Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 pm
User Image

The King was slowly losing control over his pride and he knew it, and his Queen knew it.. and while the Shangyue started barking orders to find a way to make up the losses, Parisa tried to be a voice of reason but even she was starting to lose her grip on what to do. She'd never show it, though. She was a queen and she would do everything she could to stay there. It didn't matter what the upstarts did or how Shangyue had become King, he had a rightful claim.

She just wished the violent fool would stop and think before trying to murder every dissenter. They had Royal Guards patrolling nearby to keep them safe and Slaves to help keep them fed.. and it was all that allowed her to relax even a little bit. She was adept at hiding it but Parisa was scared.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:14 pm
XIYANG

Anybody who made it more difficult than necessary for Xiyang to get home and to her mother was getting snarled at. The Princess would like to draw blood on some of the more stubborn Royal Guards, but Daddy would probably not like that. Hmph. But she finally finished the gauntlet of People Who Do Not Matter and gained her parents' den where her mother was, thankfully, in residence.

"Mooooooom," the adolescent whined, letting her voice echo off the walls and preceeding her into the den, "Yun-Yun is being so duuuuuuuuumb."

She didn't always whine to her mom. But she only whined to her mom. Her dad didn't want to hear it and the boys were too stupid. And it helped to express how annoyed she was with them all.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 pm
The arrival of Princess Xiyang was impossible not to notice as she snarled and snapped at anybody who so much as looked at her like they might slow her down. It was enough to draw Parisa's attention well before Xiyang's whining reached her, and she was relieved to hear what the problem was when it did.

A more serious problem would be presented more seriously, even from the approach, she reminded herself. Xiyang could be dramatic but she was smart. Much smarter than she seemed, which was a well-calculated choice around here lately.

"Oh, my darling," she said with a sigh, "What has your brother done now?"

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:27 pm
The younger lioness flopped dramatically in front of her mother, sighing loudly before answering the question. The flop was not simply for dramatics as dealing with her idiot siblings did take a lot of energy and thought. The floor was cool and comfortable.

"He's doing slave work," Xiyang spat the word in disgust. "And he was awfully evasive about why. But he was planting flowers." She left out the part about a Guard coming by and stopping him - it wasn't that important. Did Yun-Yun honestly have no pride in his class and rank?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:45 pm
Parisa blinked and tilted her head curiously at the revelation about Yueyun and his apparent hobby. She had been expecting a more direct confrontation between the two of them. Still..

"That is a strange hobby to have," she agreed, "But if he's trying his paw at gardening, I see no harm."

Slave work indeed.. her eyes narrowed at the thought that perhaps he had his eyes on a slave girl that he might be trying to impress. Her father and sister were Royal Guards, and there was honor in that.. but Yueyun was a prince. Parisa could imagine no low class girl worth abandoning his family and his duty to the pride, especially at a time like this.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:49 pm
"They were moon flowers," Xiyang added after a moment's consideration of her mother's words. Gardening, huh? She supposed it made some sense. The Princess could certainly appreciate a nice arrangement of flowers. But she'd have someone else do the actual work of planting them, while she directed the slaves.

"As dumb as he is, Yun-Yun's never done anything like that before," she mused aloud, half forgetting her mother was still there.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:54 pm
"Moon flowers?"

That was especially bizarre, it was not a flower that she imagined held must hope or significance to the slaves as many had been condemned by them.. and few bothered with them at all as they were so vital to the pride and the Shaman's work. And he was being evasive about it..

"I don't know that anybody except the Shaman has done something like that before," she said thoughtfully, "And even then, I don't know that they would dare disturb the flowers.."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 pm
"Yeah. I feel like I've seen more of them around the pride lately. I guess the weather's been good to them," the black lioness replied lazily, watching her mother from slitted eyes. Or maybe they were being deliberately planted. But why? What purpose could it serve? No outsiders had been brought forward lately as potential new pridemembers, so it wasn't as though there was a great need of the flowers.

And it was true, only the Shaman and her apprentices knew all that was needful about the flowers. Did that mean one of those lionesses was somehow involved in...whatever Yun-Yun was up to?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 pm
There was a long silence after Xiyang commented on the growing presence of the moon flowers around the pride. Parisa looked to her left and then to her right, spotting a pair of the cursed flowers sprouting at the mouth of the den and narrowing her eyes. Xiyang was right. The flowers had been in more isolated areas, numerous enough to keep the pride comfortable but not nearly so wide spread.

Something was going on and Yueyun knew what it was.. and if the Queen didn't know what it was, it was not in favour of the King. Shangyue was not a subtle lion, and they shared everything. Her insides fought between rage and confusion.

"Thank you for telling me, dear Xiyang," she said, getting up to her feet and heading over to the flowers by the den, ripping them out of the dirt, "I'll deal with this."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:19 pm
"You're welcome, Mom," the adolescent replied. "He wouldn't listen to me," she told the older lioness. The Princess was quiet now, having expended her need for drama - for the moment - and conveyed what had been bothering her. And her mother had been able to see to the heart of the matter and would now be looking over Yun-Yun's shoulder.

Xiyang considered adding her further observations about the moon flowers, but that would be offensive to her mother who, after all, was the female who'd taught her how to observe. No doubt the Queen had already conceived what was now in her daughter's thoughts.

Which meant that now was an excellent time for a nap.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces