Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:23 pm
User Image

Kuhasa was adept at handling crocodiles (or judging the situation when they were involved, at least) but even he knew better than to fall asleep at the water's edge.. even though it was extremely comfortable and he had been mostly undisturbed since Idaka's visit. The crocs on the other side had been joined by another, one he didn't notice soon enough for most but yet another he recognized and didn't worry too much about.

Laying at the shore, lazily dipping a paw in the water, he wondered how much lower it would get before it would finally rain. Already he was laying in what should have been mud.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:02 pm
User Image With two strong Umholi around, and two equally strong Inselelo, one would have thought that, by now, Isasa would have had cubs. But no, none had truly appealed to her yet. Well, that was a lie. Gabedi had, all dark and strong with a strong loyalty to the pride. But he'd come, he'd gone, and he'd left no mark on the pride other than his lingering smell and the memory that his father had fought a crocodile.

Something something crocodiles... Her mind kept coming back to that one. And as she approached the watering hole, her mind came back to it again, when she spied Kuhasa. "Well, if it isn't the palest Inselelo ever! Enjoying being by the water, are we?" Her gaze went to the crocodiles, eyes narrowing. Even with the water between them and the giant reptiles, she was incredibly wary. She'd seen how fast they could move.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:08 pm
Kuhasa heard someone approaching but paid no mind until suddenly she spoke, and he turned to look at her. His smile turned into a grin when he watched her eyes go past him and to the crocodiles lounging nearby. She wasn't wrong to be nervous about them but he would make a far easier snack (and he knew the few of them) so it was almost funny.

"That's me," he said brightly, "It's easier to deal with the heat near the water. If you're waiting to see if I get eaten, you're going to be disappointed."

Just like the lionesses who had spotted him fighting with Zahif.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm
"I see..." She glanced again at the crocodiles, then back to Kuhasa. "So, what's your secret with them? Crocodiles aren't usually the most agreeable of animals with others." She'd seen them in the river, before. The only animals they respected and avoided were hippos. Of course, being hippos, she could entirely understand WHY they respected hippos. Anybody who didn't was a fool. "Should we call you the Crocodile Whisperer?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:54 pm
"What use is a secret if I go around blabbing to everybody who asks?" he said with a playful glint in his eyes- and then he laughed when she asked if they ought to call him the crocodile whisperer. Kuhasa had, somehow, ingratiated himself with some of the locals and yet it still felt silly to take it to that degree.

"There's nothing so gentle as a whisper involved when dealing with crocs," he said, "They're an insular group but they're not so different, and being able to stand your ground with them is important."

He paused, realizing he could be giving very bad advice.

"Knowing when it's safe to do so is trickier."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 pm
Isasa hummed just a bit, watching the crocodiles again. "Suppose you're right." Her tail curled and uncurled, before she walked over to the male. "So, tell me, Crocodile Whisperer, how did you find your way into the Ithambo lands?" She walked around him, standing on his other side. "What about these lands appealed to you, that you decided to stay? It can't possibly be the taste of crocodile." She made a face, remembering once eating a bit from one she'd found dead. It had tasted terrible, and then the other crocodiles had shown up to eat some more. The local vultures hadn't dared get near it, which should have been a clue to her, really.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:49 pm
Kuhasa made a face at the remark about the taste of crocodile- one that suggested he, too, just might have tried it before.. but the truth was he just couldn't picture them as delicious unless the situation were truly desperate. Plus his best friend before joining the pride was a crocodile, and he didn't fancy eating a friend.

"Well, it was the crocodiles, actually," he said, "My croc, to be exact. He and his friends must have moved farther into the lands as the drought started drying up the water. I wasn't expecting to find lions around, but I guess I wasn't looking very carefully."

For as comfortable as he had gotten in the area, he was incredibly lucky he hadn't been found and chased off sooner.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:30 pm
At this, the lioness let out an amused sound. "You followed the crocodiles..." She looked at Kuhasa, then the crocodiles once again. At first, it seemed a strange concept, but then she started to think about it. Where there were crocodiles, there was water. Where there was water, there was prey. In a time of no rain, that meant there was a chance to survive. Finding a pride where he followed the crocodiles to was incidental.

Then her brain did a back-pedal as her head whipped around to gape at him. "Wait, YOUR crocodile?! Which one's YOUR crocodile?" Isasa suddenly had the mental image of a lion with a small baby crocodile sitting on their head, riding around like some kind of companion.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:40 pm
The Inselelo puffed up importantly as the slowly processed his information. He knew the story of how he'd been discovered by the lionesses got around but surely plenty of them expected it was exaggeration.

"His name is Zahif and, unfortunately, he's not here," he said, looking back out to the small group of crocodiles in the water, "But these ones all know him, and me. That's why they're leaving us alone."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:58 pm
One eyebrow went up. "He happens to not be here... Convenient." Did she beleive him? Maybe a little. Saying one knew a crocodile, and not SHOWING fear around them, but instead that healthy respect, gave his claim some credibility. Finally, she gave the crocodiles another glance. They seemed in no hurry to go anywhere, and neither did the Inselelo. Letting out a small huff, she lay down next to him. She'd find out who this Zahif later. For now, she wanted to relax, and this seemed as safe a spot as any to do so.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 am
She was doubtful but still trusting enough to join him in relaxing by the water, that was more than enough for him. He wanted to find Zahif again, seemed likely that he'd have a few others interested in meeting him once he showed up again.

He shuffled himself over a bit so he couldn't be accused of encroaching on her personal space (even though she chose where to lay down) and eyed the crocodiles in the water. He could ask if they knew where Zahif was, it would just be more awkward because he could not for the life of him remember their names.

"Zahif is bound to be around again soon," he said, "I'll introduce you to him."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:12 am
She nodded, "I think I'd like to meet him. I've never met a crocodile before." It was sure to be an experience like no other.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 am
He could just introduce her (and reintroduce himself) to the present crocs but they were significantly less impressive than Zahif and they were all quite content leaving each other alone as it was. So he was happy to leave them be.

"Great," he said, grinning at Isasa and leaning back, making himself comfortable again.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games