Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Davenport Family Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 am
Dᴀᴠᴇɴᴘᴏʀᴛ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ Hᴏᴍᴇ
Located in London
════════════════════════

User Image

Michael Geoffrey Davenport
Leon Gregory McGregor

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 am
Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
════════════════════════

User Image

xxxxxMɪᴄʜᴀᴇʟ Dᴀᴠᴇɴᴘᴏʀᴛ
xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇ/Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ/Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

User Image

xxxxxLᴇᴏɴ MᴄGʀᴇɢᴏʀ
            xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇ/Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ/Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:07 am
Oᴅᴅ Nᴏᴛᴇs Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ
════════════════════════

The home is in an upscale portion of London, as Michael's parents are well off because of their professions. Michael lives with his parents during breaks and such while attending university. However, he recently discovered his birth family and his younger brother Leon moved in as a result of being kicked out because he had magic. The family itself is quite muggle, aside from Michael's magical brothers, and never encountered anything odd other than the owls being sent to Michael from his younger brother Jeremy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:07 am
User Image
                                                  If only I could get into that corner of your head
                                                  Where things finally match and meet the standards that you set
                                                  Oh how I wish I was the treasure that you were lookin' for
                                                  Bet I would feel better if only I could find the door

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ᙢᘮᘐᘐᒪᗴ || 17 ϒᗴᗩᖇᔕ 〇ᒪᕍ || ᔕ♈ᘎᕍᙓﬡ♈

════════════════════════

Joi hesitated at the door, letting her fist hover in midair before she knocked. This wasn't her usual home. No, it had taken her two years to find out where her younger brother had disappeared to, and finally had tracked down the people who had taken him in. It was the home of her brother, her brother that her parents had put up for adoption years ago. She didn't know how to feel about it, especially since she knew that the guy in question was a complete stranger. However, Leon had come to him instead of anyone else when he left, and Joi found the steel in her spine that she she thought she lacked. Resolutely she knocked on the door, and stood outside fidgeting. Who came to the door was a surprise, as she hadn't expected for anyone to be home. She had just come home herself from school, so she hadn't thought that the university students would be home yet. Yet, the tall blond man that came to the door was certainly not what she was expecting. She could see the resemblances immediately though, thinking that if Leon wasn't so rough, he might grow up and resemble the guy a lot. "May I help you?"

Joi fidgeted a bit before she cleared her throat. The guy had a really upper class accent, and he certainly didn't look like he belonged in the area she was raised. It made her think that had situations been different, she might have flirted with him quite a bit. He was certainly cute enough, and well-dressed, but she had to remind herself that this was probably Michael, which meant the young man was off-limits for flirting. "Yeah, I wos finkin' tha' ya migh' 'ave an idea 'bout me bruv, Leon. 'E disappeared two years ago, an' I 'aven't even seen 'im 'round anywhere."

The young man blinked, and sighed. "Well, that makes sense. You're Joi, right? I've heard Leon talk about you. I'm Michael, by the way. Michael Davenport. I'm well, I guess I'm your eldest brother." Michael looked about as awkward as Joi felt about being introduced like this. Not that she could blame him. He turned and gestured for her to come inside, causing Joi to blink at him. "Um, please, come in. My mum and dad aren't home right now, and I just got back home from the dorms. Leon's also not home, since I won't be picking him up from school until tomorrow."

Joi nodded, entering and looking around the home. It certainly seemed big to her, and she felt self-conscious enough to take her shoes off at the door before she walked through the house. She looked around, thinking that the place looked very rich. Michael seemed to be at ease though as he led her through the house, and she could only imagine that he'd grown up around all of this. It was strange to think about for sure. He led her to the kitchen and gestured for her to take a seat at the counter. She did so, fidgeting a bit as she looked around still. "So, ya live 'ere wiff yer mum an' dad? Seems li' a nice posh place. I never woulda though' tha' one o' me bruvs would be so... well, no' meaning offence, bu' yer kinda rich, ain' ya?"

Michael gave her an odd look as he got out a couple of cups and put on the kettle for tea. He then shook his head, looking bemused. "I forgot. I guess I just think that since Jeremy and Leon aren't put off by it, that means that everyone's going to be used to it. That would be my fault. I apologize if I made you uncomfortable."

Joi gave him a look, then rolled her eyes. Oh yeah, he had to be one of those, huh? All proper and everything. Which was cute, but she had to remind herself that she was related to him and that he was completely off limits. She crossed her arms and decided to blow a bit of hair out of her face while watching him. "Yer goin' ta go all proper on me now, are ya? I 'ate ta tell ya this, bu' ya don' need ta. I ain' a proper kinda girl. 'Ow's Leon been doin', anyway? 'E hasn't been givin' ya no problems, 'as 'e?"

Michael actually chuckled as he shook his head at Joi. "No, I'd imagine he's more trouble with Jeremy than with me. Then again, those two are very much alike. I can only guess that they had similar upbringings. He's been fine though. I've been trying to get him to quit smoking though. It seems like an uphill battle."

Joi blinked, hearing that name again. She didn't know who this Jeremy was, but figured he was someone that Leon dealt with regularly if Michael was stating that Jeremy had more problems than him. "'E's go' ta 'ate tha', th' quittin' thing. 'E picked up th' 'abit from our dad, an' 'asn't stopped ye'. I fink it's stress-related, ta be 'onest." Joi then cocked her head, frowning. "'Oo's Jeremy? One o' yer chinas?"

Michael shook his head, but before he could reply, the kettle started whistling and he went to finish up the tea while speaking. "No, Jeremy's not one of my mates. He's actually our other brother, younger than me but older than yourself. It was because of him that I even realized I had a larger family than I realized." He turned, setting down the cups as well as some biscuits. He then took a seat and looked over Joi, chewing his lip. "Joi, I don't know if you know this or not, but neither of them are, well, normal. Leon's attending Jeremy's alma mater, which is a school for magic. I originally didn't believe a thing that Jeremy was talking about until his wife brought me to their equivalent of a shopping district. From what I gather, I'm not even supposed to tell you about this. However, I do believe you have a right to know."

"Yer pickin' 'im up from school, wite? That magic thing? That's wot yer doin' tomorrow?" At Michael's nod, Joi nodded to herself. "Well then, it's settled. I'm comin' wiff ya. Figure if nuffink else, I'd li' ta see fer meself 'bout 'ow Leon's doin'."

Michael blinked, trying to follow this. "Wait, you're coming with me? I don't even know where you live, and I don't drive around London enough to know my way around really well. I'm not sure if I can pick you up to take you with me."

Joi grinned, already having an idea in mind. "Then I'm spendin' th' nigh'. Me 'rents ain' gonna be worried, an' I can always take Leon's room while I'm 'ere. Tha' way, less 'assle fer me an' you, wite?"

"What about my parents? I mean, I've never had a girl spend the night here before. Don't you think they might have a problem with someone just volunteering themselves to stay over?" Joi had to admit, he looked cute when he got flustered. A lot like Leon did when he got in one of his blustery moods.

"Firs' time fer everythin', wite? 'Sides, gives ya practice when ya finally 'ave a pearl over." At Michael's gobsmacked expression, Joi giggled. Okay, this was going to be fun. Besides, she got to see Leon again, so for her this whole situation was a win-win. There was no way she was going to be able to stay somewhere this nice again unless she got really good at dancing.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Bleedin' bells, this place is posh!
                                                  OOC:

Things are goin' crazy and I'm not sure who to blame
                                                  Everything is changing and I do not feel the same
                                                  I'm slippin' through the cracks of floors I thought that were strong
                                                  I'm tryin' to find a place where I can feel like I belong

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:53 pm
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ English Beater ∞ Michael Davenport ∞

✖I can't seem to fight these F E E L I N G S
                                                                        I'm caught in the
                                                                        middleof this.
                                                                        And my
                                                                        ฬ ๏ ย ภ ๔ ร are not нεαℓιиģ
                                                                        I just wanna know the truth!
                                                                        W A N T ✖ T O ✖ K N O W the truth...

Chase apparated to the Davenport family home with one thing on her mind. She needed to get out of her house. Ry was driving her crazy with his mooning over those two girls or whatever. And she was a grown a** woman now! She did not need to be living with her big brother, her brother that had a ******** child already, and her drug addict sister. Beyond that, she had come to realization that she needed a fresh start away from her family. She loved the to death, but they were all just now getting a hold of their lives and they were toxic in her own recovery from everything that had happened to all of them.

So here she was at her boyfriend's house to try and convince him that he one, needed to move out of his parents house since he was older than her and still lived with them, and two he should probably definitely maybe live with her because she was terrified of living alone. Bad things happened to her family, bad things happened to her, bad things happened in the world far too often, and she just wasn't super comfortable living alone... even with all her magical prowess and her beater bat. Which honestly she was 75% sure that she could do more damage with the bat than she could with her wand....

When Michael answered the door and asked her to come in she smiled at him, and pecked him on the cheek before entering the home. She had grown up in pretty severe poverty, although in the later years when Ry finally got his beater position on the team her life did a 180 on those terms. So although she still lived in the crappy flat she'd grown up in, the past few years had been lavish compared to her childhood. And now she was making her own money on the English Quidditch Team.... So really the impressiveness of Michael's family house was not as much as it could have been if she had seen it as a child when they lived paycheck to paycheck. It still did impress her though.

She wandered quietly into the living room and sat down on the couch, before glancing at Michael with an apprehensive face.
                                                                        "So um... I've been thinking... well wondering more... maybe i dunno.... Like I know that you're super happy living here with your parents and all, and you're still in med school and stuff... but like I'd um... really like... to you know... ummm... move out... and it'd be really cool if like....maybe.... you'd... umm... move out... umm... with me... if you want I mean.. if not that's cool too.........." She blushed wildly as she word vomited her request. Wow she was really good at this whole acting casual thing. If she wasn't as embarrassed as possible, she would be rolling her eyes at her own idiocies. But she was too embarrassed for that, so instead she quickly turned her eyes to the floor and wrung her hands together nervously.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:55 pm
User Image
                                                    Woke up in London yesterday
                                                    Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                    Don't really know how I got here
                                                    I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ |♝| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ |♝| Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Dᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Michael had been pleasantly surprised to see Chase visit. He'd been deep in studying for some summer courses that he had to take, and he was certain that the terms and conditions he was reading about were going to just tumble around in his head until they no longer made sense. Besides, it wasn't like he was behind. On the contrary, he was actually working on the last bits of schooling he had to do before he went on to graduate. Honestly, he didn't think he'd be here, at this point, especially since for the last three years he'd had to take care of a brother that a little over three years ago didn't exist. He was just glad that he hadn't dropped out of university like he'd been tempted to, especially with all the family drama he'd run across lately. First was Malcolm's existence coming to light, then the discovery of his birth family, and then add to that his brother coming to live with him and Joi's insistence on meeting up as often as she could to get to know her eldest brother, and Michael had been sorely tempted. It was his counsellor at university that had persuaded him to continue, especially when she had noticed a dip in his scores and had gotten the whole story of what was going on from him.

He'd opened the door and grinned at her, inviting her in. Her peck on the cheek had been greeted with a slight blush, but the blond quickly recovered himself before he excused himself to get them both something to drink. Leon was upstairs, reading and working on his own schoolwork, and Michael had left him to it, knowing his younger brother would just get annoyed at having company over. Setting the tea service down, he handed over a cup to Chase before blinking at her words. He hadn't considered moving out of his parents' place quite yet, considering that his father was still doing well and his mother had insisted he finish school before moving out on his own. Then there was Leon to consider, who he knew wouldn't feel comfortable living with the Davenports. It was one thing while he was there, but there was a lot of stilted conversation between his adopted parents and his younger brother. He knew his parents meant well, but Leon wasn't the type that was comfortable around people, especially considering his issues last year.

Settling himself down, he took some cream and sugar and added it to his own cup, leaving them both out for Chase should she wish the same. Stirring thoughtfully for a moment, he considered her words.
                                                    "I... hadn't considered moving out quite yet, actually. I know that perhaps I should, considering that I'm nearly done with university, but..." He bit his lip, letting the word hang for a moment before he set his spoon aside and taking a sip. "I take it you'd been considering it lately. I don't mean to pry, but any particular reason?"

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Moving out? I hadn't considered it actually...
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                    Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                    Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:32 pm

User Image

I'm caught in the
                                                                        middleof this.
                                                                        And my

Chase took the tea when it was offered to her and quietly took a sip. Michael was one of the only people she knew who still drank hot tea in the middle of summer. She loved tea no matter what so she was happy to drink it... tho she did prefer iced tea in summer. Especially after a good day at practice.... Anyways her head was distracted now, and she had to focus back on the situation. She paused at his question for a few moments.

She finally glanced up at him, chewing on her lip. She felt like it would sound weird to him who loved his family so much.... She wasn't sure people with good families ever really understood. But of course she knew he was adopted from a really shitty family, but he had no recollection of them as his own parents... so she wasn't sure if that even counted. It was hard to figure out.
                                                                        "If I continue to live with my family I may commit murder.... and I don't say that lightly. I love them dearly but Dani is a mess, August is less of a mess but still pretty messed up and has a kid now, and Ry as great as he has always been for me, hovers over my life like a fricken military officer. I need to be able to live my own life without all of them influencing my every decision.... and I'm completely terrified of living alone." It was hard to admit out loud... but it was true. She had grown up in a huge family. It had shrunk over the years, but living in a tiny flat meant it always felt cozy (crowded at times), but never lonely. Living alone was absolutely terrifying for many reasons and they all led back to her never having been alone her entire life basically.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 am
User Image
                                                    Woke up in London yesterday
                                                    Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                    Don't really know how I got here
                                                    I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ |♝| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ |♝| Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Dᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Michael listened closely, brows furrowing as he considered the situation with Chase's family. He had never had those issues, and while he could ask Leon about his own family life, he was certain that Leon would be less than enthusiastic about talking about them. Especially since from what he could recall, the kids in their family didn't seem to have an issue with each other, just merely their parents. It made Michael wonder how parents could fail so utterly with their duties as parents. Chase's problems weren't the same, however, and even seemed to suggest that her family issues stemmed from her siblings' choices in their lives. Michael weighed what he was going to say carefully, knowing that he was trying not to be a psychologist right now, but just barely succeeding if his own thought processes were any indication. "I see. Have you tried to talk to Ry about this? I mean, he probably doesn't have an idea about how you feel about all of this if he doesn't hear about it."

He then winced, knowing how he was sounding and shoved the psychology out of his mind for the moment. He was pretty sure that wasn't helpful right now. He instead considered how he'd word his next statement since he was pretty sure that him having no experience with families of that nature was being more of a hindrance than anything. "I don't think I'd mind moving in with you, but right now I'd have to consider my brother. He's got his own issues with parental abandonment and I'd rather not be the person to do that to him again. I could come over often if you think that'd help, however."

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Moving out? I hadn't considered it actually...
                                                    OOC:

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                    Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                    Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:11 pm

User Image

I'm caught in the
                                                                        middleof this.
                                                                        And my

Chase blinked at his first sentence. Sometimes she wanted to wring her hands around his throat, but she was pretty sure that was just her anger issues speaking out against his psychology side. Of course she had talked to Ry and he just told her "move out" Like it was that easy. She wanted to strangle him too sometimes but that was just sibling rivalry. She nodded her head at his question instead of voicing all her obnoxious thoughts. He hadn't meant to sound prattish, she was sure of that. If Michael was anything, it was definitely not prattish.

At his actual answer to her question, she deflated. Of course. She'd all but forgot about Leon. Not really. She knew he was there, and that Michael took care of him. And part of her just wanted to say that Leon could move in too. But that would be crazy right? She wasn't going to randomly sign up to be a part time care taker for a moody 14 year old who seemed to hate the world. That was definitely crazy.... right? But before she could talk herself out of saying it, the words bubbled out like some sort of volcanic eruption.
                                                                        "Well I mean... Leon could always move in with us too...."

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm
𝔄 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔊𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬𝔫 𝔏. 𝓡𝔢𝔦𝔡

As soon as Gid had gotten word from Hogwarts that his initial pick for Captain wouldn't work, he had to figure out which of his teammates best deserved to be captain. It had taken quite a bit of thought, but he'd finally settled on Brandon Davenport, the Beater. He was always at practices on time and was a great asset to the team, so the former Captain decided he'd be a good successor, even without Vice Captain training under his belt. If nothing else, Gid could send helpful letters to the teen if he needed help...

After writing a letter over and over, Gid decided he'd worded it as nicely as possible, then he folded it up and tucked the Captain and Vice-Captain pins in the envelope. Oh boy. He had a new problem, and it was mostly that he didn't want to go all the way to Diagon Alley to borrow an owl from the post office. With a sigh, he decided he'd go the next day to send the letter. Instead, he'd mentioned the issue to Rhys, who gladly offered up a solution that didn't involve going all the way to London on the Knight Bus. So Gid had sent the letter via Rhys' brother's owl, Gandalf instead.

Brandon Davenport

Brandon,

Hey, I know this is super unexpected for you, and trust me it's bad on my end too. I got word from the school that Kim couldn't take Captaincy this year, and I got stuck with the choice of picking a new Captain. After a lot of deliberation and going over the team, I decided you would be the best to handle the team, at least this year. I also added in the Vice-Captain pin, because you get to pick who that is too.

Sorry to spring all this on you, but it was rather sudden.

Thanks in advance,

Gideon Reid

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 pm
User Image
                                                  Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
                                                  Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
                                                  So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
                                                  It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Gʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇᴇᴄᴛ || Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ || Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Brandon had been at the kitchen counter, writing out his notes and going over them knowing that he had NEWTs in less than a year to deal with when he heard Michael call his name from the living room. Blinking, he wondered if somehow his cat had managed to use the bathtub as a litterbox again, but shook his head as he reminded himself that Domino wasn't the type to do that as he'd been successfully taught to use the loo last month. Which left him perplexed until he figured it might have to do with one of his friends owling him over the summer, which didn't really happen that often as his father would keep the owls overnight to make sure they were rested up before returning to their respective homes. That memory of the last time his father had done that made Brandon bite his lower lip and shove the recollection from his mind, reminding himself that his cousin obviously had a reason to call him and involved him being present.

Upon entering the living room, he noticed Michael holding a letter and looking quite perplexed at a rather large great grey owl was sitting atop the couch. Brandon didn't recognize it, and he wondered where it came from before he took the letter proffered.
                                                  "Who's this from? I don't know that owl."

"I haven't the foggiest, to be honest." Brandon looked to the owl again after Michael's declaration and seated himself. The first thing he noticed when he opened the envelope were the two pins, and taking the letter out and scanning it, he stared at them now in confusion.

"This had so be some sort of joke, right? I mean, Gid can't be serious." Brandon stared at the pins for captaincy and vice captaincy of quidditch in confusion, thinking that maybe there had been a mistake. However, it didn't read like one, and the brunette sighed as he glanced back toward the owl who was patiently waiting. Not knowing whose it was beyond apparently Gid's, he decided to pen a response as well as a second letter before sending the owl back out. After of course giving the poor bird a night of rest and some treats, of course.

To Gid:
                                                  Quote:
                                                  What happened to Kim getting the captaincy? Did something happen? I mean, I can take it over, yeah, but now I'm confused.

Brandon

To Eve:
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Hey Eve,

I know we don't really talk much about anything outside of quidditch, but I just was given captaincy of the team. I'm not sure I'm really all that competent of a person to handle it, and I was wondering if you'd help me out with it. I don't know what happened to Kimberly and why she wasn't given the captaincy as I was sure that she had been the vice captain, but hopefully you can help me out by becoming vice captain? That would help out a lot.

Brandon

════════════════════════

Thinking: What just happened?
                                                  OOC:

Frilly

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
                                                  Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
                                                  Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
                                                  For what it's worth it was worth all the while

Miss GryffindorK"[/quote]
                                                  [quote="Cara MiaKitty

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces