Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] Great Kings of the Past (Halisi, Chionesu, Primitus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

It was a cloudless night that Halisi found herself out in the great grasslands of the Pridelands with her young nephew, Chionesu. The birth of her sister's cubs had really driven home just how much the blue lioness loved the little bundles of fur, whether she was related to them or not. She enjoyed nothing more than teaching young cubs the ways of the pride, simple and basic survival skills, and of course watching them discover the world for themselves. Chionesu wasn't like most cubs she had come across in her time as a nanny. He was curious, yes, but in such a calm and collected way that she wondered if he wasn't some long-passed lion returned to the circle of life.

The little cub padded alongside his aunt, occasionally looking up at the starry sky. It was a beautiful sight to behold and finally he stopped, sitting down to let his head tilt back fully, taking in as much as he could.

"Halisi?" he asked, his voice quiet and calm. "What are those things?"

The lioness paused in her walking as she glanced up at the sky as well and smiled down at the dark cub. "Those are stars. It is said that each star is a great king from the past. They watch over us and guide us in our most trying of times."

"How did they get up there?" Chion asked, glancing at Halisi with a curious gaze on his face.

"Ah...that I'm not sure of," she said with a weak laugh. "A question for someone else, I think. Maybe they grew wings and flew up there."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:23 pm
SilverLutz

Primitus was cautious of where he went sometimes. He was wary of antagonizing other prides, drawing ire to himself and his friends and the family he toiled to build, and the god waled along on his own, letting Atefeh rest as he thought, mind floating as he padded through the area silently.

It was peaceful and quiet, and he knew elsewhere, the Aegnor'hini must be stirring, and he hummed softly as he padded for nowhere in particular - until he spied a lioness and cub, sihlouetted in the distance, and the god froze, star-wings flicking anxiously as he froze, blinking and observing. Mothers could be territorial, and he did not really relish a fight; not now.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm
"Oh," Chion said softly. Wings, yes, like birds. That made sense, he supposed. He glanced away from the sky only to find a massive lion with starry wings not far from where they sat.

"Like that lion?" he asked, his voice still quiet and seemingly not surprised.

"Hm?"

Halisi turned, following her nephew's gaze, and felt her eyes widen in surprise at the sight that met them. She had never seen a god before and honestly she didn't think about them much, although she knew they existed. There were enough stories about gods siring litters here and their massive offspring to prove that. She stood up, her elbows and knees shaking slightly as she got between Chionesu and the massive male.

"Who are you?" she asked, proud that her voice didn't shake like her limbs were. She wasn't a fighter by any means but she would do as best as she could to protect the tiny cub if he meant them harm.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:12 pm
SilverLutz

Primitus was startled immediately, jumping and blinking before bnowing his head politely. He hadn't meant to intrude, nore impose, and he offered an apologetic smle as he moved forward sheepishly, still highly apologetic.

"I do apologize," Primitus said gently. "I did not mean to surprise you. I was merely roaming. I am Primitus, and you?"

And was that a cub? Primitus smiled at the small male gently, expression warm. His cubs were, once more, grown, but he did love them all.... His own, and those of others.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:00 pm
Even though the lion was huge and had wings of all things, Halisi finally started to understand that he wasn't there to harm them. Her heart was still beating quickly though, and it took her a few moments to realize he had asked her a question.

"Halisi," she said, her voice a bit weak from the adrenaline still pumping through her system. She noticed the god smiling at Chion - in a non-threatening way of course - and she let out a slow breath as she stepped aside again. "And Chionesu."

The cub looked up at the god as his aunt stepped aside. He flicked his tiny tail back and forth as he studied him, taking in the strange appendages on his back. He moved forward a little to get closer to Prim, but a paw from Halisi stopped him from getting too close.

Turning his bright blue eyes from Prim's wings, he stared up at the god and asked in a genuinely curious voice, "Do you have kings on your wings?"

The question made Halisi almost laugh. Gods...of all the things for the cub to have said.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:46 am
SilverLutz

Primitus smiled, beaming and shaking his head.

"Oh, no, no I'm afraid not." The god chuckled, but drew a wing forwards to be felt, touched, and seen better invitingly. "These merely reflect a night sky, I'm afraid."

The god smiled at Halisi as well, nodding that it was fine if they wished to draw close.

"But I've met leaders, if you're curious. And know of many."

If he tried, he could list them - tapping his power, but at the moment he wasn't pushing it.

"What brings the both of you out tonight?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 am
The small cub glanced up at Halisi as Primitus offered his wing for closer inspection and, when she nodded, he moved forward to get a better look. He pawed at the large feathers to inspect the markings. Although they looked as if they were glowing, they certainly didn't twinkle like the stars above them in the sky. Still, it was interesting to look at. He'd never seen a lion with wings before, not that he'd been alive for very long.

"Oh...my nephew is a curious cub," Halisi said at the question, still just a little bit nervous. This god was huge, she'd never been in the presence of someone like him before, but it was no longer nerves due to fear of him hurting them. It was just her general timidness coming in to play. "He wears his mother out so much with his questions and wanting to explore that I help her out when she's got her paws full with the rest of the litter. We were just walking around and exploring in the dark."

Chion moved forward a bit, stepping closer to the god as he gazed up at him. "I would like to be a leader," he said. "Not a king, though. I'm not sure I'd like to be in the sky." The little cub already had high hopes of becoming someone his siblings and others could look up to as a source of strength and inspiration.

Halisi was glad Prim didn't seem to mind the brave cub. She knew there were those that detested youth and would do anything to harm them, which was why she had become a nanny, to protect those that couldn't protect themselves. She watched the god curiously, her head slightly tilted. "What brings you to the Pridelands?"

NovaCracker

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff