Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Ellianarelle
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Craft: Courtesan (Entertainer/Spymastery)
Location: Traveling, but if she Impresses she'll end up attached to Western Weyr
Physical Description: Ellianarelle, or Ellia for short, has waist length and stick straight dark auburn hair and bright blue eyes. She has pale skin and prefers to keep it that way. She is a tall and willowy woman, standing at 5'8. She does not let her height deter her from wearing heels, either. Ellia enjoys wearing fine clothing and takes excellent care of her things so she always looks her best. She has a number of parasols to go with any outfit she may wear and can almost always be found with one.
Personality: Ellia is quiet and reserved, but don't let that fool you. She can be a firecracker if she needs to be, or if she's upset. She's good at playing different roles for whatever she needs to do though sometimes it can make her feel exhausted when she gets a little alone time. She enjoys the finer things in life to the point that she refuses to eat or wear less than the best. When she's able to just be herself (which isn't as often as she might like) Ellia is kind and helpful. She enjoys spending time alone when she can get it, but she also enjoys spending time with her few close friends. She's good at holding in her temper if something angers her, but she has a soft spot for children and animals and will not tolerate them being abused regardless of the situation she's in. She can wait to help the abused one out of the situation, but she will not just leave them there.
History: Ellia was born to an easily distracted Starcrafter mother after a fling with a visiting dragonrider. More often than not, Ellia was left to her own devices and learned to take care of herself at an early age. When she was young she read as much as she could get her hands on and often acted out her favorite scenes when she was alone or with friends. This led her to wanting to become a courtesan. At first, she only focused on the entertainment specialty, but the romantic aspect of the spymastery lured her in and now she does both. She was 19 when she walked the tables to become a Journeyman. Since then she's been traveling from place to place, but her favorite place to be is a Weyr during a Hatching. If she can make marks, she will accompany someone to a Hatching but she has no problem going alone. In fact, she prefers going alone. She can sit closer to the Sands and at the edge of her seat, cooing over the baby dragons and encouraging the Candidates.
Other: If she Impresses, she doesn't want to fight Thread. If possible, I'd like for her to be a traveling entertainer instead.

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? No
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? Yes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:24 pm
Just so you know, there is no opting out of fighting Thread. All of these past rider professions -- entertaining, piracy, coast guarding, leaving the Weyr period, etc. -- those were all things dragonriders could do because Thread was gone. They needed a new purpose in life. Now that Thread is back, all of that is out the window. Dragonriders will not be allowed to leave just to go somewhere else. Officially transferring to another Weyr is one thing, but a queen rider will order deserters back if discovered. And since dragons are telepathic and can usually feel one another, hiding isn't exactly an easy option.

Pern needs every dragonrider it can get. Their duty is now to defend the planet. Wants and desires they had before Thread are now absolutely put to the wayside. gaia_star

Let me know if that changes anything for your girl. While it's one thing to have a character who had already been out and about loathe to return to fulfill their duty, anybody who Impresses a Hatchling is bound to their Weyr. Maybe the Candidate/weyrling doesn't like it, but dragonriders have a duty. It's not optional anymore. It's required. yum_cupcake And I suspect that change isn't going to go over well for a lot of 'em. That's half the fun!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 pm
Masterharper
Just so you know, there is no opting out of fighting Thread. All of these past rider professions -- entertaining, piracy, coast guarding, leaving the Weyr period, etc. -- those were all things dragonriders could do because Thread was gone. They needed a new purpose in life. Now that Thread is back, all of that is out the window. Dragonriders will not be allowed to leave just to go somewhere else. Officially transferring to another Weyr is one thing, but a queen rider will order deserters back if discovered. And since dragons are telepathic and can usually feel one another, hiding isn't exactly an easy option.

Pern needs every dragonrider it can get. Their duty is now to defend the planet. Wants and desires they had before Thread are now absolutely put to the wayside. gaia_star

Let me know if that changes anything for your girl. While it's one thing to have a character who had already been out and about loathe to return to fulfill their duty, anybody who Impresses a Hatchling is bound to their Weyr. Maybe the Candidate/weyrling doesn't like it, but dragonriders have a duty. It's not optional anymore. It's required. yum_cupcake And I suspect that change isn't going to go over well for a lot of 'em. That's half the fun!
OH. Okay! I misunderstood then haha xD

Would it be better then if I quested her as older and already a rider? And she's been an entertainer but now that Thread's back she's been recalled to he Weyr? ouo  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:45 pm
Strawberri Stardust

It's absolutely up to you! If you want her to be a Candidate/entertainer now, that's totally fine. Since she'd be a Stand's Impression if she Impresses at all, it's possible that she'd not necessarily know she was stuck. She'd learn that once weyrling training started, though.

If you quested for her as an adult with a dragon she could be a travelling entertainer, and then it would be up to you if you wanted her to stay there or return to the Weyr to fight. It is in a dragon's instincts to fight Thread. Many Weyrs are calling back riders because Pern needs them. gaia_star

So it's totes up to you! Either way works though.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:55 pm
Masterharper
Strawberri Stardust

It's absolutely up to you! If you want her to be a Candidate/entertainer now, that's totally fine. Since she'd be a Stand's Impression if she Impresses at all, it's possible that she'd not necessarily know she was stuck. She'd learn that once weyrling training started, though.

If you quested for her as an adult with a dragon she could be a travelling entertainer, and then it would be up to you if you wanted her to stay there or return to the Weyr to fight. It is in a dragon's instincts to fight Thread. Many Weyrs are calling back riders because Pern needs them. gaia_star

So it's totes up to you! Either way works though.
Okay >w< I think I'll turn her into a quest instead then 8'3 Maybe she could be my goldrider quest xD and her dragon talks her into going back to fight thread 8'D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 am
Sure! Let me know if you want me to move this thread to the Quest Forum or delete it whatnot. Sorry to throw a wrench in your plans.

I put in the Character Creation rules a note about riders who have gone rogue and that future riders who Impress at the Weyrs will not be enjoying those luxuries. So maybe that will help clear the confusion.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Character Approvals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces