Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:04 pm
User Image

There was a rumor in the pride that a new monarch would soon be crowned, and Tseva couldn't be happier. Finally, things would be calming down at last. Of course, she'd known it would turn out all right when she'd learned that the pride was home to Seers who'd foreseen the fall of Shangyue, but that didn't mean it hadn't been tense and stressful since she had found that out.

Now the black lioness practically danced on her way to the hunt. Turning towards her companion this night, she grinned.

"Isn't it wonderful, Ukulwa? There's going to be a new ruler soon!"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:21 pm
The silver pelted lioness was lost in her own thoughts when a voice interrupted them with an enthusiastic amount of cheerfulness that she could only assume would be related to the rumors spreading around the pride. When she finally caught up with the statement she gave a warm smile.

“It’s wonderful news!” Ukulwa knew of the rumors, but hadn’t looked into the matter to deeply – though she was as eager as the other sounded. “Hopefully things will begin to truly right themselves.” She spoke to the awful amount of damage control that was likely necessary after such a ruler as Shangyue.

“What have you heard so far? Unfortunately I only picked up that there was a new ruler to be crowned.”

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:36 pm
"Very little," Tseva admitted. "I know that the Shaman has stopped biting the heads off everyone who comes near, that she and her Apprentices are busy, and not much else." Of course, even without the persistent little rumor, those facts alone should be enough to communicate the fact that a new ruler was in the near future. The black lioness had had little reason to speak with the Shaman, but even Lailah K'chol's family had been avoiding her for the past few moons. And the Shaman had sequestered herself away from the pride for long stretches of time as she wrestled with the decision.

"Regardless, it's the best news this pride has had since Shangyue was killed," Tseva concluded firmly, clearly convinced that Ukulwa would wholeheartedly agree with her statement.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:20 pm
Very little. The words bummed the lioness out a touch – she hadn’t been all for gossip, but with all of the goings on Ukulwa had found herself keeping an ear out for any changes or news. It had likely been the only reason she even knew the little piece of information she did know. It became clear to her that should she want to keep on the up and up it would be necessary to keep an eye on the Shaman.

“You’re argument is sound, she has seemed much more calm – if not more of a busy body in the last little bit.” She mused, recalling the behaviors of the Shaman that had at one time been calm, but had become something of a hot head in the last few moons. Recently the attitude had subsided and so it should have been an obvious sign that there had been something resolution. “I’d imagine there might be plenty to prepare for a coronation.”

“You couldn’t be more right. The death of Shangyue has brought on a whole new relief.” A gentle sigh made her statement concrete as though she was physically relaxed by the words being said out loud.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:28 pm
"Well, I am relying a bit on my mate's viewpoint as well," Tseva said with a twinkle in her eyes. "After all, he didn't bring me back until after Shangyue had slaughtered his way to the throne. So I have to be honest since I don't really have "before Shangyue" experience to offer." Really, that was one way in which Avahk's being related to far too much of the pride was helpful. He might not know everyone by name and face, but he knew a lot of them and could guide the former Jini-msemi through the morass easily.

"Who do you think she picked?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:44 pm
The who hadn't intrigued Ukulwa as much as the what, as in what will be done once they are finally crowned. "If I'm being honest I really don't know who I would peg to say yes?" Her mind was wandering now, trying to recall the different occasions in which the Shaman went off on her own, had she had company? It was clear she would never be very good at being in the know.

"Did you or your mate have anyone in mind?"

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:56 pm
"I thought at first that she'd pick Nketa, Antara's twin," Tseva admitted. "Avahk says she would have picked the twins' brother Umepatwa if he'd lived, but he refuses to name someone who is actually alive," the lioness rolled her eyes at the grey male's refusal to offer up a real guess.

"So we'll never know if he was right or wrong."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:56 pm
Ukulwa listened attentively as the other spoke. It was interesting to hear the suggested names pour out easily - so fluent.

"Perhaps that means he knows more?" An honest thought said between friends, secrets weren't uncommon and this would be a pretty big - if he did know, the likelihood was that he didn't and also simply didn't want to suggest any wrong answers?

"Unfortunately you're right about never knowing."

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 am
"True enough," the lioness sighed. She smiled at her fellow again. "So I guess we'll just have to wait and find out when they announce our new monarch. In the mean time, words don't feed the pride!"

They were Hunters, after all, and they had a job to do. The future would take care of itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:25 pm
With a hearty laugh she nodded to Tseva. "I suppose we ought to focus at one thing at a time for the moment." The laugh was followed by a smile.

"Rumor had it there was a small herd nearby, we could try to scout it out and come back to let the others know." She proposed the idea in a way that suggested the idea, though anything could happen to the pair when they went out.

That was the joy of hunting, there were many possibilities.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas