Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Lyall & Rider's Townhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ This is my fight song ♫
♪ Take back my life song ♫
♪ Prove I'm alright song ♫
♪ My power's turned on ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

Rider sighed and laid down with Lyall, wrapping her body around his. She cradled Lyall as he cried over his deceased pet. All she could do was lay there and hold him. That's what he'd done for her, many times over. After she'd let him cry for a little while, she stroked his head and pulled him against her. "Ly," she said quietly, moving her hand to cradle his head. She gave him a sad smile and wiped away at his eyes. "I know it's hard. But she's always with you. With us." She cradled Lyall against her again, gently stroking his cheek. If her mind was working rationally, she'd view this ironically, since Lyall had cared for her through her long depression, and now she was caring for him. But she was more focusing and cheering up the man she loved, the man who'd done everything in his power to keep her sane.

♪ Starting right now I'll be strong ♫
♪ I'll play my fight song ♫
♪ And I don't really care if nobody else believes ♫
♪ Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓵𝒆𝓻𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓾𝓼ℋ𝓾𝒇𝒇𝓵𝒆𝓹𝓾𝒇𝒇 𝓐𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓾𝓼

Lyall cried a while longer, letting himself mourn. When Rider sat him up, he simply flopped over onto him and set down the little ball of blankets. She wiped away his tears, which calmed him a bit. Sure, he'd lost his Bubbles, but Rider was right, she was always going to be in his heart.... Forever. Like all those times he'd been there for her. The man sniffled, looking up at Rider as she pet his messy hair. One of his slippers slid off his foot and landed with a quiet thud on the hardwood floor, but he didn't seem to notice that his foot had suddenly gone cold. He nuzzled against Rider's shirt, wiping his eyes on the soft fabric like a child. "Thank you, Ri...." He sniffed again, content to just let the woman cradle him for a while.

Summer II

A ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴇss ᴅʀᴇss ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ sɴᴇᴀᴋs, ᴍʏ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴛʜèǫᴜᴇ, Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
I ғᴇʟᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ ᴀs sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ. I ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ,
Sʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ.
Wᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oʜ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.
Jᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ." I sᴀɪᴅ, "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ,"
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"
Tʜɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ! Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oᴏʜ-ᴏᴏʜ-ʜᴏᴏ, sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ."

𝒟𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒...

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:34 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Rider cradled her Lyall, her adorable goofball, then began to quietly hum a relaxing tune to help soothe him. She leaned her head down and kissed the top of his head, then stroked his hair until he was calmed down more. "The interview went well," she said quietly, hoping to get his mind on something else. Of course the interview had gone well. Her credentials were great and her grades were even better. "I think I got the job. Spell damage, floor four." She'd always been able to handle more of the gory, sickening stuff. She knew that Lyall didn't like that stuff very much. But Rider could handle it. She flashed Lyall a small smile and stroked his cheek.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓵𝒆𝓻𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓾𝓼ℋ𝓾𝒇𝒇𝓵𝒆𝓹𝓾𝒇𝒇 𝓐𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓾𝓼

Lyall snuggled against Rider, his tears beginning to dry on his cheeks. Her humming was relaxing, letting his sadness dull a bit. He let her pet his hair and plant little kisses on him, his emotions ebbing into a duller state. Rider mentioned her interview going well and that her job would be in Spell Damage. That would mean they'd work together, which would normally be delightful news. For now, he couldn't think of anything much better than sadness. He sighed, but glanced up at Rider with the shadow of a smile. "That's great news. I'm glad you did well." He nodded a few more times, but sighed again and dropped his head back down. He wiped his eyes, sniffling a few times more.

Summer II

A ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴇss ᴅʀᴇss ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ sɴᴇᴀᴋs, ᴍʏ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴛʜèǫᴜᴇ, Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
I ғᴇʟᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ ᴀs sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ. I ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ,
Sʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ.
Wᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oʜ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.
Jᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ." I sᴀɪᴅ, "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ,"
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"
Tʜɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ! Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oᴏʜ-ᴏᴏʜ-ʜᴏᴏ, sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ."

𝒟𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒...

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:16 am

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Letting him cry out the rest of his emotions was key here, so she would let him cry as long as he needed to. Rider didn't mind him laying on her, after all, she couldn't count the many nights that she'd cried on him. After a little while, she kissed his head again and said, "Ly, I love you, you know that right?" She smiled at him and stroked his head. Then an idea popped into her head. "Remember last month when I tried to cast my patronus again and couldn't? Let me show you something." She sat him up a little then sneaked her wand out of her pocket. "Expecto patronum," she said quietly. A silvery white rabbit appeared from her wand, spectral white trails following it as it danced around the room. It came to stop in front of them, then disappeared into silvery mist. "I didn't think that would ever be possible again. But you made me able to do it again." Rider turned and smiled at him.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

After talking with Addison about his dilemma with Rider, Lyall had decided to ask her to be his girlfriend. It seemed weird, he thought, to be twenty years old and just now getting a girlfriend. Addy and Pru were soon to be affianced, and here he was, too nervous to ask someone to be his girl. The brunette had been planning for a few weeks this dinner, and had managed to get the day off while Rider worked. As soon as she was gone, Lyall started work. Within a few hours, the entire house was spotless. Before he began cooking, he set the table with a nice cloth and a small candelabra he'd found at a thrift store. He made time to go and get a pretty bouquet of red roses, and adorned the table with those as well. He showered and dressed, then made a nice meal of chicken parmesan and spaghetti, even making garlic knots on the side. Well, she always seemed to love his cooking. He set the table, then hid out of the way, hoping she'd find the scene before she found him.

Summer II

Hᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ꜰᴀsᴛ. Cᴏʟᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs
Hᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ?
Bᴜᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ɢᴏᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ.
Tɪᴍᴇ sᴛᴀɴᴅs sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ sʜᴇ ɪs
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Wʜᴀᴛ's sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs
I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. Dᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ.

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 pm

♪ I'll tell the world, I'll sing a song ♫
♪ It's a better place since you came along ♫
♪ Your touch is sunlight through the trees ♫
♪ Your kisses are the ocean breeze ♫
♪ Everything's alright when you're with me ♫

нealer aт ѕт мυngo'ѕ

At first, Rider wasn't sure how well she'd be able to handle working, especially in a hospital where she'd be seeing lots of tragedy. But she'd quickly grown into her position and since healing was something she was good at, she quickly excelled. With her recovery almost complete and her new job bringing her new meaning, Rider was back to her old self. In fact, she was better than her old self. Add to the fact that she came home to Lyall every day, and well, it was almost like they were a thing. Of course, she knew that he loved her, but when he would figure it out, she didn't know. But she was happy with what she had now. That was definitely something. Rider had been going to work alone today, but she didn't mind. She had her cell phone and her headphones, so she could listen to her tunes on the way home. As usual, she apparated from work to a spot close to their apartment. Unlike Lyall, who would often drive home... Rider avoided the automobiles as much as possible. Since the accident, she hadn't been in a motor vehicle once. There came a popping sound and Rider appeared up the street from their home. She walked up to the door and checked the knob, finding it unlocked. So Lyall was still home. Rider smiled and walked into their house, pushing her headphones down around her neck. "Lyall, I'm home," she called to the apartment. Setting her keys down beside the door, she took off her scarf and jacket, setting them on the rack. Then she took in their place. It was cleaned and she could smell food from the other room. "Ly?" she asked, heading towards the source of the smell. The kitchen was nicely decorated and there was a meal on the table. Rider made a face and put her hands on her hips, but her cheeks were colored a little pink. "Lyall Thompson, you come out now," she said, a little teasing tone in her voice.

♪ I see the whole world in your eyes ♫
♪ It's like I've known you all my life ♫
♪ We just feel so right ♫
♪ So I pour my heart into your hands ♫
♪ It's like you really understand ♫
♪ You love the way I am ♫

{...}

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:21 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall had to literally bite his tongue to prevent laughing as Rider wandered to the kitchen. At least she seemed in a good mood about the whole event. When she told him to come out, the male did just so, a smile on his face. Calmly, he gestured to the candlelit table with a sweeping motion. "I hope you like it, Ri. I figured you needed something nice after working all day." He grinned, looking just a bit pleased with himself. He had spent all day perfecting this, after all! He walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug, again biting his tongue to prevent himself from word-vomiting his question out. Not yet, Lyall, he thought. He had to wait just a while longer. After he left the hug, he vanished into the kitchen and came back with two plates of their chicken parmesan, before setting them at the small table. "I hope you're hungry. I made it all from scratch, and yours has fancy cheese on top. At least... I think it's fancy cheese." A nervous laugh escaped, and he was suddenly grateful for the dim lighting as he felt his cheeks heat up tenfold.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 pm

нealer aт ѕт мυngo'ѕ

Rider blinked at Lyall when he said she figured that she'd need something after working all day; she did, after all, pick up a half shift. The girl tipped her head to the side, an amused smirk on her face. "I am hungry," she said with a nod. When he returned with plates of food, Rider gave another amused smirk. "No time to shower, I guess." The girl chuckled and sat at her spot at the table. "So, what do I owe the honor, Ly?"

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall grinned at Rider as he pulled her seat out for her. When asked to what she owed the honor, he blushed even more heavily. "N-no reason. Just... dinner." He looked away a bit, pretending to be busy fluffing the roses in their vase. He began eating, trying not to look too terribly suspicious. He had made plans earlier, but just simply having Rider here was making him tongue tied up. They ate in peace, and it wasn't until he'd nearly finished that he looked up and tried to find his words. After floundering for a second, the man spoke up. "So, I was wondering something, Ri. Um... about us." Not the words he'd meant to say, but whatever, he'd keep going. "See, we've been friends for... years and years now, and there's no one I'd rather be with forever than you. So.... um... Rider, would... would you like to be my girlfriend maybe please?" He smiled a rather nervous smile, cheeks, ears, and neck red with fluster. Hopefully she'd say yes. If not... he'd be mortified for the rest of his young life.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:51 pm

нealer aт ѕт мυngo'ѕ

Rider could tell Lyall was hiding something, but exactly what he was hiding, she couldn't tell. She made a face at him, but would let him hide whatever it was he was hiding. She'd play along, for now. The food was delicious as always, and he had used good cheese, so Rider was happy. When Lyall finally spoke up, he mentioned wondering about them. She opened her mouth to ask him what he meant, but he continued. Rider closed her mouth and listened to him. He... Was he finally asking her out? Then he definitely did. Rider's mouth hung open in stunned silence for a couple seconds. Then she blinked a couple times. "Yes? I mean... Of course. I... I love you Ly. I... Yes." Rider stood up from the table and practically fell into Lyall, hugging him tightly. There were tears in her eyes, but they were the happy kind.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items