Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
PRP-Border] The Time is Coming (Batu x Meshach)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 am
User Image

Batu had slipped away after the hunter's strike easily. There was still a lot of activity happening, so no one noticed the black and white walking through the shadows heading for the border. He wasn't 100% sure where it was he would find Meshach but he knew the purple lion would likely be close to the borders tonight with all that was happening.

He moved towards a spot he had met Meshach before, fairly confident that the purple lion would check the meeting spot eventually. He settled into a seated position hidden by trees. He would wait days if he had to but he hoped it wouldn't take that long.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:34 pm
nessiaing

User Image

There was something in the air. Meshach was sure he could feel it. He kept feeling drawn to the pride this night, as though something large was going down. Oh how he wished he could enter the pride freely and find out. Unfortunately his pelt was too darn noticeable. He had to content himself with lurking on the outside and hoping he'd hear something useful as much as it didn't comfort him.

However there were those on four paws that brought the water to his thirst. Meshach had been prowling around the pride more than usual. Normally he picked a spot and stayed there throughout the night. He checked all the usual meeting, then circled around to check them again. Chance was with him as he finally spotted the familiar black and white lion he'd met in the roguelands. Cautiously he approached until he was sure Batu was alone.

"What's going on in there?" Meshach popped up and asked urgently.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 am
Batu popped up to a standing position when he saw Meshach approach. He bowed his head in greeting to the purple lion. "The rebellion has started." Batu stated simply. It wasn't an easy thing for him to say he wasn't sure if he should be excited, anxious or full of dread.

"One of Shangyue's illegitimate children Umepatwa arranged a hunter's strike. There was little to no hunters out working tonight. It was done as an act defiance against Shangyue." Batu explained quickly.

"You should have seen the crowd there were many there and not just hunter's I saw a few guards as well. It's the first step Meshach, there is no going back now." Batu's head was still swimming from the meeting.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm
nessiaing

"Batu!" He called softly yet joyfully. The black and white lion had helped keep his sanity as he tried to find out what was going on in the pride by bringing out information that Meshach might otherwise not have known. His ears perked at the first words from Batu. Finally. His knees felt weak that it was finally starting and yet sad that it'd taken the pride so long to realize the wrongness.

Meshach settled himself to listen intently to the news. An illegitimate child started it? He blinked in surprised. "What was the reason?" he asked, curious as to what might have caused one of Shangyue's children to stand up to him. He smiled as he was told mainly hunters but a few guards too were involved. "I hope retaliation isn't brought down upon them." However, it would open his nephew's eyes in other ways. Meshach knew he'd have to more careful, but it was only a matter of time since Shangyue had already stolen the twin from him.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:13 am
Batu smiled at his old friend. He enjoyed spending time with Meshach even though the visits were always short and sporadic. "I believe that his son was just tired of the way his father rules. Many in the middle class and low class sided with him. I even saw a few lord and ladies there." Batu reported.

"I fear that retaliation will come. I just hope that Shangyue doesn't learn of everyone who was there. I saw his daughter the apprentice, she stayed mostly to the fringe I am sure most did not notice her. But our friend Ota was there along with the apprentices mother. I do not think the false King can ignore this." Batu said with a sad shake of his head.

"I also don't think he will tolerate you on the borders of the pride. I would not be surprised if he were to send soldiers out to kill you. You need to be prepared." he said a said tone to his voice. "What will you do?"

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 pm
nessiaing
I think you mean shangyue in that middle paragraph lol.

Meshach closed his eyes to take in the full impact of Shangyue's own son turning against him. Oh the ironies! He opened his eyes and nodded when he heard many middle and low class lions were there. That much he would expect. To hear a few lords and ladies merely raised an eyebrow. There were dissenters in any group. It was good to know they had the courage to show it.

With the pride now showing it's will, it was only natural that Shangyue's wrath would be felt next. He would try to cow them back down. "It is only to be expected given his rule." Which meant it would filter down through the pride all the way to the bottom. Which meant him. He'd been a tiny, but persistent, thorn in his nephew's side all this time. "How badly he reacts is still up for debate. You think he'll go all out or focus close to home?"

He sighed. He wasn't surprised. In fact, he was surprised he'd been here as long as he had. Maybe he hadn't been enough of a pain. But what else could he have done other than walking bald faced into the pride and demand a battle? A battle his nephew would surely rig in his favor. "Aye we've been taking precautions, but I'll see to it that we're extra careful. Thank you friend for the timely warning."

Meshach considered the question. "I will do has I have been. Trying to get the rest of the pride to see what a terrible king he is and remove him from the throne." He still had his goal and it wasn't finished yet.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:14 pm
The black and white lion listened to what his friend had to say. He knew that Meshach had a good head on his shoulder and knew what he was talking about when it came to his nephew.

"Soon it there wont be the option of passive dissent, you will have to act. Are you prepared for that?" Batu knew that Meshach was against his nephew but he wondered if it came down to it would he be able to kill his nephew for the greater good of the pride.

"And your family, what of them. Should they go into hiding?" Batu didn't know how much family Meshach had out her with him, but on occasion he had seen lions that clearly were Meshach's children. As a father himself Batu knew that he would never want his children fighting in a war, and would do all he could to protect them. It was a tough spot to be in.

magnadearel
Yup I totally did ooops.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:41 pm
nessiaing
Sorry for the wait! I know this is a bit behind now. XD

He mulled over the advice of the black and white lion. As much as he hated to admit it, he had been fairly passive. Surely he could have done something more. But that was behind him now. It was time to face forward. "Aye." In truth he'd been prepared the moment he'd stood up at the coronation ceremony and denounced his nephew in front of the whole pride. He'd fought Shangyue's supporters then, but there weren't enough willing to take the risk to beat them.

"As much as I might like them do, they'd refuse." Meshach gave an ironic glance at the other male. "Females and cubs never listen. Remember that when you get your own some day." The best he could do was train and prepare them. And pray daily to the Great Lion that no harm came to them. "You should probably head back Batu. Thank you again for the warning."

magnadearel

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff