Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:15 pm
All rightie!
I'm finally back in town with some time to think on my fellow! Here's what I've got!

User Image

Name: Songzhen
Means "Pine Needles" in Chinese.
The Lapsang soquili are inspired by Lapsang Souchong tea - which was developed during a time of war when armies were traveling through a territory that was famous for their tea. So much was required for the passing army that they did not have enough tea and they demanded that they make more. However, there was not enough time to dry the tea leaves so instead they smoked the tea over pine - giving the tea a distinctive smoky taste.
Songzhen bears the array of characteristics of the Lapsang soquili: pinecone-like scales, pine needles growing behind his ears, and a distinctive brushpaint style

Personality: Songzhen is an older stallion, who spent most of his life in the Lapsang Valley. He is an older, skilled artist, using the tea that is brewed in his homeland as a media. He specializes in paintings of war and some of the stars of the re-enactment battles, using his artwork as posters or advertisements sometimes for the big name actors.

His mane has a faint taste of tea, and he prides himself of "putting a bit of himself" into his works - using just a bit of his stained teawater mane in each painting. However, it is only an accent - in place of a signature - as otherwise it would deplete too quickly to regrow.

When the lands opened up, revealing new territories that was lost to the shroud of history, he seized the opportunity to travel with the reenactment troupe. As much as he enjoyed capturing the life of the Lapsang herd on paper, the opportunity for new subject matter, new breeds of soquili, new landscapes was too sweet of a call to resist.

History: Songzhen grew up among the other Lapsang soquili in the "Lapsang valley" in the Eastern mountain range: a peaceful herd that shared a history of warfare centuries ago. While he admired the warriors of the herd, and those who displayed skill in the art of stunt fighting and battle re-enactment, his own talents emerged in the form of artwork.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm
*Working merrily on setting up the information for the reenactment troupe interest thread in my personal guild*  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:01 am
mindsend

I realized I never actually quoted you in my post at the top of this page ^^;
Did everything look okay with Songzhen's personality/backstory to fit in with the Reenactment herd? smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:50 am
Sabin Duvert
mindsend

Did everything look okay with Songzhen's personality/backstory to fit in with the Reenactment herd? smile

Indeed they did! biggrin I believe I pinged you in the Mockup for the IT thread for the herd itself to see if you have any ideas to add to it or things to fill out or just see how it's going before its actually officially set up in the herd thread and plots  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:23 am
mindsend
Sabin Duvert
mindsend

Indeed they did! biggrin I believe I pinged you in the Mockup for the IT thread for the herd itself to see if you have any ideas to add to it or things to fill out or just see how it's going before its actually officially set up in the herd thread and plots

Yes! ^.^ I got the link which is what reminded me to check back here smile
Got the link saved with his profile in my teepee for when I get some time to toss some two-cents at it smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:19 am
I'm trying to think of what Jasper, the Hare I won, can do for the herd. He can gather things and be parts of shows if need be. Have we figured out any definite roles for familiars?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:30 pm
Painted Moose

Sabra Knight

Hey guys! Just wanting to post here and hear about your Lapsangs and what your stories for them and so on is here since it may not belong on the Traveling Reenactment fair. o3o I'd love to hear about them  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff