[R-PRP] Unwelcome Ventures [Ras Alhague x Maditah]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:13 pm
User ImageThe desert was nothing new. It had been long since the lion had grown accustomed to he feeling of a parched mouth. Of the hot sand beneath his paws and the merciless sun on his back. The desert was an unforgiving land. It made him hard and, like the beating of sand on stone, it made him weathered.

Ras Alhague was not a huge lion, but he certainly held himself as if he were. He walked boldly and unabashed, his grey sandy pelt only just standing out against the sands that had made his home. This sudden emergence of green, however, made him stand out even more.

These particular lands were unknown to him. Former vizier of a now lost clan of thieves, Ras was more used to the deep desert of tall dunes. The ground was no longer moist, but the result of the rains were still clear. The lands around him remained charred from burning as he moved through, trying to find any sign of anything worth salvaging.

He'd seen the fire from afar, enjoyed the rains that had followed, and had come to the site of the fire to investigate. As he approached, Ras had noticed the figures of lions around the area. Wary, he had waited until the numbers had all but dwindled to make his approach. Not one to pass up a possible opportunity, he also wasn't one to go charging in somewhere that might be less than friendly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
User Image

Maditah had pn't been near the area when the fire had started, having been out hunting on the oppersite side of the pride's current camping ground. But she had heard numerous tales of the event and had seen some of the wounded lionesses afterward. Sobala in particular had been burned badly, her entire back leg scoched and missing the fur, her skin shiney and swollen underneath.

She wasn't generally a morbid lion, nor was she overly curious to see the brand new scar that marred the landscape. But she was hungry, and not above scavanging when the need arose. And if there had ever been a more needful time in the pride she wasn't aware of it.

So the tawny hued Busisa had come out to where the fires had ravaged the earth in the search for unfortunate victims. She had found a few hares hile burned, had not been charred to ash, and after getting through the blackened outter skin had discovered that cooked meat was surprisingly good to eat. Now she was searching for more dead things to take back to the rest of the hungry pride.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:43 pm
If questioned, the rogue lion wouldn't have a solid answer as to whether he had come to these lands with the purpose of finding food (or company. The desert was a lonely place, after all), or for sheer curiosity. In all honesty it was probably a bit of both. The lands where he had previously lived and wandered were all sand and rock. Nothing out there to set aflame. The sight of this charred land and the new green that had sprouted nearby, how could one not be intrigued?

Perhaps he had been too far in his own head, thinking about this place and the possibilities it held. Regardless of the reason, Ras had let his guard down long enough to where he hadn't noticed the lioness until they were practically on top of each other.

He was startled, to say the least. It had been a long while since he'd been in this proximity of another living soul, and the last time had been with someone who was rather... unfriendly. Reflexively, his muscles tensed and his icy blue eyes narrowed into a stare, scarred face distorting as he gave a frown. The lion backed away a few paces, staring the lioness down as he took in her features.

"Who are you?" he said finally and defensively. "What is this place?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:02 pm
The sudden apperance of a stranger, and a male at that, startled the huntress and she mentally cursed herself. She was supposed to be experienced and knew better than to let her guard down!

Damnit Madi, get your head back in the game...

Watching him carefully as he backed up and stared at her with what she presumed was an annoyed expression, his words made her flick her ears back, her own posture as defensive as his.

"This is the Ithambo'hlabathi pride lands." She drew herself up to her full height as she spoke. Not agressive, just assertive. While she was the typical size for a lioness she was lean and fit, if thin from the near starvation the pride had experienced recently. But she was an experienced female and having spent some time as a rogue before arriving at the bonelands, she was accustomed to leaner times. "Who are you?" She asked, tone polite but wary. She didn't yet offer her own name, after all he tecnically was tresspassing and shouldn't be here. While she would rather be polite while sending him on his way, she would fight if he absolutly insisted on it. After all, this was her home.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:47 pm
A pride, The Ihambo'hlabathi. The name was foreign, but the meaning of her words were clear. These weren't any random lands. These were owned. Protected. Being somewhat in a position of leadership in his own former home, Ras was politically competent. He knew what it meant to be trespassing on another pride's turf.

Still, this lioness didn't seem as though she were going to fight on the spot. Besides, it would be foolish to start a one-on-one fight to protect borders outright. Surely there were more diplomatic ways. There was the possibility of backup, he though, and though he relaxed slightly he remained vigilant for that reason.

The lioness hadn't answered his first question, but considering that he was the one doing the trespassing that was only fair. "My name is Ras Alhague." He didn't talk of his association with his former pride. Even when it existed it was secretive, and more likely to make enemies than friends. "I didn't realize I was trespassing, and for that I apologize." Blue eyes looked the lands over. "I came to investigate the fire. I haven't heard the name of your pride, before. Suppose I'd be fine being on my way. But tell me, what is your pride like?" He was curious. Again, the political mind he had made for an interest in collecting information on these foreign lands.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:11 pm
She saw the understanding bloom in his eyes and relaxed a little, though she wass till watchful. At least he had understood her meaning and seemed content to respect what she was subtly implying. That rogue males weren't welcome.

She accepted his name with a small nod, ears flicking before she decided to offer her own in return. After all he seemed as if he would be polite about the situation and Maditah never had liked confrontation for the sake of pride.

"I'm Maditah." The lioness offered, allowing her serious expression to ease back into her more usual easy-going demenor. "Appology accepted, with the fire out here it's understandable that our boarder is not so obvious" She wondered at his interest ni her home but saw no harm in explaining a little. "Like?" She didn't quite understand what he was asking. "We have been around for a long time. Our land is quite large though we migrate within it, so maybe you have simply missed us when we have been staying up this way. We do tend to keep to ourselves." She paused and gave him a slightly amused smile. "We don't allow generally strange males into the pride. We have two Leaders and two Seconds. If a male wishes to join, he has to challenge and win against one of the Seconds." She translated the pride's titles for him, as she doubted he would know what Umholi and Inselelo meant. She wasn't being rude, she was merely informing him of their laws. "Females are always welcome however." She gave a little shrug and another smile.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:49 pm
The lion remained silent as he listened to her explain the workings of the pride. It was interesting. Only four males, a number of females, and a large swath of land? The benefits were high, it seemed, though not without risk. Males joined by challenging and winning and... presumably those they bested lost their position.

"Interesting," he mused, looking thoughtful. He'd heard of a number of different prides, but not one like this. "I'm from a pride in the desert as well," he started. It was only fair to exchange information for information. "A clan..." of thieves, he finished in his head. A piece of information he figured best to leave out. "A clan from the desert far from here, though. Seclusion, and long since disbanded." Again, Ras looked the lands over. At least now, after the rains, the lands were rich. Surely there would be prey here. It was a shame that he had to leave, a feeling that he betrayed in his expression.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 pm
Maditah listened as he spoke, head nodding slightly. "I'm sorry your home no longer exists..." She offered, genuine consolation in her voice. Glancing back over her shoulder towards the heart of her home she sighed softly. "Our land is not usually quite so desert-like. There has been a severe drought. But that seems to be on the wane now." Silently she prayed that her words were true and not just wistful thinking. They had recieved a small amount of rain, but it was no where near enough to replenish the water sources. Looking back at the male she regarded him, curious, but knowing better than to invite him to linger. If her pride-sisters arrived they would have to chase him off, and Maditah didn't think that would be nessassary, he seemed content to look and then leave on his own.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:14 pm
Ras stiffened at the consolation. It was unfamiliar, but not entirely unwelcome. He had forgotten how nice it was to simply chat with someone. Thinking about the nature of this pride--its numbers, its habits--creating a sinking sense of nostalgia in his gut. It was a feeling he wasn't particularly fond of.

His eyes lingered on his for a few moments before drawing away into the distance. "Seems so," he said briefly in response. Still not making eye contact with her, he let loose a breath. "I apologize once again for trespassing. Your hospitality is appreciated, Maditah." Ras glanced at her once again before turning his body away, back in the direction from where he came. "I'll be off, then. Best of luck in hard times," he finished before he moved away from the char.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:21 pm
She watched him silently for a while, surprised by the fleeting emotions that flickered across his expression. She supposed every lion had their own story to tell, she just hoped his had a happy ending eventually.

Nodding in response she offered a sympathetic smile. "No harm done. I hope you find what you are looking for." She offered by way of a reply before he turned away and started back the way he had come. "Take care Ras" She added.

She waited until the male was out of sight again before she also turned, heading back towards the pride. She still had a large area of fire-blasted ground to search after all.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces