[PRP] Open Fire [Bangizwe & Andhaka] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 pm
"Geezers? Speak for yourself, old man! I don't even have grandcubs. Yet." He shoved at the larger male beside him. "Somewhere with food, for starters. Fewer crocodiles," he suggested. Humor was an excellent way to deflect his discomfort with having to deal with feelings.

"Well, the Firekin won't take you, so we're s**t out of luck there." Andhaka paused for thought, trying to dredge up what he had heard of other prides. "From what I've heard of the Pridelands, they'll take anything with a pulse, though it also sounds boring as hell. And crowded." He shrugged. "We'll figure something out. Not dying is the priority."

Unlike Bangizwe, he was confident they could win against Umkhombo, even if he had a partner, but as evidenced by his suggestion, he wasn't sure they actually wanted to. What was the point of winning if the prize was starvation?

Quaji
It is. It totally is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:30 pm
"You wound me, Tirnen~ It's not my fault the ladies like me more than you. Did anyways." There was an over-dramatic quality to Bangizwe's words as he let a paw come to rest over his eyes, but he laughed and oh how he laughed hard. Hard enough that he even started coughing. As he came down from the fit he lent himself the luxury of looking over their situation. Joining a pride was probably the best bet. They could become guards or some s**t like that. Though the Pridelands seemed to be a an option, he didn't exactly feel like just downright retiring or having to deal with too many other lions.

"You know," he began only to pause right after as he began second-guessing himself. "It'd be just you and me, heading to wherever we want. No pride, no kids, nothing to tie us down. It'd be nice..I'm so tired." It sounded nicer when it had just been a thought running through his head, but now it was out there, left lingering in the air.

Meepfur

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:54 pm
"Yeah, well, word gets around," he retorted, rolling his eyes at the other male's overdramatic display, but a little grin formed when Bangizwe began to laugh. Good. He'd been far too serious lately, and when Andhaka thought that, there was definitely a problem.

"I suppose we don't have to join anywhere," he mused, "But it would be easier. I've gotten used to not hunting."

"Of course you're tired, you big idiot. Like I said, you worry too much." The red lion leaned over to rest his head on his companion, the closest he'd gotten to showing any physical affection this far. "All the more reason to get the hell out of here while the getting's good." He wouldn't have been saying so yesterday, or even an hour ago, but the more he thought about it, the more sense it made and the more appealing it became.

Quaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:21 pm
All breathing halted as the sensation of having Andhaka's head come to rest against his chest overwhelmed him. They had contact through fighting, sure, or even laying kinda close to one another, but this was strange. Strange enough that Bangizwe found himself smiling even more broadly than he already was. He probably no idea that affect the simple touch was having on Bangizwe's heart. The golden Umholi could feel his heartbeat drumming in his ears at such a pace that he thought it would either give our or burst from his chest.

"You're right, I do. I can't help but worry," Bangizwe commented to the sky above him, trying to ignore Andhaka so he could speak. "I know you don't wanna hear it again, but I am sorry. I'm tired of worrying. I'm just so tired. I'll leave if you'll come with me."

Meepfur

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:34 pm
Andhaka's tail swung lazily, brushing through dust and dry grass. This was comfortable, he had to admit, even if the touch-feely stuff remained disconcerting. It went against his sense of self-preservation, but then again, so did being alone. The feeling would reconcile itself eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.

"I'll leave on one condition: never call me Tirnen again." He wrinkled his nose, but a little chuckle slipped out. "I actually really hate that name."

Quaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:57 pm
"I'd say that's a more than fair trade off, igazi lami." Lose one name, gain another. That name had been dead and gone to Bangizwe for so long that this deal scarcely mattered to the Umholi. "What do you think about a nap?" A question punctuated with a wide yawn. In fact, Bangizwe's eyes had already been growing heavy, his mind fogging as weariness from the day was catching up to him as she shifted slightly, trying to get comfortable on his back; a feat much harder than he originally anticipated.

To Bangizwe, it didn't matter if the pride gossiped about them now, not with their plans already forming to leave together. 'The roguelands...' a familiar thought crept to the forefront of his mind as the Umholi found himself falling asleep regardless of Andhaka's reply. It's been a while. I wonder..what kind of pride he'd want to join?' He had brought up not joining one, but they were aging, their lifestyles having changed dramatically. Maybe a pride would be good for them.

Meepfur

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items