Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Findlay-Abrams' Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:59 pm
User Image

Owners: Kalin and Thane Findlay-Abrams

It's a newer slightly bigger flat still located in the same town so that Brennie wouldn't have to change schools. As well as an added bedroom for their newest occupant. Another added benefit is that they actually have a decently sized backyard for laundry use or (more importantly to some) the excuse for a new family dog.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:10 pm
Inhabitants

Kαlιɴ Fιɴdlαy-Aвrαмѕ
At Home | At the Masters' | Farmer's Market | Visiting Friends/Family | Other

Tнαɴe Fιɴdlαy-Aвrαмѕ
At Home | Traveling | Brewing | At the Apothecary | Visiting Friends/Family | Other

Breɴdαɴ Fιɴdlαy-Aвrαмѕ
At Home | At School | Helping Daddy(ies) | Visiting Friends/Family

Nαѕιм Sαғι
At Home | At School | Helping Milo | Hiding

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:29 pm
Miscellaneous

→ Kalin's dog Angel was too big and in his opinion too old to move to an entirely new and smaller place so he left her at home with his brother and niblings. He's considering another familiar since Chet never really took to him in the first place.

→ Thane never bothered with getting a familiar since their previous home was already an established zoo.Though he did take care of Chet and the owl purposely followed them to their new home.

→ The boys have a floo set in place with the address being "Millennial Falcon" which Thane did choose with Kalin's blessing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:24 pm
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the sound of silence
User Image
User Image

ᴜɴᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴇʀ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ᴀʟᴜᴍ

Thane followed the stairs up to the flat he technically shared with his...with Kalin. He sighed raggedly, still a bit tired and jetlagged from his earlier flight and because he hadn't been doing much of his exercises that his nurses and doctors pushed him to do. By the time he reached his flat he wasn't completely out of breath but he did lean against the wall for a few precious seconds to both catch it and to compose himself for what he was about to do. After reminding himself that he wasn't some crybaby he gathered his wits before knocking on their door. He didn't hear anything immediately and instantly wished he still had a key so he could avoid doing part of the confrontation out in the open. Though with how long it was taking to get into the flat, said confrontation would have to wait until Kalin got back from wherever he was. Wouldn't that be a kick in the arse; he finally makes it home for the man he's looking for to not be there. It was another agonizing few seconds before he decided to try and knock again when he heard the locks being undone and the door swinging open to show a bleary eyed Kalin still dressed in what he remembered as his pajamas.

His eye took in the tall and still muscular frame of the man while the man in point merely stared back at him much like he'd seen a ghost. Which is what he probably looked like seeing as he hadn't gotten any decent sun in weeks. Thane cleared his throat a bit to soothe it and to draw attention away before he could get to the obvious mar. "Can I come in?" He felt awkward for asking at his own flat but for all he knew his, Kalin, could have thrown all his stuff to the curb and shacked up with someone else. He hoped not but, being the cynic he'd always be, he knew that the Gryffindor was a complete catch. Tall, handsome, great cook, adorable, freakng amazing smile, dimples to die for, he could have anyone he wanted really. It always made him question why the guy would settle for someone like himself but he wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth and he was really hoping said horse hadn't trotted away for greener pastures. Kalin snapped out of whatever stupor he was in and nodded to his question moving aside so that he could go inside before shutting the door behind them both. That felt rather ominous but he'd rather not think of it. Thane took a couple of calming breaths mentally trying to gather his thoughts and figure out where exactly he would start. "I know this is sort of a surprise and everything but I have a really good explanation for it all-"

"I can't believe you're here." Kalin quietly stated causing the Slytherin to pause in his rambling speech.

"Yes I am and I'm trying to explain-"

"I can't believe you're here, now." These words weren't said in the same gaspy breath as the last, more of a hissing growl which startled him since he never thought Kalin could actually growl. "Kalin, look, please just let me explain every-" He was interrupted by the other man suddenly being in his face and grabbing him by his jacket lapels.

"Now you want to explain?! Now?! After a year of being gone and nearly six months since your last letter and now you decide that poor pathetic Kalin needs an explanation?!" He was shaking him, good god the man had gone crazy. Thane reached up both his hands and lightly covered his friend's trying to remove them before they shoved him and had him nearly flip over the coffee table.

He cursed as he stumbled only to curse again as he dodged a punch to the side of his head. "Kalin! Jesus Christ just let me talk!"

"WHY SHOULD I?! Kalin shouted back startling him enough for the taller man to actually land a punch on his left cheek causing him to curse out. "Why should I let you talk?! Why should I listen to ANYTHING you have to say?! You left me! You left me without even talking to me, without even giving me a-a ******** letter or phone call to tell me why or AT THE VERY LEAST LET ME KNOW THAT YOU WERE OK! Do you know how-how infuriating it is to be heartbroken over someone you think doesn't want you? That you believed left you and even after all of it you can't actually hate them?" Kalin was huffing and practically spitting in rage as he continued his tirade about just how he had fundamentally screwed up and had his cheek not been smarting from the admittedly impressive hit he probably would be shouting right back. Alright so not just his cheek but also because he figured he did sort of deserve this. Sort of.

"Are you finished or can I actually talk now?" Thane silently quipped during one of the other man's lulls. The Gryffindor narrowed his eyes an practically hissed at him but stayed silent so he supposed now was as good as ever. "I didn't plan on staying away this long and I definitely didn't plan on making it seem like I had abandoned you. I just-I-something happened and I couldn't control it," A loud scoff echoed through the room causing Thane to narrow his good eye. "Look this already isn't easy and you being a drama d**k isn't really helping." he snidely replied. From the puffed up agitation Kalin regained it was probably not the right thing to say.

"Oh I'm soooooooooooo sorry I can't be more sympathetic to whatever plight you might've gone through on your lovely traipse across the planet while I was stuck here WORRYING about you and wondering you had fallen off the side of a ******** cliff!"

"I DID FALL OFF THE SIDE OF A ******** CLIFF!" Thane finally shouted out tired of his friend's ranting and honestly feeling a tad nauseous from the earlier shoves and punch. His exclamation was met by a wide eyed stare and a fallen open mouth that he probably would've laughed at had he not wanted to lay down for a bit. "Wait, what you, you fell off a cliff?" Kalin asked in a hoarse voice. The Slytherin shrugged and sunk thankfully into an armchair facing away from the window. "Not so much 'cliff' as a small veritable mountain." he smirked as Kalin's eyes got wider and he even felt into a seat on the couch opposite him.

"I was in Greenland and I was trying to hurry up and get the last of these mushrooms that grew on the side of this mountain who's name I honestly couldn't pronounce even if I could remember it. I had sold most of the ingredients that I had on me at the last wizard stop and the mushrooms were going to be my literal ticket back home." He decided to pause here to catch his non-existent breath and rub lightly at his eye patch. "You were coming home?" his friend asked surprised and confused while he just nodded. "I had gotten your last letter and, Idunno I was feeling homesick and I guess I got all that wanderlust out my system and I just wanted to sleep and watch old reruns of Star Trek and Doctor Who, Idunno what you really want me to say.
                                                All I knew was that I was done and I wanted to come home and those ******** mushrooms on that ******** mountain were going to get me there.

I had gathered up as much as I was allowed and was making my way back down when one of the tethers to my guide broke and I ended up tumbling down the mountainside at about a whopping five miles an hour. When I finally got to the bottom I was thankfully unconscious and I didn't wake up until apparently two months later in a muggle hospital. The muggles who found me only found my wallet and my knapsack of supplies but nothing else. My wand probably flew out and broke and I no idea about any wizarding places in the city I was in so I was pretty much stuck. Oh, and I had contracted hypothermia for a few weeks, especially in my right cornea which caused me to lose sight in that eye."
                                                Thane added offhandedly gesturing to his eye patch that was partially shaded by his long hair growth. He really needed a hair cut, he was so tired of the man bun thing.

"I was weak and recovering in a foreign country with only my name to my name.I I was pretty much ******** those first few weeks. The hospital helped me regain my equilibrium and strength so I could walk without the use of a walker but I still get sort of weak and out of breath if I walk for long periods but that might also be because I haven't really eaten today, of which they've put me on a mainly liquid diet until it's ascertained that I can handle solid foods. They also helped me raise the money to get a plane ticket back to the UK so I could sell those blasted mushrooms and caught the Knight Bus here. Soo...that's it really. I ******** up, paid the price, and you probably don't want to uh, see me any longer so I'll just go and I'll send a mover for my stuff if you haven't already thrown it out an-" Thane was cut off by Kalin practically hoisting him up out of the chair and wrapping him a large sobbing hug. Main emphasis on the sobbing.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm so so sorry! I yelled at you, I hit you and you were, you are hurt and and, oh my god..." he hiccuped spewing more apologies while the shorter brunette awkwardly patted his back. "It's alright, I pretty much deserved it anyway. Especially with everything I put you through. God Kalin, I don't deserve you." he said on a final note. Kalin pulled back to look at him while wiping the excess tears from his eyes. "W-what do you mean?"
                                                "I mean I really don't deserve you. I'm selfish, I'm mean, I'm sullen, I'm withdrawn. I'm basically Negasonic Teenage Warhead without the buzz cut and the awesome powers. I can't see why you decided to give me a chance in the first place, let alone keep giving me second, third, and fourth chances but um, I'm hoping my good luck at least keeps going long enough for me to do this." Thane nervously pat his left pocket and gingerly got down onto one knee like he was supposed to pointedly ignoring the shocked gasp coming from the other male. "I had thought of this whole big way of asking you during Christmas with everyone and then letting you have the biggest gaudiest wedding you could plan with anyone you wanted to invite and had pretty much resigned myself to probably having to shake hands and play nice to more than a dozen people at the reception because it would make you happy and...and that's literally all I've wanted. Even under the selfishness, the meanness, the sullenness, being a withdrawn arsehole all I've wanted was to make sure you were happy. And...and if it would make you happy if you never saw me again I'd leave and never look back, but, but if you'd want to-"

"Of course I want to! Didn't you hear anything I've been saying you stupid idiot t**t!" Kalin interrupted him with a teary grin and pulled him up yet again for a hug but also a lingering kiss. When they finally pulled back, the fog in Thane's brain cleared up enough to have him remember something and start chuckling as he rested his head against his boyfriend's-fiance's?-collarbone. "You never even let me finish, and yet you called me the t**t." Thane teased and chuckled more at Kalin's flush before pulling out the ring he had found for him days before his accident and sobered up seeing how the stone glinted in the man-made light. "Will you marry me?" he asked him seriously and was nearly blinded by the size and brilliance of the smile given to him. "Took you long enough, idiot." he was told albeit fondly before being brought back in for another kiss. Afterwards when he was practically glued to the couch and made to rest and consume near inhuman amounts of soup and water he didn't even complain, out loud any way.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:38 pm
User Image
User Image

Thane was sitting on the floor sipping his coffee while the BBC news rolled across the screen of the telly in front of him. He could hear Kalin getting Brendan ready for the day in the next few rooms over and rolled his eye at mixed chuckles or giggles that he could hear. He eyed their breakfast dishes still on the table figuring he could just finish that later. After their elopement and short honeymoon to the coast, since apparently every kid needed a beach vacation according to his new husband, they had come home and he had renegotiated his earlier job contract. Mainly meaning he sent it back to his buyer unsigned and was now officially unemployed. Kalin took this to mean that he could be a "stay at home dad" until they found a nice preschool for them to enroll him in. It was already late autumn, about to be winter really, so they were pretty much stuck until next August to apply. Unfortunately, he didn't mind as much as he'd like; it just meant he had time to shape Brendan's mind a little more before it was squashed beneath the conformist regime that was primary school. It also meant he was going to be bored out of his ******** mind trying to make learning shapes, numbers, and colors fun and interesting along with being cooped up in the flat at least five days out the week. But he'd deal with that speed bump when it flipped him over he supposed.

Finally the news ended, the war was still going, egg prices would skyrocket, petrol was finally getting lower blahblahblah, when Kalin came into the living room with Brendan sitting on his hip before he deposited the boy onto the floor with his cow companion and a kiss to his forehead. "Be good for Papa today, I'll be back before dinnertime. Thane, try to get him to eat some fruit for his snack today, don't think I missed the gummy paper in the trash." the taller man leveled his husband with a stern look while Thane merely pointedly ignored him to take a sip from his mug. "Thane-" "I got it, fruit not fruit gummies. Anything else?" He smirked at the audible huff he received before realizing yes, there was something else. "He needs to have a nap around one or he'll be grumpy and sleepy by supper. Oh! And if you can, could you please stop by the market real quick? We're out of cheese, low on bread, and I know we ran out of creamer two days ago so, what exactly are you drinking?" Thane gave his husband his own look. "Coffee? Just because I enjoy a bit of creamer doesn't mean I need it to enjoy it. Unlike others who apparently enjoy coffee flavored syrup." He snickered as Kalin huffed again, louder this time, but was quieted when the man came over to press a kiss to his lips. "Don't overdo it today, and have fun please? Brennie, make sure if your Papa looks tired to make sure he rests. Have a good day guys, if you pick up that cheese I'll make us some pizza for dinner!" he called out in parting as he grabbed his jacket and keys before leaving through the front door. Once they were alone and Star Trek the Next Generation was just starting in, Thane looked over at Brendan. "So, what should we do first?"

Miss GryffindorK

That split the night

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝒆𝒆ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽𝓟𝓾𝓻𝒆𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭

Brendan had been enjoying his time helping Kalin and Thane, but when it became official he was to be adopted by them, he became positively delighted. A week before they were going to bring him home, Brennie packed his little suitcase and waited by the window, spending many nights asleep in the big, fluffy recliner. Finally, finally the day came, and the toddler went to hug the two he'd call Daddy and Papa forever and ever. When they went home, he was able to explore his new space... including his very, very own bedroom! A few days after they went to the beach, he was going to get to spend the whole day with Papa Thane. In his bedroom, he bounced on his bed while Daddy Kalin got his outfit ready. While he was being dressed up, the boy squirmed happily, discussing what the plans were for the day. Apparently he was going to take care of Papa all day, which was fun!

After he was all dressed in his soft new shirt, Brennie worked his best on brushing his hair. With a little help, the blonde locks were tangle free once again. He was scooped up by Kalin and held onto the man's belly as he was carried into the living room. Before they all talked, he was set in the floor, so he hugged MooCow instead. Kalin said he'd be back before dinnertime, and that he was supposed to mind Papa, but Brennie always did his very best to be well behaved and helpful. "I'll be very good for Papa." He nodded, giggling when Thane got caught with the wrappers to their snack yesterday. He did love fruit snacks, after all! Thane sassed back, only for Kalin to say that the toddler needed a nap. Brennie made a face, though he did rather enjoy napping... And they'd get to go to the market! The toddler loved going there! The grown-ups talked about coffee, which was their stinky drinky. Brennie was told to watch Papa, and if he looked tired, to have him rest, which the boy agreed to. He then said they got to have pizza for dinner! He loved pizza... probably!

After Daddy Kalin left, Papa Thane put something on the telly, so the boy watched it for a few seconds before growing bored. He clinked together a couple blocks, then looked over at Thane when he spoke. "We can color maybe? Or play with blocks! Maybe we can eat sneaky fruity-snacks!" He giggled, thinking Kalin wouldn't be happy if he heard them talking about breaking rules. "Maybe just 'nuggle on the couch an' wash a movie?" He stood and hurried over to his Papa, struggling to climb onto the couch. Once he was able to make his way onto the sofa, he squirmed next to Thane. He still wasn't sure what grown-ups did for fun, but he was sure willing to try if it meant making the adults happy. His eyes were wide with excitement, glad to get to spend the day with his new dad.

Sᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʙʏ, I sᴛᴀʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴜᴛ sʜᴇ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, I ᴡᴀs ʟᴇғᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Sᴛɪʟʟ I ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ’ᴅ sᴀʏ "I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."
Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sʜᴇ’ᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ,
Aɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ sʜᴇ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ,

ℒ𝓲𝓴𝒆 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆, 𝔀𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Thane smirked that one of Brendan's suggestions was for them to sneaky some more of the gummy snacks, especially since he had already planned on doing so. At the movie suggestion he considered it, but wondered if the toddler had the attention span for a two and a half hour star trek movie. Probably not. Shame, he wanted to see if the kid liked Picard or Kirk. He thought for a few seconds about what else they could do, because he did not feel like sitting through an hour long Disney film, he was pretty sure he'd seen them all thanks to the older Abram kids, when he came up with an idea. "How about we do a fun science experiment instead of the movie. It'll be something you can keep and play with." He was pretty sure they had either borax or some starch stashed somewhere in the flat and they still had some leftover paint from decorating Brennie's room, definitely all he needed to make some silly putty. Well that and glue. He was pretty sure they had glue. Maybe. He should probably check just to make sure. "Do you know what silly putty is?" Thane asked wondering if the kid would even know what they were about to make.

Miss GryffindorK

That split the night

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan snuggled happily, trying to figure out what was going on on the telly. It was some movie with old people... but maybe they were in space? He tilted his head, turning his lips to try and blow hair out of his face. Thane looked to be thinking, perhaps about the old fellows on the telly. Luckily, after mentioning fruit snacks, he noticed a grin on the man's face, leading him to wonder if they would indeed eat fruit snacks. He did love gummies, and he was pretty sure they were Papa's favorite snack too. But then again, everyone loved fruit snacks! Well... Kalin preferred snacking on fruits rather than the gummies. When none of his best ideas seemed to work, Thane suggested one of his own. Brendan wasn't entirely sure what science was, but it sounded fun, and he'd get to work with Thane! The toddler looked up, eyes wide with excitement. Thane asked about silly putty, but the toddler wasn't sure what it was. He had furrowed brows as he pondered what it could be. "No, but it sounds like fun, yea! Is silly, right? And we're gonna... play with it?" He grinned brightly, hoping Papa would go further into detail about what was going to happen. He bounced up and down, hair dancing as he was bouncing.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Thane wasn't all that surprised Brendan didn't know what silly putty was but did give him points for his use of logic. "It is fun, it can be silly, and we're definitely gonna play with it. Uh, got take a seat at the table and I'll bring everything we need. Ohwait," he just noticed that his long hair was still down and looked at the little mess on the coffee table before finding one of his stray rubber bands and climbing up on the couch besides the little boy. He gently positioned his head so he could gather all the blonde strands before pulling them up into a tiny bun. "There, now we're ready. Oh, and go wash your hands. You never do science with dirty hands." Thane informed him before sliding off the couch to go route through the drawers by the washer for glue finding a rather full bottle thankfully (he'd buy some more when they go grocery shopping just in case) along with the starch right by the detergent. It took him a bit longer to find where they stashed the paint, he hadn't wanted to raise the next Dris, before locating it in his and Kalin's shared closet and choosing the green. He met back up with Brennie at the dining room table with all the ingredients spread out over it then scrounged through the kitchen looking for a bowl he knew Kalin wouldn't need for the evening and a large disposable spoon. "Ok, so silly putty is a very easy thing to make. First, you just squeeze in all the glue right there into this bowl." Thane grabbed the bottle of glue and unscrewed the lid before positioning both of Brendan's tiny hands on its side and helping him pour its contents into the bowl. When he was sure it was all out he set it to the side. "So this is where I need your help. I'm gonna stir and your gonna pour just a small scoop of starch in when I say so, ok? Oh, and the paint. Here, we'll squirt some paint in too so it'll be nice and green at the end." He had very nearly forgotten about the paint before his elbow knocked into it and he again helped the little boy pour just a tiny bit of the green paint into the bowl before he lowered it to the floor so he wouldn't spill it. "Ok, now pour two scoops of the starch in while I stir." Thane instructed grabbed the large plastic spoon.

Miss GryffindorK

That split the night

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan smiled when Thane agreed it was fun and something to play with. He told the boy to go to the table, but promptly told him to wait. Quietly, the toddler sat back down, crisscrossing his legs so as not to forget and move about. It seemed the man was looking for something, but Brennie just wasn't tall enough to see exactly what he was looking for. After what seemed like forever to the toddler, Thane returned and sat down, before moving his head around. Brennie went with the flow, letting himself be moved about, only to feel his hair being carefully tugged back. He was getting a little floof tail! He loved that! When his hair was finally away from his eyes, the boy turned to offer his papa a huge grin. "Thank you, Papa! I can see all again!" He was told to go wash his hands, so he wriggled off the couch and scurried to the bathroom. Pulling out his tiny stepstool, the three year old managed to wash his hands, only yelping at the too-hot water once, even! Though he did make a bit of a soapy mess...

When he returned to the kitchen, Thane had set out all sorts of crazy things. There was paste, laundry stuff... and paint? What ever was this they were making? Brendan climbed into a chair at the table and peeked over, trying to determine their to-do. When he realized he was still too short to reach anything, and thus help, he clambered down and squirreled his way into his booster seat. There, now he could reach the table top! Thane opened up the paste and the toddler listened very closely to instructions. They had to pour the glue in the big bowl? That was easy enough! He grabbed the bottle and upended it, spilling the contents into the bowl. Thane pressed his hands over those of the toddler, helping squeeze out all the glue. At the mention of needing help, the boy lit up with excitement. He was a good helper! Thane added paint and gave Brennie a scoop before lowering all the things to the floor. With a small huff the toddler climbed down and squat by the bowl. He said to pour two scoops in the bowl, so the boy got a nice spoonful and added it, followed by another. "One... two! Two scoopies! And you stir! And tell me when I gotta scoop some more 'kay, Papa?" He grinned, watching with utmost fascination.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Thane snorted as Brennie loudly counted out the scoops and instructed him to tell when he needed more as he stirred the gooey mixture trying not to break the spoon. "I think I'm going to need one more scoop." he told him testing the viscosity of the goop thinking one more or so of the starch would give the right sticky mix for the putty. The paint had turned it a very bright shiny shade of green and once the last scoop of starch was added it became the right mix for the putty to group together and fall comically off his spoon but not splatter. "Alright, it's done. So what we just made is silly putty. It's like kinda like playdoh only you can squish it and play with it a lot easier. See look," Thane grabbed the large ball they created and showed the little boy how it hung out his hands and through his fingers without it falling apart. "Put your hand in, it's sorta cold and slimy but it won't hurt." he promised holding it out towards Brendan so he could put it in his hands.

Miss GryffindorK

That split the night

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan grinned eagerly when Thane said he'd need one more scoop, so the toddler happily complied, plopping another spoonful of the powder into the bowl. He watched Thane stir, eyes wide in fascination. Every time it was mentioned that they might need more, he added more, grinning like a mad man the entire time. Finally, after Thane had stirred a whole bunch more, the man pronounced it done. But what was it? Thane said it was like play-doh, but it could be squished around a lot more. He liked playing with play-doh! Thane squished it around, and told the toddler it was fun, but cold and slimy, making him wrinkle his nose. Luckily, the boy had a lot of trust for his new Papa, so he happily offered out his hands to take the ball of goop. True to his word, the stuff was slimy and chilly, but he kept smooshing it around. "Is gooey! And squishy! I like it, Papa!" He grinned, stretching the putty as far as his little arms could stretch. With a thought, he gave one end to the man and tugged the other half, gasping in shock when the putty snapped apart in the middle. "Oh no! I broked it.... I'm sorry, Papa! I didn't mean to breaks it." He stared down at the half in his hands, sniffling with upset. All that hard work only for him to break it!

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Thane watched the little boy cautiously stick out his hands to accept the goop and was rewarded with a grin and not a shriek of disgust. So far so good. He wasn't sure he'd ever get the hang of being called "Papa" though. Kalin seemed to have gotten along great with being called "Daddy" or whatever and he was pretty sure they now had a few new mugs and t-shirts of that relevance but personally, it was going to take a while. Maybe when the kid was ten he'd stop BSOD'ing. Unfortunately while he was in his moment Brennie tugged at the putty and separated it into two and believed he broke it. He momentarily panicked, inwardly of course, at he began to sniffle because even after living with two little kids he still never got used to crying. Especially kid crying. "You didn't break it, see?You can push it back together, or you can keep it separate so you can have some and I can have some." Thane demonstrated by bringing the two sides back together into one giant lump of the original putty then split it again so that they were on opposite sides of the bowl.

Miss GryffindorK

That split the night

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:44 pm
I was broken from a young age
Taking my sulking to the masses
Write down my poems for the few
That looked at me took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heart ache from the pain
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mɪɴɪꜱᴛʀʏ Sʟᴀᴠᴇ Wᴏʀᴋᴇʀ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ᴀʟᴜᴍ

Thane was at the kitchen table doing actual work for once trying to ignore the heavy constant silence that now hung around the flat. He knew Kalin was around the flat somewhere and that Wyatt had just left, why he was there in the first place sort of alluded him but he had been to spacey to really care. Speak of devil, he came into the room with a large laundry basket and settled himself onto the couch facing the telly without actually turning it on thankfully. Backlogged paperwork was bad enough without those noisy dramas his husband had taken a liking to.

"Why was the door to Brendan's room open?" Kalin asked randomly causing Thane to flinch and tighten his grip on his pen.

"It was open?" he responded baldly keeping his eyes on his papers. "Yeah, wide open. Any idea why that was?" Kalin asked again folding a shirt and placing in the small pile on the coffee table. The Slytherin just frowned annoyed that they were still talking about this.

"No? Look, I might've gone in there earlier to look for something and forgot about the door, happy?" He cursed under his breath when he realized he spelled "suspicious" wrong and started looking for his white out in the mess.

"What were you looking for?" Finally Thane snapped and looked up over at him. "Why are you so upset about this? It's a ******** door, it's not like there's anything in there."

Silence came over them again, even heavier than before as he tore his eyes away from his husband back to his papers not seeing him throw the clothes in his lap on the floor. "I think that was the first time you've even looked at me in weeks." Kalin said softly causing the other to scoff.

"What are you on about now? Can't you see I'm doing-"

"I'm talking about the fact that since Brennie was taken you haven't talked to me or even given me the time of day and I'm ******** tired of it!"

Thane hadn't realized how close Kalin had gotten until he slapped a hand over his papers, and even then he still didn't look up at him.
                                                "I get that you're upset and I get that you're angry but you sitting here acting like you're grieving when we could still be looking-" "Do you, Kalin? Do you really get it? Do you really get why I'm angry?" the Scot bit out finally looking up at his husband not flinching away from the angry glare sent his way. If this was how he wanted to do things, fine. He hadn't wanted to work today anyway.

"Who was it that's always filling his head with trust and belief in the human spirit and all that s**t, huh? Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to take their son to Diagon Alley and then get sucked into a conversation with someone instead of looking after their child? Who the ******** loses a kid in broad ******** daylight-"

"So what, this is all miraculously my fault?!"

"WHO ELSE IS ******** HERE, KALIN? My parents?Your parents? My entire ******** family?! I told you, I ******** told you I'd be a s**t parent and I ******** told you I'd ******** this kid up and now look. There's not even a kid here for me to ******** up! Unless you count Nasim and the s**t she's going through which yeah, that's totally gonna work out just great. We get another kid to replace the one we lost because that's capitalism or whatever..." When he stood up he couldn't tell you, especially since he didn't remember when he started crying either.

"So that's it? It's my fault that OUR son was taken because I looked away for a few minutes? Where the hell were you then?! I seem to remember that day a lot differently than you apparently are." Alright, back the actual ******** up. "And what the ******** is that supposed to mean?!"

"Maybe I blame you for getting him that stupid camera!
                                                I told you he was fine with his kiddie one but no, you thought you had to be the better father and buy him something he didn't even need after knowing how hard it was trying to get him to stop running off places and taking those stupid pictures of everything! Maybe if you actually listened to what I actually say instead of it going in one ear and out the other-"

"At least I ******** look for our son-"

"HOW DARE YOU, I'VE BEEN OUT LOOKING FOR HIM JUST LIKE YOU HAVE."

"Oh really, where? I know you haven't been out during the day with me and others so where exactly are you looking? Maybe at James and Lyre's house in their kitchen? Or maybe the McMabbon's and theirs?
                                                You barely took the week off to look before you went slinking back into someone else's life!"

"MAYBE I DON'T LIKE BEING AT HOME WITH MY SON'S EMPTY BEDROOM AND WITH A HUSBAND WHO HATES ME SO MUCH HE HASN'T ******** SLEPT IN OUR BED SINCE THAT DAY!"

There were both crying now and shouting and he was pretty sure their neighbors hated them (more than they probably already did)
                                                and God when had Kalin gotten so thin and he was pretty sure the last time he saw him with a five o'clock shadow had been never. "I don't hate you. I never did." Kalin scoffed and wiped at his eyes finally backing away, this time he being one not to meet his eyes.

"Oh yeah? It sure felt that way." he spat walking back to the couch angrily grabbing the basket of clothing still needing folding. Thane sighed walking over to the couch and after standing by him for a few terse seconds, wrapped his arms around his back settling them over his stomach and placing his forehead in the small of his back. "I sleep in there sometimes, it helps or something. Idunno, I just, I didn't mean for you to think I hated you. I don't, this is just really hard." he tried explaining, rather lamely apparently since he heard a derisive snort come from his husband.

"Right, because not talking, not looking at me, and sleeping somewhere else really gets that point across. And I thought snakes were supposed to be observant or something."

"I didn't think lions were sarcastic gits and yet here we are." he mumbled out annoyed smirking though when he heard and felt Kalin's held in laughter.

Thane pulled his face away from his back and manhandled Kalin to face him bringing his face down for a soft kiss. They mumbled out their apologies for the earlier yelling and as ******** up as it seemed, he felt a bit lighter than he had in weeks. He was still upset and he was still worried and wanted to go out searching every chance he got, but now he knew (or was reminded) that he wasn't alone in this.

Take up my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the
(Pain)
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100