Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
Yates Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aeron Yates- (NPC)
x❤Morwenna Yates nee Howell- (NPC)
xxx↪Tomos Yates- (NPC)
xxxx❤Beatice Yates nee Cornwall - (NPC)
xxxxxx↪Luke Yates - (NPC)
xxxxxx↪Roland Yates - (NPC)
xxx↪Bevan Yates-Nivens - (NPC)
xxxx❤Orville Nivens - (NPC)
xxxxxx❀Opheilia Yates-Nivens - (NPC)
xxx↪Tesni Yates
xxxx
Played by Yukina101
xxx↪Griffith Yates- (NPC)
xxxxxLeonora Croft- (NPC)
xxxxxxx↪Emily Yates
(NPC) (played by Newsies Boy added and discussed 11/06/15 @10:50pm in chatzy and following pm)
xxx↪Morgan Yates- (NPC)
xxxx❤Harriet Yates nee Belstaff - (NPC)
xxxxxx↪Erroll Yates - (NPC)

Pended by: CREW MEMBER, DATE
Accepted by: Weasley 11/13/15
Accepted Characters: [Tesni Yates 11/13/15]
Updates Accepted by: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 01/05/2018

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 pm
Hi, my name is Tesni Mairwen Yates

But I mostly go by Tesni

I'm a Female

I'm 49 years old.

My birthday is September 28th 1996

I work in I'm the Care of Magical Creatures professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

My dream job is Unfortunately it's more of a "wish" than a "dream" to do whatever it is I feel like doing for the day and amazingly get paid for it.

My blood status is Halfblood

The house I was in was Gryffindor

I was in the class of 2014

I'm interested in I tend not to discriminate

I'm currently with Fanchon Cohen

I may seem a strange combination of laid back and fierce as s**t but I'm really that and a lot more. I'm generally a pretty at ease, go with the flow kind of person, but when it comes to certain things I can become truly ferocious. Especially if those things include the magical creatures I seek to protect and learn from. But I still like to laugh and have fun, as well has have intelligent conversation from time to time.

My background story is Isn't quite as interesting as you might assume but if you insist. My Mum was a Welsh muggle and my Da a Welsh wizard. They fell in love, yadda yadda yadda, and then I along with my multitudes of brothers were conceived. I had the misfortune of not only being the only girl but the exact middle child out of five children. It was loud, it was disgusting, and it definitely wasn't girl friendly but damned if I didn't love my childhood. My Mum didn't know about my father being a wizard apparently until my oldest brother summoned his bottle when she was taking too long and scared the bejeesus out of her, or enough for my Da to come clean about a few things. She was a bit miffed he had kept it from her for so long (I don't exactly blame her) but they made up (obviously from the four other children running amok on the Earth they did) and me and my siblings grew up in a "best of both worlds" household. There was little to no magic in our house, the little being out accidental and the times of our father's laziness, so most chores and entertainment were done muggle-style. And since we lived near a national park that wasn't too hard. I and some of my brothers would spend hours just creating new games or just messing around in there. My Mum's big on "conversion of natural resources" and my Da works with in the Office of Misinformation (which basically creates all the bollocks regular people believe about magical creatures) and so they brought up their kids to respect nature and all her children. My brother's took the lessons and just kept going with life but I kept them close to my heart. I started researching magical creatures in my spare time and going out trying to see if I could catch glimpses of them. Before I went off to Hogwarts I had found a little doxy nest but I didn't really consider that a win. I followed my two older brothers to Hogwarts where one was a Gryffindor and the other a Ravenclaw. I followed the oldest and became a Gryffindor while my two younger ones went off to Slytherin and Hufflepuff respectively. Our father got a good laugh at finding out all his kids were in each house, something about poles on every inch of the Earth? Whatever. All I know was that I was already sorta "out there" what with how I dressed (slacks are more comfortable than skirts, sorry), how I talked (if you can't say "********" in polite conversation, why even have it in the dictionary?!), and of course, the elusive shadows that plagued me. Of course my older brother had to be the "heart throb" (coffhocoffhack) of the lions while my second was nearly top of his class. My brother in Slytherin was mainly known for his prowess in Quidditch as a beater and the Hufflepuff...well dammit he was a puff! Sorta hard not to automatically love the little bugger. And where was I you ask? Again, smack dab in the middle. If I exceeded in one subject my professors would just compare me to my brothers, and woe be onto me if I failed in a subject where my brothers triumphed. I had friends, I had a social life don't get me wrong, but it was still...discouraging to be constantly compared to people you had no hope of ever becoming. Or wanting to for that matter. But I found solace in the magical creatures of the area. Even though I wasn't supposed to (but really, calling it "Forbidden" was basically slapping a giant blinking neon sign saying "Welcome All Who Dwell Near" ) I clocked in some pretty serious numbers in the forest just observing or even meeting a centaur or two, getting comfortable with the hippogryff herd, and I'm pretty sure I was splashed by a merperson after "accidentally" dropping in some fish eggs I had pilfered from the kitchens. Either way, I was happy the way my Hogwarts years turned out, just could've been happier without all the comparisons.

Anyway, after graduation I decided to take a year off and travel before settling down at a ministry or whatever job was in my future but that year turned into several. I found myself going to far off forests, deserts, and plains researching new or lost magical beings and even filling a few books with my writings and drawings. I never got them published, mainly because I didn't think anyone would want to read it but also because some of the pages held some erm, private things. It was around my twenty-seventh birthday that I had a terrible accident...ok so I fell off a cliff. It's not as terrible as it sounds, and it was my own fault! But I was very injured and it was touch and go for a few minutes but I pulled through with some consequences. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy and I'm now, in simplest terms, barren. It wasn't an easy choice (as much as I might've joked about what poor sap would want me as a mum) but it was the right one as far as I was concerned. After the incident my Mum put her foot down about all of my travelling and philandering ways and told me to settle down once and for all. So I did...for a while. I don't know how I managed boarding school when I couldn't even stay in my own home for more than an hour without going crazy! I tried working different Ministry jobs that focused on magical creatures and got fed up with the bureaucracy of it all. I would've gone to work with dragons but I didn't really want to limit myself to just one class, no matter how beautiful they are up close. After much thinking, writing, and a few trips to the ER I saw that there was an opening to teach at Hogwarts, and more importantly it was for the Care of Magical Creatures class. I figured it was a sign from a higher being and applied so to not incur it's wrath.

I've enjoyed teaching so far, the little imps know more than they'd like to admit and it is rather amusing seeing their eyes light up in fear or glee at seeing some of the creatures we learn about. On one of my "therapeutic" hikes during the summer months I stumbled upon a younger woman by the name of Fanchon and, well, I'm not a slow or patient woman. We quickly became entangled with each other and I'm very much delighted by this.

I enjoy Herbal cigarettes, creatures of any kind, nature, intellectual debates (or arguments if you really want to be literal), watching the sun rise and set over the forest top

I despise Noise pollution, comparing persons who are nothing alike, people who mistreat animals or sentient beings of any type or race, blatant stupidity, plain tea. I never got a taste for it.

I'm afraid of Well since the whole cliff thing I have a slight aversion to heights, but I'm slowly working on it

My strengths are I'm very good with animals and magical creatures and I can roll a herb cigarette in under a minute

My flaws are I can become a little hotheaded if I find certain truths are hitting too close to home and a bit mistrustful of people I first meet.

I look like Catriona Balfe

My wand is a 11 3/4 in Butternut with a slightly knobby handle and a Dragon heartstring of a Hebridean Black core.

My pet is a rather serious looking spectacled owl named Oberon

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy~ EE
Charms~ EE
DADA~ O
Herbology~ EE
History of Magic ~A
Potions~ P
Transfiguration~ A
Ancient Runes ~EE
Art~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~O
Mythology~ EE
Muggle Mythology~ EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Astronomy~ EE
Charms~ O
DADA~ O
Herbology~ EE
Ancient Runes~ EE
Art~ O
Care of Magical Creatures~ O
Mythology~ O
Muggle Mythology~ EE  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:53 pm
NPC

Hi, my name is Emily Yates

But I mostly go by Em

I'm a female

I'm 7 years old.

My birthday is November 1st, 2024

My dream job is to be just like my father, a professional Quidditch Player. I want to be a Seeker when I grow up.

My blood status is Halfblood

The school I will be attending is Beauxbatons, though I wish I were born inside the british Aisles so I could attend Hogwarts like my father. grrrr...

The house I will be in is aphrodite (it's the girls house there)

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a big ball of energy. I may be at one place one moment, then a completely different place the next. I am often getting myself in trouble, though I don't mean to. I may seem annoying as I will just come up to you and start talking, even if I don't know you. Sorry about that.

My background story is quite fun. My parents were visiting my grandparents in France when I was born. I was born in Paris, France to be exact. Oh what a beautiful city it is. Well after I was born, my mum and I lived with my grandparents for a few months while my dad came back to the British isles. He moved to London in search for a better home for us and to find a stable job to support me and my mum. Once he was able to find one he sent for us to move down to london with him. That would be the last time my mum ever saw France, as about a year after we came back to England, she died. My dad says it was a hard time on both of us, but I unfortunately don't remember her. I dream about her every night though on how I envision she was. Well after that, according to my dad, we moved out of the house due to how painful it would have been to stay and moved closer to the leaky cauldron where we could go to Diagon alley alot faster and he was closer to an entrance for his job. When I turned 5 though my dad started to teach me basic knowledge about Quidditch history and I fell in love with the sport. I dream of one day flying on the brooms and becoming a seeker. I currently attend muggle school as my dad says it will help me become knowledgeable, plus it helps me make friends.

I enjoy looking at snakes, going on adventures, watch my dad play Quidditch, Jump Rope, tell stories, draw pretty unicorns, playing make believe and hening out in Diagon Alley with my dad. Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes is my favorite shop, it is so fun.

I despise being picked on, being told I can't do something that boys can, arguing, being told what to do, getting grounded.

I'm afraid of Spiders, the dark, monsters and lightning

My strengths are being very friendly

My flaws are that I may talk to strangers even if they might have ill intentions.

I look like Mckenna Grace (at 7 years old),

My wand is nonexistent since I am not of age yet.

My dream pet is an Owl

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)

Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games