Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:21 am
User Image

Tiny paws pattered forth as she scampered away from her family's den. She had heard there was a great deal of family members in the pride and she was hoping to see some of them. Not that she had any clue as to what any of them looked like. Tail swished wildly behind her as she leaped and bounded in a rather eccentric matter. She wasn't exactly sure where all the energy had come from all of a sudden, but it was there.

The temperature wasn't too bad since it was early in the morning still and the sun had yet to make it's high rise appearance so the dark colored cub was quite content and not overly hot. Pale gaze searched for anyone else who might be around but it was still early so the odds anyone else was awake besides some of the guards or hunters was likely slim but still she figured she might as well give it a go! Finding a flat rock near a tree she perched herself atop it and crouched low and pounced off it onto an unsuspecting leaf. Batting at it for a moment she circled around and repeated the encounter and then rolled around hugging it to her and tossing it in the air.

Yup. She was just a bundle of energy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:08 am
User Image

Since the unexpected end of the rebellion, Kimondo had been keeping to herself. Her fur was no longer stained by the blood and she was grateful for that- and that she received far less credit and attention than the princes. She felt sorry for them, but she knew they wouldn't begrudge her relief over not being in their place.

When one wanted to avoid as many lions as possible in the Mwezi'Johari, the best bet was the wait for daylight. So that's what she did. And with her uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time, she spotted a tiny black shape scurrying away from a familiar area. At a glance, she had two guesses of who it might be. It helped that there were very few cubs in the pride right now. She watched the cub play for a few minute before walking up, a bright, genuine smile on her face.

"My my," she said, "You're up early- or is it late?"

Without the king to enforce his schedule, the pride wavered between diurnal and nocturnal once again. She couldn't begin to guess what adding cubs to the mix had done to poor Hodari's sleep schedule.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm
Ecavi

As she continued to play with the leaf she was suddenly aware that there was someone else around, but of course it wasn't until she had spoken. Pale gaze fell upon the white and silver lioness and she rolled onto her stomach and flicked her tail behind her. "Umm. I think early? Most of my family is napping right now." She said trying to think of it for a minute. She wasn't really sure since her sleep schedule was whatever she wanted really? The perks of being a cub she supposed. "I'm Miyako, what is your name?" She asked her standing up and then sitting down with a small c**k of her head.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 pm
Kimondo was privately relieved when Miyako introduced herself. She recognized the cub as kin but she hadn't yet sorted out which names belonged to which cub yet, and she hadn't interacted with enough cubs in the past to know how they might feel about being called the wrong name. It probably wouldn't be that bad, but she would feel bad. Had to get off on the right paw if she was going to be their favorite aunt.

Not that she had any competition unless Azhar was hiding some sisters somewhere in the pride. She didn't know him well but she guessed that was doubtful.

"I'm Kimondo," she said, "I'm your mama's sister! It's nice to meet you, Miyako."

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 pm
Ecavi

She was pleased to know the lioness knew who she was! Or rather who her mother was. It made her grin widely and she flicked her tail behind her as she stared at her newfound Aunt. "My momma said there were a lot of relatives in the pride, I didn't know I'd meet one so soon! What do you want to do Auntie Kimondo?" She asked bounding around her in a circle, her steps big and slightly clumsy in nature. She was really excited, you'd of thought she'd had honey or something. "Is there anything we can go do together?" She hadn't realized that there might not be much for them to do at this time in the morning. But she was being hopeful as she came to a stop and looked up at her wiggling in excitement.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 pm
Being called 'Auntie Kimondo' melted her heart and she stood beaming at the little cub for a moment while she weighed the pros and cons of luring the cub away from her den without Hodari's knowledge and consent. Miyako had obviously taken it upon herself to wander away whether or not any adult intervened, and the fact was she was with someone responsible now.

"I'm sure we can find something," she said brightly, deciding it would be OK, "But maybe let's not go too far away in case your mama comes looking."

What did cubs do? There were so few around lately, and her childhood hadn't exactly been carefree. She would bet her tail that that was something her sister was taking advantage of and wanted her cubs to enjoy.

"What were you hoping to find when you sneaked away from home this morning, Miyako?" she asked, turning the question back on the cub.

AstoriaFallen

((Sorry for the super long delay! Sleep and work barely cooperating with each other, never mind other things xD))

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:43 am
Ecavi
grats on the new lines! Also, we can wrap this up in the next post and start a new one or just keep this one open till it's done? Didn't know if you wanted to do a Part 2 or anything to get her an extra rp for later breedings?

"Yea, I don't think she'd be too happy if I suddenly vanished. But I'd be with family at least if we did go anywhere else." She said with a happy nod. "Though, I agree. I don't want momma angry." She said imagining how that might go.

The way she questioned it caused her to give her aunt a cheesy sorta grin. "I don't really know. I was hoping to just find something to play with or perhaps find something cool to keep." She honestly hadn't really given it too much thought. "What do you do in the pride? Maybe you can show me some of what you do?" She always wanted to learn new things! And her mother hadn't exactly introduced her to the rest of her relatives yet and she wanted to know more about her family.

"Momma doesn't talk much about most of you, so you'll have to tell me." She said looking at her aunt with wide eyes filled with curiosity.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Kimondo bit back a laugh at the cub reasoning through the possibility of disappearing and making her mother angry. She really was too adorable. For how sudden and unexpected the cubs had been, they were a much needed bright spot in the goings-on around here now. Maybe Hodari had the right idea all along.

"Your mama's probably too busy with all of you to talk much about me yet," she said thoughtfully, completely understanding that a new mother wouldn't have the time or energy to talk up her favorite sister, "I'm a huntress, just like you'll be when you grow up."

There was no other choice for little Miyako, she was in the lower-middle class and so that was that. There was no shame in it, though. There were plenty of happy hunters in the pride, Kimondo's mother (and Miyako's grandmother) among them. With all the drama behind them, her parents would probably finally get married and then Vesper would join them as hunters, too.

"I think I know just where to go," she said.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:48 pm
Ecavi

Momma was pretty busy with her siblings and herself so her Aunts words made sense, "Yea, I guess so. She doesn't talk about Papa much either." She had seen him once, so far, though she wasn't expecting to see him again. At least not with how mother acted about him. This made her forwn for a moment, however her thoughts were stolen by the comment of being a Huntress.

"Maybe we can go on hunts together when I get bigger then?!" She exclaimed with much exuberance. While she loved her siblings and all that she was hoping to get to know the rest of their family more as well. She got to see them everyday so it would be fun to be able to do stuff with her aunt, or any other relatives she had in the pride.

"OH? Where is that?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm
Talking about her father made Kimondo feel a twinge of guilt on her sister's behalf. She wasn't the only single parent around the pride, and at least their father was reasonably welcome for visits.. but it clearly wasn't the same. It was a complicated situation and she was glad she didn't have to worry about what was the right thing, really. At the end of the day, Hodari was doing her best and she was a great mother.

"Of course we can!" she answered brightly, focusing her attention on the hunting instead of the family situation, "For now, let's start with something easy. We'll be able to find some nice bugs to chase, or maybe even a couple birds to try sneaking up on, if we go to the waterhole."

And .. Hodari would be able to find them easily if she came looking. But telling Miyako that part might take away from the fun.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Ecavi

When she agreed to her request about future hunts she couldn't help but dash around in a small circle to express her excitement. "That would be oh so wonderful." She beamed.

She was going to teach her some things now? This day was getting even more exciting. "Okay! We can do that." She had a particular interest in the bugs that lit up early morning and late night. They were fun and easy to spot. At least when they were glowing.

Otherwise they were hard to find. "I bet I can race you there." She gave her aunt a grin and bounded towards the waterhole.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm
Kimondo was caught by surprise when Miyako suddenly challenged her to a race and took off running. She no longer wondered how the cub had gotten away from Hodari unnoticed, she was quick and clearly had the energy to burn. Her sister would probably be grateful if she could help tire her out, and she'd get to have some fun out of it.

Shaking her head, she chased after the cub.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out