Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:28 pm
Things had begun to settle down finally after the fall of their most recent ruler. They had lost a few in the days that had passed from when he had taken over to when he had finally lost his throne but the pride still seemed to be flourishing regardless. Flicking his tail behind him he walked along the outskirts of the pride. He wasn't really looking for anything in particular, it was just habit for him. Being a Guard and all. He sometimes asked himself why he had stopped being a hunter to be a Guard but then he remembered the good his father had done in his position of guard and the thought vanished from his mind. Letting out a small sigh he continued on, wondering if anyone else was out and about.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:29 pm
Runa spent a lot of time on the Mwezi's border looking out onto the rogue lands with no small sense of longing. It seemed like in all the time they fought to get back in the pride, she had never once considered how she would fit in. She was so proud of her mate, and of the war he had waged against Shangyue, but now that things were calming...what was there for her to do? Go back to hunting? In the rogue lands she had been so much more than a simple food bringer. She had trained Meshach, trained her cubs and the others in the ways of war. Runa had been a pillar of strength, and knowledge; now she had to hunt in a group just to keep up appearances.

It sickened her.

Flicking her paw in the dirt, Runa contemplated just how she was going to avoid 'working' today when she spotted another lion. If he's smart he'll walk away. After all, who hadn't learned by now that Meschach's mate was a prickly one?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:30 pm
As he continued along a somewhat familiar lioness came into view. While he knew of most of what was going on within the pride he hadn't ever met her before. He knew who she was and what she had done though so she wasn't completely unfamiliar to him. Pondering to himself if he should continue onward or not he eventually gave a shrug of his shoulders and carried on regardless. One testy female wasn't going to deter him from things. He'd met his fair share of prickly lions. He wasn't that young anymore. "Runa, right?" He asked when he came into a decent distance to talk. "I'm Gwaihir." He offered his name, since he wasn't sure if she knew him or not. His family was well known within the pride and there where quite a few of them but that still didn't mean anyone know who they were.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:39 pm
Runa screwed her maw into a frown. Of course he would choose to speak with her. Brilliant. Taking a deep breath, the lioness tried her best to look friendly and to seem less agitated. "It's nice to meet you. I can't say I've heard your name before, but your markings seem familiar. Would your mother happen to be a Midwife?" She vaguely remembered seeing a golden lioness with markings like his before. Or maybe she had the wrong one? The pride had changed so much since she had been gone that it was hard to keep up. "Has the pride changed it's stance on partnering up for patrols or are you out on a solo stroll?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:41 pm
"Yes, my mother is a Midwife. It's quite possible you have seen her before." He said in response to her question. He hadn't really thought about the rules for patrols and partners. He'd always just done them by himself. "I never really paid attention to the regulations regarding partnered patrols. I usually tend to do them by myself." He said with a small nod of his head. It's not that he didn't like to work with others, he just found it easier to take care of just himself and not another and himself. He could do it if it was required of him but he just liked to do things on his own. "It's so peaceful here now." It was a bit of a rhetorical statement but he didn't mind if she commented on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:48 pm
Rebels within the pride, hmm? That bit made Runa's frown lessen. She didn't know whether to think of him as a jet setter or a fool for going out on his own. Possibly a bit of both. "It is peaceful..." Runa commented on a sigh. "I just can't seem to enjoy it. I keep waiting for something else to happen. Another paw to drop, or worse..." Another body. Knowing the royal line she wouldn't be surprised if a new murder cropped up within the next few days. "Tell me Gwaihir; do you have a mate? Cubs?" It was an off the wall question, but simple enough that she felt alright asking.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:50 pm
He gave a small nod of his head. "I understand. After being used to having to do so much, doing so little seems to gnaw at you." He said in response to her statement. It was true. Despite the peace of it all it was too easy to stay on the edge, waiting for something else to come up. A frown fell upon his features at her question. He had always wanted a mate and cubs of his own, he just never had the opportunity to start a family. Either that or no one was interested. "I rather unfortunately do not. It's not for a lack of trying though." He said to her.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:49 pm
AstoriaFallen

He certainly had the way of it. Runa couldn't say that the peace was awful; not when it brought so many good tidings to the pride, but a little action wouldn't hurt, would it? "You'll have it one day, trust me. I never thought I would and now look...I'm mated to an ex-prince." She quirked her lip into a sardonic grin. Who knew life would take her down THAT road.

"They're the only ones keeping me here. If it wasn't for my mate and my cubs I would have left a long time ago. Some days I think it wouldn't be so bad to get out for a day or two, but then I look into their eyes and melt." Turning his way, Runa looked at the younger lion, "Just...don't dawdle about starting a family for too long. Otherwise you'll start getting grey furs."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:17 pm
Painted Moose

"Don't dis on the grey hair. I think I'll look more dashing once it starts to grow in." He said with a tease. He knew he wasn't a spring chicken anymore but it was a matter of finding someone who he wanted to have cubs with and just cubs or finding a forever someone. He wasn't really sure what to do. No one really seemed interested in him. It was blatantly obvious he was single, but maybe he should be more bold? "I understand, it is usually our families that keep us rooted to the ground." He said thinking of his parents and siblings. He wasn't sure he'd ever be able to leave them. "Family will make you do some crazy things sometimes."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:51 pm
AstoriaFallen
Your next post can wrap it up. c:

"Oh yes, the ladies will be clamoring to get at you then." Runa couldn't help to smirk at that. "Family will make you fight wars. My mate fought his own blood to bring this pride back into the Great Lion's favor. So, if you learn anything from that, remember family can be your greatest asset, or your worst nightmare."

Runa stretched out her forelegs and turned to look at the male. "Would you mind some company for your patrol? It really is a stupid idea to go on your own. At least this way if you're jumped I can have your back."  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:36 pm
Painted Moose
And done smile

He gave a chuckle at the thought and then the smile faded and he nodded his head. He hoped he would never have to see a day in which he had to fight his own family and he cringed slightly at the thought of having to do something like that. Though when it came to what was best for the pride, one would do just about anything. Even fight their own family. "I would very much like some company. You're starting to sound like my sister talking like that." He said with a laugh as he motioned for her to join him as he set back out on his patrol.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games