Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm
User Image

In the chaos that ensued after the death of the King, the only thing on Liuhe's mind was talking to the shaman- and it didn't take long for someone to find her and, no doubt, bring her up to speed on what happened. The prince was glad he would not have to explain what happened, not without the information already being known. He expected she might like to hear his side of the story directly, but there were other things.. more important things.

He was still covered in blood but he was no longer shaking when he approached Lailah. He was sure, on his way, he'd heard his mother calling for him but he ignored it. If she had truly switched sides, he had a guess of what she wanted to say and he didn't need to hear it.

"Lailah.."

Liuhe had no idea where to start.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:09 pm
User Image

Lailah had considered attending the challenge, but decided, in the end, that it was best to stay away. Perhaps if Meshach had intended to claim the throne upon victory...but he hadn't, so she'd stayed away. A small voice whispered to the white lioness that this was the coward's way out, but she quashed it with the weight of duty.

Of course she'd been informed of the unexpected outcome. And then the mess that had followed in the royal dens. So it was with some relief that she saw Liuhe approaching.

"Good evening, Your Majesty," she offered the younger lion. He looked nervous. Well, so was she. That was a good start.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:16 pm
Liuhe visibly cringed at being addressed so formally. It made the whole situation more terrifying. He'd changed sides, done the right thing, there was still a chance that he could be taken seriously as heir to the throne and take his father's place.. but that was most decidedly not what he wanted and, more importantly, not what the pride needed. Unfortunately for them, he didn't immediately know what the pride needed.

"Thank you for coming to talk to me," he said, frowning, "I.. I know things are complicated right now, I didn't want to make it worse by waiting."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:21 pm
The Shaman watched the young adult as he cringed away from her address. Well, that was somewhat encouraging. The last thing they needed was another cocky King who thought he knew everything and was willing to do whatever it took.

"You're right about that," Lailah agreed. "The pride will be in chaos if we don't sort things out quickly. Your father was very quick about taking up his power, back in the day." The last was thrown out there to see how the brown lion would react.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm
Her words gave him pause and he stared for a beat before opening his mouth to answer-- but nothing immediately came out. Liuhe had been thinking about this for a long time, most seriously since deciding to switch sides but it ultimately went back much farther than that, to an innocent conversation in more innocent times. His father was quick to seize power after he killed his parents, was he right to so quickly refuse it after killing his father?

"I know I am next in line for the throne, I know the rebels don't have a clear plan and I could take advantage of that, the side I have taken and what I have done to claim the title I am supposed to inherit," he said, rambling out the long version for his own benefit as much as hers, "I don't want to be king, Lailah. I don't think I am right for that job. Shangyue had to be killed to be stopped, I know that, but for my part in that.. I don't want to continue this pattern."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 pm
The white lioness leaned back, eyes wide. He was refusing the throne? Clearly Liuhe was not at all like his father - no bad thing. There was an old saying about those who least wanted power being the best ones to hold it...but she couldn't force a lion to be King. The Shaman knew her history, after all.

Unyezi had stepped down as soon as possible in order to be with his beloved Nerit, leaving Alcmene as Queen. Alcmene's reign had been tragically short for multiple reasons, not just because she was murdered, and was a clear lesson on reluctant monarchs.

"Well, I suppose if that's how you feel, you don't have to take the throne," she said at last. "But you do leave us a bit of a problem. There is now no clear ruler at this point." Lailah stopped there, curious to see what the boy would say.

Unfortunately, her mind was starting to race, and to panic. If there was no monarch yet, the weight of the pride would fall on her shoulders - and remain there, until she could ordain a new ruler.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:46 pm
Liuhe bit back a sigh. Lailah understood, at least in part, and she wasn't going to pressure him to be king. He was very grateful for that. Despite appearances, he understood the gravity of the decision he was making and he truly felt that it was better that way.

"I'm not right for the job but I know it's my responsibility," he said, "After me should be Liuxing, and if not her, Yueyun.. but I don't think it would be right for any of us. The rebels don't know what they want, and I don't know the best answer. You're the shaman, I think you should decide. If I have any power right now, let me give us a clean slate."

For his inability to stop rambling halfway through the logic behind his decisions, he still got to where he wanted to be.

"Until you can decide, I'll do whatever you need to help," he said, "I will remain a prince until you can find us a king."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:52 pm
None of this was the answer Lailah wanted to hear, but that was the joy of having power. There was no one who could make the tough calls for her, and they were all going to be tough calls until she could put half of the burden back on a monarch's shoulders.

"I appreciate your insights into your siblings," she replied. "And I'll certainly accept what aid you can give." None of that would make clear who should take the throne next, but it would help provide some semblance of stability.

Hopefully the pride would be willing to give her the time necessary to find the best possible ruler, and not rush her into a hasty and poorly-made decision.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:59 pm
There was no answer to this problem that would not cause some loud, potentially angry discourse from the pride. Some may know that Yueyun had switched sides and few may know that Liuhe had by the end.. but everybody would have an idea of who ought to be king now. Liuhe could step in with the least trouble but that didn't make it right or best.

"Thank you," he said, "For what it's worth, my mother is probably going to be my only loud supporter and I can handle her."

Well, he could try.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:07 pm
Frankly, Lailah was not at all certain Parisa would be helpful in any way. The Queen had been raised by Firaga, after all, and had certainly supported Shangyue, up until the end, or so it seemed. She wasn't one of Tyfu's ilk, no, but the Shaman did not trust the younger lioness.

"We'll have to see what happens on that front," was all she ended up telling Liuhe. "Thank you for coming to see me. I can tell you that I've got a lot to consider now." And those light-sounding words didn't even begin to cover it. If she ignored Parisa's children, that still left Kamia's. Or she could look at lateral lines...

Ugh, it might be time to go speak to Unyezi and find out who was related how.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:22 pm
Liuhe smiled at the shaman and very nearly said thank you again. He'd have to stop that. He was bowing out of a huge responsibility to his pride but it was one he knew he was unsuited for. He had been wondering if he might try hunting but.. after tonight, he wasn't sure about that either. He guessed he and Yueyun would need time.

"I'll see if I can find Alkina and Antara to let them know what's going on," he said, hoping that was a good place to start in helping the shaman, "I'm sure Antara is close by and I know where to find Hivyo, he'll find Alkina."

He gave a respectful nod and took his leave without another word. For all Lailah had done to stay out of the commotion during the entirety of the civil war, it remained to be seen if that helped or hindered the decision she was now forced to make. Liuhe would think on it and hopefully come up with some suggestions beyond not himself.. he hoped she had others to turn to, and Antara and Alkina were a good start.

Fin!  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff