{Solo PRP} Conflicting News {Nkosazana x Manyara}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:44 pm
User Image

Nkosazana was on her way back to her den. The night had been full of surprises and some disappointments. The best part had been she'd actually spoken to the king. Well it hadn't been more than a "yes your royal highness," but she'd still spoken! That the king had given her a specific task for him had thrilled her, despite the more sinister nature of that request that Nko tried to brush off.

The down side being the two idiots who'd been assigned with her. The red lioness could only shake her head in despair. At least Jiang would be with her. The pair had gone for a quick hunt after the group had met and discussed their plans for the following evening. Now Jiang had gone off to do who knew what, probably find his favorite perch now that his belly was full.

Seeing her den in sight, Nko put on a burst of speed and called out to her mate as she entered. "Hashsha! I'm some great news!" Only it wasn't her mate who greeted her.

User Image

The young lioness had come to her parent's den in the hopes of some guidance. The situation in the pride was becoming dire. Manyara had hoped to speak with her father or siblings. Her ears perked as she heard pawsteps approaching. Except those paws belonged to her mother. She schooled her face into a more pleasant expression before Nko saw.

"Hello mother. Father isn't here, but I'd be delighted to hear your news." The young female wondered what could have excited her mother so. Only something big for sure. She got a sinking pit in her stomach and a sour taste at the back of her throat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 pm
The lioness almost told her disappointing daughter it was none of her business. If she liked the low folk so much she could stay there! Instead she bit back the words that wanted to tumble from her lips. Maybe she could convince Manyara that her way was right. The two had never seen eye to eye since Manyara and her litter mates had been born.

"Good evening Manyara. Your out oftly late." Not the best start, she thought to herself. Hurried she carried on. "Anyhow, that's alright. You should hear this too. The king has chosen a specific task for me! He even spoke to us directly. And a few others are under my command." She pulled herself up proudly. There wasn't anything that could give her more pleasure than brushing shoulders with royalty.

She flinched at the implied threat, and felt her hackles starting to rise. Her mother was not the most tactful! Manyara took a deep calming breath as her mother rushed on with her news. She blinked as Nko revealed she'd spoken directly with the king. That was something indeed! What could the king possible want with the likes of her mother who was a guard or the rogue guard when times called for it?

"Did he? That is unexpected." Oops, maybe she needed to learn tact herself. Manyara fixed a smile on her face and tried to smooth it over. "I'm sure you were delighted with the summons. What was your assigned task? I can't imagine you needing any help." The younger lioness tried to compliment her mother.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:47 pm
Nko eyed her daughter with disfavor. Maybe she wouldn't tell her cub the rest of it if this was how she was going to act. "Is it?" She let her lip curl just the slightest bit. "Since you are never around, how could you possibly know what is or isn't unexpected?" She gave a sniff to show her daughter she clearly saw the flattery for what it was.

"Of course I was. The king wants his uncle leading the rebels outside the pride dealt with. It'll be good to have them take the brunt of any counter attacks so I can deal with Meshach myself." She could then of course report to the king what she had done for him. It all worked so well in her plans.

Manyara gulped. "I'm sorry mother. I only meant that the king has been super cautious of late and hardly seen by anyone." While she didn't deal directly with royalty usually the low class had their methods of spreading information about. She heard plenty from among her friends.

The young lioness was horrified to learn her mother was being sent to kill someone. How could she think this was ok?! "M-mother? You're not really going to go through with this are you? It-it doesn't seem right." Her eyes pleaded for her mother to deny what she feared.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:00 pm
She tilted her head as her cub did make a valuable point. The king rarely did allow himself to be seen by anyone but those he trusted most. Nkosazana smiled, "that shows you that he trusts me doesn't it?" It was great to have the favor of the king. She ignored the fact that the other groups had also seen the king to receive their missions.

Nko flicked her ears up as her daughter asked her to deny the mission. "Not right to follow the orders of king?" She asked deadly quiet. "Be careful what you say daughter mine. I would hate to see the wrath of the king fall on this family." She narrowed her eyes to show her displeasure that Manyara thought she wouldn't obey her king.

Manyara knew then without a doubt that her mother only cared for the prestige of the high class born. Something she nor her siblings could ever live up to. Anything that caused a choice between them would always win in her mother's eyes. It was time she stood up for herself.

"Not even a king is always right Mother." Manyara lifted her head and eyes. There was challenge of her own there. She wanted her mother to come out of this darkness and to see the light finally. "It's ok to stand up for what you believe is right."

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 pm
Nkosazana sputtered in outrage at her daughter's blasphemy. To have birthed such a cub, was a disgrace! Why did this have to happen to her? What had she done to displease the Great Lion so? She raised herself up to her full height, eyes flashing angrily. "No cub of mine will speak to me thus! Out! OUT! Until you learn better manors to be seen in decent company!"

She wondered if the taint affected the whole litter or just this one. If she had to disown Manyara to make her point then she would! Stand up for what was right indeed! The king was the voice of the Great Lion, thus he couldn't be wrong. She waited until she saw the last of the tail that so closely resembled her own. Nko turned to pace restlessly around her den.

She often thought her mother's view on the world was a bit skewed. Now she knew for sure. They would likely never see eye to eye. Manyara bowed her head as her mother ordered her out of the den. No longer would she be welcomed here and so she decided she wouldn't come back unless asked. Which wasn't likely to happen truth be told. It wasn't like she had to be here to see the rest of her siblings. She could easily find them out and about in the pride.

"Yes mother." She took one last look at her outraged parent then turned and left. Her eyes sought out the eye of the Great Lion in the sky as she walked the familiar path home. Probably only his intervention would heal with wound within their family. Manyara sent a silent wordless please and hoped it didn't fall upon deaf ears.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games