Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What's up with Quests? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

floating_embers

Galactic Explorer

13,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:10 pm
sorry if I'm posting this incorrectly, this is my first post >m<

So I got the noob quest from that one shop lady and the aquarium tutorial one but I've haven't stumbled across any others. I couldn't help but notice the quest tab where the inventory and dress-up stuffs are.
The quest tab says I can obtain more via zOMG! but from what I can tell that's no longer a thing? Are the quests just kinda random events?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:28 am
floating_embers

So I got the noob quest from that one shop lady and the aquarium tutorial one but I've haven't stumbled across any others. I couldn't help but notice the quest tab where the inventory and dress-up stuffs are.
The quest tab says I can obtain more via zOMG! but from what I can tell that's no longer a thing? Are the quests just kinda random events?

Quests is a super old feature. You used to be able to fulfill certain quests for gold. zOMG had most of the quests, but it isn't around any more D=  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

floating_embers

Galactic Explorer

13,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 am
Auriga La Shock
floating_embers

Quests is a super old feature. You used to be able to fulfill certain quests for gold. zOMG had most of the quests, but it isn't around any more D=

Bah that's disappointing, sounds like it could've been a fun challenge confused  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:36 am
floating_embers

Bah that's disappointing, sounds like it could've been a fun challenge confused

zOMG had a critical error in it that forced them to shut it down. If you are interested in challenge, look into achievements ^^ They are a lot of fun and there are a ton of them.  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:11 am
Totally everything that Auriga said. It's a defunct feature. It's pretty much been replaced by achievements. You'll explore a lot of site features by attempting them.

So, with that said, if you hear users talk about "quests" or "questing" it's because users have been using that term since loooong before that quest system ever existed. Nowadays, users questing just means they've decided to start actively earning and saving up gold to put towards items, art, etc.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games