given their encounter minutes ago, but Charlotte had been on her best behavior when she'd met Leslie.

spaceLori frowned lightly, feeling bad, though, that he'd been yelled at. "I'm very sorry she was so awful," she told him, earning a dismissive wave and a roll of his eyes. "No worries, Lor, I'm used to worse, trust me," he told her, smirking, and she relaxed somewhat. "I didn't mean for Tas to have to get the door, had to run out on a quick errand for Ridley. I meant to be back before you got here, but you're early and the line at the store was long." Lori looked sheepish; it was her fault she'd been early, she'd finished her packing and told her mum that she'd seen no point in waiting. Charlotte had insisted it was rude, but her stepfather had pointed out that Leslie probably wouldn't care. The girl murmured another apology, and Leslie shrugged it off as he had the first. "Not a problem," he said again, "I feel worse for your mother. She's probably not used to dealing with people who'll be rude to her face." Lori couldn't rebuke that, and nodded with a sigh, chewing her lip. Hopefully, the young woman's behavior wouldn't result in Charlotte insisting she return home early.

User Image

Leslie Green #3CB371

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:39 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy wasn't entirely too surprised to hear that Lorelei liked puzzles, she just seemed the type, but she was at the bit about liking video games. She had assumed with what Les had told her and her previous short encounter with her mother that she would be stuck learning how to wine and dine like the best and how to get a husband by twenty. Then again, she had already proven she was more like her brother than she thought, so really it shouldn't be too too surprising. "That's great, considering the collection of games Les has maybe you two can find one and play against each other. I'm decent at those riddle and puzzle games but I'm pretty sure you could beat me solid. It took me nearly a year to beat my first Zelda game!" she told the girl with a laugh. She was sure her friend had a game or two like the ones she described, he seemed intent on creating one giant bachelor pad out of his apartment (ignoring the nursery and adorable game room of course) so it was plausible he had them.

Just then the object of her thoughts appeared with a bemused expression on his face and asked if she knew how to behave explaining that he had just been accosted by that crazy b***h she had just sent away. Whoops. Although it did amuse her that she had to know she had to be escorted out, that oughta put a nice sized bee in her bonnet. "It's your own fault with that posh accent of yours. I thought you said 'beehive' and I was like 'there's no beehive in here, he must've finally gone crazy!' and just ignored you. Sorta like every time you tell me something." Tassy explained with a sickly sweet smile. It slid off her face as Lorelei apologized for her mother and she was about to tell her a thousand and one things she should instead be doing instead of apologizing for her whoremongering socialite mother but the kettle started whistling at that exact moment as well as Les doing that on his own as well as apologizing for not being there.

However his next words about how the older woman wasn't used to going toe-to-toe with someone who doesn't back away did worry her just a bit. What if she used it for some excuse as to why her daughter couldn't visit her own brother and niece? It was the kind of dirty, low thing she'd expect so now she had guilt piling on her shoulders. Why couldn't she just keep her mouth shut sometimes?! Her family always said it was her worse quality. That and her ability to put her foot in it. "I hope my little spat with her doesn't make her come and get you sooner. I'd for that to happen because I have a very low tolerance for arseholery." Tassy told them with a guilty look upon her face as she passed the preteen her mug of tea as well as the sugar and cream from the fridge not even remotely sure how she took her tea. She supposed that if push came to shove she could hide Lori away and say the girl just wasn't there. That could buy them a day or so at the best if worst came to worst.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Totes Not Offensive] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Lori and Les] [Feeling: Guilty] [Thinking: And Loki does owe me that favor...]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori was pleased to hear that her brother had a game collection, particularly since Tassy made it sound as though it were extensive. She did hope that it also held a fair bit of variety, since some people's collections tended to be every single game they could find of a single genre. Her own was pretty varied; it was obvious that puzzle games were her favorite, but she didn't stick to them exclusively by a long shot. "I've beaten all the Zelda games," she quipped, and then wondered if that had been rude. Was she bragging? She hadn't meant to. She'd just... she wasn't quite sure what she'd been trying to accomplish with that. Perhaps steer the conversation so that they could talk about Zelda together? She was very fond of the series. But she didn't think the best way to attempt to start that conversation was to imply she was better than Tassy at the games.

spaceThe back and forth between Tassy and Leslie intrigued Lori. Tassy had said they were friends, and she didn't doubt that, were they dating, the woman would have delighted in informing her mother of that fact. It certainly would have mortified Charlotte. So it was unlikely she'd lied, which meant that they weren't a couple, and yet Lori distinctly got the impression that they were. They certainly didn't act like any friends she'd ever seen. And Tassy had been trusted with his daughter's care while he'd been out... and he'd made it sound as though he hadn't informed Tassy of where he'd been going, which implied that she'd already been here when he'd left, for some purpose other than babysitting. What was she doing here, then? Curious.

spaceBefore Lori could respond to Tassy's worry that her mother would come retrieve her sooner because of their altercation, Les shook his head, offering them both a smile. "I'll smooth it over with her dad, Tas, don't worry about it. He's a nice enough guy, and I get the feeling he wants her to actually be able to enjoy her Summer," he said, which relieved the preteen. She hadn't really considered it before the woman had said something, but it was quite likely that her mother was even now on the phone with her stepfather, insisting that they take her home. But, Les would be able to talk Emerson into letting her stay easily enough; he didn't want her cooped up in the house all holiday any more than she wanted to be.

spaceThe Slytherin took the cup from Tassy with a small smile and a thank you, adding her cream and sugar, earning an amused look from her brother. She considered asking what was so funny, but decided against it. Instead, she turned to his friend, expression sheepish. "Um, you said there was pineapple?" she asked, suddenly aware that her stomach was growling. She'd probably need something a bit more filling, to be honest, but the fruit would be good enough for now.

User Image

Leslie Green #3CB371

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 pm
We are the lucky ones!
We shine like a thousand suns!
When all of the color runs together...
I'll keep you company...
In one glorious harmony.
Waltzing with destiny forever;
Dance me into the night-
Underneath the moon shining so bright.

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

քʊʀɛɮʟօօɖɖʊʀʍֆȶʀǟռɢ ɢʀǟɖʊǟȶɛʍʊɢɢʟɛ ʟɨǟֆօռ օʄʄɨƈɛ

Ned was, once again, not having the best day, but that might have had more to do with being eight months pregnant that anything else. After all, ordinarily she enjoyed winter, and now that they were just edging into December she should have been happy, right? Wrong. She was miserable, because she was eight months pregnant and at times everything hurt and when she laid in bed at night she started to panic thinking of having the baby. Her family had- well, not been necessarily delighted, she didn't think, but her brother wasn't disowning her or kicking her out of the house, so that was a plus.

She had plans to move out at some point, had been meaning to move out for years, but the pregnancy had stalled all of that. Maybe in the spring, she thought hopefully. She made enough money to get a small but decent flat in a neighborhood she could feel comfortable taking a pram out in. Gods. A pram. She'd been one of those women she'd dismissed as frumpy and overworked, pushing a screaming baby in a pram. Ned didn't know what gender it was; it wasn't as if she could walk into a muggle doctor office and have them do an ultrasound, but she had the feeling it was girl. She'd like that. A little daughter, someone whose hair she could brush at night and buy pretty things for. At least He had been handsome, so any child of theirs was, she assumed, bound to be good looking.

But when those brief fantasies of an adorable daughter with bows in her hair played out, and reality crept back in, she mostly felt a numb sort of terror. Her parents had been cold. Not abusive, and not neglectful, unless you counted emotional neglect, but cold. Cold and preoccupied. That was what she remembered. Her mother had never brushed her hair, and her father had never read her stories at night. She'd gone off to Durmstrang baffled by others who cried and missed their parents; Ned had missed her brothers and sisters. She'd never written them a single letter while she was away at school, and by the time she graduated they were dead, and she hadn't felt so much intense grief as a sense of dull loss.

So to avoid her fears of being a terrible mother and her fears about going into labor and her fears that this was going to entirely ruin her life, because she didn't exactly know many men very eager to pursue single mothers, she'd chosen to focus on her work. Very intensively on her work. Some of her coworkers were staying at her like she was insane for still coming in when she looked 'fit to pop', and she had politely glowered at them until the comments stopped. So what if she was suddenly very involved in her work? Clearly, Ned thought sarcastically, she more than anyone else knew how important it was, having gotten pregnant with a muggle man's child and still managing to avoid him finding out about the magical world. Three cheers for her!

She approached the door she'd been looking for about as briskly as someone very pregnant could. Part of her suspected her coworkers had encouraged her to do the house call just to get her out of the office. She might have been slightly on edge lately, and they all looked vaguely horrified, as if the old, calm, serene Eluned Heist had been murdered and replaced by an insane doppelganger. Well, she wasn't a doppelganger, she was pregnant, and she was doing her job, which was making a random house call to a wealthy muggleborn wizard who ran a very muggle business. Naturally, this occasionally raised the Muggle Liasion Office's hackles a bit. Her supervisor had described it as 'nervewracking'. Ned's nerves were not wracked. At all. She would know. She knocked precisely, twice.

OOC:
((bc I said I would post this >.>))
Cara MiaKitty

[quote-"Yukina101"]

Turning me into the light...
Time dances whirling past.
I gaze through the looking glass-
And feel just beyond my grasp is heaven.
Sacred geometry; where movement is poetry!
Visions of you and me forever;
Dance me into the night.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:01 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHis Living Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMiss Heist
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ɗσ ǀ ω α η η α кησω? ǀf тнιѕ f є є Ɩ ι η g fƖσωѕ в σ т н ω α у ѕ ? xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sαɗ тσ ѕ є є уσυ g σ . Ɯαѕ ѕσят σf н σ ρ ι η g тнαт уσυ'ɗ ѕ т α у xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Ɓαву ωє вσтн к η σ ω тнαт тнє ηιgнтѕ ωєяє м α ι η Ɩ у м α ɗ є xxxxxx
                                                          Ƒσя ѕαуιη' т н ι η g ѕ тнαт уσυ c α η ' т ѕ α у тσмσяяσω ɗαу xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLes' expression was probably far too smug than was good for his own physical well-being. If not for the fact that Tassy was presently too busy staring at the telly so hard it might've burst into flames and screaming at him about being a 'dirty rotten cheat,' she would've seen the look on his face, and he would almost certainly be a dead man. "Now, c'mon, Tas," he said, entirely too calm, "It's not cheating when they program the things into the game." As he spoke, he dropped another banana peel, one that he'd positioned very specifically so that she would have to avoid a speed boost in order to not hit it and be sent spiraling off the edge. It was a moot point, he'd won the round by then, but he couldn't resist screwing with her. "Besides, the only thing you hate more than me winning is me going easy on you," he pointed out, and then let out a jubilant crow when he crossed the finish line.

spaceBefore he could taunt her with yet another victory dance (honestly, he was just trying to keep her motivated to try harder. She should be grateful), he heard two very sharp knocks on his door. Frowning, he glanced over at Tassy. "Were we expecting company?" he asked, knowing full well they weren't. He didn't like the sound of those knocks. They sounded Official and Important. Which probably meant it was someone he absolutely didn't want to see. Though, he had to wonder how any of the assholes who worked with his father would've gotten his address. And Lori's mum had no business bothering him when the girl was at school, so who the hell was at his door in a huff? They had to be in a huff. You didn't knock like that if you were stopping by for a pleasant social call.

spaceStanding with a sigh, he made his way to the door, blinking at the woman on the other side. She was very pretty, and very, very pregnant. She was also not someone he recognized off the top of his head. And certainly not someone associated with his father; he'd definitely remember her. Pretty and pregnant, after all. "How can I help you?" he asked, clearly confused. Briefly, he wondered if she lived in the building and was seeking assistance because she was in labor; it seemed ridiculous, but given the sheer level of ridiculousness his life could attain at times, he wouldn't say it was impossible. But, if that were the case, he didn't quite understand why the woman would've gone upstairs rather than down. And she seemed to be in a relatively serene state; pregnant woman were rarely serene, especially when in labor. Not that he had a lot of experience in that matter, but he'd heard the horror stories from the twins. If Ada could manage to turn into a demon while giving birth, he doubted if there was a woman on Earth who wouldn't... And again was reminded of why he was glad there had been no talk of expanding their little family from Tassy. Then again, he was still trying to get her to move in. In a couple of years, she might change her mind... He was trying not to think about it.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ ( Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ )
                                                          xxxxxx Ɛνєя тнσυgнт σf c α Ɩ Ɩ ι η g ωнєη уσυ'νє н α ɗ α f є ω ?
                                                          xxxxxxxxx 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ α Ɩ ω α у ѕ ɗ σ ( 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ α Ɩ ω α у ѕ ɗ σ )
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Mαувє ǀ'м тσσ в υ ѕ у вєιηg уσυяѕ тσ f α Ɩ Ɩ fσя ѕσмєвσɗу η є ω
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx иσω ι'νє т н σ υ g н т ιт т н я σ υ g н ( Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ )

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Taken | Owner of Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy could only think of three things at this particular moment in time: how she was going to eventually wipe the look off Les' face which she was 99% sure was pure smug, why exactly had she challenged him to Rainbow ******** Road of all the Kart worlds that he whipped her arse in, and whether it was actually possible to avoid the banana peel and hit the speed boost. Unfortunately she only got an answer to her last question which was "******** no" which was coincidentally what she screamed at the screen as she went careening off the edge and watched his smug b*****d character make it across the checked finish line. Smug cheating son of a b***h. "A, it's totally probably cheating the way you hoard those boosters and those ******** shells and peels and that canon! Like, where the hell did you even pick up that canon?! And B, the only thing I hate worst than both of those is you being a smug little p***k after you know you've won. I was like a lap and a half behind you last game, that ******** lightning was uncalled for!" she argued flailing her arms and hands to illustrate her point even as the game screen returned to its usual selection menu.

She was about to throw a shoe or the entire bowl of popcorn at him for his stupid victory dance (ok like after the fifth win in a row, you should just stop ya braggart) she heard the same knocks on the door as he apparently had and shook her head in negative when he asked if they were expecting anyone. The Harpy aka Lori's mother wouldn't willingly come to see them without her daughter there to act as a shield or buffer, she very much doubted the arsehole himself, aka the elder Lovell, would come either. And it definitely couldn't be anyone they were familiar with because these knocks were the type you got before someone pinned an eviction notice on your door, not the one where your mates were waiting on the other side with a six pack and some good times.

She probably shouldn't have but Tassy followed Les to the door standing off to the side as he opened to see a very pregnant woman standing there looking like she wasn't ready to drop at any second. Judging from all the pregnant women she'd been surrounded by the past five years she had to have been at least eight or nine months, the hell did she want with them?! For a split second, barely a nano really, she had considered asking if this was another one but she felt that not only was it in poor taste it was also giving her boyfriend too much credit. The woman in the hallway was stunning, even if she looked the size of a baby killer whale. That and they'd been on a self-imposed hiatus about eight months ago and he'd assured them the only love he had was between himself and his right hand. So whatever reason she was here it was some sort of Business reason and not Personal, which then begged the question of what the actual hell did he get himself into?

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: The flat] [With: Les and Preggo] [Feeling: Suspicious] [Thinking: It'd be so wrong to yell "GODZILLA" right now]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm
We are the lucky ones!
I'll keep you company...
In one glorious harmony.
Dance me into the night-

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned had never met Mr. Lovell before, but she supposed he didn't look much different than she had expected him to. He was very tall, quite bald, thought it looked as though he had shaved his head, instead of having lost his hair, and she estimated him to be in his thirties. And beside him was a dark skinned, blonde haired woman, who was either around Ned's age or a little older. As far as she was aware, no Ministry records indicated Mr. Lovell as having a spouse, so she had to assume the woman was either a partner who lived with him or a friend over for a visit. The trouble was she had no idea who the woman was, or if she was magical or not. And Ned could hardly start spouting off about Ministry business in front of a muggle. And dear gods above, she did not want to have to perform a memory charm. She obviously wasn't an obliviator, but she did know how to properly perform one, with her line of work, and she'd done so before. Still, it always made her slightly squeamish, doing that, and she really didn't feel like it today.

She felt a bit irritated about this whole thing now, however irrationally, and started with, "Are you Leslie Lovell?" the blonde asked calmly. She had might as well get that out of the way first, right? Not knowing how else to go about this without immediately raising the suspicions of the possibly muggle woman mere feet from her, she handed him her badge, which indicated her position quite clearly, and said plainly, "I'm here on department business, Mr. Lovell." Her assumption was that if he had any sense, and since the man had a high ranking position in a very wealthy company, Ned hoped he did, for their sake, he would realize what she was saying. And if the woman beside him was a muggle, he would either find a way to usher her out, or tell Ned to come by again later. If she wasn't, well, the more the merrier, she thought dryly, green eyes glancing over at the woman again.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

[quote-"Yukina101"]

Dance me into the night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHis Living Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMiss Heist
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ɗσ ǀ ω α η η α кησω? ǀf тнιѕ f є є Ɩ ι η g fƖσωѕ в σ т н ω α у ѕ ? xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sαɗ тσ ѕ є є уσυ g σ . Ɯαѕ ѕσят σf н σ ρ ι η g тнαт уσυ'ɗ ѕ т α у xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Ɓαву ωє вσтн к η σ ω тнαт тнє ηιgнтѕ ωєяє м α ι η Ɩ у м α ɗ є xxxxxx
                                                          Ƒσя ѕαуιη' т н ι η g ѕ тнαт уσυ c α η ' т ѕ α у тσмσяяσω ɗαу xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLes fought the urge to groan, both at the use of his full name and the woman's very precise tone. He'd known this wasn't a social call, of course, but he hated being proven right. Or, well. Usually he loved being proven right. Not now, though. He wondered if it would be pointless to correct her to 'Les,' considering she would likely stick to Mr. Lovell for the remainder of their interaction. "I am," he said simply, glancing to his side briefly as Tassy joined him at the door. When the woman noticed his girlfriend, he detected a note of frustration from her. When she offered her badge, he understood, all too well. The Slytherin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Not this again," he muttered, though in truth, he hadn't much room to complain. It'd been a while since the Muggle Liaison Office had pestered him with their suspicions that he was somehow abusing his magic within his company. He'd hoped that after the last time (and how long ago had that even been?), they'd get the picture and understand that he had zero interest in helping his father along with his magic. Apparently not, though.

spaceStepping aside, he gestured for the woman to come inside. "My girlfriend, Tassy Ellis," he introduced, and then glanced at the dark-skinned woman. "Tas, put a kettle on? I'm apparently being scolded by the Ministry." A bit spiteful, perhaps, but it annoyed him to no end that he was on some stupid watch list for being involved in a career he'd not really chosen for himself. Now, he'd been at it so long (and after his father's position to boot), he didn't really know what else he'd do with himself if he wanted to try and have a job within the wizarding world. If he ever figured it out, he might quit, just to get them off his bloody back. "The living room, Miss Heist? Or is that too informal? There's also the dining room table." he asked, brow arching. He was hoping she'd refuse to sit at all. It would indicate the intention of a quick visit. "This is just a formality," it would mean. If that were all it was, he wouldn't mind nearly as much. It was only if they actually suspected him of illegal activity that he'd get twitchy. He did a lot of questionable things, but this was not one of them. He had zero interest in being the cause of some big to-do with the statue of secrecy... Nor in helping his father.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ ( Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ )
                                                          xxxxxx Ɛνєя тнσυgнт σf c α Ɩ Ɩ ι η g ωнєη уσυ'νє н α ɗ α f є ω ?
                                                          xxxxxxxxx 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ α Ɩ ω α у ѕ ɗ σ ( 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ α Ɩ ω α у ѕ ɗ σ )
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Mαувє ǀ'м тσσ в υ ѕ у вєιηg уσυяѕ тσ f α Ɩ Ɩ fσя ѕσмєвσɗу η є ω
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx иσω ι'νє т н σ υ g н т ιт т н я σ υ g н ( Ƈ я α ω Ɩ ι η ' в α c к т σ у σ υ )

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Taken | Owner of Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy was curious as to why the woman suddenly became irritated once she got sight of her and had to fight the urge to childishly cross her eyes and stick out her tongue. She blamed it on too many video games in the past hour or so. Her eyes widened only a small fraction when she called Les by his full name and pulled out some badge and didn't even reconsider before leaning across her boyfriend's shoulder to read what it said before rolling her eyes. He had told her about how the ministry had come to him, specifically the muggle liaison office, wondering about his father's success while he, a wizard, worked there. Honestly she just wanted for one of the poor saps to go undercover one day and sneak into a conference between the two Lovells. After hearing that s**t storm she was sure they'd leave him alone. The musician blinked, grinned, and cheekily shot a peace sign as she was introduced before rolling her eyes again but snickering as she went into the kitchen to do her asked task. She also gave a soft snort after filling the kettle with water and ruffling through the tea hearing the man ask their guest whether they wanted to have the discussion in the living room or dining room. What type of teas did pregnant woman like? Decaf for sure, that much she remembered but she couldn't really remember if there was a generalized tea for pregnant women. She remembered her twin liked peppermint when she had been pregnant saying it helped with morning sickness. Though with how large the other woman was she could only pray the poor thing wasn't still going through it. Her eyes strayed to an impulse buy, raspberry tea, and wondered if that would be safe. She looked over the box and saw that it was caffeine free and has barely any sugar so she figured it would be safe. Tassy put three bags in different mugs and waited for the kettle to whistle by alternating her thinking between ways she could finally wipe the floor with that smug b*****d in another game (probably Brawl, he still couldn't figure out why she kept winning with Lucas) and wondering what exactly Les had done to get himself pinged on their radar again. [b ]"A

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: The flat] [With: Les and Preggo] [Feeling: Suspicious] [Thinking: It'd be so wrong to yell "GODZILLA" right now]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 pm
We are the lucky ones!
I'll keep you company...
In one glorious harmony.
Dance me into the night-

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned struggled to maintain a neutral expression at the man's mutter. For Merlin's sake, he sounded like a petulant teen! Was he honestly this surprised the Muggle Liaison Office was checking up on him when a Hogwarts educated wizard practically ran a muggle business? And not just some little shop or bakery either, a massive corporation? Of course they were going to come by at least once a year, he was lucky this was a home visit and she wasn't in his office at this moment demanding to see all internet and on file records. She'd been hanging around muggles since she was a teen, she was just as proficient with their technology as magical.

"Hello, Ms. Ellis," she said calmly, trying not to scowl at what Mr. Lovell said next, though her green eyes flashed. She'd been doing so well, too. But if he wanted to act like a child, so be it. She'd treat him like a child. Ned had had about enough of immature men by now. The girlfriend was obviously a witch or a squib, she'd surmised by now, and she followed them into the flat, which was massive, very tastefully decorated, though a bit too cold and modern for her tastes. By this point she wanted to be done with as much as they probably wanted her out of their home, but she refused to do this, to be crude, half-arsed just because of these two. "I'm sure the living room will be sufficiently formal," she replied coolly. 'If you like,' she wanted to say, 'We can all sit on the floor like toddlers and sing songs before I do my job'.

The blonde sat on the couch and though she wanted to recline into it, as her back hurt very, very badly, she forced herself to sit up straight and on the edge of it, her hands folded neatly in her lap. Ned decided she might as well start this, before they decided to poison her tea, and forced back a sigh. "Let's begin with the basics, Mr. Lovell. You are still currently employed by the company run by your father, the elder Mr. Lovell, correct? And you have remained in their employment since your graduation from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?" She rummaged through her bag and came out with a Self-Writing quill. She had to have accurate notes of their entire conversation or they'd make her do a repeat visit, and she could only imagine how that would go.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

[quote-"Yukina101"]

Dance me into the night.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items