Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Devereux Estate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 pm
Devereux Estate

User Image

Located in Sussex, England

This is the estate is home to Adrien and Poppy Devereux and their two children Richard and Aurora Devereux.

First Floor

User Image//User Image//User Image

- - - - - - - - Living Room - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sitting Room - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Adrien's Office - - - -

- - - - - - - - Kitchen - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dining Room - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bathroom

Second Floor

Master Bedroom - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Richard's Bedroom - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Aurora's Bedroom

Quentin's Bedroom

User Image//User Image

- - - - - - - Master Bathroom - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Richard & Aurora's Bathroom - - -

There are also several guest bedrooms on the second floor.

Ways To Get In Touch

✗ Muggle Phone Lines
                                ✓ Owl Messaging
                                ✓ Floo Network
                                ✓ Apparition

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:58 pm
Family Locations:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image tab User Image tab User Image

Adrien Devereux (NPC): Home / Work
Poppy Devereux (NPC): Home
Richard Devereux: Home
Aurora Devereux: Home / Hogwarts
Quentin Devereux: Home? / Hogwarts

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:59 pm
Family Facts:

Relations: The Devereux Family & The Connelly Family

History:

The Devereux family is a pureblood family known for being sorted into Slytherin at Hogwarts. Typical blood purists they don't take kindly to those of inferior blood.
Those who live in this house however aren't as bad as the rest of them.

After multiple dates some pure some not, Adrien graduated and married Poppy a pureblood Slytherin his family would approve of.
They eventually had a son; Richard. Seven years later they had a daughter; Aurora

Richard was named conditional heir being the oldest of the grandchildren. However upon being sorted into Gryffindor he was stripped of the title.
His cousin Julius being named the new heir to the family.

Aurora was sorted into Hufflepuff while Quentin was sorted into Ravenclaw.
Upon the sorting the family had a meeting. Evidently resorting in Quinn being disowned. With Poppy standing up for him the rest of the family got disowned along with him.

Pet(s):

- Cinnamon the Great Horned Owl ---> Owned by Richard
- Maggie the Pygmy Puff ---> Owned by Aurora
- Blue the Goldfish ---> Owned by Quentin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Gryffindor Alumni
Black Sheep of the Family

Richard knew that the family was having a meeting, one he wasn’t invited to. No surprise given he was the family failure, but he didn’t care for family politics anyways. It wasn’t until his parents came home and he saw his mother bawling that he found out anything was up. Of course, at the time he just figured she was having one of her meltdowns. He was irritated, and his reaction was a rather displeasing response. “Would you stop with the waterworks. Honestly what is your problem?” He snapped causing her to cry even harder. “Richard Devereux, don’t speak to your mother like that.” Adrien said as he walked into the room. “You have no idea what’s going on. I would expect you to have some compassion.”

The red haired boy looked at his father and then to his mother. “I’m sorry, but have you not noticed how often she cries?” With that Poppy headed straight out of the room not wanting to be apart of what came next. “Your cousin Quentin is being disowned. As are we.” Adrien answered simply. “What?” Richard said genuinely caught off guard. He knew meetings could be tough, but he didn’t think they’d come out of it with that kind of news. “Your mother had a brother in the exact same spot Quentin is in. When she wouldn’t let him go, her father became abusive towards her. That’s why she does what she does. And, that’s why she’s taking all this harder then most.” He continued not giving his son a chance to interrupt him. “Wait, hold on a second. How… Why… did this happen?” Richard asked at that point. There was so much information, he could barely follow it all. “His sorting didn’t sit well with the others. Your mother and I weren’t going to leave him with no where else to go.” He explained. “But, it’s not even like he was sorted into Gryffindor… or Hufflepuff.” He might have understood it then. “I know. We tried to convince them, but they weren’t having it.”

“So, everything you guys did my first year was for nothing.” Richard commented the realization hitting him. “Richard, it wasn’t for nothing. It would have happened either way.” The Gryffindor alum understood that there wasn’t much that could have been done. “Does he know?” Richard asked. “No, he’ll find out at the train station when I pick your sister and him up.” He answered. The thought clearly bothering his father. “I’ll do it.” Adrien looked at his son is surprise. “It’s not necessary for you to go.” He told him. Richard shock his head. “No, it should be me…”

With that Richard headed off to go find his mother. He hadn’t realized she had a past. He just figured she was always that way. He figured that if anyone could explain what happened it was Poppy herself. Better then asking his father a million questions. It wasn’t until he came upon one of the spare rooms that he found her. She was sitting on the bed crying over what looked like an article of clothing. “Hey mum, I’m sorry... I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.” He told her as he walked in. Richard soon found himself sitting on the bed next to his mother. “Dad told me about your brother… and your father…” He hadn’t been sure to mention his grandfather. The guy sounded like the worst person imaginable.

“Were you two close?” Richard asked his mother. It took her a moment to find her words through her tears. “We were… I couldn’t say that now though…” She told him. “Was he a Ravenclaw too?” He asked. “Yes, he was… and your grandfather didn’t take it well.” She answered him. “Yeah, dad was telling me he wasn’t the nicest to you.” Richard couldn’t imagine living in that kind of situation. “No, he wasn’t the kindest in that respect. If it wasn’t for your father I’d still be around him. We helped each other out in a lot of ways.” Poppy shared with her son. “Guess that’s why you act the way you do?” He questioned. “It has a lot to do with it yes. It became my defence against the abuse I couldn’t get away from. One can only take so much Richie.” Richard could understand that, and he was beginning to realize it wasn’t helping matters any.

Status : Annoyed, Shocked, Angry, and Realizing
                                                  Company : Parents

OOC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am
User ImageUser Image
Aurora Violet Devereux
Second Year Hufflepuff
Little Dancer

Location : Kings Cross – Platform 9¾ → Devereux Estate (Summer 2041)

Standing next to her cousins on the platform, Aurora had no idea what was going on. She was confused very confused. How could Quinn be disowned? She so didn’t understand, and it only made her more upset about the whole situation. Her cousins gave her no answers. Caleb was just a big jerk and Julius didn’t say a word to her. It was like she didn’t exist in the eldest boy’s eyes. Why? Sure, Aurora understood what disownment meant and that her cousins never really liked her but… why…? These questions remained unanswered.

Quinn had been crying ever since the platform and it bothered Aurora. She found herself fighting back sad tears too. Even if she wasn’t crying for the same reason. Richie had said it was best to wait until she got home. So, the moment she got into the house she raced down the hall to her father’s study. She wanted… no she needed answers. “What’s going on daddy? Why’s Quinn sad? Why is he disowned? Are we all disowned? What’s going to happen to us?” Questions one after the other came flying out with very little control. “Slow down Aurora one question at a time Princess.” He told her.

Sitting on her father’s lap Aurora looked to her him for the situation to be explained. “What’s happening?” She asked simply. “Your cousin will be staying with us.” Adrien told his daughter. “For how long? Is it forever?” She asked curiously. “Yes sweetie, he’ll be staying with us from now on.” Aurora pondered for a moment. “That doesn’t sound bad… why is he so sad?” She asked, she still didn’t like that part. “How would you feel if you were told you couldn’t stay here anymore? Wouldn’t you be sad too?” Adrien asked his daughter figuring it was the best way to explain. Aurora nodded slowly. That made sense.

“It’s not just Quinn is it?” The young puff questioned solemnly. “No, it’s not just Quinn.” He answered. “Us too…” She replied. “Us too…” He repeated. It was a sad fact but at least they had each other. “I’m going to help make Quinn feel better.” Aurora decided then and there. It wasn’t something she was going to give up on either.

Status : Confused, Worried & Sad
                                                        Company : Daddy

Ah, my dear,
                                                        Your desire to belong is simple enough
                                                        You'll find just what you're looking for in
                                                        Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
Quentin "Quinn" Devereux
Second Year Ravenclaw
Disowned but Found

Location : Devereux Estate (Summer 2041)

Quentin cried pretty much the whole time. Even as they headed up the walk way the few tears left in him fell. It was like he couldn’t shut it off. His eyes and head hurt by that point and he just wanted to curl up in a ball. Entering his cousins’ home, Quinn looked around. The entrance was nice much like he remembered it. He watched as Aurora headed off in search for someone who would give her answers. The Ravenclaw guessed her father. Uncle Adrien was a good at explaining things.

“We have a room up stairs for you.” Richard told Quentin just before Poppy rounded the corner. “Oh sweetie.” She came over giving him a big hug without any other words. The twelve year old was aware of why he was being hugged. “Hi aunt Poppy…” He greeted quietly. “Come with me I’ll show you your new room.” She told him before heading up the stairs. Quentin followed his aunt up stairs with Richard following behind with his things. At least what was left of his things.

Entering the bedroom, Quentin could tell that it was a guest room that had been painted a hundred shades of white. “We wanted to give you something.” Richard told him as he entered the room. Putting the young boy’s things next to his bed. “You didn’t have too…” Quinn replied. “We know sweetie.” Poppy answered trying not to cry although Richard knew it wasn’t going so well. “We thought the room could use your creative touch.” He told Quinn as his mom pulled out an art set. “You can do whatever you like.” She told him.

The boy looked at the art supplies. Taking them, he placed them on the bed as he sat down next to them. “Thank you…” He told them both. It was hard to be happy about being allowed to paint the walls. His parents would freak out if he ever painted the walls at home. The artist in him would have been thrilled if not for the heartbreak he was enduring. “Things will get better.” Poppy told him.

Why did everyone keep saying that?

Quentin didn’t believe it. At least not just yet.

Company : Richard, Poppy

Abnormal? Try unique, my boy
                                                  It'll suit you much better, I promise
                                                  And to that end, I think you'll do quite well in
                                                  Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
Monique "Mona" Devereux
Third Year Gryffindor
Youngest and Only Daughter

Location : Devereux Estate (Summer 2046)

Monique wasn’t expecting to take her brother up on his offer. For starters it was against every rule her parents had made when Quinn had been kicked to the curb. He and her cousins were disowned, cut from their lives. At no point was she supposed to talk to them. So, stepping through their mantle screamed rebel in the making. Which made her eldest brother Julius saying he’d cover for her even stranger. He practically gave her the go ahead to jump into the fireplace.

Pushing the thought aside Monique looked around. She’d only set foot on the estate maybe once in her life. It was much warmer than her own home. “Hello anyone here?” She questioned allowed. “Mona dear, I didn’t know you were coming over.” She heard her aunt say as she walked into the room. “Quinn invited me.” She said unsure if that was an okay thing or not. “How lovely. He’s upstairs in his room. Second door on the left.” Monique nodded slowly. “Nice seeing you Aunt Poppy.”

Heading up the stairs, she made her way down the hall. It wasn’t hard to see which room Quinn’s was as it was pretty artistically done up. “Hey Quinn,” She greeted from the doorway. “Mona hey, you came.” The Ravenclaw lit up with surprise as he spun around in his chair. “Yeah, nice room.” She added with a small smile. “Thanks, did the paint myself.” He told her. He’d always been proud of it. “Not surprised there.”

“Monique! What a surprise to see you here. Not interrupting anything am I?” Richard said surprised to see her at the end of the hallway not to mention in her brother’s doorway. “Hey Rich, you’re fine.” Quinn answered. “Heard you landed in Gryffindor. How are you liking it?” He asked her curiously. “It’s alright.” She replied simply with a nod. “It’s an adjustment when you have a house already expected of you.” Quinn added with a smile. “Yeah, it is that…” She agreed.

Company : Cousin Richard... and Quinn...

Tsk tsk tsk, so concerned with what others want for you
                                                  No real thought for yourself or what you really want, who you are
                                                  No, I think we can do better than Slytherin for you, my dear
                                                  It'd be a shame to waste you on your family's expectations
                                                  Gryffindor!

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff