Afon was curled up dozing by the large form of the Nat comfortably, ear flicking against Mauji as if naught in the world could harm her. The leopard, for all his reputation for murdering Hakuna'jina and causing her ascencion, had never caused her fear nor cause to mistrust him. In fact, she often moved to retrieve him, pulling the male to her side early in the evening to keep her company and aide her all night as often as able instead of the work befitting the other Nats.

He had helped her once after all, and slowly she'd gotten the quiet, angry leopard to relax - only around her, if not Tencho or his now-grown children. And currently, she slept against her friend soundly.

It was perfect really. The oag and demonspawn were sleeping, unaware of the world as Lillith spotted them and drew near, almost not bothering to stalk. The sharp grin on her maw was violent and sadistic - the majority of the pride was busy, and once found, it would be too late. Perhaps she might even frame the leopard for it, considering his last interaction with her had ended poorly. Lillith stretched, and groomed a paw, grinning. Then again, he was male - males had uses for food, and she WAS hungry. Scraps were not enough...

Lllith jumped to pounce, and Afon and Mauji's eyes both shot open, Afon wriggling until Mauji swung Lillith away from her with his paws, rolling to rise with a snarl as his claws flexed and he narrowed his eyes defensively.

"Moe, Afon." Mauji grumbled. Lillith laughed, circling him idly as Afon blinked, and for a moment, she turned. For a moment, she prepared to fetch help.

Lillith lunged and clamped her jaws down into Mauji's shoulder, earning a pained bellow from the massive leopard, and Afon spun back around. She couldn't let him be killed by the other nat. Not her friend.

Lillith hung on the male eagerly, preparing to gnaw when she was tackled by a lithe form of a female lioness - and found Afon standing on hert, teeth bared angrily as Mauji grunted, struggling to rise. Lillith merely smirked briefly, licking Afon's nose before Afon swiped.

"Stand down." Afon snarled. Lillith remained amused, nodding.

"Oh, dear honey, you're protecting the wrong one." Lillith cooed. Afon snarled as Lillith purred. If she couldn't overpower them, Jezebeth's tactics of manipulation may yet work.

"What criminal am I but only to wound your uncle? He slew a demon, child. He's the monster, not I."

Afon snorted, but moved off, Lillith raising as Mauji watched her quietly, Afon sighed as she looked to him. There was no denial in his eyes. There was regret, perhaps - regret it was confirmed. Regret she recognized as what it was - for the finding out. For the confirmation. Afon looked to Lillith, the female's face twisted in a feral grin, and Afon was silent. It was a pleased, smug look of one whom knew she'd done something significant, and the lioness wondered what Lillith was thinking before she moved, shielding Mauji bodily as her teeth bared, the female narrowing her eyes at Lillith sharply.

Lillith didn't know what was going on, but Afon's expression was not what she hoped. She'd hoped to ease her task by having the weak female kill the leopard herself - the betrayal was delicious enough. But instead she shielded him, eyes blazing with hatred. She was standing, position shifting to one of a warrior. A killer, and Lillith tensed.

Afone spoke.

"Mauji has proven he accepts his crimes as xriminal." Afon's tone was low, steady, and cold, devoid of fear or affection. "He has been everloyal at my side and were it possible I'd have him as my sador."

The leopard's ear flicked, the male looking to Afon in wonder, curious. Was it true? The female -- trusted him still? But how, when--

"Yes, Hakuna'jina was slain, but t'was the fortune of the fates she has returned as a stronger being. Was it not, in the end, a blessing to the pride? But you, worm." Afon crooned, and groomed Mauji;s injury, eyes locked on Lillith.

"You attempted murder, even now, with no regret. You resist, you fight, and forget one thing."

And suddenly, Afon tackled the female, pinning her to the ground as she leaned in, teeth bared in a snarl as a gutteral growl-purr came from her.

"We own you. You are not worthy of ascending from the dirt where the carrion rests."

And then with a swiper, Afon hit Lillith with her claws, a feral snarl coming from her; again, and again, Izanagi coldly observing her deeds behind her eyes.

Mauji finally rose with Afon occupied, watching only seconds before he caught her ruff, pulling her awsy, and shook his head.

"No." He uttered slowly. "Don't taint yourself with her death."

Afon blinked as the rage passed, moving off of Lillith slowly to help the leopard stand before Lillith began rising.

So the brat had a demon after all. And the brat couldn't be manipulated - no problem really. Efficiency was best, and Lillith giggled, staggering.

"Should listen, dear... Lisdten to our elders, yes~"

Lillith giggled, staggering in place before Mauji uttered a warning growl. The male was injured, but he would easily cope if needed, and Lillith laughed, harder and louder.

"Do you think I'm afraid of a male? Some giant, lumbering fool that can't st-"

Afon growled, and swiped at Lilith again, and the female shrieked, quieting as the smaller female snorted.

"Do not speak to him so, and you will live. Continue, and I'll allow him to reap the fee in your blood." Afon snarled.

Lillith was silenced, but eyed the pair.

The leopard was eying her. STARING. How dare he.

Lillith snorted, moving to limp for the Nat den with a furious hiss, but said nothing more. It seemed revenge needed more planning - and some way to part the leipard and demon, Lillith shaking her head and wincing as she moved to the dens to rest.

Afon snorted, and Mauji licked her ear, a proud look on his face as he seemed to soften again, an echo of a cub, before he looked away.

"She wasn't wrong." He muttered. Afon shrugged.

"I know. But you have proven to be... Better now. And my companion. I meant all I said. Come. Let's go hunt. We can both do with a meal." Afon smiled gently, and Mauji finally smiled, and bowed his head.

"As you wish."

And with that, the pair moved to hunt slowly, the only sign of struggle red splashes on the ground.