Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:51 pm
SilverLutz

User Image

Nubiti strolled around the main gathering areas of the pride. Things were so much quieter now that the murderer king was dead. Except. There was still a tension in the pride. Along with one big, burning question on everyone's mind/

Who would be the next ruler?

The fluffy lioness was pretty sure it featured in every conversation at least once throughout the day. So far there really wasn't a good answer. One lion had been picked to choose the next monarch, but she hadn't heard any word that a decision had been made. It wasn't a position she'd ever wish to be in.

How would the one chosen, choose? Nubiti wondered if there was a choice to make everyone happy. Not likely. She was starting to wonder if maybe it would be better to start a new line as this one clearly had a flaw. Settling herself down, her eyes roamed over those around her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 pm
User ImageNubiti wasn't the only lioness out and about today. Jioni was glad that the rebellion had been successful. It meant she could walk around without feeling the need to watch what she said around others and to glance over her shoulder from time to time. Now it was like the pride she had grown up in and loved so dearly...with one glaring difference. There was no ruler.

Steps were being taken to fix that, of course, but for now they were kingless. She found she didn't mind too badly, but the Lady knew that after too long lions would start to get restless and more problems could arise. It was important to get an heir quickly while making sure another corrupt lion wasn't put in a position of power.

As she walked, she noticed the fluffy lioness resting and observing, much as she had been earlier. Heading in her direction, Jioni gave a little bob of her head in greeting. "The Great Lion is pleased tonight," she said with a little smile, nodding up to the sky where the moon sat, large and bright. "Finally things are looking right here once again."

magnadearel

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:53 pm
SilverLutz
Sorry crappy short reply!

Nubiti crossed her paws delicately as an elegant looking lioness came up. "He is watching the pride well," she replied friendly. She tilted her head thoughtfully. "Perhaps, or maybe he is watching to make sure the correct choice is made." She wouldn't call things settled just quite yet. "Won't you have a seat? I'm Nubiti, a guard." With the recent merge of the pride again, she was able to get better acquainted with those of higher ranks. It was interesting to hear what those of higher ranks thought of the choices.

"Do you favor someone for kingship?" The calico colored lioness flicked her fluffy tail around her paws. Everyone had their favorite, except maybe the rare few. Which way would she lean?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:42 pm
Jioni took the offer to sit with the fluffy female, tossing her head a bit to remove her long fringe from her eyes. "Jioni," she said, giving her name with a little bow of her head. "Lady. But please, don't let that fool you," she added as she shifted to lay down, getting comfortable under the light of the moon. Many of her rank had been friends or favored the now removed king, but she had been against him from the moment he had slain his family.

"Oh, I'm not sure yet," she said, heaving a sigh. "I'm leaning towards someone not of the ex-tyrant's blood, but I suppose if they were raised away from him or proved that they didn't share their ideals I could stomach the thought. But ideally someone fresh and new, or perhaps of the same bloodline but not directly descended from him.'

magnadearel

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:53 pm
SilverLutz

She gave a laugh. "Fool me in what way?" In a way those closest to the king had had the hardest times under his rule. They were the most closely scrutinized. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance Jioni. It's nice to mingle with anyone without fear of being watched."

Nubiti nodded understandingly. "I hear your there. Start a fresh line cause that one was definitely going sour." She considered what she knew. There had been a litter sired by the un-lamented king that had been mostly outside the pride. "There was a b*****d litter. Raised with the rebels, and the oldest girl's twin was cubnapped and raised here partly. So I guess the older twin might count if you wanna risk it. From what I saw, neither said they wanted the throne."

"There's the leader of the rebels, he's back, but he's got cubs. That's further back in the line than that king. Or there's plenty of other side lines." It was getting complicated! How did one sort through it all?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 am
"Oh, in any way, really. It's no secret the high class is looked upon with distrust or apprehension for a variety of reasons," Jioni said with a little wave of her paw. She could tell Nubiti was relaxed and comfortable in her presence, though, so she didn't continue.

As the guard listed the various options, Jioni nodded along. There were lots of blood relations to the royal family that could be options, and yet she wondered if starting completely fresh would be a better idea. She didn't have a mind for heavy politics like that, but she did have a fierce desire to see her pride restored to the wonderful place it had been all her life leading up to the murders.

"I feel as though not wanting the throne is an admirable quality," she mused, swatting at a few night time insects with her tail that buzzed too close to her. "It's quite obvious that wanting that power is dangerous. Having someone in that position that is willing to take the burden for their pride would be ideal."

magnadearel

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:32 am
SilverLutz

"They shouldn't be. As I understand it, they share their protect with others in return for work." Now if the high class wasn't doing their part, then she could understand. Or maybe the high class became dangerous, she thought thinking of the former king. They really needed to put that whole messy business behind them. To do that, they needed a new king or queen. Nubiti wished they'd hurry up and make a choice.

"Mmmmm, yes and no. If she doesn't want it, she might not abuse it's power. Yet will she be a good ruler, and take interest in the details of the pride?" Would she take too little of an interest in her job? "I agree that someone who wants it too badly is bad. Do you think a king or queen is better?" The pride had had both. Nubiti didn't think gender really played too big a roll in how well you preformed a job.

She was greatly enjoying her conversation with this lioness. It was nice to talk to a lioness who had a good head on her shoulders and could carry an intellectual conversation. That and being able to speak her mind freely without fear of reprisals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:39 pm
"Hmmmm....a king or a queen," Jioni mused, thinking about the options. There were males and females that were up for the title now, of course, and she felt that gender didn't play too big of a role. She fancied having a queen again after the line of kings had gone so sourly, but she wouldn't be adverse to a king once more.

"For my own personal delight I'd enjoy seeing a Queen, but I'll be just as happy with a King. Going too long without a ruler isn't good for a pride in this state," she said with a shake of her head. "Everyone is fine for now, riding the waves of the success of the rebellion, but soon things will settle down and we'll need someone to keep order in the pride."

Hopefully a decision would be made before things started to get unpleasant. Someone had to take the title and the burden that came with it, but if no one wanted it...what would they do?

magnadearel

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:14 pm
SilverLutz

She grinned. That was an interesting question to put among the bonnets. King or Queen? Would they pick queen because they themselves were female, or because the last, bad ruler had been a king? Or pick king for another reason entirely? Nubiti figured she didn't care which, so long as they were a good ruler. She nodded as Jioni stated her opinion, "as long as they rule well, I don't mind king or queen."

"What about the male that lead the rebellion from the get go? I know he declined it, and his mate makes him low class." How far should this go? Could they change someone from a low class to a high class just to rule? Nubiti had never heard of that happening. That would expand the possible pool quite a bit and maybe give them a chance to get away from the bad blood.

"On the whole, I think I'm happy not to have such an impending decision to make." She glanced at the lioness beside her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 am
"He would be ideal," Jioni said with a little nod. "But his class is a bit troublesome." The Great Lion put lions in certain classes for a reason, after all, and although he had been of a higher class originally, his mate had brought him down a few pegs. That wasn't anything to sniff at, though. Love was something that transcended class.

She gave a hum of agreement, not at all jealous of the lioness that had the task of finding the next ruler. The poor thing was probably stressed beyond belief. "It's a rather sticky predicament we're in, but honestly it is one we'll deal with and move through. The worst is behind us," she said with a fond smile.

After speaking she got to her feet again, silver necklaces catching the light of the moon and flashing a bit. "I'm afraid I must press on. It was nice having a little chat, though. Perhaps once a king or queen is chosen we can compare notes on how we think they'll do," she said with a little wink.

magnadearel
Last from me!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 pm
SilverLutz
Fin!

There was just too much to consider! Besides Meshach had already stated firmly, he would not take the throne. Nubiti sighed. There had to be a good solution somewhere. "Aye, I doubt they'd change that." He'd gotten that middle class for his mate after all.

"Faith and the Great Lion to guide us will bring us through." It would be what it would, and no worry on their part would change that. The calico lioness waved her tail in farewell as the other rose to her feet. "It was indeed a pleasurable chat. I look forward to comparing notes with you later." She was glad the pride was starting to relax again and friends could be friends.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games